NSV's

Options

Replies

• DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    I saw shadows under my cheekbones in the mirror this morning! Without sucking my cheeks in, LOL.
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Karlottap wrote: »
    Clothes shopping, in an actual store (instead of my closet) yesterday. Tops are now size L. I've never been smaller than XL in my adult life!!!

I have not dropped any new weight since June 1st (yes you read that right) but I am shrinking and feel fabulous! THATS WHAT MATTERS MORE THAN ANYTHING ELSE!! I'm sooooo glad I've stuck with it!

@Karlottap a good feeling - your persistence is paying off. The health is the best benefit of all, of course.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Thank you @totaloblivia!!
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    My mom has started picking on my dad for his high-carb ways. :D

And the knee-high socks I wore yesterday had a much skinnier octopus on them than I remember ;)
  • ceciliaslater
    ceciliaslater Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    glossbones wrote: »

And the knee-high socks I wore yesterday had a much skinnier octopus on them than I remember ;)

I'm so envious of this. I keep hoping that my calves will shrink at least a little as my weight goes down. I have abnormally large calf muscles, but there is some fat on them still, so there's a glimmer of hope. I'm only about 5lbs over my normal BMI range (I'm 5'4 and 151lb at the moment), but my calves are over 16" in circumference. Forget wearing tall boots--most tall socks are even too small to fit over my giant calves!
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options

Forgive my ignorance, but what is an "octopus" on your legs? :(

Dan the Man from Michigan
    Keto / The Recipe Water Fasting / E.A.S.Y. Exercise Program
    Current weight: 194.9, 119 pounds down, 16 to go. 13.75 months on diet
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options

I'm so envious of this. I keep hoping that my calves will shrink at least a little as my weight goes down. I have abnormally large calf muscles, but there is some fat on them still, so there's a glimmer of hope. I'm only about 5lbs over my normal BMI range (I'm 5'4 and 151lb at the moment), but my calves are over 16" in circumference. Forget wearing tall boots--most tall socks are even too small to fit over my giant calves!

I have giant calves too. My weight is most stubborn there. I like to tell myself it's where my body stashed fat where it will do least harm to my health... but I wish I could wear boots too!
  • robosphere
    robosphere Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I ate NO candy while out Trick or Treating last night. Also, while the kids were sleeping, the Switch Witch came in the night, and the lion's share of their candy has been exchanged for a toy each. The candy is currently en route to an undisclosed location.

Bring on Thanksgiving!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    robosphere wrote: »
    I ate NO candy while out Trick or Treating last night. Also, while the kids were sleeping, the Switch Witch came in the night, and the lion's share of their candy has been exchanged for a toy each. The candy is currently en route to an undisclosed location.

Bring on Thanksgiving!

Great job! Halloween will be a real test for me too. But I know I can resist! I actually never crave my former nemesis anymore but I'm worried if I see those tiny little packages that I might be tempted to think of it as nothing since it's so small or smell it as the kids eat some... I guess I'm not as worried as I am just curious if it will go as easily as I think it will.
  • KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,966 Member
    Options
    Time to buy new gym shorts again!

>:) OR o:)
  • robosphere
    robosphere Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Time to buy new gym shorts again!

>:) OR o:)

Ha! That's great. I've found this WOE pretty inexpensive so far. By the end of November, I should be at the point where my clothes are starting to get baggy, though. That's where it'll become a little more pricey.
  • bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Yaaaaay! My jeans are almost too loose to keep wearing..... Boooooo! Now I have to buy new jeans. :grimace:
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I just realized that I no longer have to have a beach towel to wrap around my body (fully)!!! I can use a normal length towel. Yay!

Dan the Man from Michigan
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    bluefish86 wrote: »
    Yaaaaay! My jeans are almost too loose to keep wearing..... Boooooo! Now I have to buy new jeans. :grimace:

Try washing and drying them on the hottest settings. I've managed to shrink my current rotation a few times to keep them in circulation.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Yay! Congrats everyone. :)
    robosphere wrote: »

Bring on Thanksgiving!

You guys trick or treat early? Everyone up here (Alberta, Canada) trick or treats only on Oct 31st.

Good job on avoiding the candy! We're planning on getting rid of our candy for a game too.
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    bluefish86 wrote: »

Try washing and drying them on the hottest settings. I've managed to shrink my current rotation a few times to keep them in circulation.

I find I wash my jeans more often because they get baggy after a couple of days. After a wash and dry, they fit better again.

My NSV is a pair of size 8 jeans I recently fit into. I bought them in the summer of 2010 when I lost weight, but I didn't keep it off longer than a heart beat so I never got to wear them. :). They are a bit tight, and I am sure they are vanity sized, but still.... I'm happy.
  • petunia773
    petunia773 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Got the following in an email this morning from a friend/co-worker: "OM Gosh!!! Saw you walking in today…your britches are going to fall off!!!  Still eating low carbs? Tell me how to start…." It's my first NSV since starting this WOE. Happy day!
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,060 Member
    Options
    I'm in Canada but we have already dressed up all week at work for Hallowe'en. I guess my NSV is that I had the confidence to get out of my comfort zone and join in, at first for our Hallowe'en day and today for our 50's day. I still have weight I want to lose, but I find that I am way less self conscious having lost 63 pounds since last fall.y7c5a6q1korh.jpeg
    9d40jq5wxdeo.jpeg
  • Lillith32
    Lillith32 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    @Kitnthecat , you look wonderful.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Lillith32 wrote: »
    @Kitnthecat , you look wonderful.

Agreed! That is a whole lot of awesome right there. :)
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    @Kitnthecat you do look great!!