Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    woodwardtm wrote: »
    Week 5, Day 2 complete. It felt like a struggle in the first run but I got through it. My brain was just making excuses not to do it. LOL It's too cold. The legs are weary. Whatever...I pushed through and completed it. Truly hoping for a warmer day for the Week 5, Day 3 run but I doubt that will happen. It is winter after all. Keep putting one foot in front of the other everyone!

Bad runs happen! This is how you learn enjoy the good runs later! :)
  • Aine8046
    Options
    emerrywe wrote: »
    W4D2 Down! The 5 minute runs are getting easier. Good thing. Hard to beleive that next week I am to run 20 mins. But I did get through 3.5km in the half hour, so I can see how running continuously could see you run 5k in 30 mins. Pretty cool!

Awesome! :)
  • Aine8046
    Options
    Merry_rah wrote: »
    W6D1 complete! I had to swap around some of the run/walk segments due to a nasty hill, but overall ran 3.8km (2.4mi) in 31 mins. Feeling happy!
    I did it too quite a few times :)
  • khogue1990
    khogue1990 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    W3D1 complete! I fell while rollerblading yesterday and didn't really feel it until I started jogging. Not the best of days, but it should be better next time!
  • Aine8046
    Options
    khogue1990 wrote: »
    W3D1 complete! I fell while rollerblading yesterday and didn't really feel it until I started jogging. Not the best of days, but it should be better next time!

Nice! Looks like there is a whole crew of Week 3 runners here! :)
  • CM_73
    CM_73 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    W3D2 complete!

It amazes me just how different it can feel each time, today I was really disappointed when the timer went off at the end of each run as I felt like I could have run a marathon.
    Other times, I've got the paramedics in standby when I slip my shoes one!
  • CM_73
    CM_73 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    ^^ Sorry about all the typo's, that session obviously hit me a lot harder than I thought!
  • woodwardtm
    woodwardtm Posts: 361 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I did indeed do W5D3 today! It was amazing to think that 5 weeks ago 1 minute was difficult and today I got through 20 straight minutes. My all run mile was at a 10:20 pace too so that felt good. I am not back to where I was yet but working on it week by week!

• upsaluki
    upsaluki Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I did indeed do W5D3 today! It was amazing to think that 5 weeks ago 1 minute was difficult and today I got through 20 straight minutes. My all run mile was at a 10:20 pace too so that felt good. I am not back to where I was yet but working on it week by week!

Good to hear. I knocked my W5D3 out also, but my pace was 11:30. It'll get better over time and with a little less weight to haul around. Right now my goal is to just keep moving.

Great job everyone!
  • FitCurves1818
    FitCurves1818 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    W4D1 complete. Getting thru the 5 min portions were difficult and I feel like I'm running extremely slow compared to everyone else. I guess I'll have to wait until next week to see how fast my mile run is.
  • emerrywe
    emerrywe Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Week 4 complete! This one felt great. Made sure to not have much food in my stomach. Finished strong. When I heard the one minute left prompt I dug in and ran, uphill no less!
  • jennypapage
    jennypapage Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    good job everyone!that w5d3 was scary for me too,but now 20' seems like nothing when you can go on for an hour and a half. Also, do not worry about speed at all.When i finished c25k my 5k time was 45', now (4 months later),it's 36' and there's stll room for improvement.
  • khogue1990
    Options
    Week 3 Day 2 complete! I agree with @CM_73 about the crazy difference between Day 1 and 2. Didn't feel as hard to complete those 3 min jogs!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    W4D1 complete. Getting thru the 5 min portions were difficult and I feel like I'm running extremely slow compared to everyone else. I guess I'll have to wait until next week to see how fast my mile run is.

Don't compare yourself to others and don't worry about speed. You are building stamina. Speed will come later!
  • woodwardtm
    Options
    upsaluki wrote: »

Good to hear. I knocked my W5D3 out also, but my pace was 11:30. It'll get better over time and with a little less weight to haul around. Right now my goal is to just keep moving.

Great job everyone!

My overall pace was 11:15 for W5D3. That 10:20 was only my second mile that was all running. I too am hoping that if I can lose some weight, my pace may get faster.

W6D1 completed today as it is suppose to be colder yet tomorrow.

Keep up the good work everyone!
  • Aine8046
    Options
    W3D2 done!
  • Aine8046
    Options

Great job everyone!

My overall pace was 11:15 for W5D3. That 10:20 was only my second mile that was all running. I too am hoping that if I can lose some weight, my pace may get faster.

Wow, you are fast! My running pace is 11:00 and overall is 13:00. I usually run at 10 min/mile - hopefully I'll get there soon!
  • woodwardtm
    Options
    Aine8046 wrote: »

Great job everyone!

Wow, you are fast! My running pace is 11:00 and overall is 13:00. I usually run at 10 min/mile - hopefully I'll get there soon!

Thanks. I don't feel fast when comparing myself to other runners in the area. LOL I basically have one pace and that is it. No fast, no kick, just plod along one foot in front of the other to get it done. It seems to work for me.

Your pace seems about right for the week of the program you are at. It will get better and better as your run times get longer. Don't fret.
  • upsaluki
    upsaluki Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Wk 6 D1 is all done.
  • khogue1990
    Options
    Week 3 Day 3 complete!