What do we want to acheive today?

Replies

• MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,428 Member
    Thanks, still going strong. There's at least 3 or 4 king cakes a week at work. Omg.
  • Farback
    Farback Posts: 1,063 Member
    edited January 2017
    This is what happens if you park in firefighter parking.

wud9tpvny1s8.jpg

Training actually. Pumper run by the oldest active firefighter in the department

2wa15snbf2q6.jpg
  • BBee5064
    BBee5064 Posts: 1,020 Member
    Farback you are living the dream
  • BBee5064
    Today i'm calorie counting. I need to get back to logging every thing.

Hope you all have a great Wednesday
  • Farback
    Farback Posts: 1,063 Member
    BBee5064 wrote: »

You're right. Going on 26 years, it's still as exciting and rewarding as when I started. I said to my wife after training this week, that I'm still loving it, and you can't get these highs (and lows, but that's the balance) from being in the Lion's Club. I'll continue as long as I can contribute.
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 12,898 Member
    Farback wrote: »
    BBee5064 wrote: »

You're right. Going on 26 years, it's still as exciting and rewarding as when I started. I said to my wife after training this week, that I'm still loving it, and you can't get these highs (and lows, but that's the balance) from being in the Lion's Club. I'll continue as long as I can contribute.

Come on now... Bingo Night at the Lion's Club is just as good a rope rescue... well, as long as the bar doesn't run out of your favourite beer.
  • curvygirl512
    curvygirl512 Posts: 423 Member
    Today is hubby's birthday. I'm going to try to stay under my calorie goal, and won't have the time to fit in exercise to up the calorie total. Even if I do go over, it will be the first time in a long time.
  • HappyTrails7
    HappyTrails7 Posts: 878 Member
    I went to my first "Float Spa" encounter today. I loved it. :)
    First time I've felt totally unplugged since I can remember.
  • UncleMac

Is that the sensory deprivation salt bath type? It looks interesting.
  • HappyTrails7
    HappyTrails7 Posts: 878 Member
    edited February 2017
    UncleMac wrote: »

Yes, it is also called a Sensory-Deprivation Tank. You float in an enclosed tank of warm saltwater (800 lbs of epsom salt) with the option of total darkness and no sound, soft light and music, or a combination thereof. I went the total darkness, no sound route. You acquire a sense of weightlessness. It's the first time I felt unplugged in quite some time. The hour was up before I knew it and I came out totally relaxed. I recommended it to my sister who has chronic arthritis as it supposedly helps joint and nerve pain as well.
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac wrote: »

Yes, it is also called a Sensory-Deprivation Tank. You float in an enclosed tank of warm saltwater (800 lbs of epsom salt) with the option of total darkness and no sound, soft light and music, or a combination thereof. I went the total darkness, no sound route. You acquire a sense of weightlessness. It's the first time I felt unplugged in quite some time. The hour was up before I knew it and I came out totally relaxed. I recommended it to my sister who has chronic arthritis as it supposedly helps joint and nerve pain as well.

There's a spa in my area that has them. I haven't tried yet but definitely curious.
  • Montepulciano
    Montepulciano Posts: 845 Member
    @HappyTrails7 - That sounds like a great way to unwind, going to add that to my list. Thanks!
  • BBee5064
    Today I have my fighting head on. I'm going to do a work out ... keep my calories tight. Drink more water
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    I have committed to taking one lunch class a week at the gym. I bought a red lock to keep in my gym bag.
  • chamblisk
    chamblisk Posts: 296 Member
    Going to dust off the SMART poster and remind myself I can do this. I was never good with setting goals.
  • UncleMac
    The dietitian was after me to start taking a lunch to work instead of going to restaurants. It's easier to portion control and you know what's in the food if you're making it at home... For a while, I had an arrangement with a coworker where we lunch-pooled... On Mondays, Megan made lunch for me. One Wednesday, I made lunch for Megan. It worked well until she took a gap year to travel.

So for March, I'm going to start back to bringing lunch to work regularly... at least twice per week. So far this week, I brought lunch on Monday and today. I had it ready on Tuesday but forgot it at home. D-oh!! I'm set for tomorrow.
  • BBee5064
    I try & take lunch to work but I often forget ;)
    I'm going to make an effort too
    Here goes :)
  • BBee5064
    going to do a workout video tonight. Thats the plan :)
  • UncleMac
    Personal training tonight... pushing myself that wee bit more each session...
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Just trying to get work done in this busy season. (US tax season)