NSV's

Options

Replies

• ckeiling
    ckeiling Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am new here, but I wanted to share my biggest NSV- after only 6 weeks I have been able to reduce my diabetes medication by 75%. I was taking 4 insulin shots daily and 2 pills. Now I only have one shot and one pill. And I feel great! I am enjoying the food I eat so much more now that I am putting some effort into preparing it. My hubby is eating low carb too and it is fun doing it together :smiley:
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Yay @ckeiling,
    Wonderful progress on your medication! Congratulations on getting your husband on board too! This is the best food of any woe I've ever tried! Keep on keeping on! :smiley:

@Kitnthecat! You look fantastic!

@DittoDan, it's those little things that mean the world! The towel is a huge accomplishment! Congratulations!

You are all amazing!!
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,060 Member
    Options
    Thanks @Lillith, @Knit and @Karla ! Yesterday was pajama day at work and I wore my daughter's size medium pink flannel pajamas to work, bizarre ! I would never have done something like that when I was larger.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    ckeiling wrote: »
    I am new here, but I wanted to share my biggest NSV- after only 6 weeks I have been able to reduce my diabetes medication by 75%. I was taking 4 insulin shots daily and 2 pills. Now I only have one shot and one pill. And I feel great! I am enjoying the food I eat so much more now that I am putting some effort into preparing it. My hubby is eating low carb too and it is fun doing it together :smiley:

Wow! Very impressive! Your doctor must have been gobsmacked.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I'm loving all these newest NSV's! Keep up the great low carbing everyone! :)
  • robosphere
    robosphere Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Went down to the basement and lifted weights for the first time in 1 1/2 months, and have carved out time to do it again tomorrow.
  • Standsfast
    Standsfast Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Bought new jeans yesterday, one size down. Found out I skipped a size...had to return them for the next smaller size :)
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I went to a haunted house last night and it was cold outside. I was able to wear a pair of fleece lined leggings under the new jeans I just bought in September because they are already getting loose!
  • TBeverly49
    TBeverly49 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Good evening.
    Robosphere: Great job. Keep it up! I got my low impact aerobics last night. I am going to do 30 minutes tonight.
    Terrierfriend: Isn't that exciting? I think a lot of us are use to getting clothing and taking it home to try it on, because we were to embarrassed to do it at the store! I also dreaded returning them. I would never say because they didn't fit!
    SunnyBunny. Terrific! That was double padding and they were loose? Great job!
  • RebeccaMaunder
    RebeccaMaunder Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    My nsv for this week I think is going to be not eating anything bad during Halloween. I am shocked and amazed by this.
  • robosphere
    robosphere Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Rebecca, isn't that a great feeling? So nice to not be a slave to crappy food!
  • KarlaYP
    Options
    The NSVs from this woe are unlimited, surprising, yet wonderful!!
  • Lillith32
    Lillith32 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I am wearing pants right now I couldn't zip up a month ago. They are comfortable and not biting into my skin at the waist. Hope to be able to take them off without unbuttoning them in another month (and then I get to clothes-shop in January).
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Lost 12lbs over 6 weeks, but 2.5 sizes and 13 inches from my torso and hips. I wore a 20 loosely and I'm now into a 14. Recomp is cool.

Staying mostly within the lifestyle while working every day next to The Carb Table From Hades is maybe the biggest NSV. I made it through a deployment without totally losing it.

I got a haircut... a short one. I love short hair, but I always thought I was too fat for short hair. So I let it be long, pulled it back, and ignored it. But I got a haircut Sunday and I look good. I have cheekbones! Kinda nice ones, actually.

Also, I changed my user name, because "2poufs" just isn't accurate anymore. I'm not a pouf and hubby has lost 22lbs on LCHF and he's less of a pouf too! So I'm using my callsign and he's using his too. We're in this together from now on.
  • NewSue52
    NewSue52 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    My size 10 jeans can be removed without opening the zipper. Size 8's are just about right although they seem to be loose in places too. Down to a Medium leggings from XL. Life is good
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    NewSue52 wrote: »
    My size 10 jeans can be removed without opening the zipper. Size 8's are just about right although they seem to be loose in places too. Down to a Medium leggings from XL. Life is good

So awesome! You're talking about my future. So encouraging!
  • Fvaisey
    Fvaisey Posts: 5,506 Member
    Options
    This is the first thread I look for in this group. So happy for and proud of each of you. My NSV may not sound like much but over the last 2 months stress has been rampant at work and in my personal life. However, even though I have some BAD days I've been able to maintain my weight and am still feeling the benefits as long as I stick to my macros on average. I have confidence that I'll be able to make it to my goal now that life is a little more mellow (Down 40lbs and 15 more to go.)

Thank you all for sharing!
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Two people today whom I haven't seen in a while, commented that I looked good and asked me if I was doing anything different with my hair.

Nope, it's not the hair. LOL.
  • sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I got a date, and don't feel self conscious of my figure!
  • KarlaYP
    Options
    After ten years of being unable to work due to physical limitations and chronic pain (I'm an RN), I AM GOING BACK TO WORK!!! I feel too good to continue staying home! I've wished every day for the ability to return to work, but had accepted that it would probably never happen! Now it has!!