Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Recent NSV?

Replies

• AngieViolet
    AngieViolet Posts: 232 Member
    Hahaha Krissy!! I just did the same thing the other day!! Yay new life!!
  • Autum1031
    Autum1031 Posts: 83 Member
    I'm thrilled about shopping exclusively in the misses section now - either size 16 or 18, depending on fit. It feels *awesome*. I'm mostly in XL, but I actually purchased a few things in size L and they fit! I treated myself to a nice dark/shiny denim trenchcoat (size L!!) for hitting a big weight loss goal and today I wore it for the first time. I was getting looks from people, not the "wow she's fat" look, but because I know I look damn good in that coat. (I'm tall, with an hourglass figure, so anything I can cinch around the waist is flattering on me--at least now that I have my waist back!)

Also, I traveled for work for the first time post-surgery. No seat extender needed, didn't squish the person next to me, fit comfortably in the seat without having to raise the arm rest. Felt really good.
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    All great NSV's here! Just goes to show that WLS changes lives!!! I never would have reached my goal without it. Like most of you I tried for years (decades actually) to lose weight.
    My NSV is that I now stand in the front of the classes at my gym. I'm the one setting the pace and just knowing that I can do that (without feeling embarrasses) is awesome!
  • rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    I love my bath sheets even more now that they are super sized. They are also the newest towels we own, so they are still plush and fuzzy. The first time I used a regular towel and could wrap and tuck and have it stay up was a real NSV!
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,741 Member
    Arm pits. They're back.
    Yes, this!

And I can't shave them (women do that) without cutting myself because they're so cavernous and bony instead of flat and padded!

• PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,741 Member
    edited April 2016
    NicoleL874 wrote: »
    Adam smiled and introduced himself, I chuckled and said "We've met, I'm Nicole, Eric's sister." He smiled and said, "Really? I'm sorry, I don't remember you. I only remember meeting his other sister." The sprite started giggling, "Adam! Eric only HAS one sister!"
    You made me snort! :laugh:

• JamesAztec
    JamesAztec Posts: 524 Member
    Sticking to be active almost everyday. Walking, jogging, biking, hiking. All things I rarely did a few years ago.