OMG ~ Discussions Starting 1-11-16 and Beyond

Options

Replies

• cindyr619
    cindyr619 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Hi Girls-
    Another busy day at the office and counting down until Friday when I officially start another week's vacation - well from the 2nd and back on the 12th. We're going to the Cape as you know and it will be wonderful I'm sure. I picked out several restaurants already. One is a 3 minute walk from the cottage we're renting.
    Janet- depending on when the get together is maybe I can fly in... work will dictate a few things. I'm at a lost 2/3rds thru the first major edit and contemplating changing the name. I'm just not feeling it as strongly as the others, and I"m mulling over cover ideas. So def progress thanks for asking. Have you finished R2S? Did you enjoy it- pros and cons are welcome.
    Karla- say HI to Leslie for me- lol glad you your kitchen is sparkling clean
    Bert- How long will you do the student teaching reviews.
    MaryLynn- always wonderful to hear form you
    Suzi- yes altitude can be a killer for lung capacity- do take it easy.
    Need to run but I'm seeing the scale start to creep in the opposite direction. Need to stay focused.
    Until later
    Cindy
  • JP_in_KY
    JP_in_KY Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Patti, the wedding sounds like it will be great fun - what an inventive young couple. When is it? I am so happy that you are regaining confidence in your eating choices -- we all knew you'd find your way back soon! Here's to a great resume and a solid loss net week. Let's have lunch again sometime soon.

Suzi, what do elk order at the Taco Bell mosey-thru? Patti's right about the altitude. My ex is a Coloradan and when I went out there, one glass of wine and I was silly.

Karla, a clean house is such a treat. I am so glad I finally prioritized getting a cleaner and am truly blessed to have found Kim. She'll be here next Wednesday and it makes such a difference.

Braved the scale this morning and it wasn't where I want it to be, but not as bad as feared. I know I've lost a few pounds since we started Project Me. My plan is to weigh the last day of each month. Somehow, it feels more comfortable for me to set myself up for the following month by being realistic as I close out a month than to face possible disappoitment at the dawn of a new one. Weird, but if it works ... I haven't posted weight on MFP too many times but took a good look at the pattern. November-December last year was a DISASTER. Not this year. Lost a few, then regained while I was stressed about the thyroid cancer followup. Not an excuse -- just a fact. Lessons learned and -- with your help -- I will do my best to navigate things better from now on.

Had a good talk today with the Patient Experience manager at the hospital about my discharge last week -- nurse was a real bully because I was there alone and didn't want her to call anyone. We talked about the many things they did RIGHT and our conversation resulted in some suggestions that may actually lead to changes in policies and procedures for outpatient stuff. It felt good to be heard and made me glad I spoke up Monday when the hospital called to check on me.

Followup doc visit tomorrow morning -- first trip out since Friday. Being home has been a nice respite but there are a few errands to run so I can have a peaceful holiday weekend at home.

Will try to check back later -- hugs to all!
  • smack59
    smack59 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Hi gang! This is our last night at Rocky Mountains and today wasn't nearly as taxing physically as yesterday. We did a jeep tour this afternoon and there were a couple really short hikes that were true challenges wi my cold. I'm moved into the sneezing and boxes of puffs at a time stage now... UGH! I haven't had a cold in about 3 years! Why in the world did it happen now?!? Next two days or at least 1 1/2 days will be driving so I can nap except when Dave takes his nap right after lunch. On to Wyoming and Grand Tetons. I called the large campground there this morning and they said they never fill up this time of year, so we're going for it. Hopefully we'll get to do my belated birthday present - float trip down the Snake River.
  • luzingg
    luzingg Posts: 1,678 Member
    Options
    Late night check in, worked about 5 hours at my son's new house. We finished cleaning up the last of the debris from the tree. This was about 90 minutes of raking and hauling in 85 degrees with 80+% humidity. That just saps my strength. Then we got to work inside in the A/C, yippee. Had to remove a shelving system from one bedroom and remove all the carpet and padding from all three bedrooms, including pulling all the staples out of the floors. I am sore all over and my back is hurting but a good nights rest should have me right as rain. Tomorrow is gym, grocery, gym if my back truly is better.

Janet, good luck at the Dr. Sounds like facing the scale was not a bad thing. I know when I stepped on 2 weeks ago I was terrified. Why does that little thing have such power over our emotions.

Suzi, great pics, thanks for sharing. Hope your day of rest gets you over your cold enough to enjoy your next stop and that float trip.

Need to hit the sack.
    Patti
  • bertevans
    bertevans Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, Ladies. The humidity is cleared out this morning. I'm hoping to get in the yard after my morning visit with a field student and then go to the store for groceries. I'm so excited for our family to all be together.

Patti: I'm not sure what is going on with your family, but God knows. I'm praying for you. So sorry for your mom. What is Once Upon a Time on Netflix? Is it comedy? Drama? What in interesting venue for your grandson's wedding. I'll bet it will be fun. Congrats on your weight loss.

Suzi: I haven't been to the Rockies since I was a small child. I'd really love to go again and experience the beauty of this part of the country. I'd also love to see the Grand Tetons.

Karla: I'm concerned about the storm as well. Mike's sister and family lives in LA and their house got flooded from all the rain recently. Where is it supposed to hit?

Cindy: I visit student teachers 4 times in an 8 week period. Field students are 2 times. I communicate with them during the other times via email.

Janet: Good for you! I think we all should voice our opinions about our experiences in the hospital.

I've had 2 students this placement period tell me that they wish they could have me the next 8 weeks and througout their field experiences. I must be doing something right. Have a great day, everyone.

Bert
  • cindyr619
    cindyr619 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    HI Girls-
    Drive by hello-
    I'll try to stop before tomorrow when things get super hectic but if you don't hear from me until after the Cape- I'll miss you all and think of you often.
    Hugs and smiles
    Cindy
  • KarlaLM58
    KarlaLM58 Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies and Happy September First!! Yikes for our first Huricane.

Looks like my dad will be okay, but you can't trust these things.prayers accepted.

Patti- you are in your element doing the rehab.

Cindy- have fun next week.

I am on second client are. I have a two hour massage this afternoon for her to really get my hips and shoulders worked out. Afterwards Glenn is taking me to dinner since he is having oral surgery in the morning. Lol.

Karla
  • luzingg
    Options
    Karla, prayers for your Dad and you. Hope the storm misses one and all. Enjoy your massage and dinner with your sweetie.

Cindy, enjoy your vacation. Glad you are stopping by but don't worry about it while you are relaxing.

Bert, prayers for Mike's family. Hope no more flooding is in store for them. I can totally understand why the students would want you as a mentor.

Janet, hope all went well with the Dr.

Suzi, hope today finds you much improved. Can't believe all the elk you saw. We have been to Estes Park and have only seen them in the fields, never in town.

Drama continues here and I am finding myself having moments of near panic but am keeping it in check the best I can for my mom. Speaking of her, I have an appointment for her tomorrow at a premier opthamology group. They said she should have come in right away, but she just told me about the problem. I will be going to the cabin after I take her to her appointment. I did not go to the gym this morning, back spasms were pretty painful so decided that rest was required. I spent the morning on the phone instead, dealing with what needed to be handled here. Shopping done and laundry going. Now need to prep some food for dinner and the weekend. I will decide on TRX closer to the time, would love to go since I won't be able to go in the morning. Just as well since I am not eating much and my stomach has mostly been in knots for the past week. Scale hop shows me down a bit more, so have lost over 5 pounds since starting PM.

Patti
  • JP_in_KY
    Options
    Patti, good for you! Wish part of the loss weren't due to stress though. Crossing fingers that the ophthalmologist can do something for your mom.

Cindy, have a dip for me!

Suzi, hope your cold moves through quickly.

Karla, hoping to get a massage here this month too.

Bert, I know you're an amazing mentor and your work will help develop more great teachers.

Nice weather here. Had stitches removed this morning, the rest are dissolvable. I see doc again on the 12th. Wore sunglasses everywhere because I still look a bit scary. Had a donut while out. Stupid (but very tasty) choice. Tracked it and am now fighting the urge to eat.

Good news - I have an appointment with the new-new foot & ankle surgeon on Halloween. Two months is a wait I will gladly endure for the hope of some sort of long-term improvement.

Picked up groceries and hope to have a quiet, low-key weekend and keep healing. My brother called yesterday and didn't react at all when I told him I would love to have been invited up to see Cakeb & Co. while they were in Mi. It was very odd and (of course) hurtful. No comment, no excuses, just didn't even seem to hear what I said - twice. He kept repeating that they won't be back in MI until Christmas. Sigh ...

Wishing everyone a truly enjoyable holiday weekend!
  • smack59
    smack59 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Hi gang! We're stopped for the night at a campground in Dubois, Wyoming after a beautiful drive today.

Patti, you motorcyclers would have loved it! US 34 between Estes Park and Loveland, CO runs right along the Big Thompson River and takes every curve the river does right through the canyon. Then US 287 through southern Wyoming takes you through beautiful ranch land with mountains in the back drop. It's exactly what comes to mind when you hear the words "Great American West". For a little girl who wanted to be a cowboy when she grew up, it was an absolute treat! Tomorrow, on into Grand Tetons. We decided to stop here tonight so we can arrive at the first come, first served NP campground early tomorrow and hopefully swoop in on a good spot.

As for my PM, everything is still being tracked honestly and I've had over 10,000 steps every day except yesterday and today. Was over 8,000 yesterday but won't make that today. I need to get rid of this cold so I can breathe again! Luckily, I don't feel bad, just stopped up and snotty. TMI...sorry.

Janet - I'm sorry your conversation with your brother resulted in more hurt feelings. I know you've been through a ton of medical stuff over the past year or two, but have you ever seen a counselor to talk through those family hurts. It seems you've had so much and undeservingly so. That must be a tremendous burden to you.

Cindy - enjoy the Cape. I've never been in your part of the country, but will get there sometime! We would love to do an extended New England fall foliage trip one of these days.

Karla - I hope Glenn's oral surgery goes well and the hurricane steers clear of your dad!

Bert - enjoy the family, sounds like you're ready for a ton of fun.

Waving hello to MaryLynn and Myra....

Suzi
  • luzingg
    Options
    Janet, I pray I never meet your brother, I fear it would not be pretty! I picture you looking very much like Audrey Hepburn in a wide brim hat and shades, looking oh so famous and mysterious. Good news on the appointment for your foot and ankle.

Suzi, I love the west. We took a trip out there last year with son and DIL. We were on our bikes pulling our pop up campers. We went from Ohio to Boulder, Estes, Jackson Hole, Yellowstone, Red Lodge Montana, Sturgis and more. The roads and sites are wonderful. The only place better is Utah, especially Zion, Bryce, Grande Escalante. I could ride forever out there. Now I am getting jealous, lol. Keep sharing your pics please.

Patti
  • KarlaLM58
    Options
    Good morning. We had a nice dinner a the Texas Roadhouse for my sweet Glenn. We picked Izzy up as she was so worried about PaPa. She said she wanted to be Doc Izzy for him. LOL. She asked ONE HUNDRED questions on why they were cutting four teeth out of PaPa. Had he eaten too many sweets? Did he not brush his teeth enough? Had his teeth turned brown? It was hilarious! Her and I stopped by the store and she told me she wanted to get PaPa a "well" card. She is such a blessing to us. We are getting ready now to go to the surgeon.

Suzi - I too am enjoying the pictures on Facebook. Glenn and I will take the Western tour when we retire next year. I want to see the Hearst Mansion, the California wine tours, the Redwood trees, the Grand Canyon, and Yellowstone Park also. Among others.

Janet - I will text you later on about Glenn's condition. Yes, you are Jackie-O!

Karla
  • luzingg
    Options
    Another day and I am still working my PM to the best of my ability. The weight is still off. I have a healthy plan for the weekend, now to just stick to it. The neighbor's always have so many goodies and push them constantly. Will be exercising my NO thank you muscle until it cramps. Eye appointment with Mom at 1pm. All prayers appreciated that they will be able to do something to improve her vision. Wish she would have told me when her vision went in the right eye. I won't leave her if she has any issues with the dilation. I told Edd he can go on to the cabin and I will join him but he wants to wait for me. The boat is already in the water so we can take an evening cruise if we get there late. My cousins are coming tomorrow. She has MS and has been having some severe back and leg pain. So she just wants to come down and chill out. We had to cancel our motorcycle rally that was scheduled for the 3rd week of Sept. Too many people are unable to make it for one reason or another. Just too much work to have nobody show up. While I am sad to not see our friends, I am relieved to take this off my plate. It is a huge amount of work for me. Instead we have just one guy coming. Someone we both truly enjoy and he just got a new BMW to ride. So something to look forward to instead of something I to dread.

Karla, Izzy just brings a smile to my face, what a sweetheart like her Grandma. Hope all goes well with Glenn. How did your dad fare through the storm? I have friends in Tallahassee and am anxiously waiting to hear they are ok.

Hi to the rest of the crew. Not sure when I will be back. Need to totally decompress this weekend to face the continuing drama here next week and for the weeks to come.

Patti
  • JP_in_KY
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Patti, hugs. Sometimes doing-doing-doing becomes counterproductive. Praying the doc can help your mom.

Karla, hope Glenn is doing well. The two of you are quite a pair -- hope to be able to insert the word "healthy" in that phrase soon! Which teeth are they pulling?

Suzi, mentally breathing the crisp, clean air out west as I look at your photos.

Myra, what's up for you this weekend?

Bert, I can picture you bustling happily around with the kids in tow.

Cindy, hoping you get great weather "down the Cape."

MaryLynn, hope you and Myron have a glorioius weekend!

Doing small things here -- threw windows open despite it being somewhat humid -- more tolerable temps can give me a few hours of fresh air and I'll close them once it gets warmer. Changed furnace filter this morning while AC was off. Luckily it's on my living level and I never have to go up the pull-down stairs to where the furnace is.

Back later -- much love to everyone!
  • JP_in_KY
    Options
    A happy bit of new here. My niece Julie, little Caleb's mother, will be giving him a baby brother or sister in March! It was a surprise to her, but a happy one, and of course I'm over the moon about it. Now if her morning sickness will just go away (took 14 weeks last time).
  • 68myra
    68myra Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    YAY! for new little siblings :)
    i anticipated a slow and rainy weekend here, but the sun is out already. so, i think our weekend plans are still up in the air. there is a harry potter movie marathon on TV, but I'd like to get my little girls outside since the weather has improved...... we shall see.
    a non-event weekend here, with both soccer and music lessons cancelled. I'm kinda at a loss, lol.

myra
  • KarlaLM58
    Options
    Good near afternoon my friends. It was a whirlwind day yesterday. Glenn did very well and slept most of the day. It was also JJ's birthday so he and Izzy came last night as Papa was feeling so much better, and we all had a grand time. Glenn even fooled JJ into thinking he needed to whisper something to him and rendered his birthday whops with the help of Isabella. It was all in fun, and all in the recliner. So very difficult to process that I have been a grandmother for 13 years! Where does this time go? Why so quickly?

Janet- I am so very happy for Caleb to have a sibling right away. It will be nice to share their life together. There were less than two years between a couple of my brothers. How us Jackie-O today?

Patti- Janet really nailed you when she said doing, doing, doing. You seem to be on a spin. What was the outcome of your mother's visit to the eye doctor? I wish you could share what has happened with Susie. If she is in danger can she move in with your mother and help her with her vision problems? I am telling my father he has to come move in with me if his one eye fails as he is already blind in the other eye. I have just been so worried about your sister.

Myra- Have the girls seen the secret lives of Pets? It is a cute movie.

We are having a dual party today. JJ's birthday and Roll Tide Alabama football afterwards!! Just family and my BFF Monica and hubby Steve. I made Glenn that soft cheesecake again yesterday. This morning Izzy and I made a banana nut bread and I have that Slow Cooker Chicken Crack in going now. lol . Have you seen on Facebook? It is two pounds of chicken, two eight ounce cream cheese and two packets of Ranch powdered dip seasoning. Cook in crockpot 6-8 on low.. Stir well after chicken is shredded and add crispy bacon. Low carb dish by itself. Or can serve on buns, on salad, on a wrap etc..

Yesterday was not a great eating day for me, but today has been good.

Karla
  • JP_in_KY
    Options
    Weird - apparently lost a post. Wasn't proud of my eating yesterday. Sigh.

Karla, that chicken sounds yummy and with reduced-fat cream cheese wouldn't be overly horrible.

Working on stuff here and watching football, going for a needed quiet weekend. Need to go out for a couple of things later but nothing urgent. Had windows open for 24 hours of fresh air but AC is back on. Wind from back of house blew my front door closed onto three fingers. Luckily it missed joints and didn't brea anything - just small cuts and some bruising. Whew!

Eyes are tired so going to rest them for a bit after the Michigan game.

Myra, I love Harry Potter and own all the movies. Planning to do a marathon some weekend this winter.
  • xjsjaguar
    xjsjaguar Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Good morning and Happy Labor Day, ladies!

Sorry for the long absence, I will try to catch up on all the latest as I scan your postings today.
    Just finished a nice brisk hike - just ahead of some predicted rain showers - and am bushed!
    We've been keeping busy with catching a few sports games, including college football, so I HAD to get out there earlier this time!

Hugs to all and keep moving forward one step at a time, my friends! Your progress is sure showing!

Love,
    MaryLynn
  • bertevans
    bertevans Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, Ladies. We had a fabulous weekend with our family. Lindsey and Justin flew in, and Dan, Annie, and the kids came down from Chicago. We had so much fun just being together. Saturday night was pizza night at Greg and Carrie's. The kids and some adults passed the football around. Sunday night, we all sat around the fire pit after a huge cook out and swimming. Now, I need more focussing on PM. Eating wasn't the best, so I'm back at it.

Patti: Congratulations on your weight loss!

Karla: The slow cooker chicken sounds great! I might want to try it.

Have a great day, everyone.

Bert