Exercise and Weight Loss Challenges

Options

Replies

• MapDancer
    MapDancer Posts: 246 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    [quote="maryschwartzroby;
    I went to the donut and coffee get together and all i did was socialize .My husband ate a couple but I wasn't even tempted. Yah me!!! Came home and ate a healthy breakfast. [/quote]

That is wonderful Mary! you could look but not be tempted - that's exercising the "willpower muscle" and it does get stronger with practice. I like to tell myself that a commercial donut just isn't that great anyway, a waste of my calories etc. and it does work.

• grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Beth, I hope everything goes well for your sil.
  • Cclill
    Cclill Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Beth thank you for the hot chocolate tip!
  • gmabethof3
    gmabethof3 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I know that I put this on my feed page, but I am reaching out everywhere I can for thoughts and prayers. My son-in-law is in the hospital. I just talked with my daughter this morning, and there were no improvements during the night. His carbon monoxide is getting higher. He has been very ill for the past years and in and out of the hospital many times. My daughter is holding up better then expected (she's a strong girl), but he does have two daughters 8 and 11 that are worrying me. They know that their dad is real sick, (he has nurses coming to the house all the time) and when ever he goes into the hospital they worry like an 8 and 11 year old shouldn't. I'm going to be with them after school today and try to keep their little minds busy. I will keep you guys updated, and I Thank you in advance for any thought and prayers, we can use all the help we can get. Beth
  • gmabethof3
    Options
    Slowly, but my son in law is getting better... Prayers are working....
  • dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Thinking of you and your family, Beth.
  • gmabethof3
    Options
    Thinking of you and your family, Beth.

Thank you so much, we just found out he has congested heart failure and his iron is low...My daughter is doing ok, but the grand kids are so worried, and I feel so helpless at times. Hope things get better soon for all them.
  • gmabethof3
    Options
    January 1, 2016 Challenge

January 1 - 178.0
    January 8 - 177.6 = -.4
    January 15 - 177.2 = -.8
    January 22 - 176.6 = -1.4
    January 29 - 176.2 = -1.8
    February 5 - 176.0 = -2.0
    February 12 - 177.6 = - .4 :(

Ohhhhh, I know what I did, not much exercise this week, not drinking my water much. I should at least get out and walk more, that would help all around with my stress and also the weight. I will be better for next week. :)
  • dasher602014
    Options
    Jan 8: 167.5 -1
    Jan17: 169 +1.5
    Jan 22: 166 -3
    Jan 29: 166
    Feb 4: 166
    Feb 12: 165.5 -.5

It has been hard this week. I added back some carbs and bounced to 169! But worked it back down again. Still trying to balance the diet.
  • dasher602014
    Options
    Beth, everything about diet would be out the window for me, if I was in your situation. Well done for staying the course. Maybe the girls will walk with you a little? I hope they can get your SIL problems under better control soon.
  • maryschwartzroby
    maryschwartzroby Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Jan.16-192.5
    Jan. 22- 191.5
    Jan.29-193.0
    Feb.5-189.5
    Feb.12-191.5
  • gaylebodine
    gaylebodine Posts: 1,678 Member
    Options
    1/01/16: 180.4
    1/09/16: 178.6
    1/15/16: 174.3
    1/23/16: 176.4
    1/30/16: 176.8
    2/06/16: 178
    2/13/16: 182.8

My carb addiction is running riot, has been out of control since the holidays but this is bad. Found a book at the library The Addictocarb Diet and looks doable. I'm starting Monday. About a week to get the carb cravings gone. No bread (sub wasa crisp), no white potatoes(can have sweet), no HFCS, no pasta (except Dreamfields), no flour. Can have low fat dairy, fruit, almond butter, all vegis. Back to my shakes but no icy ones. I know I'm crazy but feel like I have to finish the bagels and english muffins this weekend. Oh, and the ritz crackers. Think I will give away my bag of potatoes and clean out the "bad" food from my cupboards, or at least separate the stuff my son can have and the stuff that I can eat. All I can commit to right now, in terms of mfp, is to check in each day, put my daily weight in my food diary. Thanks for being there, sorry to be so non-interactive.
  • gmabethof3
    Options
    Hey Gayle, my carbs are becoming addictive too, going to try the Addictocarb Diet. I have tried those Wasa crisp, not too bad, I started eating them when I was trying the 20/20 diet. I ate them with peanut butter for a snack. The white potatoes are going to be hard for me..., but I'll try....

• dasher602014
    Options
    Hi Guys,

I do sympathize. The carb addict diet does work but ..... the calories have to come from somewhere or you go crazy. Learned this the hard way. So be good to yourself with cravings for other allowed things. As you know, because of DH diabetes, I am one step further along this path with Low Carb/High Fat. Hard to get your head around at the beginning but the cravings did stop fairly quickly. I also had success on the DASH diet (free copies online) which every medico supports and it was low fat,high veg but only the fibrous carbs. That works for me but I did eat a ton of veggie matter. Good luck with the shake up!
  • MapDancer
    MapDancer Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    9 month maintenance anniversary today: 131.4

It pays to know what you put in your mouth... my sister sent up a box of lemons and some oranges from her trees. I made my Grandma's lemon sponge cake - a family favorite. It's made in custard cups, no crust, 1 tablesppon butter- how bad could it be?? Since it is now just DH and myself at home I divided it among four bowls before baking. He asked if I had entered the recipe into MFP yet. I hadn't, so I did, and wow! it was 500 calories/serving. I'll have to use smaller bowls... :(
  • gmabethof3
    Options
    HAPPY VALENTINE'S LADIES!!!! <3
  • gaylebodine
    Options
    Thanks for being my MFP Valentines, all these months! <3
  • gaylebodine
    Options
    The kindle version of The Addictocarb Diet is only 1.99 on Amazon in February. I have the free "virtual kindle" on my PC and cell phone as well. http://www.amazon.com/The-Addictocarb-Diet-Addictive-Anything-ebook/dp/B00XTB2KL4/ref=zg_bs_11717368011_8
    Also The Addictocarb Diet is on facebook and posts recipes.

Marney--the doctor that developed this diet did so to manage his own diabetes.
  • Cclill
    Cclill Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Good luck this week Gayle! Eat good fat rather than lowfat so not hungry.
    Looks like i have candida - did the simple home test but still need blood test to be sure.
    I wonder if you have it too.

Weekly report:
    Most recent new low, 182.2
    2/14/16, 182.2
    That was my weight as soon as i awoke.
    I had to dash off before i could lose more water weight
    Today might have been a new low but i will never know.
    Lill

• dasher602014
    Options
    Good luck with the change of eating plan, Gayle. I hope it is easier for you than what you have been going through these last few weeks. As Lil says, eat the good fats to stop being hungry. I had a look and it sounds familiar except for the shakes and the special pasta. Good luck!

Speaking of pasta, I made some pasta and meatballs using zoodles made out of zucchini. It was good. (my turn for cooking these past 4 days)

Lil, I too have been struggling with candida. Wonder if it has something to do with low carb diets? Apparently the gremlins can become keto adapted as well. It doesn't stop weigh loss, does it?

Have a good week.