NSV's

Options

Replies

• DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    Mami1976D wrote: »
    I had to hem up three pairs of size 16 slacks that have been sitting in my closet for 4 years with the tags on them!!

Funny, today I put on a pair of XL black stretch pants that have always fit snugly. They were roomier in the waist, which is great, but more of a surprise--they got longer on me. I guess I'm losing fat off my legs if that's the case!

Haha, yes, that's happening to me too! Pants I've been wearing all along are now too long because they hang straight(er) down instead of having to go out and over my fat thighs first. :)
  • SkinnyKerinny
    SkinnyKerinny Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I feel a kind of "slow burn" energy now although it's been less than a week. The hypothyroid always felt like I was wading through molasses. The molasses seems to be getting a little thinner and more liquid rather than thick goo. In addition to the one hour walk yesterday I was able to do 100 (modified/no impact) jumping jacks and 100 squats. It felt SO GOOD to get some extra exercise in instead of just thinking about doing it. I'm very happy and optimistic that this is finally the solution.

My goal for today is to repeat what I did yesterday and add 100 modified burpees. I spread these out into four sessions throughout the day because right now I don't have the stamina to do it in one session.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Today, being able to put on clothes fresh out of the drier. Completely dried clothes. Can't even tell you how many years I would let things "hang dry" for the obvious reasons.
  • emmaps55
    emmaps55 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    @KnitOrMiss I know exactly what you mean! I have clothes I dry and clothes I don't -- one of my favorite shirts shrank a few years back and I am just now able to wear it again. Isn't it amazing how seemingly "small" NSVs like this/what you said really are such BIG things in our lives? Big, true, worthy of celebration!
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,058 Member
    Options
    Sometimes these days I purposely put clothes in the dryer to try to shrink them to my new smaller size.
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    Kitnthecat wrote: »
    Sometimes these days I purposely put clothes in the dryer to try to shrink them to my new smaller size.

Ditto. I have started washing my clothes in warm water and drying them on high heat--unheard of before. LOL
  • TBeverly49
    TBeverly49 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I feel dumb. But what is NSV?
  • parkdad73
    parkdad73 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Batlady49 wrote: »

Non Scale Victory. They are those moments when you get a glimpse of how great you are doing (usually body size or health related) even though you might not be seeing progress on the scale.

I find they tend to happen just when you need them to. They help encourage you to keep on because progress is being made.
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Batlady49 wrote: »

A non scale victory. Not seeing a number on the scale, but for example, your clothes being looser.

• bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    As of last week I started doing hot yoga in just yoga pants and a sports bra.... It's not that I don't still have a Buddha belly, it's just that I don't really care!

Feels good not to have a bulky t-shirt soaking up sweat and flopping around in my face!!!
  • wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Last month I visited my sister and brother-in-law. He's a chemistry prof, so of course we discussed a little ketone chemistry. Anyway, he was mildly entertained but ultimately dismissed ketosis as a fad.

NSV: I just got an email from him asking for a good book on ketosis. :)
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    Ha!

That is awesome!
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    At our church picnic today (4th of July), I played a full game of volleyball. First time in at least 13 years. Yes, I was tired and I only played one game. Church members were commenting: "I can't believe this is happening, is that Dan???" :)

Dan the Man from Michigan
    Keto / IF / Sedentary

How I got Off of Diabetic Prescriptions Drugs Since I Started Keto Updated
    Blog #10 Keto: Abbreviations, Acronyms & Terminology Used on the LCD & Keto Discussion Groups Updated

• Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    I don't have to unzip my jeans to take them off :) Time to find a belt or take them in a bit!
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    I got a couple spandex bicycle tops

L actually fit!

Still some tummy but spandex keeps it real for sure!
  • sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I bought a size small top, a couple size medium shorts and a pair of small shorts yesterday. They all fit! I've literally never been a size small shirt or medium bottom in adult clothes. My junior high black jeans also started needing a belt this weekend.
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    The pants I could barely get into or zip up this time last year now require a belt to stay up!
  • DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    I just had my "wellness" screening for my employee sponsored health insurance. While my weight is higher now then I want, my bp was 110/80 and my oxygen was 69. She said that was healthy. Then my Total cholesterol was 233, which is a little high she said, however my HDL was 98. My TC/HDL ratio is 2.4 and the nurse said while 'normal' is 5.0, the insurance company wants it 3.5 or lower, so said I was in good standing. All these numbers are greek to me, and when I see others posting these numbers I usually have a hard time grasping them, but I think she explained it well and some of what I've read here in these posts has helped me to understand it more as well. My glucose was also 80, well bellow normal (especially for non-fasting).
  • KaseyDH83
    KaseyDH83 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    This morning, while getting ready for work, I noticed I had gone down another notch on my belt!
  • wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    I don't like buying new clothes. But my old stuff is getting a little TOO lose. So I went from an XL to a L t-shirt. Hmm, still kinda loose. My wife got me a M t-shift, and I was expecting it to be too tight. Perfect! I'm now a medium. :)