Replies

• BBee5064
    BBee5064 Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    Today im sticking with clean eating. plenty of water & 10k steps
  • SuzyH
    SuzyH Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Staying within my caloric range with snacks being "clean" (I can be very creative in the not-so-good way!).
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Well, funny story.

On my way to my Private pilates session with Kymberly on Monday night, I walked down the stairs to the gym, and on the way I see a woman crouching on the landing. I think to myself, she didn't just fall down the stairs, did she ....

And the next thing I know, I'm on the landing with her! And then, someone else falls! I guess it wasn't properly lit or something?

Anyway, I hobble into the gym, request an ice pack, and 2 of my favorite teachers happen to walk by, and sit with me, while I compose myself.

I decide to just go home and then I took the next day off of work to rest.

Wednesday morning, I go to work and to my podiatrist.

I broke my ankle - badly - in 3 places. I've got a cast, a boot, and had to cancel the physical therapy for my back. Oh, and I have to learn how to walk with a cane!

He won't say how long it will take to heal but a few friends were in their boot FOR THREE MONTHS.

So, I froze my gym membership - they did that without charge since I got hurt outside their premises.

And I guess I won't have anything interesting to say here for a while !!!

• evinston
    evinston Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Well, funny story.

On my way to my Private pilates session with Kymberly on Monday night, I walked down the stairs to the gym, and on the way I see a woman crouching on the landing. I think to myself, she didn't just fall down the stairs, did she ....

And the next thing I know, I'm on the landing with her! And then, someone else falls! I guess it wasn't properly lit or something?

Anyway, I hobble into the gym, request an ice pack, and 2 of my favorite teachers happen to walk by, and sit with me, while I compose myself.

I broke my ankle - badly - in 3 places. I've got a cast, a boot, and had to cancel the physical therapy for my back. Oh, and I have to learn how to walk with a cane!

He won't say how long it will take to heal but a few friends were in their boot FOR THREE MONTHS.

So, I froze my gym membership - they did that without charge since I got hurt outside their premises.

Oh no!!! I wish for you a speedy healing! Well, you will certainly be working on your upper body strength during your recovery. ;)

• marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,207 Member
    Options
    That is not funny, that is awful. I am so sorry. Speedy recovery!
  • Mccmack
    Mccmack Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your ankle. I hope you are able to heal quickly.
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 12,963 Member
    Options
    My goodness! Best wishes for a speedy recovery!! I've broken an ankle and it isn't fun to say the least.

What was on the stairs that was causing the issue??
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    Well, funny story.

Oh no, I'm so sorry. Wishing you a speedy recovery! It sounds like they need to do something about those stairs. Hang in there and please check in here so we know how you're doing!!!
  • E_Brault
    E_Brault Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I took my vitamins for today! Anemia runs in my family, so I really need Iron. If I take nothing else, I need Biotin. My hair is falling out. Before anyone beats me up for not having a good diet, I already know that and am doing my best. Any words of encouragement are welcome. If I anger you, please know I anger myself for gaining 80 pounds in the past 10 years.
  • UncleMac
    Options
    E_Brault wrote: »
    I took my vitamins for today! Anemia runs in my family, so I really need Iron. If I take nothing else, I need Biotin. My hair is falling out. Before anyone beats me up for not having a good diet, I already know that and am doing my best. Any words of encouragement are welcome. If I anger you, please know I anger myself for gaining 80 pounds in the past 10 years.
    Self-care should be a priority for each of us. It's amazing how many of us stumble over something as simple as the daily need to take supplements... yet, in the long term, we see the impact on our bodies...

Strangely, rather than needing iron, I have more than I need... I'm not quite to the level of hemochromatosis and the solution is an easy one; donating blood.
  • marekdds
    Options
    We seem to have time for everyone, except ourselves. I have to keep telling myself, if I don't take care of me, I won't be around to take care of them. My goal for today is wrap gifts. I love everything about the holidays, but wrapping is my least favorite.
  • nikkib0103
    nikkib0103 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    @MostlyWater I am so sorry! Wow! I hope you heal quickly and completely. That is just awful!
  • Farback
    Farback Posts: 1,068 Member
    Options
    UncleMac wrote: »
    E_Brault wrote: »
    Self-care should be a priority for each of us. It's amazing how many of us stumble over something as simple as the daily need to take supplements... yet, in the long term, we see the impact on our bodies...

Strangely, rather than needing iron, I have more than I need... I'm not quite to the level of hemochromatosis and the solution is an easy one; donating blood.

I had 110 whole blood donations under my belt, but they booted me after the heart attack. No regrets, I did my part while I could.
  • UncleMac
    Options
    Farback wrote: »
    I had 110 whole blood donations under my belt, but they booted me after the heart attack. No regrets, I did my part while I could.
    I don't think I can match that. Not sure of the total number. They come to my office with their mobile clinic quarterly and if I'm around, I donate.
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    My entire family, and my husband's, are O neg so we give a crap load of blood every chance we get and if we miss a donation they call us.....LOL

As far as achieving for today goes, I'm trying to get over a little stomach bug and get out of Dodge tomorrow for a little "Rocky Mountain High", and I mean Colorado not the other kind....LOL
  • Karen_8992
    Karen_8992 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am hoping to hit 10,000 steps today since I am on vacation for a couple weeks. I easily hit 10,000 steps when I am working. I love what I get to do during the work week. High is 44 degrees so I am thinking the pups and I should go on an adventure walk. :smiley: I call it "adventure" when the dogs get to go. LOL! Have a super great day. You deserve it. :smiley:
  • MostlyWater
    Options
    My broken ankle is a week old today.

I've done a few at home workouts just to keep my hand in, and I'm doing the stretching and icing for my back re my physical therapist, but I'm sendentary for the most part. Which I hate!

I'm not that hungry when I don't exercise strenuously so I changed my calories here.

And today I'm seeing a personal injury attorney to see if I have a case.

• marekdds
    Options
    Best of luck to you, Ms Water, hope you heal quickly.
  • MostlyWater
    Options
    Thank you.

I also started flossing.
  • UncleMac
    Options
    Thank you.

I also started flossing.
    After taking heat from the dentist for not flossing often enough, I made it a daily habit. I can't say I see much difference but the dentist reassures me that my gums are happier. Whatever.

How's the leg? Do you have to keep it elevated?