2 week challenge

Options

Replies

• abigail1977
    abigail1977 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Holy crap! I stop logging in for like a week & so much has happened, it's going to take me awhile to catch up on everyone's posts, but it's slow at work today :)

Anyways, I just can't seem to keep up with logging, so I cannot do the Star challenge, but I gave up sweets for Lent so that should help with the eating habits. My regular food is pretty healthy, it's just adding in all the junk that's a problem. Not eating right away in the morning has also been hugely helpful. Thank you again Beeps for helping me realize that it's okay not to eat in the morning! I wait until I am hungry to eat, novel idea. Also, I am working on my training for Mudderella, however I am having a hard time keeping with the workout program on the blog so I am going to try & tweak it a bit to fit into my schedule. I also went back to my Saturday morning yoga classes - so boring, but so good for me.

Hope everyone's week is going well.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,959 Member
    Options
    ramalem - you are in the *star* challenge for March, right?!?!?!? So, you can log that, anyways....the 5 lbs will come right off, I PROMISE!

Better - I can't make 4:45 am gym call...I just cannot. Good for you!

Abigail - sorry you aren't in for March *star*, but it sounds like you are doing all the right things nutrition/fitness-wise anyway....good enough! BOOM!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I think the March lion/lamb was for weather, if the first day of march is cold and stormy then it will be nice at the end of the month-if it's in like a lamb it goes out like a lion and vice versa...
    I took the night off, shared a burrito with a friend but had 4-5 drinks.

Those recipes do sound inspiring, Ash, I will follow you:) the only thing I pin are ideas for outfits and shoes I want:tongue: so don't feel like you have to follow me back.

I think I can keep today kinda low but I have been over almost everyday so far but not a ton, so hopefully I can still get a star;)
  • ramalem
    ramalem Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Beeps - yep totally in for the STAR Challenge!

Definitely following you Ashley! I also try and pin healthy recipes (and of course some not so healthy ones ha ha).

I'm headed out to Victoria BC with my mom this weekend... hoping I don't derail my good week. Mom isn't a huge drinker so that should at least keep that part in check. We won't have a car so we'll be walking a lot too which will be good! I am going to bring my workout clothes in case I feel like popping down to the gym on Sunday AM (mom likes to sleep in :) ).

I WILL get that Star!
  • shander7
    shander7 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Ashley & Amy - Just followed you on pinterest! (I think) I am obsessed with pinterest and am constantly pinning new healthy recipes and everything else :) follow me if you'd like!!

Ram - what is your pinterest name??
  • ramalem
    Options
    Shand - here is a link: http://www.pinterest.com/meganramaley/ I think I just followed you!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Yay! New Pinterest friends!

Beeps....4:45 PM! I am not a morning person. I was waking up around 630 to work out at home for a while but I prefer to snuggle with my kiddo once she gets up around 630 or 7 (or 6 like this morning.....). I got to work "early" at 8:10 instead of around 8:30. :smile:

Good to hear from you all! We've been moving fast lately!
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Yea I am a pinterest addict too...drum roll please.....my real name is Ashley Carter. When I started myfitnesspal I wasn't sure I wanted my real name out there, so I used my dogs name :laugh: So follow me! I found some of you already.

I am having an ok week. I took Fat Tuesday a little too literally and had way too many carbs and had a horrible stomach ache all night. So hopefully I learned my lesson. I finally saw a drop in the scale today which was nice....its been a few weeks with no change. I completed week 6 day 2 of C25K this morning. (its an 8 week program). My next program is going to be Chalean Extreme. I have found that is a great way for me to get back into lifting. I will just do the 3 days a week of lifting and then fit in runs when I can.

I am definitely a morning workout person, especially now with the baby if I don't do it in the morning it doesn't happen!

Happy late Birthday Ris! Good for you on the couple extra glasses of wine! I am still being pretty consistent with my nightly wine and am thoroughly enjoying it after having the 9 month break :drinker: And good for you on pumping for your friend. I do not have that big of a supply. I have a decent backup stash in the freezer, but I pretty much produce what he eats daily and am supplementing with 1 bottle of formula.

And I don't care if March is a lion or a lamb I just want this winter to be over!!! I have never been so sick of snow in my life!!! I never really understood that saying either!
  • shander7
    shander7 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Chloe... or Ashley now!! I was so confused when you added me! I was trying to figure out who the heck you were!! Makes much more sense now :) I agree with you though, I've definitely become a morning workout person!!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Chloe, you're really an Ashley? Oh this is going to be confusing.... :wink: Great name.
  • ramalem
    Options
    You guys all have such great pins! Glad we connected on Pinterest :)
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Haha! Yep that's another reason I kept the Chloe when I saw you were an Ashley....I can stay Chloe on here to keep things easier, I've kind of gotten used to it :wink: And yes it is a great name!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    ...this is all very confusing.

Here is what I do know, for sure. I have never gone to pinterest. Not once, not ever. Same with instagram...

Does that make me a "dinosaur"??!?!? Probably.

On the other hand, there are only SO MANY "time sucks" I can permit and so, I have to stick with the few I know: Venus, facebook, mfp and a couple private chat forums (that I've been a member of for >15 years).

Once my kids are teens and are floating around on social media sites that are "in" at that time, I might have to re-evaluate. For now, omg....how MUCH TIME do you peeps HAVE for electronics?!?!?!?!?
  • ramalem
    Options
    Haha oh Beeps. I do social media marketing for a living so I'm pretty close to it, like ALL the time :)
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    I had a fun workout last night. Got down to the office gym about 4:45. No one was there. Did some back rows with just the bar (we have no plates yet) so I was able to do more reps. Did Bulgarian split squats. Did bar overhead presses (again no extra weight so more reps). It was sort of nice taking the weight down and doing more reps. Especially the OHP's, I felt like I was getting better range of motion and using more muscles. Then I rowed for 10 minutes, something I haven't done in forever. Finished off with some abdominal ball work and then just messed around. Did some yoga poses I haven't done in a while, then headstands (can still do!), handstands (can do against a well), tried handstand pushups (I can get down a couple inches....maybe), walking handstand (can't do this), tried a backwalkover (still can't do this), realized I can't do the splits fully anymore, and realized I can still do a roundoff and a toe touch. It was fun. And now I want to be able to do a backwalkover. I was never a good gymnist. Took overall gymnastics for maybe a year as a kid and took 3 years of tumbling during cheerleading in middle school and could never do much. I know I currently have the strength and flexibility, so now I am determined at 33 to be able to do something gymnastics-ey. :smile:

10k in the morning! My PR is 59:29. Doubt I'll be breaking any records tomorrow, but we'll see. So I'll be eating pizza and having a little beer tonight. Carb loading is fun. Have a great weekend ladies!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Better_Balance - for about 1 week after seeing "PINK" perform in concert (in January/14), I SERIOUSLY thought about doing a bunch of gymnastics stuff....maybe re-living my own youth.

But, I'm 46. And, I think this is just NOT the right route for me to go!! Yes, I'll keep lifting. Yes, when I retire, I'd like to add hot yoga back into the mix....but, otherwise, NO. Just "NO".

I will cheerlead the h*ll outta you, though, if you do all the gymnastics stuff!! GO GO GO!!!

:happy:

ramalem - the social media team in my employer BLOWS MY MIND. The young and creative are NOT to e underestimated!!!!

BOOM!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Yeah for the weekend. Got that start challenge to keep me in check. What to order at the Thai place...

Have a great weekend, everyone!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    omg am I E-V-E-R glad the weekend is here!

stitches are OUT....it STUNG like a b*tch, but it's done.

cardio saturday and sunday and then back to LIFTING on Monday. CANNOT WAIT!!!

BOOM!

Don't forget to SWITCH ahead your clocks on Saturday night.....and, DON'T forget to log-in Monday to report on your *star* challenge SUCCESS!!!!!
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Beeps - Wow! That sounds like a terrifying experience!! I hope you feel better soon :flowerforyou: I love your pic though! Happy to see you have a face ;) I'm glad you had a good vacation aside from the nasty urchin stings!

Amy - Your plan sounds like a good one! My cheat meals would end up being liquid too! haha

Ashley - Looking great!! I hope you did your 5 miles like you were planning! I can't wait to be able to run outside again.. once this stupid snow melts I can get back on the bike path!!

Alexluevano - Welcome! Sounds like you have some great goals!

Wassergottin - Great goals!

Sorry I've been MIA!! I've been doing pretty decent with eating, splurged a bit this weekend, had Mexican & Chinese food! It was delicious, but not too healthy haha! Next week, starting Sunday I'm doing the 7 day cleanse that I did this summer with the fiance & a friend from work. I've been stuck at the same weight for a few months and just want a jump start on losing the last little bit! I've still been great with working out in the mornings and I can't wait til the bike path clears up so I can run on some mornings and lift on the others!

Also, in other news.... I FOUND MY WEDDING DRESS!! :) I'm so excited!! Now I have to wait another 404 days to wear it :) Time to really work on getting a butt and toning my arms & back!! :happy: :happy:

Thank you! And that's ah-mazing! That'll give you everlasting determination :)
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! My name is Alex, I'm a 25 yr old SAHM of a toddler. 5'1" & weigh 117lbs. Trying to drop a bit more weight before we try for baby #2

My goals for March are:

1. Continue working out 30 mins/day 7 days a week.
    2. Drink 8 glasses of water a day
    3. Eat at least 2 servings of fruit & 3-4 servings of veggies daily
    4. Increase protein
    5. Eat 1,450 calories/day (previously 1350).
    6. Lose 2lbs

Lost a pound! Been working out hard everyday & hitting my nutrition goals.... Even with eating Panda Express yesterday :)