2 week challenge

Options

Replies

• wassergottin
    wassergottin Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely doing the March challenge! My goal is 8000 kcal per week, with a minimum of 60 g protein per day.

March goals:

1. Walking 10,000 steps per day
    2. Biking for 30 min per day.
    3. Drink less pop (only 1 can per day)
    4. Lose 5 lbs.
    5. Do calisthenics routine at least every other day.
  • shander7
    shander7 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Beeps - Wow! That sounds like a terrifying experience!! I hope you feel better soon :flowerforyou: I love your pic though! Happy to see you have a face ;) I'm glad you had a good vacation aside from the nasty urchin stings!

Amy - Your plan sounds like a good one! My cheat meals would end up being liquid too! haha

Ashley - Looking great!! I hope you did your 5 miles like you were planning! I can't wait to be able to run outside again.. once this stupid snow melts I can get back on the bike path!!

Alexluevano - Welcome! Sounds like you have some great goals!

Wassergottin - Great goals!

Sorry I've been MIA!! I've been doing pretty decent with eating, splurged a bit this weekend, had Mexican & Chinese food! It was delicious, but not too healthy haha! Next week, starting Sunday I'm doing the 7 day cleanse that I did this summer with the fiance & a friend from work. I've been stuck at the same weight for a few months and just want a jump start on losing the last little bit! I've still been great with working out in the mornings and I can't wait til the bike path clears up so I can run on some mornings and lift on the others!

Also, in other news.... I FOUND MY WEDDING DRESS!! :) I'm so excited!! Now I have to wait another 404 days to wear it :) Time to really work on getting a butt and toning my arms & back!! :happy: :happy:
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,959 Member
    Options
    wassergottin - I've put you into the March *star* challenge!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Thanks, ladies....it wasn't a very good weekend. That Friday bull-*kitten* really threw me for a loop! I enjoyed the Oscars...."distraction" is EVERYTHING to me, right now.

Anyway, I need to get back to MY NORMAL, so I will go lift, today (even with pinky in bandage...I have to get my body moving again!) and I am back to calorie-deficit (slight).

*star* challenge STARTS TODAY, so make it a GOOD MARCH, ladies....let's REALLY MAKE IT COUNT this month, okay??
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    that's exciting you found your dress, Shan! What sort of dress is it? I love weddings...

I was pretty good all weekend, for once. I even went to my husband's comedy show in Colorado Springs. The headliner was Dustin Diamond, Screech from Saved by the Bell. It was fun.

I am also somewhat prepared for the week, or the next couple of days anyway!

Beeps, how many of the best picture nominees did you see? I only saw ONE! Dallas Buyers Club. I liked it.

So, this week, I am trying to keep cals at 1400 per day, 4 workouts. that is all
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Yes, shander, post a picture of the dress, please!!!!!!

Amy, I saw only 4 of the pictures....2 of them this past Saturday, lol: "gravity", "dallas buyers club", "captain phillips" and "american hustle"

Now that Oscars are done, think of all the movies that will come out (on demand streaming) that I can enjoy....with "12 years a slave" being top of my list!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    OMG Beeps! I'm glad you are okay, but how spooky!

Good to hear from you Shan. Post some pics of your dress? :smile:

That's all I can see for now.

I'd say last week was mostly a success. I feel like I ate well, but I ate (drank really) a bit too much so I was over by 703 calories for the week. I totally could have come in closer if I wouldn't have grazed all day yesterday. It was nasty weather, I stayed in comfy clothes all day, didn't leave the house, and just sort of snacked throughout the day. It had been a really long time since I'd done that, and I made calculated decissions to basically be lazy and munch on carbs, so I don't feel terrible about it. It wasn't like I was out of control binging. I just wanted to eat the food. I was a little bloated this morning but already feeling normal again. Sometimes you just need a day in your jammies with a bowl of popcorn. And rice. And sub sandwich. And pasta. I did get a good lift in, so there's that. I also got 5 workouts done last week, including my 5 miles, and I have to say, it was one of the better runs I've had in a while. I did 5 miles in 48 minutes which is a bit better than normal time for me. As long as my bestie can get someone to cover work for her Saturday morning, we'll be running the 10k. If she can't we'll be doing a later run, but regardless, I have plans for a long run Saturday. It has me motivated to continue a long run on Saturdays. I really do enjoy it.

I'm ready to step it up in March. Let's do this!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Amy, how was your husband's show?!?!?!?!?!? omg - so very excited for the BOTH of you!!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    I was pretty good all weekend, for once. I even went to my husband's comedy show in Colorado Springs. The headliner was Dustin Diamond, Screech from Saved by the Bell. It was fun.

We must have been posting at the same time....but I couldn't let this go without comment! I loved Saved by the Bell! I have heard his material is a bit dark/nasty/etc. Too funny....
  • amysj303
    Options
    Yeah, Screech is pretty dirty, but kinda juvenile dirty if you know what I mean.
    There were two shows Friday and two shows Saturday, they were all pretty good, I think. Have already shared a youtube link? I can't remember, but if you want to see a clip of my funny husband:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-1usMGqqQc&sns=em

My husband was also a huge fan of Saved by the Bell, it is funny how much he knows about that show. I watched it too, I guess I just don't remember every detail, like that Screech had a robot named Kevin...

But weird celebrity sighting for me years ago-NYE 1998 I think, I was at a club in Las Vegas called The Drink, and I met Slater and Mr. Belding, they were actually partying together...
  • ramalem
    ramalem Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!

Beeps - so sorry to hear about what you went through, how scary.

Shand - Pic please!

Amy - that is so awesome. Good for your hubs. I also love Saved by the Bell. I literally have all seasons aside from college on DVD haha.

Better - your day sounds awesome. And good for you on an awesome run time. I've decided that I'd like to start picking up "distance" running again (prob no more than a half marathon). I miss it.

That's all I can see.

I had a pretty bad weekend, not gonna lie. Went to Vegas with my husband for work, so his bosses pretty much paid for everything. Champagne and wine were flowing, just couldn't help myself. I actually ate relatively healthy, salad with chicken for lunch and scallops and steak for dinner, so I guess I can't feel too bad. I probably consumed a weeks worth of cals on booze though. We went from Vegas to Phoenix to visit friends, ate and drank badly there too. Sigh. Scale somehow isn't up today thank goodness.

I really want to make March my month for some actual weight loss. Since I started lifting in December, my weight has increased. Yes I feel better, but my pants are still tight and I'm just not happy with the progress. I know that my eating/drinking is the root of my issue, but I am starting to feel like the lack of cardio (only HIIT once a week after lifting) just ins't cutting it anymore. I might have to cut back lifting to twice a week so I can fit 1-2 cardio sessions in. My lift sessions are almost an hour each, and when I workout at lunch, I just don't have time to fit it all in. So I either need to cut down my lifting OR buck up and get up early and run on lifting days.

Anywho, that's my rant. Hope you ladies have a great week and I'm excited to kick the Star Challenges BUTT this week :)
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Ha! Slater and Mr. Belding partying. Too funny!

Ramalem, I have found a pretty good balance with 2 lifting sessions about 25-30 minutes each, my 60 minute yoga-lates class, and 2 runs (usually 2-3 miles each) to be a good balance of strength and cardio. I found when I was training for the mini I felt fluffy with no strength training. Then when I was lifting a lot more and not doing much cardio, I felt fluffy then too! I like a good muscle fatigue, but nothing beats a good sweat.
  • shander7
    Options
    I know I should know how to do this by now after being on MFP for 3 years... but how do I post a picture in here??:blushing:
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    I know I should know how to do this by now after being on MFP for 3 years... but how do I post a picture in here??:blushing:

You have to use am image hosting site like Photobucket and then copy the img code. I think you still have to change the letters "img" from uppercase to lowercase in two different areas. So yeah....not as simple as you would think. There are pretty good step by step instructions if you search the forums.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I am going to watch your husband's youtube video when I get home, Amy...

ramalem - I wouldn't go to 2 lifting sessions. Really, I wouldn't. Cardio DOES make one "feel better"....but, it isn't the right DRUG to change your shape! If you really want shape-change, you really have to keep up the weight-training. Maybe just try and fit "cardio" in throughout your day, though - park further away when driving to/from places, take the stairs, etc., etc. I'm trying to figure out how to fit in MORE "unscheduled cardio" into this never-f*cking-ending winter, too....

Got my lifting in-and-done...problem now is I can't figure out how to get my weigh-lifting glove, off, without pressing on my pinky-pad (which is stitched and sore). Going on, I was pretty excited because my gauze pad held and I got my work-out done....then, in the change room afterward, I'm kinda like, "ruh-roh...."

I'm still wearing the weight-lifting glove as I type this, lol!
  • amysj303
    Options
    I have to look it up everytime too, Shan. I use tinypic.com and you browse out, and select your pic and then it should give you a link for message boards, then you have to change "IMG" to "img" when you paste it in here.

Happy to help, cuz I wanna see a pretty dress:)
  • ramalem
    ramalem Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Awww Beeps - You're so determined. Good luck with the glove. I am doing my best to still get three lifts in. I am starting yoga next week (is right next to my office) so that should help too. Just sick of feeling like im in a rut, even though I know lifting is so good for you.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I swear it is the WEATHER that is causing "rut"-season for everyone. TOO COLD. TOO DARK. TOO LONG A' WINTER.

I'm going to change up my lifting routine, too, to try and stave off "rut".

And, maybe purchase a rebounder....
  • shander7
    Options
    Ok... let's see if this works! Ignore the lighting.. it isn't the most flattering!!!

351gugx.jpg

2elf4zr.jpg

Edit: Woo! I did it!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!!!

BOOM!

That dress is B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!!

You are what makes the dress MORE beautiful, though, shander!! You are GLOWING ALREADY!!

So pretty!!

BOOM!