Daily Chat Thread

Options

Replies

• jamaicanlady
    jamaicanlady Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    pmag, how awful to have ur gym bag stolen but to lose ur logs that's just terrible. I hope you had a back up. Like, I track on fitocracy and I also enter my workouts in a spreadsheet.

redlipstick, looking forward to those progress pics.

sunshine, the first few times I did BSS I did them wrong too. Realized after a while about having the top of the foot on the bench. Had to drop back the weight to do it like that. As a matter of fact, think I should have stretched first because the first time I did it right, my foot cramped up.

bepee, the new year resolutioners have dwindled off at my gym too. Thank God. (I'm so mean). But I'm anticipating the "take 2 weeks to get bikini ready" crowd any day now.

willlift, that really is weird. I hate to be disturbed at the gym too so I always wear my headphones. That works MOST of the time but there are times when some persistent soul manages to get a comment in here and there.

cowgirl, ladies only gym??? How fortunate! We have nothing like that here.

runz, do u take regular measurements? If it weren't for those, I would have no idea my body is changing because many weeks I see no change on the scale but have a reduction in my hips for example. So I take measurements weekly.

So I'm feeling very motivated right now. Eating going well. Protein intake is good. Did 2 out of my 3 lifting days so far. Actually got some stretching in after my sessions. Feeling like I would throw in an Insanity session tomorrow. I lost quite a bit of weight when I did that program a few years ago. I hope my weigh in on Sunday doesn't let me down.
  • runzalot81
    runzalot81 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Jamaicanlady, I do take measurements. The tape says I'm gaining :sick:
  • manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    runz, that could be muscle retaining water. When is your rest week? Do measurements after your rest week.

I did step ups again today AND some other exercise I despised previously. (bending over with weights while lifting one leg parallel to the floor. can't remember the name)

I had hoped closing out my diary would keep me from eating more tonight . Not gonna happen. I've had less than 1100 calories and 90 g protein :bigsmile: . Maybe a yogurt with granola for crunch factor.
  • manic4titans
    Options
    124 g protein and 1347 cals. Didn't go over carbs or fat either :bigsmile: :drinker:
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,986 Member
    Options
    Woohoooooo! Awesome protein, manic!
  • redlipsticklyfe
    redlipsticklyfe Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Manic: You DID that! Great job with the protein!
    Runz: My measuring tape had me up an inch when I moved into stage two. I think I'm in the beginning process of going back down with all the extra intervals and BWM that stage three tacks on. Don't get discouraged. The measuring tape will be your friend again soon.
    jamaican: Even if the scale doesn't say what you want hold on to the good feelings you have right now. You got two out of three lifting days done and you can seriously think about adding in insanity on top of that. No matter what the scale says you're a better woman than most.
    sunshine: stage two stage two. BSS were a move that I did wrong for half the stage too. Don't stress it.
    pudding: I think it was you that talked about the box deadlifts or whatever they're called. I thought they were stupid too until I widened my grip more and realized that I didn't have to do anything differently. Do your deadlifts on the step the way you would normally do a deadlift. Just widen your grip. Forget the rolling over the toes which sounds like something that should only be done by a trained stunt double.

3B2 is done and I actually slogged my way through it with a smile on my face. I'm really sick of stressing about what my body is going to look like so I'm going to enjoy my workouts (and even though they're long with the right music I really do enjoy them) and what will happen will happen. Dropped my calories by 50, downloaded a pedometer app, and I'm walking home for lunch every day. I'll move more, keep increasing my weights, and eat within reason. The half a pint of Double Chocolate Talenti I had tonight was totally within calories and reason. Have a great night ladies!
  • Pmagnanifit
    Pmagnanifit Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I didn't do dls from a box I did just regular dls.

I lifted this am, but I was weaaak...
    I had use bike gloves instead of lifting gloves....
    and I was late for work despite getting out of bed at 5 am.

I tried some new exercises
    inverted rows are fun but I can only do 4 of them.
    kettle ball swings I tried a few different weights 15-30 lbs but I stopped because I I was afraid I would hurt someone. Actually I just felt foolish-- any advice on these??
    side lunges holding 25lb plate- probably too easy
    pushups with feet on the bench- I felt like Rocky

Manic awesome job on the protein

Hang in there Runza, sunshine

Red I am jealous that you can do the DLs from a box.

Rzarley- there is a warmup exercise in in Supercharged that can help you with flexibility for your squats- you have your feet a little more than shoulder width apart, touch your toes and then bend at the knees until your butt almost reaches the floor.
    Then you alternate straightening and bending your knees
  • manic4titans
    Options
    Pmag, I felt weird doing the kettlebell swings too until I saw a few guys do them too. So I don't care anymore. I watched a video to make sure I did them correctly . "pop" those hips out.

Anyone familiar with the Scooby calculator? Weightlifting considered light effort or medium effort? That might help me figure out my calories. I can eat anywhere from 1371 or 1545 depending on the "effort." That's a big difference. Plus , the amount of protein projected for my size and 20% calorie reduction is only 72.
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    124 g protein and 1347 cals. Didn't go over carbs or fat either :bigsmile: :drinker:
    Woo hoo! You go girl! I'm so proud of you.
  • girlcalledryan
    girlcalledryan Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Manic, I use scooby;s workshop, and I use the activity guidelines regarding time, not effort. it says light 1-3 hours, moderate 3-5, and heavy is like 6-8. So I adust my weekly calories based on how muc htime I will be spending working out (between runs, NROL4W, and yoga and spinning) I don't take my regular lifestyle activity into account. My job puts me at like 25 hours of light exercise a week, lol.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Pmagnanifit - let me just say "BOOM!" to the pic of you in your avatar!!! That is PURE MUSCLE showing up EVERYWHERE, gf!! Nicely done!
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Lol Beeps, "older" meaning, well into his 60's. Please don't slap me!
    Red, you're making me drool with that double chocolate talk! I haven't had Talenti but heard it's good.
    Pmagnan, your back is looking sick! I love it!!

3/3 lifting sessions done this week :) I'm officially on Stage 4 and kind of kicking myself for not staying on track with it or my diet. Who knows where I could've been at this point. *sigh* No use in those feelings though. Onward and upward!
  • manic4titans
    Options
    Manic, I use scooby;s workshop, and I use the activity guidelines regarding time, not effort. it says light 1-3 hours, moderate 3-5, and heavy is like 6-8. So I adust my weekly calories based on how muc htime I will be spending working out (between runs, NROL4W, and yoga and spinning) I don't take my regular lifestyle activity into account. My job puts me at like 25 hours of light exercise a week, lol.

ah Ok. I wasn't reading it that way. :laugh: Thanks a bunch.

Sam, I am TRYING! Thanks a bunch. It is hard but I am getting accustomed to reaching for protein when I want to snack.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    what protein are you choosing, manic?? Sooooooooooo, for example, with a trapped office-person like myself, what PROTEIN should I be reaching for (right now, it is always protein bar, protein bar, protein bar.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...........)
  • runzalot81
    Options
    I've been feeling so low this week. TOM from hell :devil: I took milk of magnesia last night and that certainly helped move things along :blushing: I took a nap during my lunch time today because I was so tired but now I feel better. Then, I went for a run when I got home.

Beeps, I love jerky. I wish it was cheaper.
  • manic4titans
    Options
    what protein are you choosing, manic?? Sooooooooooo, for example, with a trapped office-person like myself, what PROTEIN should I be reaching for (right now, it is always protein bar, protein bar, protein bar.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...........)

Last night I had 4 oz sliced turkey and 2 slices of cheese = 25 g protein. Do you have a Kroger? I buy Carbmaster yogurt there. 8-9 g protein, 4 g carbs, and 60 calories and I added a little granola for some crunch. tuna, cottage cheese, or the protein bar (but it's too high in calories. Generally, I steer clear of those.)
  • runzalot81
    Options
    What kind of sugar is in Carbmaster? Fake sugar makes me fart :blushing:
  • manic4titans
    Options
    What kind of sugar is in Carbmaster? Fake sugar makes me fart :blushing:

I have 3 different flavors in my fridge. One doesn't have sugar and the other 2 has sucralose.

71 g protein. Not good with the protein today. I had to force myself to eat . I've been so busy today that eating was not a priority. Maybe before bed I an eat a yogurt with granola to help boost the protein and keep me within caloric limits.
  • Pmagnanifit
    Pmagnanifit Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Thanks beeps and will - I was down about my workout

Manic I will watch some videos.

I am tired of protein bars.. Except Oh yeah bars.

My big plan for the weekend is to try and teach my kids some anxiety reducing techniques.
  • runzalot81
    Options
    I feel so much better this morning! And my measurements are down. My tummy is so much happier. I went shopping and bought some new capris, a pair of jeans, and a bathing suit. And a bathrobe and a slip. :drinker: Almost everything I tried on, I had to go back and get a smaller size :heart:

I made a roast with vegetables on Sunday and I'm still eating it. And it's still amazing :drinker: :drinker: