• Amy1542014
    Amy1542014 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Pretty! I love Lovely Lady things!
  • jamaicanlady
    jamaicanlady Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    It WAS a nice compliment, wasn't it?

Re: pictures, I AM due to take pictures this weekend as I'll be finished with BTIII by then. Just 2 more workouts to go. Posting them here is a whole other story though. Not sure I feel comfortable yet. We'll see.

jo, regarding getting the DBs in place, what I do is I sit on the bench with a DB in each hand and rest them on my knees. Then as I lie back, I do a little kick up with my knees to get the DBs up. Have you tried that? If you already do that, then I'm sorry I can't be of more help.

runz, how beautiful! Makes me wish I was attending. And that dress looks GREAT on you. You're gorgeous.
  • rocky503
    rocky503 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to see your pics, bepee!

My tea party. No, I'm not your Grammy :grumble: :laugh:

IMG_4734.jpg

IMG_4735.jpg

IMG_4748.jpg

My dress. I love this dress.
    IMG_4757.jpg

Yeah you definently don't look like my grandma! Very pretty table.
  • DouMc
    DouMc Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    oh i love that dress. very pretty!

I am VERY sore after yesterdays workout. I could feel it from the moment I woke up before I even moved in the bed! ah well, I suppose that shows that i didn't take it easy yesterday!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,957 Member
    Options
    Alright, alright, the tea party looks pleasant....and the dress looks 100% 'summer' to me!

Here is the dress/shoes I bought for express shipping so I can make it to diner en blanc in ALL WHITE:

dinerenblanc_zps733e506f.jpg

The fabric of the dress is actually a weave...so, it isn't eyelet, but it is a fabric/pattern that is not just a plain white...
  • rocky503
    Options
    Beeps you have the proper undergarments to go all white :laugh: Doesn't look like a dress you could with out.:blushing:
  • Ali_momof2
    Ali_momof2 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Runz its all so beautiful & you are gorgeous. I love that dress.

Beeps, your dress is really cute. I wouldn't be able to pull that off, there would definetley be something spilled on me within minutes if putting it on.

And now to share my blonde moments with you...
    I was working out last night & as I got my db ready it occured to me that I didn't say the whole db question right. My db together weighs 40lb, 20lbs on each. Idk where my brain was with that 80lb. I could figure why you guys would think 40lbs would be a lot I'm just starting so I know you are all stronger than me. So I started cracking up at the idea of lifting 40lbs on 1db. So my BF now thinks Im nuts laughing with the weights.
    I did try to pick up his dbs that have 35lbs on them & do a step up, I got half way up & fell off which caused more laughing at myself but hey I picked up 70lbs all together & walked across to the room with it lol. So at least it was a comical workout for me & my bf is just confused by the laughter.
  • DouMc
    DouMc Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    Beeps you have the proper undergarments to go all white :laugh: Doesn't look like a dress you could with out.:blushing:

haha, this is why I don't wear white. :laugh: that and as ali said, it would take about 5 minutes to spill something on myself, i'd probably be dirty before I left the house! :frown:
    I love the shoes!
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options

Beeps, your dress is really cute. I wouldn't be able to pull that off, there would definetley be something spilled on me within minutes if putting it on.

I was working out last night & as I got my db ready it occured to me that I didn't say the whole db question right. My db together weighs 40lb, 20lbs on each. Idk where my brain was with that 80lb. I could figure why you guys would think 40lbs would be a lot I'm just starting so I know you are all stronger than me. So I started cracking up at the idea of lifting 40lbs on 1db. So my BF now thinks Im nuts laughing with the weights.
    I did try to pick up his dbs that have 35lbs on them & do a step up, I got half way up & fell off which caused more laughing at myself but hey I picked up 70lbs all together & walked across to the room with it lol. So at least it was a comical workout for me & my bf is just confused by the laughter.

When you do manage 80lbs you'll totally remember this, hahaha

Re: using my knees to get dumbbells in place - I use an incline bench..... can't imagine this working? Dunno, will think about it next time! xxx
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    I do the knee lift thing too. I can get 30's up by myself, but that's it. I've never gone heavier because that would mean having to speak to someone in the gym, and I tend to avoid that.

Pudding mine are 10 and 7. This is definitely the fun age, and I finally feel comfortable going places and doing things alone with the two of them. Now we are getting into the attitude age. When did "tween" actually become a thing?

The tea party looks beautiful and so do you.

Beeps, I like the white dress though White is not a color allowed in my household. Is the white a requirement for the event?

Kate, good luck with the big girl bar :) You will notice that lifting the bar will feel very different than with the SMith Machine. Word of caution, start with just the bar. Believe it or not the Smith does a lot of the work for you.

I was a good girl and went to zumba last night. I actually had to ring out my tank when I got home. I think I lost four pounds of sweat. The routine wasn't really all the difficult, but man was it hot in there. Sadly, the world's greatest instructor is now a full time Trainer and for some reason they won't let her teach the class any more. :sad: Her apprentice is taking over, so we will continue with the same choreography, but frankly she's not nearly as good at leading. The good instructors are now going to be working out of a small studio in town, but it's like $40 a month and I only do 1-2 classes a week. Pass.

Lastly, I just spent three hours doing a Spring Clean of my dining room, because my husband got a bug in ear about organizing and didn't want to go to the theme park. LAME! Now off for a lifting session.
  • rocky503
    Options
    I promised to make real dinner tonight and play nerf guns with my daughter tonight after work. I want to go a condition class I sorely need. What did I do that!?! Have a good night all. :happy:
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    Got in my lift. Powered through and did my routine in 40 minutes heart hammering the whole time. Tomorrow, Mammogram.
  • redlipsticklyfe
    redlipsticklyfe Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Runz: That tea party looks so wonderful!
    Beeps: Pretty dress! Do you have to wear all white for the even or are you just super chic?

Stage 7 workout 3 today. I only do three rounds because by the fourth I'm usually bored out of my mind. Also I'm only .4 pounds away from my first goal weight! I'M 135.4!!!!!!!!!!!! It's so exciting that I'm almost there. After I hit 135 officially the next goal is 130 or 22-25% body fat. Whichever happens first.
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    runz, so beautiful! You and the tea party! We went to an acquaintance's house last year and the lady had a tea room dedicated to doilies, tea sets, and frilly stuffed animals. My 4 year old daughter played in that room for a full 3 hours giving the animals "tea" and arranging the dishes. Needless to say, grandma bought her a real tea set for Christmas and she loves it.

Sam, yikes! I bet you are worn out. Hope the mammogram isn't bad.

I can get 32.5s up with the knee lift. It's a workout in itself though.

Smith machine: ditto what Sam said.

Did my 2nd A workout in Strong Curves today. I'm really enjoying it. There is an "A", "B", and "C" workout for each stage so it's not monotonous at all. You only do each workout 4 times and then the exercises switch. I think it will keep me motivated for a while. My goal is to be in the 130's by the end of August (so lose about 6-7lbs) OR have a <27" waist by then. Good workouts = good diet = good workouts. The more I enjoy working out, the better I want to eat to fuel those sessions. Today I lifted and ran errands all day and ate fast food for all three meals, but I managed to hit my macro, fiber, most of my micro, and calorie goals.
  • BarbellCowgirl
    Options
    Runz: That tea party looks so wonderful!
    Beeps: Pretty dress! Do you have to wear all white for the even or are you just super chic?

Stage 7 workout 3 today. I only do three rounds because by the fourth I'm usually bored out of my mind. Also I'm only .4 pounds away from my first goal weight! I'M 135.4!!!!!!!!!!!! It's so exciting that I'm almost there. After I hit 135 officially the next goal is 130 or 22-25% body fat. Whichever happens first.

Yay!!!! How awesome! I keep thinking 135 is my final goal before bulking but we will see.
  • BarbellCowgirl
    Options

You will get there some day! I thought I might burst with happiness the first time I used 40lb DBs.
  • BarbellCowgirl
    Options
    Ok, one more thing for those of you who need shorter sessions or are looking at something else to do after NROL. Brett C has a lower body only workout in his book "Strong Curves". It's looks really quick(only about 4 exercises). It includes squats and deadlifts, lunges, etc. It's designed to do 3 X week for 12 weeks, but I'm sure doing it 2 X week with 2X upper body and abs would be fine. I'm considering doing this after I finish the total body program. I think it would cut lifting sessions down to about 30 mins 4X week. Some of the stuff I am reading is indicating a 4 day upper/lower split is actually better for muscle gains/retention, so I doubt decreasing to 2X week would hinder results.
  • Pmagnanifit
    Pmagnanifit Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Sam I think tween starts at ten. Definitely my 11 yo got sassy at 10. She's a girl and I tried to blame in on puberty but you have a boy right???
    So must just be the age

Beeps I like the dress and the shoes

Runza nice table and dress

Bb you are strong I can barely hold 40 lb db- I am pretty interested in strong curves so please keep writing about it. Maybe I'll get the book

I am also thinking about whole 30 - i am tired of all the digestive illness I have had all spring and I was soo tired today I lay down on a yoga mat under my desk for ten minutes
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    My eldest is 10 - and he is very challenging right now! It's exhausting. Kinda glad it's not just me though!!
  • bepeejaye
    bepeejaye Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Runz....you it all looks great - including you! I love High Tea time!!! :drinker:

Bicycling yester was good...I felt that I really used my quads to pump the pedals. Today I have the day off, and running major errands...I hope to have time to lift in the afternoon.

TGIF ladies!!!