OMG ~ Discussions Starting 1-11-16 and Beyond

Options

Replies

• cindyr619
    cindyr619 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies-
    Vacation day for me and I'm easing into it- got up later than planned but have wash whirling and coffee to my right.
    I'm going to move up my nails to earlier and hit the grocery store for a couple of items i Need two cards for Rick, one Christmas and birthday- he's a new years baby.
    He's struggling again- missing his youngest son, who still isn't speaking to him from the divorce and father who passed 18 years ago, He knows it and is trying to break out of the funk. But based on history it won't be until all events are passed that he'll feel better. I still enjoy the family events and realized I can't help him but keep an eye on him.
    I made a pot of WW veggie soup but it is a little blah- not sure what I missed. I'll eat it anyway- lol very healthy.
    I'm off to eat shredded wheat- and a banana. Concentrating on good health food.
    Karla- that cracker toffee looks divine.
    Karla- welcome home. Glad time with Caleb was hugged filled.
    Patti- treasure each moment with Mom during this special time.
    Bert- how was the cantina?
    MaryLynn- how are preparations coming along?
    Well I'll talk to you soon.
    Enjoy your day.
    Cindy
  • luzingg
    luzingg Posts: 1,678 Member
    Options
    Janet, welcome home. Wish you didn't have to drive so far but I know that Caleb time is worth it. Be kind to yourself and rest when you can.

Bert, so glad you weren't hurt when you fell. Hope that Mike's fix is non surgical. I love the "sung out". Enjoy your treadmill time.

Cindy, it sounds like you are getting healthier in mind and body. Understanding that you cannot fix Rick is a giant step. Support and love him, and I know you are doing that. Enjoy your vacation day. If your soup is bland punch it up with some heat like green chilies or cayenne pepper, if you like hot stuff. Or maybe add some garlic pepper, celery seed, cumin, oregano or basil. Just some thoughts. Also just a touch of salt can really amp up the flavor.

Heading out into the f oxen tundra to get my groceries and do a few errands. Then home for laundry and gift wrapping. Tomorrow I hit Kohls to use my $20 gift card (gift from Kohls for being a customer for 20 years) and a 30%off coupon. I desperately need a new winter coat and the last few gifts I need to buy.

Karla, your cracker crack looks wonderful. I dare not make it for fear of how much I will eat. Never had it with white chocolate but will have to give it a try. I make a mix with Ritz bits peanut butter and s'mores cracker, peanuts and pretzels and cover it in white chocolate. You can pretty much cover anything with white chocolate and it tastes good, lol.

Patti
  • xjsjaguar
    xjsjaguar Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Good morning, ladies,

Well, it is Monday the 19th already! In the past 365 days many new habits have been forming for us and both hubby and myself. The greatest gift we have given one another is a deep loving support and encouragement. Some of the results include leaving 21 lbs. in the past. Other blessings include a higher level of fitness, greater muscle mass, energy and optimism. Since joining MFP, my total fat loss is 44 lbs. (so far) and God willing this trend will continue. That does sound kinda weird, I know, but I believe that as a lovingly created being, my life is still in his hands. We don't know what the future holds, but we know who holds the future.

While we both enjoy meal preparation, meal planning, plating and presentation has been in my corner and I've chosen to build meals around a wide variety of veggies, fruits and lean protein.

We are so fortunate to have access to fresh, clean water and food. So many simply do not.

When I choose to "lift weights", I realize that there are many women who are lifting much heavier water filled containers and re-tracing their many steps back home to care for family.

While I reach into the fridge or pantry to grab food, I realize that so many families spend their whole day hunting or fishing for sustenance and finding precious little to feed a true hunger.

When we encounter "health issues", we are able to access medical professionals and hospitals.

While we have real concerns about our loved ones, they are not violently ripped from our arms.

When we select what to wear while critiquing our form, others have 1 garment and no choice.

While there is so little I can do to change the struggles for others in this world, I can put mine into perspective through their eyes. My "battle against the bulge" truly pales in comparison.

I'm grateful for each of you and for this shared journey. May we all focus on finishing well.

May the grace you've been given be enough to birth a huge smile of thankfulness on your day.

Hugs,
    MaryLynn
  • xjsjaguar
    xjsjaguar Posts: 300 Member
    Options
  • luzingg
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Mary Lynn, you moved me to tears. I will try to remember your words and these pictures if I ever think I don't have enough, when I think I am not enough and when I think I have not given enough, so I can give more. You are truly a blessing in my life and I feel humbled in your presence.
    Patti
  • JP_in_KY
    JP_in_KY Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    MaryLynn, tears here too - we all have more blessings than we can ever count. We all love you! Bert, what was the cantata? Didn't sound familiar. Karla, I could see Glenn loved the chocolate! Cindy, you're doing SO well! Patti, reading about you and your mom together warms my heart.

Eating here has been so-so but not hungry tonight. Must also wrap the gifts I'll send Priority Mail in the morning. The rest of the wrapping will happen later. Garage door fixed and the kid changed battery in garage smoke detector.
  • bertevans
    bertevans Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, Ladies. I'm heading back to Walmart as I realized when I got home that I left a bag of groceries still at the cash register. I usually check them all, but thought I had all of them. I called the office and they will give me credit to "purchase" them again. I'm glad I called.

Mary Lynn: What a wonderful post. All we need to do is turn around.....our problems are minor compared to what others have to endure.

Mike is having orthoscopic on his knee on January 12: torn miniscus and arthritis. This is is first surgery, so prayers are welcome for him AND me. He's not the best patient! :open_mouth:

I'm going to take my measurements today to see if I've made any progress. I endured the treadmill yesterday and got 10,000+K for the day. Have a great day, everyone!

Bert
  • KarlaLM58
    KarlaLM58 Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies. The countdown is on cultimating to the end of the week and the end of this holiday season. Friday will be Glenn's last day at work until the first of February. He, too, will be facing his surgery on January 6h.

Bert - Men are definiely not the best patients!! I know what you mean when you mention praying for YOU. LOL. I said that once in my ladies Sunday class and hey all cracked up, bu tundersood. lol.

Mary Lynn- We absolutely are grafeful for you and what we have and must keep it in perspective as we see other countries have so little. What is going on over in Aleppo is atrocious. Seeing the people loaded in wheelchair running or pushing for their lives. You have really accomplished a lot this year with 21 pounds off and strength building. We are so blessed to have you in our group.

Cindy - I think of you and your family unit often and pray for you unity and hope that you are not lonely this holiday season. I know you know what I mean.

Patti - Yes, that CHRISTMAS TOFFEE is out of this world and the white chocolate is ten-fold better than the milk chocolate. Everyone loved it. I really don't like calling it crack. LOL. Thank you for the beautiful card.

Janet - I know you have a busy week getting ready to ravel back o you family, mailing packages and wrapping your presents to take. Take care and try to minimize you pain level. You knw I will be praying for you.

I'm excited that Mobile is restoring their railroad passenger service. Glenn and I really want to utilize this service to ravel upon his retirement. We have tons of points to ravel with as we did not travel much this year.

My cleaning ladies come today and I have them their Christmas bonus and some snacks for a thank you. They do such a great job.

Have a great day everyone, and blessings to all.

Karla

• KarlaLM58
    Options
    one more thing..

I ordered the Amazon Stick with the Alexa voice remote. It is to die for. Of course Izzy is crazy about it. She presses the button and says "Alexa,,play "Can't Stop The Feeling" and dances all over the living room to the Justin Timberlake song. It is awesome. You can search movies, play music, ask about your local weather. It search all services too. Whether you have neteflix or Amazon, etc. I love it!

It was an early present to Glenn and I.

Karla
  • JP_in_KY
    JP_in_KY Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Karla, train travel is cool - a friend and I took the train across Canada. That candy would be great with dark chocolate (not a fan of milk chocolate here). Only Christmas bonus I have to give yet is cat sitter. Bert AND Karla, best of luck with your husbands' surgery - men really ARE terrible patients (nurse Patti, you must have tales ...)

Wrapped all that needs to get sent off and am about to get dressed and send them Priority Mail so I know they will arrive before Christmas. Vast majority of wrapping yet to come - ah, the glorious mess! Gotta run - check in later. Sending love, hugs and the wish that we each say NO to one not-great-for-us thing today, whatever that may be.
  • cindyr619
    Options
    Hi Ladies-
    All is well here but bitterly cold- I just read the epilogue of Fall with me to a co-worker and she said I gave her chills- in a good way. So I'm going back to rewrite- chapter 28 and then send it off for the next phase- should be this week.
    MaryLynn- you're posts were thought provoking and an excellent reminder we are truly blessed to live in the USA- have enough to eat and a roof over our heads.
    Karla- Izzy dancing around must be wonderful to watch
    Patti- did you find a coat?
    Janet- I too love dark chocolate- so yummy- I choose not to make Karla's Crack- for no other reason that I would eat with abandon- I've had it once and it was heavenly. So I must abstain. I have enough cookies to stay away from - lol
    Bert- Mike is in my prayers, as is Glenn and yes men are terrible patients.
    Need to run- but in case the week gets away from me-

I wanted to thank each of you for what you have brought to my life. Your support, guidance, example and friendship means to the world to me. I pray we can meet at some point, maybe in 2017 if it is the right time for us all.

Until later
    Cindy
  • luzingg
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Late checkin, it has been a looooooong day. I got laundry started then headed to kohls. Found a very nice winter coat, with the sale, coupon and 30% off it was $42! It is their Apartment 9 brand and was originally $180, but you never pay full price for anything at kohls, lol. Got the last of the gifts and while I was standing in line to pay I got called in to work. Ended up working from 4-11:30pm and logged 19k steps for the day. I worked with 2 ladies that really know their stuff so I learned a lot despite being super busy. So tomorrow I HAVE to get these gifts wrapped and finish the laundry. I work Thursday and Friday. Told the boss I would be home if she needs me tomorrow, not sure that was my best move.

Cindy, it is getting closer to the next book. It feels like forever since the last one. You know that book really spoke to me.

Janet, i love dark chocolate, not a big milk chocolate fan. I made the cracker toffee with semisweet morsels. Did you get pics of Caleb on your whirlwind trip?

Bert, sorry to hear that Mike needs surgery. Men can try your patience, that is for sure. I am truly blessed that Edd is an unusually good patient. He follows directions well and did his exercises religiously after his knee surgeries and replacements. He just can't stand being Immobile and understood the fastest way to full recovery was following the rules.

Karla, I know Glenn will sail through his surgery with flying colors. That Amazon stick thing sounds like fun, glad Izzy found her song!

I am beat, so until tomorrow
    Patti
  • cindyr619
    Options
    Hi Girls-
    Last day of work for me until 2017-
    I will rework chapter 28 today and then revisit 1-6 one last time. This edit has taken a long time in my world but I think in reality I did pretty good. Then it goes to my GF in Florida for a read and input- so we'll see. Em really likes this book and the photo shoot is after the first of the year.
    Patti- I'm so happy that you still feel good about the last book- you're story inspired me in part and the rest just flowed.
    Rick worked late last night so no counseling session- it was postponed until after the new year. I think its best since he is really in a December/Holiday funk- not as early as last year tho- so maybe there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
    I'll check back in later-
    Cindy
  • luzingg
    Options
    Oh my those extra hours yesterday took a toll on my feet. Woke me up during the night they were aching so bad. But I did not let it deter me for the day. I did, however, turn down some extra hours of work today. Just had to stay home and get things done. I finished the laundry and got all the presents wrapped. Now taking a short break before I tackle some cooking and prep for my part in the holiday meals. I Edd and I don't usually exchange gifts but I found him a couple of hats I couldn't resist. Being bald he needs to keep his noggin covered and happens to look good in hats.

Cindy, it is good to see you finding some silver linings in your life. Enjoy your time off and enjoy your LR time as a gift to yourself.

Hope you are all finding som joy this season.
    Patti
  • KarlaLM58
    Options
    Patti - I saw the
  • KarlaLM58
    Options
    Geez, lost my long post!!

Patti- I saw your
  • bertevans
    bertevans Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, Ladies. We celebrated Christmas at our house with Greg, Carrie, Jillian, and Cole. We had fun even though it was just us. Jillian and Cole are coming this morning so Greg and Carrie can put toys together. Geez, whatever happened to Christmas Eve 2:00 am? That's when we did it. :D We will Skype with Dan, Annie, Dylan, and Penny on Christmas Day while we are at Greg and Carrie's. Have a great day, everyone! I'm going to try to make healthy choices in my eating today. Breakfast is tracked.

Bert

• cindyr619
    Options
    HI Girls-
    I'm sipping coffee and slow to get my butt in gear- at least washer is working- lol
    I have to make peanut butter balls for Em's Jim and then a coffee cake for breakfast on Christmas. I toyed with the idea of ordering a dozen gourmet donuts but this will be better overall and save me some $$- they live up to their name in price and taste but I can make a mean coffee cake.
    Patti- glad you took time for you and got some things done. I wish I could get Rick agree to no gifts but he goes into overdrive at this time and thinks we should for everyone. I'm slowly trimming him back, reminding him he wants to retire in 4 years and we need to have the house paid off or darn near close. I have another 10-12 years to work but don't want to be over burdened with my paycheck as the primary income.
    Bert- saw the pics on FB- so darn cute. You are blessed...
    Janet- if you're out there I hope time with the kids was amazing
    Karla- sorry your having posting issues.
    Need to have b-fast and get my butt in gear.
    Hugs to all
    Cindy