Daily Check In Thread -- 10k+ version

Options

Replies

• taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    With my left ankle feeling good all day yesterday(Twisted it on Saturday at Stampede), I thought I would risk a run. Walking warmup, all good. First few strides slight pain on the uneven ground. Moved to the road and all was good so I carried on. It was meant to be an easy run so I had to keep slowing myself down. Reached about 2 km into the run and my left calf was starting to tighten, a hundred metres or so after that, the ankle started to hurt again :( Pulled up and walked the shortest path back home. No pain at the walk which I am glad for.
    I'll try for my next planned run on Friday and see how it goes.
  • AlbionOakley
    AlbionOakley Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    6km 36:40
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I had some time after finishing c25k w1d3 with my friend, so I ran!

4-7-14_zps230e9f7a.jpg
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    2.23 miles in 25:28.

Mile 1 - 11:58
    Mile 2 - 11:01
    2.23 - 11:02 min/mile

I've been trying to break the 12 min/mile on my shorter runs, so an 11:01 is by far my fastest mile ever. It was raining with lightning/thunder and looked like it might start hailing at any moment, so I had an extra incentive to pick up the pace. Still really happy with that time.
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    RunFarLiveHappy Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be doing the 3W races Women's Classic virtual 10k on Saturday. My friend is going to do it as a 5k. We'll do the first 1.5 miles together and then she'll double back home while I continue on the run.

I hadn't heard anything from you about this so I didn't know if you were running it!! I'm excited that you are. When are you running? I'm doing the 10-mile virtual. ????❤️
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    Options

I've been trying to break the 12 min/mile on my shorter runs, so an 11:01 is by far my fastest mile ever. It was raining with lightning/thunder and looked like it might start hailing at any moment, so I had an extra incentive to pick up the pace. Still really happy with that time.

Not to mention it was early in the morning! Great pace Laura!
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    Options
    Finished w1d2 of c25k with my friend. She is doing great! I am AMAZED at how easy this is for me! I am enjoying this. Might be just what I needed!

Do you remember how much you struggled with week 1? Oh wait, maybe that was just me!

Yeah. You're funny.

Very funny!

I do remember how much I struggled with Week 1, especially the whole getting off my @ss and doing it part! I remember how I thought I was going to die my heart was beating so hard after only 1 minute of running. I remember how I struggled to breathe. I remember how I knew there was NO WAY I'd EVER be able to run for 3 minutes, let alone 30! (Run for an hour- OH HE** NO!)

Yesterday, I checked my heart rate after one of the 1 minute runs- 116. When I first started running a year ago, my HR after 1 minute was closing in on dangerously high levels! I am not gasping for air. I can hold a conversation.

Every day, I am in awe of how much my body has changed and how much healthier I am.

That is exactly how I remember week 1 too!!

f you'll all agree to forgive me, I'll admit that I never used the C25k program nor subsequently the B210k program. I do however remember feeling like my heart and lungs were going to explode when I started running. So thankful my fitness has improved. I would never have thought I would be seriously considering running an 24-hour ultra marathon this fall.
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    Options

It helped to have a virtual running partner. :happy:
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    Options

It helped to have a virtual running partner. :happy:

Agreed! ???? I enjoyed my run more than I thought I could have. I was out from 4:15am-5:05am, 4 miles + 0.5M cool down walk.
  • AlbionOakley
    AlbionOakley Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    3km 17:02 , short fast run. rest tomorrow then my first 10k sunday
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    Options

Good luck! Have fun at your race!
  • taeliesyn
    Options
    Nearly 7km last night with some walk breaks as my ankle still isn't 100%, it was fine on the walks and I made it nearly 3km into the run before I had to walk to give it a rest. Got drenched a few times and got a few smiles from walkers as I ran past, who were just as drenched.

This morning was Pioneer parkrun. I was planning on taking it easy and hoping for a time around 30min. I had issues at the start with my phones belt clip breaking and I ended up pausing and restarting Strava app twice, so the first hundred metres was done at a walk. The first few strides uphill my ankle was hurting, figured I'd give it 20m or so and see if it settled. It settled and I ran along quite easily for a bit with a friend at around 7min/km, then I started to speed up. I wasn't pushing myself and I was just aiming for what felt easy. Strava app told me I was running around the 6min/km pace and that was good, just kept bundling along not paying too much attention to Strava. Ran with a few different people a few times and pushed the last 50m (if that). Came in at 28:12 according to the final results. Oops, might have ran a little harder than planned.
    Very happy with my progress, it was only two months ago that I was pushing myself to my limit to get that sort of time, without an injury and without having ran the night before. :D
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    10km, 1:02:53 easy pace

Nice! That's a good run.
  • PaytraB
    Options
    Finished w1d2 of c25k with my friend. She is doing great! I am AMAZED at how easy this is for me! I am enjoying this. Might be just what I needed!

Do you remember how much you struggled with week 1? Oh wait, maybe that was just me!

LOL! ......
  • PaytraB
    Options

Good pace, Laura!
  • PaytraB
    Options

Great times. Good luck on Sunday. Let us know how it goes.
  • romyhorse
    romyhorse Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Ran the Colorado Women's Classic 10 mile virtual race today. I've never ran further than 12km before and I've never ran more than 6km in the past 8 months. But I thought, it's only 4km further than my longest run, I can do that, right? My plan was to go out slow and walk when needed. If I could finish under 2:10 I would be happy. I set off at a steady 12 minute mile pace and at the half way point was feeling good so I picked it up a bit and finished the second 5 miles at 11 minute mile pace for a time of 1:55:15! Super happy with my time and who knows, maybe a HM isn't out of the question either, with a bit more preparation obviously, lol!
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    Options
    Ran the Colorado Women's Classic 10 mile virtual race today. I've never ran further than 12km before and I've never ran more than 6km in the past 8 months. But I thought, it's only 4km further than my longest run, I can do that, right? My plan was to go out slow and walk when needed. If I could finish under 2:10 I would be happy. I set off at a steady 12 minute mile pace and at the half way point was feeling good so I picked it up a bit and finished the second 5 miles at 11 minute mile pace for a time of 1:55:15! Super happy with my time and who knows, maybe a HM isn't out of the question either, with a bit more preparation obviously, lol!

That is so amazing - and what a crazy fast time! I see endurance races in your future!
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    Options

Super dooper proud of you!!! Virtual races take some of the anxiety and pressure off. I'm psyched that you ran another of our races! Thanks! You'll have to post a pic when you get your medal, they're so awesome! I ABSOLUTELY think you need to start thinking about a half marathon, your time was great!!!! ????????????
  • taeliesyn
    Options

Well done! :)