OMG ~ Discussions Starting 1-11-16 and Beyond

Options

Replies

• JP_in_KY
    JP_in_KY Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Karla -YAYYYYYYYY!!!!!!

Lunch with my friend was great - she had someone who understands her crazy work setting and I got all the scoop. What was on my plate (a half salad) really looked like it had mire calories than their website said so I tracked it as a full salad. 580 calories. Ouch. But it was good.

Asked to see office manager. She was very nice and is trying to facilitate records & x-rays. Finally told her I am seeing another doc and she said they could LOAN them my x-rays at no cost. There may will be a fee, but Jess than feared. Now we'll see if it happens. Held it together but draining anyway.

Now to grab coffee, then to Apple Store for computer lesson with same trainer I had last time and she's excellent.
  • cindyr619
    cindyr619 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies-
    Quick check in after a whirlwind weekend. But I'm glad I'm approaching the weekend.
    I have a very small victory to report- I have cut one teaspoon of sugar from my morning coffee- might not sound like much but I want to reduce add sugar overall and this is a baby step I can learn to adjust to and then take the next step. Of course this is in addition to eating more mindful. I can do this..........
    We will go to camp tonight, the last wedding of this year, I hope, tomorrow and Sunday I hope to have a relaxing day at home. I bought myself a new iMac desktop to network with my laptop. I need to give my eyes a break and darn it - I deserve it- so that's Sunday.
    I'm glad everyone has embraced Project Me- How are you jars coming along. I dont' have much positive movement but I will get there.
    Bert- I hope when you read my books you enjoy them. If you're interested you can order them from me signed. We can talk when you return- your choice.
    Karla and Patti- you keep us motivated.
    Janet- I love that you are always here to lend a finger or ear to support each of us. You're a true gem.
    Need to run- but I will be back when I can.
    Happiness and hugs
    Cindy
  • JP_in_KY
    Options
    Cindy, have fun. And relax. Don't diminish the impact of cutting that bit of sugar. Every small choice has a cumulative effect!

Got a call from new dic's office at 5:30. They have my records & x-rays! Need to email office manager at old doc to thank her. Whew.

Hungry but going to eat very little tonight. Haven't start putting buttons in but will do so retroactively this weekend. Five buttons so far.
  • luzingg
    luzingg Posts: 1,678 Member
    Options
    It is a serene and foggy morning on my deck. Makes the gold finches stand out even more with their gorgeous neon yellow plumage. Dinner last night was not a total disaster but very carb heavy. They made pizza roll ups. Basically pizza dough with the usual toppings rolled, baked and sliced. No sides or veggies, oh well. They gave me 2 dozen fresh eggs and a big box of peppers to share with family and friends, plus a big box of plum tomatoes that I am going to oven dry. We are going back,to their house shortly to finish putting up the pool before it gets too hot and/or starts to rain......both expected today. My son's boat broke down yesterday after he had it in the water. The neighbor was here to rescue him, thank goodness. He has a bunch of house guests so we told him to take ours since we will be busy most of the day. If the weather is nice we will go for an evening ride or just hop on with the neighbors. Just another reason I love my river community, everyone helps each other, watches out for each other and shares everything with each other.

Karla, been smiling since I read your post last night. So happy you will finally get this done. Will pray that the shingles does not rear it's ugly self after surgery. I am working hard to not let this weekend ruin what I have accomplished this week but it is always a challenge.

Janet, so glad that things went better than expected at the Dr office and that your records will be there before you. I bet you just charmed the socks off that office manager. I can see you with your sweet face and smile as you worked your magic to get what is rightfully yours, sorry you have to pay for them. That just doesn't seem right to me.

Cindy, so glad you are treating yourself with the new computer. Cutting any sugar out of your diet is a victory. So proud of you.

I have not gotten my jars set up but will do so when I get home.
    Off to get stuff done
    Patti
  • 68myra
    68myra Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    waving hello from a busy week here. all kid related ;) my project me is off to a rough start, but i shall preserver! I plan to recuperate this weekend from all the go-go-go, and stop the stress-induced eating!
    myra
  • JP_in_KY
    Options
    Karla, I am so happy -- have been deeply worried about you navigating the world with one eye -- especially driving, stairs and such. I know you've become adept at adapting but when you open that eye after surgery, it will be a moment you'll always remember.

Bert, wishing you & Mike a wonderful (and long overdue) vacation! If you're driving and heading up 65 or 75 and plan to stop anywhere in northern KY or southern IN, let me know. Or I can drive up to have lunch sometime or attend one of your church musical production -- would love to meet you!

Patti, forgot to add the good news about the cost. After I left the office, the office manager called to say that if they sent the old x-rays to new doc as a LOAN, there will be no fee. Whew. It felt weird to tell her things have regressed & I'm seeing another surgeon but worth it in the end.

Myra, no road is ever smooth. We've each chosen to take what we know is a rocky path, knowing that stumbles are inevitable, but we will always get up and keep moving forward, even when the going is slow.

Suzi, hope you and Dave are having a relaxing weekend!

MaryEllen, how are things up there?

Raining off and on here so planning to stay in, do laundry, and relax. It's been a go-go week and next week will be, too. A day off is needed. Very hungry but have five good days (had only yogurt & berries last night after the splurge lunch yesterday) and will do my best to get good nutrition while minding calories this weekend too.

Accountability to all of you makes a massive difference to me. Honestly, if I hadn't found online friends who get it, I'd probably still look like the photo on my Costco card -- and you are some of the select few I'd be willing to show that to!
  • KarlaLM58
    KarlaLM58 Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. Yes, I am on cloud nine about finally coming to some closure on the eye issue and the return of my vision in my left eye. Thank you for all your support for me on my eye through all of this.

Patti- If people only realized how unhealthy they were eating and how simple it is to add a salad and fruit to a meal to turn that same meal into that healthy one. You might need to start packing you a goody bag. Lol. People will understand you are on Project Me. They all understood back in 2011 and 2012 when you were strong on that mission! You hang tough my friend.

Janet - Yea on getting your films and X-rays sent. Further yea on getting a more current medical treatment on your ankle to coincide with your beautiful face and body.

Myra- Yea for school being back in!!! Now is time for some Myra time!! Maybe even you and your sister time!! Yoga? I don't forget about you.

Bert - If you read this, there is a Brighton Store in the Destin Commons shopping center you have GOT to go to. I know you love their jewels as I do. Their ladies are lovely there. It is the place with the huge Pro Bass Shop, you can't miss it.

Cindy- Sounds like you have a nice plan for yourself. The one teaspoon a day is a milestone! Congrats! You are taking steps!

My friend Lisa and I were talking. She is doing the jar thing too and using stones. She had a good point. We don't always lose a whole pound, or inch or whatever you are measuring. So she is using large rocks for full pounds and small rocks for half pounds. I think I will put buttons with my Bobbins and if I lose part of a pound, I move a button!!!

I am having a great visit with my brother and nephew and controlling my intake!! It can be done. Have a great weekend.

TT: What is your Mantra for next week? What will you repeat to yourself to help you move forward with your Project Me journey?

Karls
  • xjsjaguar
    xjsjaguar Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Good morning all!
    First week is going well. Off to hike for a bit, as yesterday we ended up just walking around the rodeo grounds and sitting for too much time to watch the events. It was good fun, but still prefer something a bit more active for us! Enjoy the rest of your weekend and the groove you are finding that works well for you and that you ENJOY!
    Love,
    MaryLynn
  • JP_in_KY
    Options
    MaryLyyn, I've never been to a rodeo. They look like great fun. Someday.

Last day of our collective first week of Project Me. I have done pretty well. Trying to do five low days and two higher (1200 cal) days, to keep my body confused. Was very hungry yesterday but made decent choices and got lots of protein.

My vow to myself to track it all again has been helpful. Need to get more veggies and salads in but am reasonably OK with my food diary each day this week. Am feeling more serious and committed, even though it feels really difficult. You are all in my head when temptation strikes, asking me to think again, wait or choose something else. I will get the 15 regained pounds off.

Trying to begin tackling the clothing monster. I keep saying I will, then I find excuses. With me, it's an iterative process: put everything in its category, dirt each category to weed out obvious farewells, stack in order of color/style/niceness ... And so on. And no one can help. So I must take accountability.

Adulting is annoying!!!!!

Back later. Starting "Stranger Things" but will watch Olympic basketball final.
  • 68myra
    Options
    HAHA! yes, adulting is terribly annoying! thanks for the laugh, Janet! :smiley:

I'm still trying to come up with a mantra for the coming week.....

Karla, you made me smile thinking about my sister and yoga.... i think this week we'll do a salad lunch instead ;) I'm still working on my "core" at physical therapy classes..... but I'll ask my sister if she would like to resume "yoga laughing" when I get balanced/strong enough to give it another go!

wishing everyone a successful monday morning..... i will have a moment of truth when i step on the weight/body fat scale first thing.

myra
  • KarlaLM58
    Options
    Good Morning and welcome to our second week of Project ME.

Scale victory for me, 2.4 pounds!! Yea.. I had lost a pound the week before, so I have my Reunion and vacation regain officially off, and am back in the 180.'s!! Yippee!! I moved two bobbins over and four tiny craft eyes over to my Nana's Pounds lost jar. I am pretty darn proud seeing as I was out of town this weekend and eating out all meals. Healthy choices and small portions paid off.

Myra- I am so glad I gave you the chuckle I intended about your sister memory!! Lol. One good thing about facing the scale/body fat number, is the ability to improve upon it quickly. We all can focus when we have a starting point.

Patti- I do hope the rest of your weekend was less challenging food wise. It does appear the only way you are going to win that battle is like you did last time. Go prepared.

Janet- I am so thrilled for your upcoming ortho appointment. I just know it will be such an improvement. I just heard that the USA women have earned 61 gold medals. Wow.

I better get moving on. I am hoping to get by the nail salon for a pedicure today, maybe even my massage too. Not sure how my resignation is going to go, but I am leaving that company. Life is too short for that aggravation!!

My Mantra- I will stick strong to my plan, as it feeds my body and soul.

Karla
  • luzingg
    Options
    Good morning and welcome to week two of PM! Have read all your posts but am in a bit of a rush. Going to Mom's shortly. Tomorrow I have a dentist appointment to have my permanent crown put on. I did pretty well with my food this weekend and was fairly active. We got the pool put up Saturday and it was wicked hot. Had stuffed peppers for lunch that is made. Dinner was made by me. I retried the brined chicken breasts on the grill and they were the fabulous! Pounded them to an even 1/2 inch thickness, brined for 30 minutes in 1/4 cup sugar and 1/4 cup salt dissolved in 1 quart of water. Drain, pat dry, rub with a little oil and throw on the grill. Had hot coleslaw, Mac and cheese and cheddar bay biscuits. No dessert as we were all stuffed. We had friends get to the cabin about 11pm so we were up until the wee hours visiting with them. Yesterday was a pretty lazy day until we got home at 8pm. I brought home all the peppers and have decided to try my hand at pepper jelly, Edd is addicted to the stuff. Anyway put the tomatoes in the oven to dry. I guess I had the oven to hot because I ruined them. Janet, need your advice on how to do them please. Then I cleaned all the jalapeño peppers. I have a huge bowl full of them. So now just need to run them thru the food processor and make my jelly. I need to get sugar and more pectin. I am going to try some experiments with the wax peppers. Would like to be able to stuff and freeze since I have about a bazillion of them. Would be nice to just grab them and bake any time I want some. I didn't get to bed until 2am and back up at 8. Never did get on the boat this weekend, but I was ok with that. One more experiment from the weekend, I frozen some ripe peaches. Whole and unpeeled, after washing and drying. When you take them out of the freezer wait about 10 minutes, dip them in water or run under the faucet briefly, the skins will just "rub" off like paper. I waited another 15 minutes and then sliced them off the pit. This was a bit of work, since the peaches were slick but still easier than blanching and peeling. Next experiment will be to cut them in half and remove the pit before freezing. I have my own test kitchen running here, lol.

TT: my mantra for this week: you have this, you know what to do, now do it!

For a quick post I got a bit carried away, sorry. Need to call mom and see what she needs me to pick up for her when I head her way. I will be back later. PM here we come!
    Patti
  • 68myra
    Options
    congrats on the loss, Karla!

my scale showed no loss of weight, but a 1/10th loss of percent fat.... so I'll take it. (it's better than a poke in the eye!) one pebble down, 39 to go!

I'm officially stealing Patti's mantra: you have this, you know what to do, now do it! YES!

I just ate a mini-lunch of brussel sprouts, sauteed in coconut oil and sprinkled with spices and mozzarella cheese. now i'm off to "old lady core class", with fingers crossed.

have i mentioned that SCHOOL is a wonderful thing? :smiley:

myra

• xjsjaguar
    xjsjaguar Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Good morning, ladies!

Congratulations on the individual achievements for you all!

Every step of "training our brains" is leading each and everyone towards our own individual "gold" and the inevitable tough moments along the path are made so much easier as we do this together. Project Me allows us to jointly pursue our unique personal best every day and reap the benefits of greater health and fitness, along with a leaner, stronger body. This is such an amazing team and I'm so honored to be an active member, as we share our stories.

Personally, this first week I have moved one coffee bean (one pound) over to the second bowl. Additionally I do measure periodically and am down 1/2" at the waist since last measurement.

Enjoy this beautiful day, my friends and thank you for being here!

Love,
    MaryLynn
  • JP_in_KY
    Options
    Hi, all. I officially have seven buttons in my little box to represent seven days on plan. Yay! Haven't strung a full week together in nearly a year so feeling motivated. Snacks at convenience store still call, but they're not shouting "Buy me now!!!!" quite as loudly now, so that's progress.

Congrats to all on your progress. Karla, you did really well while travrling, which is so difficult because of portion size, selections available and the restaurant tendency to cook with more fat than we do at home.

Patti, how is your mom feeling? The secret to oven-dried tomatoes is low & slow. It takes hours but the house smells great. I need to go to Costco soon and if they have Romas I will make a batch here too. The one downfall is that once they're dried, it's easy to eat a bunch of tomatoes at a sitting. Is it possible to make jalapeño jelly with at least some Silenus instead of sugar? I don't care at all for the taste of stevia but if I could make low-cal jelly I might try it.

Myra, enjoy the bit of extra freedom you get from having the kids in school.

MaryLynn, you are so right - this battle is far more about training our brains than our bodies.

Weather is spectacular here - not quite as muggy and milder temps, so a five-hour errand circuit was much more bearable. Got the glasses restriction off my license and made nearly a dozen stops. I hurt by the time I got home but oh well. Even opened four to deck to let fresh air In hrough my screen door.

I plan to brave the scale the first of each month now. My hope is to drop 10-15 by Thanksgiving. It won't be easy but I will do my best.
  • KarlaLM58
    Options
    igtpxf0pxcv2.jpeg
    My little jars, I was able to move two bobbins and four eyes!!!

Patti- Do you have your containers? Surely you have something in your craft room?

Janet- Alright for seven buttons!!

Mary Lynn- One coffee bean is jumping!! I love it!

Myra- you are right about school. Lol.

Cindy - Have you chosen any containers to utilize? How was your weekend?

Well, the resignation came as a shock, she wanted to take me to lunch, wanted to know if anything had happened, thanked me everything I had done for her. Told me she could not have opened without me, just really shocked her. Personally. I felt like breaking out in a tune of "born Free"!! I guess it was really a burden. I will miss the ladies in the office. I will finish the open cases of credentialing I am working on, but not the auditing. I hope to be finished by the end of September. Plus I told her any new providers she hired I will not credential. I thought she was going to cry.

Jason started driving for Uber. He really enjoyed it. It's the perfect, flexible job for him. He lives right by the airport and also has a large vehicle for groups. He made $100 in 2 hours and said it was fun. During the day it was a guy that he said you could tell was medically unable to drive. He told me , Mom, I feel like I'm helping people. As a mother I feel it's safer than those industrial plants.

I am so glad we are all working on PM and getting our group focused! The holidays will be here before we known it.

Karla

• luzingg
    Options
    Well dang it, huge post gone...... So here is short version
    Made 2 batches of pepper jelly, lots of work and time and mess. Then while I was typing my post I glanced at the recipe and I think I messed up the sugar, too much in the first batch and not enough in the second....just read it wrong. So mad at myself. Will probably have to fix the whole bunch.
    Karla, great job on week one. Cute jars. I will find something tomorrow when I weigh in, just haven't been in my craft room lately.

Myra, your smile is showing...glad to have you back.

Mary Lynn, loved the wisdom of your quote I will be paraphrasing it and making it part of my mantra. "Persuing my own unique personal best every day". Thank you for always inspiring me.

Janet, I know you must have loved the weather today. There are some recipes for no and low sugar jelly. The one I saw looked interesting, it was puréed fresh fruit and chia seeds. Just google sugar free homemade jelly, there are lots of articles. The one I read was from Off the Grid.

Mom is doing great, thanks for always asking about her. She putters around the house and gets to the grocery. Is happy in her apartment but is lonely. We have talked about her getting a dog but she is not able to care for one. She doesn't care for small dogs, which would be perfect, so no dog for her.

Cindy, thank you for your blog this week. It helps me to know you better. I see you with your big white legal pad, writing notes in odd places.

Now to start cleaning up the kitchen, it is destroyed!
    Patti
  • smack59
    smack59 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Hi gang! We were in TX for a family reunion over the weekend and I had a medical appointment and car maintenance this morning. Packing for this week's work trip followed by dinner and a movie rounded out a pretty busy day!

My first week of project me went OK. I don't know whether I lost any weight or not since I missed my WW meeting on Saturday. We leave this coming Sunday on our big long RV trip. Even if I'm not posting much, I'm reading your posts! You guys inspire me.
  • KarlaLM58
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Good morning ladies and hello Tuesday!

Hello Suzi!! When you are excellent at your occupation your career won't let you retire fully. I left the corporate world in 2008 and have dabbled with clients and now have to fire them!! Lol. My time means more to me. Yours allows you to be flexible and as long as it stays that way, it works!! You will have a great time on this next trip.

Patti- Skinny vibes my friend!! I am so glad you have your Mantra and your resolve. I need to get back into my Lesley Sansone dvds. I don't know why I have just stopped doing them. I think I will go do one now!! At least the 30 minute one.

Today I go back to the Podiatry office because I have my Endocrinologist appointment this afternoon and I have to get out anyway. Tomorrow I have AT&T coming to switch me to Direct TV satellite. I'm saving $100 a month on this switch. I'm going to get my Showtime through my Amazon membership for $11 a month. I wanted to do just the internet and the streaming services we have, but noooooo, Glenn had to have all the NFL, SEC and ESPN channels for football season. Lol.

TT: Have you established your Mantra for this week?

Quotes

It is not happy people who are thankful. It is thankful people who are happy.

Enjoy the little things, for one day you look back and realize they were the big things. Robert Brault.

Have a great day.

Signing off,

Karla
  • KarlaLM58
    Options
    lkuvz1lzyn38.jpeg
    Another view of my jars showing my tops..