Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• FitCurves1818
    FitCurves1818 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    W3D1 complete! I was nervous because I've never ran for 3 minutes straight, but dare I say it was easy, peasy this morning! So hoping this program gets me to something resembling a runner!
  • upsaluki
    upsaluki Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Aine8046 wrote: »
    upsaluki wrote: »
    Hi everyone! I was a runner, but had a long break and try to get back in shape! Use c25k twice, both times worked like magic :) So, I registered for a 5k on March 25th :)
    Week 1 day 2 is done.

Nice. The soonest I can get into one is April 1. There is an 8k race later in February I'd like to do, but I don't think I'll be ready for it by then. I'll just have to see how it's going.

Did you check this out? I can find a 5k race nearly every week within 30 miles from where I live :)
    http://www.runningintheusa.com/Race/Default.aspx
    Thanks. After I made my comment I realized that I was thinking it would take me longer to get through the C25K program. I used that site to pick out quite a few goal races, including one in mid March.
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    showjumper wrote: »
    Well it's been a tough week both emotionally and mentally for me... but I made the conscious decision to run tonight... so I did! And yes I feel better!

W5D2 done.... not thinking I can manage the 20 min run in the evening so I will repeat tonight on Thursday and do the dreaded 20 min run on Saturday morning.... then hopefully life will resemble something close to normal next week and I can do M-W and Saturday and conquer week 6 and be on my way to a full 5km run by

I've been running for several years now and it still amazes me how much energy running gives to you. I remember days when I come home after a long and tiring day at work thinking "well, maybe I'll skip it tonight?" And then I still go running and in an hour I am a different person - energized and happy! :)
  • Aine8046
    Options
    I'm right there with you! Week 5 Day 1 done today, day 2 will be done on Wed and then I'm on vacay for a week so I'll redo this week when I get back. Which means I have time before the 20m run. I can't for the life of me understand why there's such a big jump in week 5?! Why from 5m run to 20m? Why not 10m?

Maybe to give you some confidence that you can? ;)
  • Aine8046
    Options
    CM_73 wrote: »
    Hey all, just wanted to check in.
    Totally new to running, I'm one of those people who just can't do it... so signed up for a 5K at the end of April!
    Today is day 2 of week 2 for me, loving it so far.

Everyone can do it! Keep pushing! :)
  • Aine8046
    Options
    ckp82 wrote: »
    W2d2 done. No more aching ankles, still need to work on pace and breathing properly though. Bit icy too at the moment!

Did you try treadmill? I love running outside, but do the treadmill if it's icy :)
  • Aine8046
    Options
    W3D1 complete! I was nervous because I've never ran for 3 minutes straight, but dare I say it was easy, peasy this morning! So hoping this program gets me to something resembling a runner!

Awesome! :)
  • CM_73
    CM_73 Posts: 554 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Totally new to running, I'm one of those people who just can't do it... so signed up for a 5K at the end of April!

Thank you!

W2D2 complete :)
    Must remember to take some gloves next time though, running in freezing fog with bare hands is overrated!
  • Slimjimjellybelly
    Slimjimjellybelly Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    ckp82 wrote: »
    W2d2 done. No more aching ankles, still need to work on pace and breathing properly though. Bit icy too at the moment!

Did you try treadmill? I love running outside, but do the treadmill if it's icy :)

I do the c25k outside but I like to do a bit of cross trainer each night in the comfort of my home.

• upsaluki
    Options
    Week 4 is all done. On to week 5.
  • Aine8046
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Week 2 Day 1 is done. Nice and easy :)
  • Aine8046
    Options

Thank you!

Must remember to take some gloves next time though, running in freezing fog with bare hands is overrated!

Cool! I am catching up with you! :)
  • CM_73
    CM_73 Posts: 554 Member
    Options

Thank you!

Cool! I am catching up with you! :)

I've slipped away again! (just)

Week 2, day 3 complete! which is week 2 completed altogether now :)

Bring on week 3! (as long as it doesn't hurt)
  • khogue1990
    khogue1990 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello! New to this group and I completed Week 2 Day 2 this morning! When I did Day 1 of this week I kept checking the time, because it felt too difficult. Today I didn't have to check the time at all, because it seemed so much easier! I'm excited to continue training!
  • emerrywe
    emerrywe Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I finished Week 3 on Sunday and haven't put my shoes on since. Going to get back on the horse tonight.
  • Slimjimjellybelly
    Slimjimjellybelly Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    W2d3 done, week 2 complete!
  • woodwardtm
    woodwardtm Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Week 5, Day 1 complete. It felt fantastic! I wish there were a few more of those before the dreaded 20 minute run. I remember failing at that the first time around 3 years ago and don't want to fail again. I guess that means I just have to be mentally strong and push through it.
  • upsaluki
    Options
    emerrywe wrote: »
    I finished Week 3 on Sunday and haven't put my shoes on since. Going to get back on the horse tonight.

Once you get moving it'll be easy again. Breaking through my slothfulness is the toughest part.
  • upsaluki
    Options
    woodwardtm wrote: »
    Week 5, Day 1 complete. It felt fantastic! I wish there were a few more of those before the dreaded 20 minute run. I remember failing at that the first time around 3 years ago and don't want to fail again. I guess that means I just have to be mentally strong and push through it.

As long as you keep moving the whole time you've passed. It doesn't matter how fast you do it. I'm sure you'll make it.
  • upsaluki
    Options
    W5D1 done. 26 miles ran for the month of January (including warm-up/cool downs). This year is off to a pretty good start.