Easter Misfit Losers' chatting station

Options

Replies

• janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Glad you liked the tree, its the first time that I did it in those colors.
    Shirley-I hope you get rid of your cold soon, its that time of year, I dread getting sick, my daughters boyfriend is sick with something since Friday, he got sick puking on the way to work and turned around and went home.
    Nancy- I know you must be stressed with your husband being ill, its hard to not go back to our old habit of feeding stress. My prayers are with you and your husband.
    Marie-So glad you are keeping warm and can spend another Christmas with your family, hopefully many more. Janice
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Today was a very long day for me. I have only had 8 hours of sleep since Friday morning. I woke up feeling like crap. My choice was to either swim and throw up from exhaustion or go home after dropping the kids at school and sleep...........yep...........I went home and slept. I woke up at 12:30. I picked up Iris from school moved 4 outdoor heaters that I moved Friday morning went to Walmart for a few things. Then I came home and made eggs and spuds for dinner. I am planning on hitting the hay EARLY tonight. Both girls are in bed early tonight too.

Esther
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Good morning, losers! Happy Tuesday!

Ruthie..ditto what Janice said. It's not worth the aggravation; we are too old for high school games.

Janice..I love your tree!

Marie..so glad you are happy with your new heat system.

Nancy..you and yours are in my thoughts and prayers.

Despite what comes our way, we must be strong. Our health depends on it! I am so ready to throw in the towel on this house...not because I don't want it but because my hubs is making me crazy worrying and complaining about everything. There is not a day that goes by that I don't want to eat something because I want to be soothed with food! I make myself busy with packing and purging all the while drinking a ton of water and tea.

Not much going on today..just want to say sane!
  • JLoRuthie
    JLoRuthie Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I avoided eating to soothe so that's a win! And I didn't take it on my family so win win. And I thank each of you for reading and providing encouragement. You guys saved me from eating my feelings away.

The sun is shining with warm temps all week so I plan on enjoying it. I will work in the yard this afternoon and play some basketball with my kids too.

Nancy I am so sorry you have the health stress with your husband. I hope everything works out.

Janice, I'm glad to hear your sister is doing better. Funny that mfp took out your word!

Marie I am thankful that you are warm. I don't like to be cold, especially in my own house.

Connie, I pray you and hubs can get to the end of house building and still like each other. I would love to have a custom built home but I think the process would do me in. I know you will be glad to be on the other side.

Mindful eating is my chant today.
    Ruthie
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Enjoy reading all of your posts.
    <3 Marie
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Isaac at grandma's house.
    fhi6xmibxhrw.jpg

Shirley
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Shirley-Isaac is such a cutie, love the antlers. He is getting big, it seems like he was just born. Janice
  • cristina0000
    cristina0000 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Good morning all!!

Well I'm in Seattle WA on business travel. Even though it's beautiful here the weather is horrible! I'm glad I'm only here for a week.

Well I managed to get up super early and work out, mostly because my body clock is on east coast time, I'm maintaining a new normal weight these days which is still 30 lbs lighter than I was this time last year! Im hoping to break free soon though and loose 20 more lbs to get to my goal weight.

I hope everyone is doing well
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    hi everyone,

i know i have been checked out for a bit!! had a really busy week/weekend!! very big celebration:) all was great!! right back at it!! leaving for mexico a week from sunday for 12 days. can't wait, always great!!

hope everyone is hanging in there during the holiday season!!

stephanie
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    Good morning, misfit losers! Happy Wednesday!

Cristina..good to see you again!
    Shirley.. Issac is adorable!
    Ruthie..mindful eating is my chant, too!
    Marie..hope you are warm enough now.
    Nancy..hope we hear from you today and that your hubs is feeling better.

I've been to the gym for training and will go run errands. Gonna order a pre-cooked turkey from Publix. I can do the rest but just don't want to be bothered with cooking the bird. It's a gorgeous, warm day so I want to stay busy!

Stay strong, losers!

Connie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Just got back from the doctor. i am in fine shape even lost 4 lbs. by her scales this past 2 week.Sodium good Kikneys good Good weight lost Don't go back till Febuary/
    Now i can get off my pity pot.
    <3 Marie
  • JLoRuthie
    JLoRuthie Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Great news, Marie! I myself have been in a pitty pot but for no good reason. Time to get off of it for me!!

Connie is that turkey for Christmas? We like to eat turkey for Christmas too but Trader Joes doesn't carry them at Christmas because their warehouse is up north and they said up north, turkey is not eaten in Christmas. I will check out publix.

Mindful eating!
    Ruthie
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    Marie..so happy you had a good report from the doc. No more pity pot parties for us! Okay? We are truly blessed and everything can be so much worse.

Ruthie..I did not do a turkey for Thanksgiving..we had BBQed baby back ribs. So I hubs and I decided we would have turkey for Christmas. I ended up ordering the entire meal..dressing, potatoes, gravy, cranberries, and some sort of fruit dessert. I will do the veggies.

Stay strong and off the pity pot!
    Connie
  • CALIECAT
    edited December 2015
    Options
    connie I went that route years ago.. I was terrible disappointed. I pick it up and it was all frozen . i was expecting it all to be freshly baked. dumb me. I had to thraw it out and re warms it up.. Since my girls have taken over the cooking those days are over for me. Kathy has learn to make dressing like mine and the texas Sheet cake. No need for me to do it anymore. I do like homemade dressing.

Ruthie I have change my way of eating Instead of mindful eating its Moderation includes water too. My doctor told me to drink water in moderations and all these years i been told to drink more water well i did and it just move all of my sodium out and I had a serious low sodium spell. Now I keep a bottle of water by my side and sip on it all day. i try to get 40 oz. a day. But no more than that. our fruit has lots of water and so do some of our food. i was drinking 8 /20 oz bottle off water Way to much for my sustem
    Marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    cristina so good to hear from you. We have not forgoten you. you have done well on your weight lost. I just lost 11.5 for the year.But that is 11.5 I don't have to losse this year. So lets all get off of our pity party and lose more this coming year. Every pound is a pluse for us misfits

Marie
  • lovesretirement
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Good morning, losers! Happy Thursday!

Marie...that will be our new thing for the new year...no more sitting on the pity pot!
    Going to walk the dog then take him to be groomed.

Connie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    That sounds great Connie I will definite try to control my pitiless much better than i have in the past.
    Lets make this a happy place to come to
    I have one more phone call to my doctor . to get them to send in a prescription for my high dose of Vitamin D. she told us yesterday we could get it over the counter but in smaller dose we bought some but i like the superscription one better So need to get that taken care of . then I will be all set. Do need to find a month supply of pill box. Alice said she thinks they are available.

Jerry is off to his va appt. this morning. He will be gone the biggest part of the morning. he was so cute this morning in his dress up jeans and red shirt.. He loves to wear his old ragged jeans here at home . Me i love to wear my grown and robe all day here at home.

i have my meals plans work out today.
    I have change to eating a high fiber instant oatmeal I think around 10 fiber per serving and easy to prepare
    Got a bowl of Lima beans soup out for lunch
    dinner will be most likely pinto beans and cabbage. canned cabbage and canned beans
    I found that eating hig fiber control my blood sugar much better.

• slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    good morning ladies,

renewing my commitment! I feel like I have been so busy I haven't been posting and accurately logging, need to get back to it!! I also need to clean out the extra fridge as I have tons of sweets left over from the celebration. I keep going in and taking a "piece". many parts add up to a whole and I can see it on the scale, yikes!! hope everyone is well!!
    What is with the margins on the posts, they are really WIDE:)

Stephanie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I had to change over to Chrome. seems like whenever anyone post a picture on internet explorer it makes the picture way to big and the sentence to spread out. on chrome i do not have that problems Steps

Marie

• lovesretirement
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Marie..try a tablespoon of ground flaxseed in your oatmeal, smoothie, or on any food for fiber. Worked for me when I was eating oatmeal. Now I sprinkle a little on salad. I find I don't need it as much since I eat more fat and took away the starchy carbs.

Connie