Every day chats!

Options

Replies

• aaliceinw
    aaliceinw Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Liz thanks for your everyday happy thoughts and for your kind words. They do make me smile each time :D

I usually weigh myself in officially on a Monday because that is when it is done at Curves. It's supposed to be a weekly thing but ends up being once or twice a month, which I prefer. I really prefer weighing myself on a Friday morning though because that is usually when my weight is at it's lowest for the week. It is silly as you say bit it makes a difference.

EM I am so glad that today is much better for you and sending more hugs to you. So sorry about your loss.

Cindy take it easy as you also said to me. You've had a tough year and emotional stress also breaks down your immune systems. Sleeping is critical for your recovery. Why not make that your only baby step goal next week i.e. 6 hours sleep 5 days in the week. Watch what you eat and get exercise in but don't make them your baby step goals. That is also one of the ways I cope when things are just not moving.

Gosh! I am not sure what is going on but the amount of deaths, heart attacks, car accidents and injuries this month is incredibly high - not just here but elsewhere in my entourage. This really is not the time for us to be pushing ourselves it seems. For those of you who are into astrology both Mercury in retrograde and Uranus doing its thing are not helping the disruptions at the moment.

Keep well and safe my dear friends. :)
  • FindingCindy721
    FindingCindy721 Posts: 834 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Hello My Lovely LOST Ladies~
    I am feeling much better today. I went out and bought a new multi vitamin designed specifically for women and have actually remembered to take it every day like I should for the past 3-4days and I can already feel a difference! As long as I keep feeling this good...hubby and I are planning our first mountain climb on Monday! I am so excited...I love climbing and the views are always so spectacular. I will share pictures if we go!
    em~ I am so sorry for your loss. I am glad you will be looking forward to a nice weekend with family...it's probably just what you need

Liz~ how is your garden coming along? I think of y daily as I've been planning my own new landscaping.

Aalice~ I think you are right...my baby step this coming up week will be to get at least 6 hrs sleep per night. Other than while I've been sick...I can't remember the last time I slept 6 hrs at once.

Jen~ KUDOS to you for maintaining while ....that is a major victory! Give yourself a big hug...and one from me too!

Gotta run for now...when I posted this...half of it disappeared...had to try again! GRRRR
    have a FAB_U_LOSS night my friends!!! Sweet dreams to your all!!!
  • jhaugen445
    jhaugen445 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    On the weigh in question, I have always liked Friday morning too. Not really sure why! ;)

Hugs to all of you! Have a super weekend! :)
  • FindingCindy721
    Options
    Liz~ I started out weighing in on Thursdays ...just because I started out man 1st...which was a Thursday ...but I joined a challenge on here that has us reporting on Mondays for the previous week so I now weigh in on Sunday or Monday depending how hectic things get for me lol
  • mysticlizard
    mysticlizard Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!!! I hope everyone is having an awesome weekend! B) I think I will try to weigh in on Fridays for awhile :)
  • EMCOX5412
    EMCOX5412 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Just wanted say hello. Abd weekend.of earing but I have been working out so it should even out. Just wanted to wish everyone a nice Memorial Day, remeber those that served for us...
  • EMCOX5412
    Options
    That was. A bad weekend of eating.....
  • jhaugen445
    jhaugen445 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm getting tired of being tired. I get exhausted just taking a shower! ;) I'm only allowed to walk short distances and slowly. I'm not to lift anything over 10 pounds. If I do too much, I pay for it the next day. I need to remember that 80% of weight loss is what you eat. I really need to get back to logging my foods. Thanks for letting me vent! What would I do without my L.O.S.T friends?! :)
  • FindingCindy721
    Options
    Hello my lovely LOST Ladies~
    I'm having computer troubles AGAIN! Gonna be taking my lap top back to Best Buy in a little bit. Hope to get it fixed once and for all!!!

Jen~ I can only imagine how frustrating it is healing... But please be kind to yourself.... You will get there! ((((((((BIG HUGS)))))))) coming your way!!!! You don't have to worry about what you'd do without us because we are here for you!

Em~ my weekend eating was not great either! But we have to puck ourselves up...dust ourselves off and make better choices from here!

I hope everyone is having a FAB_U_LOSS weekend...
  • mysticlizard
    Options
    I hope everyone has an awesome week!!! I am sending happy thoughts and positive energy to everyone!!! B)
  • FindingCindy721
    Options
    Good morning My Lovely LOST Ladies~
    Well i took my laptop in yesterday and they are now saying it is NOT the charger...they took the whole comp to be sent out and repaired! UGH! So I am left with only my iPad for a while...which I am not overly fond of...guess we'll get to be better friends!
    I'm thinking of you all...sending hugs and good thoughts for a FAB_U_LOSS week my friends! <3
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    jhaugen445 wrote: »
    I'm getting tired of being tired. I get exhausted just taking a shower! ;) I'm only allowed to walk short distances and slowly. I'm not to lift anything over 10 pounds. If I do too much, I pay for it the next day. I need to remember that 80% of weight loss is what you eat. I really need to get back to logging my foods. Thanks for letting me vent! What would I do without my L.O.S.T friends?! :)

I need to be doing a better job of logging too. As for healing, you may just have to make the best of letting friends and family help you a bit longer. Just remember, that soon you will be back to full steam.
  • barlovo
    barlovo Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hi all, just a quick Tuesday hello. I am having a hard time getting back to my food plan. My eating is all over the map, and each time I feel more and more like, why keep trying? And then I start thinking, since I'm already off-plan, I might as well REALLY go off the rails. Talk about all-or-nothing thinking!

Sometimes I think I have a truly abnormal appetite - I can just eat and eat. It's like I was born without an "off" switch in my gut.

So, I'm just checking in and being honest. I ate two large cheese croissants for breakfast today along with my regular yogurt and fruit. They were really really tasty, but - as always happens when I eat refined carbs - now I just want more. There are some foods that instead of filling me up, make me hungrier - pretty much any refined carb is that way. My nutritionist calls this "carb cycling" - for someone like me who is prediabetic, eating refined carbs can cause a blood sugar spike, and then a blood sugar crash, which stimulates more hunger hormones.

I do not know how many times I need to learn this lesson the hard way! But clearly I am a slow learner.

What works: when I find myself in this situation, eating high-protein, high-fiber, high-fat food seems to help regulate my metabolism. So I am breaking into the afternoon snacks I packed - almonds and cheese sticks and snap peas and sprouted wheat bread - and hope that having a nutritious snack will calm the carb cravings raging in my brain.

Also I am REALLY RESISTING logging my food.

There is probably an emotional component as well. This morning, I am working on writing a talk that I've presenting in a couple of weeks. I get nervous about public speaking and even working on the presentation can jangle my nerves. Also this coming weekend is the public memorial for my nephew, who died a couple of months ago. His parents have asked me to speak at the memorial, and I am really dreading it - I want to honor my nephew's memory, but I get very emotional at funerals and having to speak about his life and death to a large gathering - about 200 people are expected - when I am also grieving - I guess I'm also really nervous about that.

A few years ago a WW leader told me "persistence not perfection." Well, I'm not eating to plan, I'm not logging my food, but at least I'm showing up here! That's one small step - thanks for sharing your stories and experience - reading this blog gives me strength and hope. Big <<<hugs>>> to all of you who are also grieving right now, our sadness honors our loved ones.
  • JMarcella57
    Options
    barlovo wrote: »
    A few years ago a WW leader told me "persistence not perfection." Well, I'm not eating to plan, I'm not logging my food, but at least I'm showing up here! That's one small step - thanks for sharing your stories and experience - reading this blog gives me strength and hope. Big <<<hugs>>> to all of you who are also grieving right now, our sadness honors our loved ones.

Never give up. Never stop trying. Never stop doing what you can. It's a journey. Business, stress and travel are challenging. Take care; you can do this!
  • FindingCindy721
    Options
    Hello My Lovely LOST Ladies~
    Barb~ ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((BIG HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) to you!!!! We are all here to deal with our Demons! I have many of the same ones you mentioned! My eating has been terrible lately and I too have stopped logging! I KNOW I need to get back in to my better habits and I am struggling with myself! Thank you for sharing your struggles...I'm sorry you are having a tough time but I feel less alone!

Many Hugs to all my lovely LOST Ladies!!! I miss you! I am trying to get back into my positive frame of mind! I hope you all are having a FAB_U_LOSS week!! <3
  • JMarcella57
    edited May 2015
    Options
    My eating has been terrible lately and I too have stopped logging! I KNOW I need to get back in to my better habits and I am struggling with myself!

I logged today (for the entire day) for the first time in almost 3 weeks. I'm shocked that it had been that long since I had completed a full day. Cindy, I too, "must get back to my better habits." Guess this was day 1. We shall see if I can make tomorrow day 2. :)
  • EMCOX5412
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

Barb, I can tell you that when I am not tracking what I eat, I never get a sensation of being full, I can eat the whole pizza and think nothing of it and then go in for ice cream right after. Most people don't believe it when I say I never get full nor do I actually get hungry. But when I am eating properly I do get hunger pains, I don't get full, I just have to know that what I am eating is enough. It's weird but it's ok too been like that my whole life...

Sorry to hear about the memorial, I just attended my sister-in-laws mom's funeral yesterday and it reminded me of when her dad passed away and I was asked to read the eulogy (at least I didn't have to write it too), and how nerve wracking that was and yes how emotional I was already and still had to do this. Take a deep breath and remember your nephew is smiling down at you and all your family and that it doesn't matter if you stumble of stop for a moment, everyone is feeling the same way you are.

Have a great day everyone and get back to logging.. LOL

• FindingCindy721
    Options
    Happy Friday My Lovely LOST Ladies!

Julia~ Thanks for being my inspiration today! Your day two will be my day ONE...I KNOW I CAN do this...I just need to get it done!! :)

Em~ Sorry for your loss! I hope you are taking care of yourself and getting to enjoy some of this beautiful weather we are finally getting here!

WHERE IS EVERYONE this week??? It's feeling a little lonely in here!!! Missing you...Liz...Megan...aalice....Noodle...Karen...Jen...MdwstQT.....
    I'm sending you all (((((((((((((((((BIG HUGS))))))))))))))))))) and happy thoughts! <3
  • mysticlizard
    Options
    Good Morning everyone!!! Happy Friday. I hope everyone is ready for an amazing, peaceful, or whatever type of weekend you are looking forward to.

Here it is the last day of school for the girls. Billie (the baby turned 15 last Friday) is having a birthday/end of year party with five girls tonight. They are going to have a fire in the fire pit (weather permitting), burn school papers, and cook hot dogs and somores. I am not sure what the rest of our weekend holds.

Have an awesome weekend ladies!!! B)
  • MdwstQT
    MdwstQT Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I hope everyone is doing well, I've been MIA for sometime now. Life consumed me and I fell back on old habits.

Light is shining through and I'm ready to get back on the saddle. I've missed soooo much, I'm going to try to catch up.