Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    khogue1990 wrote: »
    Hello! New to this group and I completed Week 2 Day 2 this morning! When I did Day 1 of this week I kept checking the time, because it felt too difficult. Today I didn't have to check the time at all, because it seemed so much easier! I'm excited to continue training!

I am with you! Week 2 Day 2 is done! :)
  • Aine8046
    Options
    woodwardtm wrote: »
    Week 5, Day 1 complete. It felt fantastic! I wish there were a few more of those before the dreaded 20 minute run. I remember failing at that the first time around 3 years ago and don't want to fail again. I guess that means I just have to be mentally strong and push through it.

Congrats! Do not think too much about 20 min run - just push through! :)
  • emerrywe
    emerrywe Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Week4Day1 done. I started running when it said "halfway there" so I ran almost 18 minutes total! Hard to believe!
  • khogue1990
    khogue1990 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    W2D3 complete! Felt pretty positive that I can go for the 3 minutes next week. Bring on Week 3!
  • Aine8046
    Options
    khogue1990 wrote: »
    W2D3 complete! Felt pretty positive that I can go for the 3 minutes next week. Bring on Week 3!
    Same here! Week 2 complete and ready for Week 3!
  • Slimjimjellybelly
    Slimjimjellybelly Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    W3d1 done
  • CM_73
    CM_73 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    W3D1 complete.

Bit of a shocker running 3 minutes continuously, but it was fine.
  • Slimjimjellybelly
    Slimjimjellybelly Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    CM_73 wrote: »
    W3D1 complete.

The 3 minute walk made up for it though
  • Merry_rah
    Merry_rah Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I fell off the wagon for a few months, just running enough to maintain the week 5 level. I'm going to start at W6D1 tomorrow to get the push I need to improve my endurance!
  • upsaluki
    upsaluki Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    W5D2 in the books. My phone crashed halfway. I think my battery is on it's way out, and it wasn't liking the cold (6 f). Time to dig out the old Garmin watch.
  • nicruns
    nicruns Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    LOVE seeing all of the motivation & progress in this thread!
    I used to run quite a bit, but I've fallen out of it (and definitely fallen out of love with the sport).
    But I want to get back into it.
    So today after work, I will return to the treadmill
    (yikes)
    THANK YOU for the inspiration, and I'm looking forward to being able to contribute to the discussions going forward!
  • upsaluki
    upsaluki Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    woodwardtm wrote: »
    Week 5, Day 2 complete. It felt like a struggle in the first run but I got through it. My brain was just making excuses not to do it. LOL It's too cold. The legs are weary. Whatever...I pushed through and completed it. Truly hoping for a warmer day for the Week 5, Day 3 run but I doubt that will happen. It is winter after all. Keep putting one foot in front of the other everyone!

Haha. Good attitude. I was all put out because my electronics went down. If I don't get the miles into my strava app I feel like they never happened. The run itself felt good, so at least I had that. Are you doing W5D3 on Wednesday?
  • Merry_rah
    Merry_rah Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    W6D1 complete! I had to swap around some of the run/walk segments due to a nasty hill, but overall ran 3.8km (2.4mi) in 31 mins. Feeling happy!
  • emerrywe
    emerrywe Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    W4D2 Down! The 5 minute runs are getting easier. Good thing. Hard to beleive that next week I am to run 20 mins. But I did get through 3.5km in the half hour, so I can see how running continuously could see you run 5k in 30 mins. Pretty cool!
  • Aine8046
    Options
    ckp82 wrote: »
    W3d1 done
    Great! And I am with you! W3D1 is done! Nice and easy! :)

• Aine8046
    edited February 2017
    Options
    CM_73 wrote: »
    W3D1 complete.

Feels awesome, agreed! :)
  • Aine8046
    Options
    upsaluki wrote: »
    W5D2 in the books. My phone crashed halfway. I think my battery is on it's way out, and it wasn't liking the cold (6 f). Time to dig out the old Garmin watch.

I cannot believe you run in such cold!