Team 6 degrees of awesome

Options

Replies

• leti126
    leti126 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Awesome job team!! I came down with a pretty nasty cold last night so I'm going to try and get a least a few miles in today! Hoping I can nip this sickness in the butt fast so I can continue on a good trend this coming week! I wonder where we're going next!

Also woke up to a good 3 inches of snow this morning! Where is spring?! We're supposed to get a bit more tomorrow I believe. Unreal!
  • 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 4,980 Member
    Options
    I have all my stairs in 84 minutes to add for yesterday and 62 so far for today
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    @leti126 - do you live in the northeast?

We only got about an inch of snow this morning, and none of it really stuck to the roads, so I was able to get in a short run this morning. I'm going to the gym soon for some upper body lifting. I'll get it all added into the spreadsheet this evening. I also did the dancing videos. I'm not sure, but it might have been worse than the Irish step dancing - no rhythm, no coordination, no grace, and ankle issues. But its done.
    Now they are telling us 3-5 inches of snow tomorrow, so I'm not sure there will be a run. And the pool is closed for some sort of maintenance problem. I don't know what the plan is tomorrow. Maybe lower body lifting. Or it might have to be a rest day. Or shoveling :s This could be a week where I plan only one day at a time.
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    @120maggie You're covered on the spreadsheet, except I didn't do the accountability one
    @leti126 Sure hope your nasty cold turns around soon! Take care of yourself! :(
    @jamacianredhair Remind your honey about the nutrition challenge...what's his favorite food, why, and how to make it more nutritious (is it his spicy deviled eggs? >:) )
    @RachaelB11 and @tooru Sure hope all is well!! We need you!
    @ka97 Kudos for doing the belly dancing!
    @mswanger09 A big shout out for your continued awesome weightloss!! :)

Tara and I left an half hour before dawn for what turned out to be a grueling 5.6 mile hike, involving a fall, torn pants, hurt shoulder, wrist and knee, broken leash, and barbed wire! Then the real fun started when I tried to hose the caked-on mud off her when we got home! :o

WE ARE ALMOST DEAD-ON TIED WITH TEAM ONE AND WITHIN SPITTING DISTANCE OF THE PYRAMIDS! :smile:

I'm in pain. Time to hit the shower. :p
  • mswanger09
    mswanger09 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    @hawkins410, thank you!!!

Sounds like you had an eventful hike this morning, hope you are ok and feeling better.
  • leti126
    leti126 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    @hawkins410 sounds like a very eventful hike!

@ka97 yes I'm in Connecticut. The weather is all over the place, random spurts of snow then sun. We'll see what happens tomorrow!
  • hawkins410
    Options
    It was an adventure, that's for sure!
    But with a hot shower, some breakfast/lunch, and a little nap, I'm good to go now! :)
  • bsehorn
    bsehorn Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    bsehorn wrote: »
    Monday--not a great start this week; no workout and ate Easter dinner leftovers! I plan on hitting the gym tomorrow that includes the stair-stepper and a Zumba class.
    Tuesday-Got to the gym today and did 50 flights! Also did my hour Zumba class. Ate some grapes for my Egyptian food.
    Wednesday-The weather was so great here in Missouri that I went to the park and ran/walked over 3 miles. I also got in a few flights of stairs and a couple of belly dancing videos. I feel this has been the best day so far this week as far as my diet as well. Easter dinner was a definite set back, but I am back on track!
    Thursday-1 hour of workout even though I had company. Went out to eat but ate a salad and actually split it since it was so big!
    Friday-Only got in a 20 min. workout but at least I did something....busy day and night! I did eat before I went out so that I wasn't tempted to eat poorly at the Mavericks hockey game.
    Saturday-Went to the park since it is sunny outside today! I jog/walked and enjoyed the sunshine! I finished the belly dancing videos too! Need to work on my eating on the weekends though...so easy to munch on this and that when I am at home...
    Sunday-I is another beautiful day here in Missouri! Got outside and did some yard work. Can I count that as a workout? We cooked out for dinner, which is one of my favorite ways to cook! Did a 30 minute workout in case the yard work doesn't count...I'm pooped!
  • hawkins410
    Options
    Monday--not a great start this week; no workout and ate Easter dinner leftovers! I plan on hitting the gym tomorrow that includes the stair-stepper and a Zumba class.
    Tuesday-Got to the gym today and did 50 flights! Also did my hour Zumba class. Ate some grapes for my Egyptian food.
    Wednesday-The weather was so great here in Missouri that I went to the park and ran/walked over 3 miles. I also got in a few flights of stairs and a couple of belly dancing videos. I feel this has been the best day so far this week as far as my diet as well. Easter dinner was a definite set back, but I am back on track!
    Thursday-1 hour of workout even though I had company. Went out to eat but ate a salad and actually split it since it was so big!
    Friday-Only got in a 20 min. workout but at least I did something....busy day and night! I did eat before I went out so that I wasn't tempted to eat poorly at the Mavericks hockey game.
    Saturday-Went to the park since it is sunny outside today! I jog/walked and enjoyed the sunshine! I finished the belly dancing videos too! Need to work on my eating on the weekends though...so easy to munch on this and that when I am at home...
    Sunday-I is another beautiful day here in Missouri! Got outside and did some yard work. Can I count that as a workout? We cooked out for dinner, which is one of my favorite ways to cook! Did a 30 minute workout in case the yard work doesn't count...I'm pooped!

Yes, yard work definitely counts! My Cardio Trainer app has 90 calories for 30 minutes at low intensity, 119 calories for moderate intensity. :)
    We are almost there team!
  • dtplow
    dtplow Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    @bsehorn yard work definitely counts! I am so jealous though, it is snowing in my world! Still got my run in though, couldn't let down my team
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    I have done the belly dancing tonight, been really busy at work and with the son.. No sleep had a house full of teenage boys Friday night and they were in the back yard shooting baskets till 2 am ...rough but better that then out getting in trouble.... Did 91 flights of stairs. Posted everyday .... Where are we off too next?..
  • murdog3t
    Options
    leti126 wrote: »
    Awesome job team!! I came down with a pretty nasty cold last night so I'm going to try and get a least a few miles in today! Hoping I can nip this sickness in the butt fast so I can continue on a good trend this coming week! I wonder where we're going next!

Also woke up to a good 3 inches of snow this morning! Where is spring?! We're supposed to get a bit more tomorrow I believe. Unreal!

• murdog3t
    Options
    Feel better soon
  • Diana6ft
    Diana6ft Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    we're in Egypt team !!!! You all put in some impressive miles this week. You guys inspire me. @hawkins410 I hope you recover from your hike!
    I can't believe you guys have snow. It's going to be 97 degrees here this week!
  • hawkins410
    Options
    We freaking made it!!! I can't believe just how AWESOME we are!!! 6 degrees of awesome all the way!!! :)
    And, unless Team 1 pulls something out of the hat at the midnight hour, we are the ONLY TEAM TO MAKE IT TO EGYPT and we won another leg!!! You are the BEST TEAM EVER!!! <3
    I'm doing the Snoopy Dance so I guess I've recovered from my spills and thrills. :D
  • tooru
    tooru Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Added mine in!! Sorry, I rarely have time to go on an actual computer but I've added mine all in and we're a bit over now!!!! :)

And @hawkins410 haven't tried zumba yet, but Tuesday and Wednesday I will be!!!
  • mswanger09
    mswanger09 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    What a great way to wake up!!!!! Team, you are all amazing!!!!!!! I know that we have two team members that don't have access to the spreadsheet at home and will finish logging in today.

We also have an amazing bonus total!!!!

Wonder where we are off to next?
  • hawkins410
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Just heard from Melodie; Week 5 Golden Ticket is not up yet and will be later!
  • RachaelB11
    RachaelB11 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Yay! This week I will be stepping up the gym time and dog walking. Yesterday, I also didn't count my leisurely walk through one of the state parks with my dog...should I be counting that as well? I was probably out walking for an hour and a half, he even got to take a little swim in the Mississippi. When we got home we took a long fast-walk (It was 73 degrees, hell yes!) and by the time we got home...he was so sore he curled up in his bed and didn't move for the rest of the night. Poor guy is so out of shape.
  • hawkins410
    Options
    RachaelB11 wrote: »
    Yay! This week I will be stepping up the gym time and dog walking. Yesterday, I also didn't count my leisurely walk through one of the state parks with my dog...should I be counting that as well? I was probably out walking for an hour and a half, he even got to take a little swim in the Mississippi. When we got home we took a long fast-walk (It was 73 degrees, hell yes!) and by the time we got home...he was so sore he curled up in his bed and didn't move for the rest of the night. Poor guy is so out of shape.

Of COURSE you should count walking your pup!! Especially if he got a swim too! :smile: It looks like you forgot to do the Nutritional Challenge. I don't know if you can still do it since Week 5's Golden Ticket isn't up yet...you could give it a try (10 pts.!) or just make sure to catch it on the next leg.

Yay Awesome Team!! :D