NSV's

Options

Replies

• Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    My hair and nails are noticeably healthier. And my cystic acne completely cleared up all on its own.
  • danidanibobani
    danidanibobani Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    While this woe hasn't taken the migraines away, like I had hoped, got a mild one today, it did keep me from having a salty carb binge afterwards. I didn't even realize until an hour ago that I completely bypassed the post migraine binge.
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    Here's another one I forgot to mention (and log): I had a "binge" on peanut butter filled chocolate chips the other day while making chocolate chip pancakes for my girls. That "binge" consisted of 10-12 chocolate chips. I'm calling it a binge because I caught myself just going for it, but I caught myself and stopped myself! That's a NSV right there!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Muffin top is visibly shrinking! Still have some to go, but the bulge around the side is definitely smaller. Belly fat is my trouble spot. Also my arms definitely have less fat, I can see the muscle definition visibly now. Number on the scale, only down 9-10 pounds, but I don't really care about that as long as the fat seems to be moving.

I'm quite amazed that this has only taken 4 weeks on LC, where before I had been struggling hard to fight the flow of fat to my mid-section. It seemed so impossible.
  • Fvaisey
    Fvaisey Posts: 5,506 Member
    Options
    Went for a long overdue physical today and my doc was pleased with my blood work, had no concerns about my health and didn't blink an eye when I mentioned I was on a low-carb diet. No warnings, admonitions or concerns. If I didn't have to schedule a colonoscopy it would have been the best doctor visit ever...
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Fvaisey wrote: »
    Went for a long overdue physical today and my doc was pleased with my blood work, had no concerns about my health and didn't blink an eye when I mentioned I was on a low-carb diet. No warnings, admonitions or concerns. If I didn't have to schedule a colonoscopy it would have been the best doctor visit ever...
    Argh. I've had quite a few colonoscopies in my wife because mY younger sister had bowel cancer in her twenties. Last time I did it without sedation just gas and air. It was uncomfortable but OK, but the worst thing was the trapped wind afterwards! I don't know why I'm telling you this, just a weird compulsion....sorry.
  • Fvaisey
    Fvaisey Posts: 5,506 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Argh. I've had quite a few colonoscopies in my wife because mY younger sister had bowel cancer in her twenties. Last time I did it without sedation just gas and air. It was uncomfortable but OK, but the worst thing was the trapped wind afterwards! I don't know why I'm telling you this, just a weird compulsion....sorry.
    in my wife.... lolol

I think since this is my first, also excuse me if this is tmi, I'll take the valium...
  • totaloblivia
    Options
    Not in my wife! My life...bother mobile telephony.
  • totaloblivia
    Options
    in my wife.... lolol

I think since this is my first, also excuse me if this is tmi, I'll take the valium...

Good call...wake up when it's all over. Hope it goes well.

• KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    @Fvaisey, Yes, use the sedation! I used to be the nurse who gave the sedation at Kessler Air Force base medical center in Biloxi, Mississippi. It can become uncomfortable without it. Also (and this goes for everyone) don't try to hold the gas in afterwards while trying to be polite. Let er rip, so to speak. Holding it in only leads to more cramping and it makes a nurse happy to know that it's passing too! I used to beg people to just let it out and when they did they felt so much better. Plus, there isn't much of an odor since it wasn't produced by your body, it's just left over from the procedure. Class dismissed, lol!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I don't remember if I posted this, but I know others have. Sliding into booths at any old restaurant. There used to be some I could slide into easily, and others I was uncomfortable the entire time, but now, with all of them I have been in lately, I have room for comfort AND room to spare! It was shocking.
  • wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    And now for something completely different. I run several times a week as my main exercise. My 12-year-old daughter is out of school for the summer, so I started taking her with me. Just getting her out of bed for a run is a minor victory right there. :)

She's visiting her cousins out of state this week. She texted me a couple times to let me know she went for a run. I didn't even need to prod her. I consider that a huge victory for both of us. :)
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    wabmester wrote: »
    And now for something completely different. I run several times a week as my main exercise. My 12-year-old daughter is out of school for the summer, so I started taking her with me. Just getting her out of bed for a run is a minor victory right there. :)

She's visiting her cousins out of state this week. She texted me a couple times to let me know she went for a run. I didn't even need to prod her. I consider that a huge victory for both of us. :)

That is pretty awesome!!!
  • parkdad73
    parkdad73 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    A couple of years ago we had a truckload of mulch that I needed to spread around. I was only able to do 10-15 wheelbarrow full per day over 10 days. We had another truckload dumped today and I was able to spread it all out one ONE day. While fasting!
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    I actually was glad the other day that my shrinking had slowed because I can't afford to buy any smaller clothes right now! LOL

This is so true

I have to replace everything. Underwear shoes all clothes

It is expensive but today I found a 70%!off sale and got work pants for $5 or so per pair of pants!

• Sajyana
    Sajyana Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I can wear my wedding ring again. I tried it on yesterday and it fit. <3

I've had a really, really stressful week fighting with the health "care" system. Over things that just should not occur but did. It's been an ongoing, slow motion train wreck. I haven't, not once, craved sweets. Not even chocolate. B)
  • Jbarnes1210
    Jbarnes1210 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    No more cankles !!!! I can see a difference between my ankles and calves.....
  • emmaps55
    emmaps55 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I went down a shoe size -- back to my old 7.5! That really surprised me!

Also, every year I sit on the bench at the 8th tee in our little Vermont golf course and look at my thighs -- this year there's a lot less to look at!
  • mlinton_mesapark
    mlinton_mesapark Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Mami1976D wrote: »
    I had to hem up three pairs of size 16 slacks that have been sitting in my closet for 4 years with the tags on them!!

Funny, today I put on a pair of XL black stretch pants that have always fit snugly. They were roomier in the waist, which is great, but more of a surprise--they got longer on me. I guess I'm losing fat off my legs if that's the case!
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    The rash I get on my arm every summer disappeared. I forgot it was even a thing and just realized it today! Before beginning this WOE a few weeks ago, it was making its way to full swing