LCD Chat...

Options

Replies

• ProCoffeenator
    ProCoffeenator Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    It's Wicked Wednesday!

Sounds like my break time walking may be at risk due to weather for the rest of the week. I've learned to love my mid day walk. I'm much happier and less stressed when I have the chance to get out.

My egg issue lasted ALL day! It was terrible! I peeked in the kitchen and all I was able to notice was the eggs are liquid eggs. Maybe there is a chemical or something in it that disagrees with me? Think I will stick to my typical BPC from now on!

Hope everyone has a rain free day!!
  • Aquawave
    Aquawave Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Today is senior discount day at Kroger, so I will be shopping there for the stuff I can't buy at Costco. Mostly produce since the packages at Costco are way too large, can't fit nicely in my fridge, and spoil too rapidly if not eaten. My Costco list will include wild frozen cod fillets, wild shrimp, fresh baby spinach (to be made into creamed spinach with cream cheese-Yum), coffee, crates of eggs, and heavy whipping cream.
  • missippibelle
    missippibelle Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    We have a regional boss coming in today, so it will be hard to get away from my desk to eat breakfast. I am trying BPC today. It was very tasty! I have been HCLF for a few months. I am in a groove now with no carb cravings. I am trying to be better at listening to my hunger cues and be more strict on daily calories. I haven't really been posting a lot, but reading all your posts have been soooooo helpful. Thanks y'all!
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    Aquawave wrote: »
    Today is senior discount day at Kroger, so I will be shopping there for the stuff I can't buy at Costco. Mostly produce since the packages at Costco are way too large, can't fit nicely in my fridge, and spoil too rapidly if not eaten. My Costco list will include wild frozen cod fillets, wild shrimp, fresh baby spinach (to be made into creamed spinach with cream cheese-Yum), coffee, crates of eggs, and heavy whipping cream.

Sounds delicious.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    Nick Jonas has a song out called Bacon. Even he knows bacon is awesome! :D
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    This seems like the slowest week ever....not sure why. I'm stressed because my car has been in the shop for 2 weeks. I think I need to seriously consider replacing it sooner rather than later but adding a car payment will take almost allllllll my extra "fun" money. Ughhhh. Also I chipped a tooth last night and even though it's a super super tiny chip the tooth feels wrong and it's driving me nuts.

Hope everyone is having a good week!
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    Options
    anglyn1 wrote: »
    This seems like the slowest week ever....not sure why. I'm stressed because my car has been in the shop for 2 weeks. I think I need to seriously consider replacing it sooner rather than later but adding a car payment will take almost allllllll my extra "fun" money. Ughhhh. Also I chipped a tooth last night and even though it's a super super tiny chip the tooth feels wrong and it's driving me nuts.

I had been thinking about replacing my car for awhile... knowing that eventually I would have a car payment again. I've been saying for about 3 years that I'll replace it in "2 years." Last month, I noticed the right cars were available with a fantastic deal (0% APR) for the 2016's, so I went ahead and bought a new car. I was even nervous at the time and for the first week or 2, but I'm really starting to enjoy it.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    @midwesterner85 that's what my husband does when he pays a car off. I should have been saving but I have so little extra it was nice to enjoy life for a minute and I thought my current car had a whole lot more time. :(
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    Options
    @midwesterner85 that's what my husband does when he pays a car off. I should have been saving but I have so little extra it was nice to enjoy life for a minute and I thought my current car had a whole lot more time. :(

Yes, I should have been saving too, but have been putting money to other things. I had a decent down payment, but will still have a monthly car payment for awhile. Since I got the 0%, I'm not going to fret over paying this quickly. I have student loans at much higher interest rates that take priority. For the car, I will pay minimums for now.
  • Aquawave
    Aquawave Posts: 260 Member
    Options

Maybe your dentist can smooth it down?

We took a leap and bought a Prius in February and got a great deal since nobody seems to care about saving gas anymore. We kept our 2000 Chevy Truck and 2002 Honda Accord. The Prius is my hubby's car and the Honda is mine. The Truck, is well a truck, and used for camping and hauling big stuff when we need to. Would you believe we have about 100,000 miles on the Truck and 200,000 on the Honda? And they both run great!
  • mickigoad
    mickigoad Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I really need to be thinking of a new car too... my old girl is 13 years old this year... with nearly 124,000 miles on her... she had about 500 miles on her when I bought her in 2003... but I haven't done like I should have either... I spent what I would have on a car payment to hire a personal trainer until July of next year... so... I am going to have to either start working some extra hours or make this old girl last one more year... I hope you @midwesterner85 enjoy your new car and @anglyn1 I hope you still have at least a "little" fun money if you decide on a new car :)
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    Options
    @mickigoad I bought my last car - a 2009 - used in 2010 with 5K miles and it had 168K when I traded it in last month. I've driven it in 46 states (I have traveled to 48 states and D.C., but didn't have this car every time I have traveled). But I drive a lot of miles, so it isn't as easy to keep an older vehicle around for so many years after it is paid for. This prior car still ran fine, though it had some cosmetic and minor issues (worst was the hole in the coolant recovery tank). I don't know what the dealer will do with it, but it would be a good car for a teenage driver for going to school and back. But considering the cosmetic condition, they will probably junk it since it is a new car dealership.
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    So as most of you know we have dogs...and cats...and raccoons...and a pig and a horse out here on the ranch. The dogs come and go inside. I got so tired of always letting them in and out we put in a doggy door. Once they learned to use it all was great! Except, well, now they use it. They go out in the rain and come in muddy. They go out after a bath and roll in the sand. They go swimming in the pond and come in to dry off....sigh....

I've owned dogs since before I was old enough to walk and can't imagine a life without them. Usually one at a time. Here on the ranch we have 5. Yes, 5 and none of them are small. I've also always been the person who lets them on the furniture and up in my lap etc. Yep, I'm one of those people. Well, when you have one dog in an apartment, and he doesn't leave unless he's on a leash that's not really so bad.

Did I mention 5 dogs? A doggy door? The Ranch? Dead animals everywhere? Dogs like dead. They just do. Dead cows, roadkill, catching rats to kill and leave....dogs just like dead.

It's very sandy here and I have to sweep 3 times a day to keep the sand and the dog hair at bay. For a very long time we had two love seats with pull out beds in the living room and no other seating. They were hand me downs, old, and getting to the point of no return. The worst one we got rid of months ago. Down to one love seat for 4 people. We managed. Two weeks ago today I smelled the most horrible smell in the house. Like something died in the chimney -Rowdy took to the roof to check - nada. We could not find the smell anywhere. We pulled apart the love seat to find nothing. And the odor was clearly not coming from there when I sniffed closely. (I'm a nurse, I'll sniff anything). I hate this rumpled, old, sand filled, dirty love seat. Rowdy says to me "if you want it out of here, I'll get rid of it". I jumped on the offer since it was already pulled apart. Out it went. Within 30 minutes the putrid smell was gone. I still don't know how it could have been the love seat since I personally SNIFFED IT! Anyway... I pulled together a wooden rocker and an old desk chair and a bean bag to tide us over in the living room until we could get new seating.

Have you looked at furniture recently? Crimeny it's expensive! And as you know we are in the middle of a refi on the house...can't have anything hitting our credit right now...sigh....so we've suffered. Rowdy and I are both so old and worn out that we can't even sit for more than a minute in these seats - they are hard on our knees, backs, legs...it's just bad. We have taken to watching tv from bed now once dinner is over. That's something we've always done just before going to sleep but now there's no "family tv time" with the girls or game play on the PS3. On Sunday I spent the day at the Local Trade Days here in Canton. (Anyone within about 200 miles of me probably knows what I'm talking about) and found a wonderfully reasonable love seat, couch and rocker/recliner with an option for no credit check financing (yep, that can get expensive). It's microfiber - which is exactly what we need here on the ranch and it's being delivered tomorrow.

Before we tossed the old love seat I spent lots of time giving the pups their own place to lay - an old mattress, their own blankets and pillows...but they still hopped up on the love seat. Ok...how in the *kitten* do I keep the freaking dogs off my new furniture since they are so acclimated to climbing on the old stuff??? Can you imagine going through this all again?!
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    We buy new, try to maintain them well but drive them until the wheels fall off. I have a 2002 with just over 150k miles. My husband has a 2004 with close to 200k miles. I'll baby mine as long as I can. <3
  • petunia773
    petunia773 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    RowdysLady wrote: »
    So as most of you know we have dogs...and cats...and raccoons...and a pig and a horse out here on the ranch. The dogs come and go inside. I got so tired of always letting them in and out we put in a doggy door. Once they learned to use it all was great! Except, well, now they use it. They go out in the rain and come in muddy. They go out after a bath and roll in the sand. They go swimming in the pond and come in to dry off....sigh....

I've owned dogs since before I was old enough to walk and can't imagine a life without them. Usually one at a time. Here on the ranch we have 5. Yes, 5 and none of them are small. I've also always been the person who lets them on the furniture and up in my lap etc. Yep, I'm one of those people. Well, when you have one dog in an apartment, and he doesn't leave unless he's on a leash that's not really so bad.

Did I mention 5 dogs? A doggy door? The Ranch? Dead animals everywhere? Dogs like dead. They just do. Dead cows, roadkill, catching rats to kill and leave....dogs just like dead.

It's very sandy here and I have to sweep 3 times a day to keep the sand and the dog hair at bay. For a very long time we had two love seats with pull out beds in the living room and no other seating. They were hand me downs, old, and getting to the point of no return. The worst one we got rid of months ago. Down to one love seat for 4 people. We managed. Two weeks ago today I smelled the most horrible smell in the house. Like something died in the chimney -Rowdy took to the roof to check - nada. We could not find the smell anywhere. We pulled apart the love seat to find nothing. And the odor was clearly not coming from there when I sniffed closely. (I'm a nurse, I'll sniff anything). I hate this rumpled, old, sand filled, dirty love seat. Rowdy says to me "if you want it out of here, I'll get rid of it". I jumped on the offer since it was already pulled apart. Out it went. Within 30 minutes the putrid smell was gone. I still don't know how it could have been the love seat since I personally SNIFFED IT! Anyway... I pulled together a wooden rocker and an old desk chair and a bean bag to tide us over in the living room until we could get new seating.

Have you looked at furniture recently? Crimeny it's expensive! And as you know we are in the middle of a refi on the house...can't have anything hitting our credit right now...sigh....so we've suffered. Rowdy and I are both so old and worn out that we can't even sit for more than a minute in these seats - they are hard on our knees, backs, legs...it's just bad. We have taken to watching tv from bed now once dinner is over. That's something we've always done just before going to sleep but now there's no "family tv time" with the girls or game play on the PS3. On Sunday I spent the day at the Local Trade Days here in Canton. (Anyone within about 200 miles of me probably knows what I'm talking about) and found a wonderfully reasonable love seat, couch and rocker/recliner with an option for no credit check financing (yep, that can get expensive). It's microfiber - which is exactly what we need here on the ranch and it's being delivered tomorrow.

Before we tossed the old love seat I spent lots of time giving the pups their own place to lay - an old mattress, their own blankets and pillows...but they still hopped up on the love seat. Ok...how in the *kitten* do I keep the freaking dogs off my new furniture since they are so acclimated to climbing on the old stuff??? Can you imagine going through this all again?!

I just dropped $2,000 on new furniture, couch, loveseat, rocker recliner, 2 end tables, coffee table, 2 lamps, rug and throw. I have been waiting impatiently for my ex-bf to FINALLY move himself and the dog out of my house since the end of June and he finally did on Saturday! I had picked out the set a while back and was just waiting for him to be gone to move it in because there was NO WAY IN HELL I was going to move it in with his 120 pound Mastiff (wrinkles, hair, drool) still living in my house Good luck with keeping the puppies off the furniture. I feel your pain. Plus...he asked if I wanted to buy the sectional from him that had been in the living room...uh...no thanks!! It's totally trashed from the dog and my sons. LOL! Now the boys won't be able to eat or drink anything in my living room.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    @RowdysLady. It was so nice of you to get new furniture for your fur babies ;)
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    kpk54 wrote: »
    @RowdysLady. It was so nice of you to get new furniture for your fur babies ;)

LMAO! You bite... :blush:
  • kmn118
    kmn118 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Best advice I have to offer is... get some decorative fabric and run up some throws for the new furniture... try to keep the dogs on the throws when they're sitting with their slaves... umm family. :)
  • ProCoffeenator
    ProCoffeenator Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    It's Thriller Thursday!!

Yup it's that crazy day again! Numbers will be high at work again... People are back to being stressed out after the rumor mill let the news out of our new staff member being let go. Pure joy!

Another restless night for me. Not sure why but the last two nights I've been tossing and turning. I'm thinking it's the mysterious weight loss and mattress dilemma. I think this weekend I'll turn it and See if that makes a difference.

Have a great day everyone!