3. Daily nutrition accountability

Options

Replies

• SarahsFitMess
    SarahsFitMess Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    @BigChangeNeeded stuff happens. We've all been there, the important thing is that you get up brush yourself off and try again tomorrow. This is a process, it takes time to break old habits. Tomorrow will be a better day
  • audrey13027
    audrey13027 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Jenni & Laura: You're human & therefore you, like everyone else here are going to screw up! Have your moment (or hours) of being angry with yourself, vent about it and then do better tomorrow. But don't beat yourself up too much, there are already PLENTY of people in the world ready to do that to you/us...especially concerning food & our bodies! Just forgive yourself & move forward!
  • katdanash
    katdanash Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    stayed within my calories , and stayed with in portion control. Good day except for the sickness .. Called off work tomorrow, I think its turning into Bronchitis
  • SarahsFitMess
    SarahsFitMess Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I was under by 10 calories today haha. I had a weak moment with a taco but those things are so sexy how can you not.
  • Pepperh3ad
    Pepperh3ad Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Busy day yesterday (4/3), so here's the short version. I behaved myself nutritionally.
  • LCSt68
    LCSt68 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I was under my calorie goal but nutritionally it was a train wreck.

I want to avoid famine mode at all costs but I wonder if I need so many calories per day. I mean, the rationale looks sound... I weigh approx. 400 lbs so it'd take around 4,000 calories per day to maintain that. My allotment is much less but I find it easy to eat just about anything I want and still be within my goal.

Also, today is my 5th day logging and I've only lost 1 pound? At my weight I'd expect just moving my body around to generate enough calorie deficit to burn off more than that. My projected sedentary calorie burn for the day without exercise is something like 3,000 calories. Yet nothing is moving like I thought it would. And I've been honest with my logging. Something doesn't seem to be jiving. I expected more loss by now. :-/
  • RunawayCurves
    RunawayCurves Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Lisa
    The calorie deficit needed projections on this site are not very accurate.
    It depends a lot on your health conditions, your age etc which all influence your metabolism. I think MFP by default tells me to eat 1800cal per day. A slimming club once told me to eat 750 calories per day. From past experimentation I know I do best eating between 1000-1500 cal per day depending on activities and appetite.

here is another site that works it out for you
    http://www.calculator.net/calorie-calculator.html?ctype=standard&cage=47&csex=f&cheightfeet=5&cheightinch=6&cpound=297&cheightmeter=180&ckg=60&cactivity=1.2&printit=0&x=47&y=13
    this is what it says for me age 35, 292lb, sedentary
    I select sedentary because even though i walk about sometimes I spend most of the day not moving much at all.
    You need 2,501 Calories/day to maintain your weight.
    You need 2,001 Calories/day to lose 1 lb per week.
    You need 1,501 Calories/day to lose 2 lb per week.
    You need 3,001 Calories/day to gain 1 lb per week.
    You need 3,501 Calories/day to gain 2 lb per week.

this is what it says if I change my stats to age 47, 397lb, sedentary
    You need 2,943 Calories/day to maintain your weight.
    You need 2,443 Calories/day to lose 1 lb per week.
    You need 1,943 Calories/day to lose 2 lb per week.
    You need 3,443 Calories/day to gain 1 lb per week.
    You need 3,943 Calories/day to gain 2 lb per week.

So looking at that 3000cal per day would not lead to much weight loss. Really only a nutritionist or dietitian who knows your exact health can give an accurate answer. All internet sites will only give estimates based on whichever standardised formula they select to use.

1lb loss is still better than a gain, it is still a loss. You might be able to lose more if eat fewer calories but only you can decide what is right for you. If you lost 1lb every week that still all adds up over time. Maybe gradually lower it over several weeks to 2000 calories and see how you feel, if it feels sustainable or not. You know your body better than anyone else.
  • BigChangeNeeded
    BigChangeNeeded Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Despite my mental wobble, I'm back. Thanks everyone for your kind words. I was feeling overly sensitive yesterday, and should have just taken some time to chill out. I know how I should react when I get angry or upset, but putting it into practice is much easier said than done!
    I guess I hit a bump in the road and didn't cope well, but I woke up this morning feeling a little better than I did yesterday.
    I decided to weigh myself after all. I'll be weighed again tonight at my weight loss class, so I didn't see any point avoiding it. Despite the sugar binge last night, I somehow managed to lose 3lbs for the week. I'm glad last night didn't spoil the hard work I'd put in during the week, and I knew when I woke up this morning that I couldn't throw away three months of work. This is the longest I've stuck with a diet for quite some time, and I can't quit now. Besides, I've told everyone I know that I'm trying to be healthy, so I'll be letting people other than myself down.

I'm going to try and make smarter choices today. Sensible breakfast, sensible lunch, sensible dinner. That's the target.
  • krce
    krce Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    @BigChangeNeeded I'm glad you woke up feeling better this morning! Here's to a better day :)

Yesterday was good calorie wise. I need to work on upping my veggies/fruits.
  • MYhealthyjourney70
    MYhealthyjourney70 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    haven't been active in this group over the weekend.. weekends are hard as we do alot of errands and getting things done around the house.. my food wasn't perfect but it was better than it had been in the past on the weekend... today is planned and should be on point... have a great day..
  • Klipsan
    Klipsan Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    b0629.jpg
    I'm on plan and planning to stay that way.
  • RunawayCurves
    Options
    All is well today, I have thrown out all remaining temptations from my cupboards.
    Back on track
  • Pepperh3ad
    Pepperh3ad Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Despite my mental wobble, I'm back. Thanks everyone for your kind words. I was feeling overly sensitive yesterday, and should have just taken some time to chill out. I know how I should react when I get angry or upset, but putting it into practice is much easier said than done!
    I guess I hit a bump in the road and didn't cope well, but I woke up this morning feeling a little better than I did yesterday.
    I decided to weigh myself after all. I'll be weighed again tonight at my weight loss class, so I didn't see any point avoiding it. Despite the sugar binge last night, I somehow managed to lose 3lbs for the week. I'm glad last night didn't spoil the hard work I'd put in during the week, and I knew when I woke up this morning that I couldn't throw away three months of work. This is the longest I've stuck with a diet for quite some time, and I can't quit now. Besides, I've told everyone I know that I'm trying to be healthy, so I'll be letting people other than myself down.

I'm going to try and make smarter choices today. Sensible breakfast, sensible lunch, sensible dinner. That's the target.

Hang in there, BigChange! One step, one breath, at a time. You can do this!
  • katdanash
    katdanash Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Did good nutrition wise .. Happy happy happy
  • ClarissaCLD
    ClarissaCLD Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Turns out my migraine was actually a sinus infection, so I've been ill since Friday :( and I've been comfort eating including lots of chocolate. Got antibiotics now and should be back at work on Wednesday and back on track.
  • RunawayCurves
    Options
    Turns out my migraine was actually a sinus infection, so I've been ill since Friday :( and I've been comfort eating including lots of chocolate. Got antibiotics now and should be back at work on Wednesday and back on track.

I hope the antibiotics work fast for you and you feel better soon , hugs
  • BarneyRubbleMD
    BarneyRubbleMD Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I blew it over the weekend--about 10k calories each day & gained 5 pounds.
    Hopefully back on track today (Monday) and so far seem to be.
  • RunawayCurves
    Options
    I blew it over the weekend--about 10k calories each day & gained 5 pounds.
    Hopefully back on track today (Monday) and so far seem to be.

I once logged a binge on mfp out of curiosity and it was over 20'000 calories, I can easily eat 10'000 calories a day so I sympathise. Trying to eat normal human size amounts of food in actual spaced out meals is a challenge.
  • krce
    krce Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I've never been brave enough to log a binge.... I can't even imagine what it'd be :|

Today was good. Stayed under calorie limit & got in a bit more fruits & veggies than normal. So overall, I'm good. :)
  • 1cand0it2
    1cand0it2 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    stayed under today, so-so on nutrition. I had asparagus soup, packed with veggies, and protein bars, but also strawberry pie. My daily chocolate is a requirement (85% dark), I'll pretend it's because I need the iron! Need more fruits and veggies.