DOLPHINS TEAM PAGE

Replies

• hypallage
    hypallage Posts: 624 Member
    I'm still here...
  • tabbydog
    tabbydog Posts: 4,925 Member
    I'm here!

Can someone explain the reps to me for this week? I am not sure what I am supposed to be doing 100 of. :bigsmile: I did 300 yesterday anyway, but not sure if they count....

Sunday:
    1. 3 mile run - 30 minutes
    2. 0
    3. 10 minutes stretching
    4. No alcohol
    5. Stretched after my run

My Monday:

1. 5.5 mile run, 60 minutes
    2. 300 ab reps (100 crunch, 100 bicycle, 100 reverse crunch)
    3. 10 minutes stretching
    4. no alcohol
    5. stretching after my run.

I forgot about the pay if forward for last week. I have a hard time with road rage, so I made myself yield the right of way to other drivers, letting them into traffic, etc... I was amazed at how much calmer I was driving...... :smile:
  • Justacoffeenut
    Justacoffeenut Posts: 3,808 Member
    On Points last week I forgot to re-list here that I did work out Thanksgiving day for 50 min with two family members. I did list it last week but forgot to with the above listed points. Sorry.

Question

Since Sheri loves to push us Im not sure on the Reps this week. Is it to be 100 each of UB, LB, and Core or just 100 total with a combo for those? Sorry if this was answered somewhere else and I missed it.

Hope everyone is having a super week. Sorry to drop a note and run but got to go. Will catch up with information later. Keep up the great job everyone.
  • Artemis726
    Artemis726 Posts: 587 Member
    Sharing a great workout for the holiday season!

1463737_764554406895217_1751485032_n.jpg
  • tabbydog
    I worked out Thanksgiving day also, and did my 100 reps. Since Friday was Thanksgiving also, with my husbands family, I did the same thing that day. :bigsmile:
  • hypallage
    hypallage Posts: 624 Member
    tabby/vhuber - could we have your cals for your workouts... Thank you :)

vhuber - just seen you are doing clapping push-ups... AWESOME WORK!!!
    I am in awe of you!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    tabby/vhuber - could we have your cals for your workouts... Thank you :)

vhuber - just seen you are doing clapping push-ups... AWESOME WORK!!!
    I am in awe of you!
    I have NOT been wearing my monitor cuz Shari said last week NO need for calories unless WE wanted to & this week it was not a requirement either! sorry! and for the clapping pushups, they are on my knees cuz after surgery on my hand in August they tend to get sore with full body weight on them!
  • vhuber
    TUESDAY: It is 5* & blowing snow so about -20! :noway: I HATE winter!

1. 60 minutes on bike
    2. NO HIIT today
    3. 25 clapping pushups
    4. 5X2 stretches
    5. No Burpees AGAIN!!! :drinker:
  • Sheri869
    Sheri869 Posts: 1,195 Member
    @April...:bigsmile: I saw your post on the main page...what?? :noway: You're not excited about the HIIT's this week??!! I think I almost died doing mine tonight!! I didn't get a chance to do them this morning so I had to do them at the gym....which require running instead of the usual array of torture...I HATE running!!!!! And I miscalculated so I had to do an extra minute of high intensity :grumble:

@verda....I agree with sue....clapping push ups knees or not....wow! annnndddd I HATE winter too!!!

I managed 50 on each side of my new rep....doing propped up with the most incline I can manage - on bosu ball side crunches and leg lifts together....so 50 more new reps....then I'm done!!! I thinnnnnkkkkk I'm gonna be a bit sore....

I BLEW it yesterday...I had 2 classes I Really wanted to hit at the gym....but it was SEAHAWKS Monday night football....I succumbed to watching the game instead of going to the gym....THANKFULLY they kicked *kitten* so at least I didn't miss the gym for a crappy game!!! Now I gotta get it in gear to get everything in!!!

Keep up the great work guys!!!
  • Sheri869
    Ohhhh and just saw the reps question....its just 100 total for the week this week cuz I figure everyone is going to get in a bunch of Cardio rep type stuff in the HIIT's

BUT the 100 needs to be a new type reps working whatever body part you want...and by new - it can be totally new or a variation of something you do or have done....ie: adding an incline or weights or like side planks or "push ups with a clap"... tons and tons of ideas and variations out there....pick a body part you want to work...and use your imagination or search the web or ask on here if you need ideas.
  • vhuber
    Morning Dolphins!!! It is 'WONDERFUL WORK IT WEDNESDAY"!!!! Go TEAM GO!!!!!
    I WISH I could REALLY work it but this bronchial cough just will not allow it!! I WILL do what I can though!!!!
  • tabbydog
    My Tuesday:

1. 63 minutes running
    2. 0
    3. Stretched and loved on my foam roller for about 15 minutes last night. :laugh:
    4. No alcohol
    5. Stretched after my run

Had a GREAT run today, sub 10 minute miles for 5.5 of the 6.25 miles. That's pretty speedy for me. :drinker:
  • tabbydog
    OMG this made me :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

WorkoutInspiration3.jpg

Get off Pinterest and DO THE WORKOUTS DOLPHINS!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :drinker:
  • tabbydog
    I am such an idiot. I got so obsessed about the reps that I forgot about HIIT. Guess I know what I will be doing the next four days! :ohwell: :laugh:
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Just checking in, I don't feel good:sick: !!! I'm gonna try to get everything done this week but not sure my body is gonna let me. I'm gonna attempt some side plank crunches for my new rep. That shouldn't be a problem. It's HIIT that I'm concerned about since I have a cough and sore through... ugh I hate being sick!
  • Sheri869
    @April...do what you can...but remember the HIITS are High Intensity at your level....if you're sick...or not feeling well and high level isn't jumping to the moon and back...it doesn't need to be...just needs to get your heart rate up a bit....but don't push yourself to the point of getting more sick!! Sometimes if you can gear up the energy to do a bit of a workout...you can get lucky and sweat the sick away (though that doesn't always work!) Get your rest! And Feel Better!!! :flowerforyou:

@Verda...you do the same!! Geeze we are getting plagued with disease all of a sudden!! I hope you guys get better instead of worse!! Too busy of a time of year to feel under the weather!!!

Wellll as much as I :heart: you guys....suddenly glad this is an internet friendship :tongue: as to not share your germs! :sick:

The rest of us....lets Get Moving!!! I'm hoping to get in a nap today...only got 3 hours of sleep last night....NEED that nap if I'm gonna go strong at the gym tonight!! I'm falling asleep at my desk at work!!! Thank God the boss is gone today!! :bigsmile:
  • vhuber
    @Sheri, you did not say we needed to keep calories burned again so I have NOT been wearing my hrm. I guess I can guesstimate from mfp if needed though! I see my data for Monday is up but not my Sundays or Wednesday!
    I think I am feeling better today but I blame you for spreading this stuff, didn't you have this about 3 weeks ago?:wink:
  • Sheri869
    lol! yes I was sick...sent my germs via cyber space! :sick: :wink: I'm all better now :tongue: ;-) Now I'll try and share my good germs!

You can estimate if its not a huge issue...this week with the 20 minutes of vigorous...that would kind of show in the calorie burn...but I didn't specify that it was required so if you can go back without too much hassle great...if not...just go forward from here - and the MFP estimate would be fine for this week anyway...there are no team #'s and no required calorie burn per person.
  • vhuber
    Sheri, I wore my HRM for my 60 minute bike ride this evening & burned 480. SO I am going to say 480 on Sunday, 720 on Monday, 480 on Tuesday and TODAY! Did not use calories for HIIT or for the reps or the stretching.
    1. 60 min on bike
    2.1 set of HIIT
    3. 25 LB Reps (one legged deadlifts)
    4.5 min of stretching 2 times
    5. Burpees were REALLY calling my name today but I hung in there!!!!:drinker:
    Low sugar (bad habit)
    did my good habit
    these two I have been successful at all week too!
    I am hoping to burn some serious cals tomorrow in my last 90 minute workout!
  • vhuber
    I wish you a GREAT Thursday DOLPHINS!!!!!

I am off to the Dr. this morning for some antibiotics! I RARELY use them & use my own to fight sickness but I HAVE to this this time!!
    My workout will come later!