Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• jacean2017
    jacean2017 Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    SANDY, I sometimes think I'm the luckiest person on earth in the places I've lived. If you read the blurb on the park you can imagine that when I went to work for Joseph Rank for 10 years in 1950 the offices had been relocated (because of bombing in Hull) to an old Victorian house very close to the park. I was there for 10 years and could go down those park stairs for lunch break with other office girls. I've just had a good old snivel I can tell you! Lovely memories and so wonderful that it's been changed from a wild spot to a lovely park teeming with butterflies and wild life.

I've lived in Derbyshire close to the moorland and mountains and I've lived in Quebec with access to the Eastern Townships. The old house I worked in in Yorkshire eventually became the offices for the bridge being built and during that time, a very young Mark and I visiting my Mom was allowed in so I could show Mark where I once worked! Wasn't that a kind thing to do! The school I attended was also close to Little Switzerland as we called the nature reserve and also once a huge country house in which one of Edward the 7ths many (married) mistresses lived. Before my time of course! Even then, as a gawky schoolgirl I used to imagine Edwardian ladies floating down the staircase to play cards!

Anyway, I've been lucky enough to visit most of England and Wales, and a fair chunk of this beautiful country. Unlucky in love me, but so lucky in everything else. Sorry if I bored you all if you've got this far!

Anne.
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options

ANNE, you are like a geography/history/romantic novel author, and it's such fun to read your posts we could never be bored!
    MAE, with all you are contending, your courage and outlook are so admirable! So glad you've come back! Yes, as a born and bred New Englander, I'm always so happy to be with others, including DownEasters! Actually far more of my life has been spent in NY and Florida, as I moved from Boston to RI, and to NY , I think, in 1959. I know everybody is supposed to love NY, but what I enjoyed most were the beaches (fabulous Jones Beach) winter and summer! Yet, when Mike and I took a train from Florida to NY and arrived early morning awhile after 9/11, I cried for those missing towers I had always considered so ugly in design! I am not really a city person!
    SANDY, your outlook is so wonderful, and I suspect you've worked pretty hard to achieve such a positive approach to life, despite many odds! Your remarks are always so valuable!
    JACKIE, indeed yours seems a fairy book life; one we read about in all the old novels relating life in the UK! I envy your strength and varied interests! Yet your warmth always shines through! Aren't we all lucky to have met one another?
    MARIE, how are things coming along with you? Has the diabetes diet become successful yet? Weren't you expecting visits from your family? How did everything go?
    LIN, you find time for everything and everybody! The card is just perfect for the young man going through such a difficult period! Such a kind gesture for everyone to send support!

Well, I hate to turn on the news, yet I'm compelled to hear the latest drama concerning our head of state! They just left golden garish Mara Lago, and there is now a new helicopter pad there for the neighbors to enjoy! The fee for joining this country club has now doubled!
    Oh, SANDY, everyone is complimenting my new hair length, too. My haircut is set for Friday, so I'll find out how the beautician here in my building works! I keep telling myself "It will grow back!" ... (length tonight)
    n32eodu7zwuz.jpg
    <3 Buzz
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,179 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    What an interesting photo Jackie. I had not heard of Hornsea Mere previously. I had to check it out on Wiki. You and Anne have such interesting lives. I cannot imagine how such lovely surroundings must have added to the textures of your lives. I am a life-long flat lander and I have never lived in another state. Wow, how limited!!

Well, the handyman has finally stopped by and there is a battle plan for putting the bathroom back together. I changed the water filter on my own earlier on this evening and the question of the main water shutoff will just ride along for a while.

Mae, you sound like a very talented and crafty lady! Quite an extensive background in producing things for church fairs is impressive. I just make things Mae. I haven't been taught, I just do some reading and watch You Tube videos. I just get ideas and then try to follow them up. Great outcomes would be nice but I just enjoy working with the materials. I send cards and little bits of coloring to a few friends, some folks at church, and several people who are unwell. That's about it but funny thing, I continue to get positive feedback on my efforts. Most recently I heard from a lady who had visited with a couple I send cards to. The husband goes for many dialysis treatments each week and I heard that he looks forward to checking the mail and if one of my cards arrives, he wants to open it. I was so surprised. Maybe he just looks for a little giggle from my cards. I don't know but I am happy he enjoys them. But I am not a teacher. You Tube can teach everything!! On another topic, you have a daily job in improving your physical condition. I admire your hard work. Good for you.

Sandy, I am sure you would look fine even if you did not get all fixed up but I am sure you will be more comfortable with an updated hairdo! I am sorry Babe continues to feel unwell. It seems that his problems have gone on so long.

Buzz, I would take the mushrooms but not the crab stuffing. I need to make some Portobello mushroom pizzas soon. Makes me want to cook right now!!

Jeri, I am sorry you are having problems. I hope you get it all sorted out soon. Best wishes.

Marie, how are you today? Hello to the rest of your family. I saw on Facebook that the Texas bluebonnets are blooming already? Spring!!

Well, I think I will watch the end of this mystery movie and then go to bed. It has been a long and strange day.

Lin
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Good morning sneakers and a lovely one it is so far with lots of sunshine and feeling mild although I gather further north is expecting some of that white stuff any time now! Our walk in the woods is becoming quite difficult because the pathways that were covered in fallen leaves back in the Autumn have now turned to mushy mud so we slip and slide round while the dogs run amongst the trees through the shooting bluebells and wood anemones. Everything is beginning to look Spring-like and if I remember tomorrow, I'll take my camera because although the bluebells won't flower for another month it's beginning to look delightful in dappled sunshine. Plans today are vacuum out the car which is looking disgusting what with daily dog walks in woods and on moors where everything sticks to boots and paws! Then it's the garden where very slow but sure I'm beginning to see improvements.

Mae ~ Goodness me, you've had an awful lot to deal with haven't you and although I'm sure your hospice nursing time must have helped, the emotional side of caring for family members can't have been easy. You do seem to be on top of your own health problems and reading your post I'm reminded how important daily exercises are on top of day to day movement.
    Sliding on my backside on the grass sounds a great idea to weed flower beds and believe me I do sometimes find myself in that position, then have a good laugh as I do my best to get up! My winter was wet, wet, wet so on the whole it was best to stay off the ground to not churn it up and because of some health issues last year I couldn't do much so it's now catch up time but I tell myself I will get there. A gardener helped me a few times but I've not seen him again since before Christmas and wonder if he decided I'm more capable than I give myself credit for so on that premise, soldier on!

Buzz ~ We are a delightful, diverse and interesting group aren't we. Your hair at that length looks very manageable but know with mine how it goes from tidy to a mop in days if I postpone a hair appointment so it's a quandary isn't it. When I was growing up in London that city was a joy to live in with all its individual communities and Toronto in the 70's much the same but as we know, city life for most has become a grind these days so although I feel I've run away to the sticks I couldn't be happier. It's not a lifestyle everyone would want but then that's probably not a bad thing otherwise it wouldn't be as tranquil as it is! For 99% of the time I'm a placid person but can have my moments as Anne will know from an incident I ranted on to her about on Sunday when a crazy driver of a jeep/buggy type vehicle that was probably illegal on the roads smacked into my car having shown no intention of even slowing as he came in my direction and probably would have kept going if not for a witness standing in a gateway. Oh boy, did I shout at him!! He looked terrified which I have to say gives me some satisfaction each time I see the scratches and dent! :o I promised when he was elected President I wouldn't mention the man again so will only say oh dear to everything so far!!

Anne ~ That's more a mountain than slope at Hessle nature reserve but just perfect for children to run and play in. It's taken some time for conservationists to realise just how important that east coastal area is for migrating birds and they've done a wonderful job all the way down to Kent in restoring the marshlands that were developed into fields for growing food after the war. Even on our smallish Bodmin moor it's become apparent that dogs need to be kept in check in the summer to allow the Fieldfares to nest in peace after their flight from northern Europe and most obey the request.

Lin ~ Although I've not worked it out I can imagine your State is larger than my whole country so there must be more than enough to explore in a lifetime! The card for that lad is just perfect and understated and I'm sure the fact you made it and thought about him is enough to give him comfort. You may hear a bit more of Anne's Hull this year because it's become a city of culture and big investments are being made and changes afoot!

Sandy ~ Poor April the giraffe seems to have been in labour for weeks now so perhaps they should be calling in a midwife!! I know it can be quite dramatic and traumatic for them so wish her well and think you very brave to want to watch! Are you happy with your hair this morning? Let's have a photo!

My washing machine cycle has finished so I'll deal with that and get going on the day's chores. Have a good one everyone.

Jackie

• jacean2017
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Morning BUZZ with the beautiful hair! Thanks, but I also love reading about all the fascinating places the Sneakers live in or originated in! I forgot to mention beautiful America. I loved Vermont, Kennybunkport, New York State, etc. Only visited of course, but the one place that really fascinated me was the Shenandoah Valley and if the "natives" couldn't understand my Yorkshire accent I couldn't understand barely a word THEY said. Loving nature I saw the biggest black butterfly I have ever seen! Like a saucer in size, oh and the black bears sauntering across the mountain roads. Ain't life grand! And as quoted "it ain't over until the fat lady sings" and this dieting fat lady ain't singing yet.

I personally, now my travelling days are virtually over, can't wait to turn on the radio! Michael resembles me in some ways, and the two of us spend quite a bit of time discussing events south of the Canadian border and how it all might unfold. Fascinating stuff, and just like a good mystery novel full of intrigue, foreign espionage, colourful characters and who knows what the ending will be! Makes bland Canada look even blander but we are all happy to be bland observers!

Well gals, warm day today to take The Bean out in a tighter collar, before the cold comes in again tomorrow. So must away and shower for walkies.
    Anne
    PS. I had Arctic char for dinner yesterday, delicious, and I think beats salmon for taste!
  • jacean2017
    Options
    JACKIE managed to sneak in before me and I just want to say that the City closest to my home village, Hull, had a reputation as a less than desired trawler dock city during and after the war. I remember my Mom holding me up at the window of our house to see the red sky from all the fires caused by heavy bombing. I must have been four years old I guess. That means we did a lot of clothes shopping in Leeds. You wouldn't recognize Kingston upon Hull today. Beautiful city. The trawlers and docks have gone, replaced with a yachting marina, waterfront, and restaurants, and that was 6 years ago when I was last there. All sorts of museums and art gallery, plus a huge aquarium. I headed for Wilberforce house, the member of parliament for Hull who had the bill passed that abolished slavery in the U.K. before America. The charming Georgian house was full of African American tourists needless to say! I was in Wilberforce house at school so I have a certain affection for him. Did you know the notorious gun powder plot to blow up King James and the Houses of Parliament in the 1600s was partly plotted in a lovely pub in a street called "the land of green ginger" after the spice trade?

Yes, I do love history and its consequences BUZZ and don't let the barber cut off too much of your locks making THEM history! You are an elegant and lovely looking lady, just as you are, says bossy here!
    I'll shut up now. Please don't set me off on MY hobby horse! What a bore!
    Anne
  • delraybuzz
    Options
    Watching the TV this morning as I was compressing my legs in those motorized boots (yes, they really are helping!) was a distressing hour! Wish I could just ignore it, but speaking of history, we are in the midst of very grave American history, and we are living it!
    Speaking of history, ANNE, you are a walking book! Such fascinating information! I actually must admit I never gave a thought to slave trade elsewhere! Such a blight on human history! Shenandoah Valley, such a gorgeous area, was a passageway for underground freeing of many "owned" people before our civil war. And yes, the speech patterns of much of the surrounding area made me wonder if my hearing had gone awry! We had dear friends in North Carolina ( Mike had become close friends during their Air Force days in India during WW2) with whom our conversations consisted mostly of what, what, what!!! And of course Mike's Bronx accent added to the hoots!
    A Dell technician has already worked on my computer this morning to find out the answer to why my connection to the WiFi kept dropping, and she says she found several drivers etcetera that should make a difference. Fingers crossed!
    JACKIE, if I had your courage, I would emulate your lifestyle; it seems so idyllic!
    LIN, are you redesigning the bathroom? I'm thinking I would not take a chance on waiting with that main pipe. Saturday, the mail pipe to our building burst at 3 AM and flooded the entire parking lot, gardens an lobby! They finally got some plumbers but what a mess it was and we had no water all day! Hope you enjoyed the movie and didn't fall asleep until it was finished!
    I forgot I put up my breakfast coffee before coming over to shut down the laptop! So I shall go have my yogurt and blueberries now. Oh, the added weight has disappeared so perhaps I can lose another pound this month!
    <3 Buzz
    05ugnx43d0ex.jpeg
  • jacean2017
    Options
    You know girls I'm going to tell you one last tale about how a little knowledge of history can be a good thing or a bad thing. This little anecdote will probably put me in a bad light.

I knew a lady who shall be nameless for a fair number of years. This lady was forever boasting about her distant family connections to a certain landed gentry family. We, that is the rest of the herd were common or garden working class to this lady. Her lot were forever riding to the hounds or scolding the servants whilst the rest of us had ancestors according to her who WHERE the servants. Well, I listened to this boasting for years and kept my mouth shut. However one day, and me probably in the middle of menopause, could take it no longer. "Have you any idea how that family made its money in the first place" I innocently asked. "Well they are part of the aristocracy" she replied. "No" said horrible Anne. "They bought their way into the landed gentry by shipping slaves to America" Of course she didn't believe me until she did some research. I wouldn't have known either if William Wilberforce hadn't fought these people in parliament.

If I promise not to give any more history as I know it, and try to be a nicer Anne, will you not kick me off the Sneakers!?

Anne.

• Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,123 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday! :) Back from the museum and I am exhausted. We managed to sneak in our own food so I stayed on track and just popped roast into the oven to eat for the next several days. Lot's of walking and terrible traffic both going and coming so it has been a long day.
    In answer to Jackie's request, here is my new haircut with new color. It is really short but I love it!
    g6hzfzy8fz3x.jpg

Will be back in the morning, time to relax!
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • linder4866
    Options
    Good evening

I love your haircut Sandy!! Also loved the photos on Facebook of today's excursion!! Get some rest.

Buzz, I agree with everyone. Your hair is beautiful but you should wear it just as you want it. You are the one who has to care for and fix it each day.

Anne and Jackie and Buzz--I loved all the information and detail you shared with the group. I will need to go back and read it again. I did not absorb enough!!

Busy day today, lower temperatures, crazy huge snowflakes were falling outside most the time we played Mah Jongg today. That was a surprise. Later today the sun came out and the snow disappeared although it isn't warm the temperatures increased from the low 30's to the mid 40's now.

I am working a bit on my cards again but not a lot. Tomorrow is Tai Chi and after I signed up for a little 2-hour crafting class. Nope, not cards. :D

Buzz, no remodeling in my bathroom, just trying to out things back together after the work in the master bath's shower. To get to the pipes they have to work from the bathroom behind it. The plumber cut a larger hole than what was behind the mirror before. So a mess, drywall, dust, junk, etc. Hopefully the handyman will be able to get things all out back together without the need for staining and painting etc. So not remodeling, just fixing.

I made my mushroom pizza tonight. Yummmm. Lovely. Also cut up lots of vegetables and made a pot of soup.

I purchased some lovely red raspberries today and am looking forward to munching on those tomorrow.

Have a good evening everyone.

Hugs.

Lin
  • jacean2017
    Options
    FREEZING night here, freezing morning! But, we climb to about 40F tomorrow.
    Your hair looks good SANDY and your face shape suits the cut. Wish I could go that short and carefree!
    Anne
  • LUV2CRUZ
    LUV2CRUZ Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    delraybuzz wrote: »
    DEAR "SIS" (MARIE <3 )!!!
    [img][/img]3504292p0dhwo7rpz.gif
    <3 Buzz
    Sandydur wrote: »
    Happy Monday! :D Another cloudy and cool day, but the rest of the week promises sunshine. I am very relaxed so getting away for a while is good therapy. No special plans today, going to Mass at noon because it is a holy day of obligation. My daughter will drive me to Church, then she will grocery shop, pick me up and take me to the dollar store so I can buy some cards for her family for Christmas. I will put their monetary gifts in them and she can give them to them on Christmas.
    My niece from Chicago is coming today to stay with us until Thursday. She is the one who had breast cancer and is moving to Florida. She is in Florida visiting her SIL which is three hours away but wants to spend a little time with us. she will arrive later this afternoon.

Enjoy your day.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time

• LUV2CRUZ
    LUV2CRUZ Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Well Mama's Buzz is always asking me to pop in so TADA! I'm not even sure if I'm posting correctly everything looks so different. Nothing much has changed here. I'm still fat right now I hurt my back so every time I try to do something I can't. But enough of that already. I see that you are all doing pretty well and that makes me happy. I also just had experience with hospice as my sister-in-law passed about a month ago from multiple myeloma. She was only diagnosed 18 months ago and I would not wish this on anyone. It's been cold and windy here in PA by the weekend it's supposed to be 71. Make up your mind. We have a Bounder motorhome now so we're taking the grandchildren to different Campground instead of just being down at the river. I guess that's enough for now it's may not even post if I did it wrong. Glad to see that you were all doing pretty well. Be back soon maybe sooner than you think.
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,123 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday! :) Bingo night and it looks like a go with my friend so let's hope I win some money for my casino trip. Terrible news in UK today, prayers to all.

Maddie, great to see you again but sorry about your back. My sympathy to you and your family with the passing of your sister in law. Some day I hope they find a cure for cancer but I don't think it will be in my lifetime. The grandkids will love the new motorhome and all the exciting places. Drop in more often, I know Marie will be thrilled.

Anne, thanks for compliment on hair, still getting used to how to style it but I need a few days after a fresh cut.

Lin, I do hope your bathroom repairs will be done soon and done right! Thank you also for compliment, today I am feeling it is too short but it will grow!!

Have a great day everyone!!
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • maeadair
    maeadair Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Sandy – I fell Dec 2013 on my icy cement front doorsteps and hit the back of my head. I try to stay positive, but some days are not so easy! How does Babe's ANS failure affect him?
    Glad your knee is better.
    Lovely picture and the cut and color came out nice. You have a very nice smile! :-)

Lin – Nice card! Did you do the embossing or was it already done?

Buzz- I love my state; we have: gorgeous coast land some with ledges some with sandy beaches, the north country potato farms and all the great forests and trees, the western mountains, and a touch of “city” life down Portland way.
    I am not a City person either, but did enjoy going to see plays on (and just off) Broadway. NYC was a nice place to visit but would not want a permanent diet of it, LOL. We visited the site of the Twin towers devastation when we were there in '84, so sad!
    I used to enjoy a nice tranquil jaunt on snowshoes through the back country out my back dooryard in the winter and coastal 'touring' all seasons. I have never been to Florida but hope to go someday. I hear the color of the ocean there is beautiful.
    DO NOT get me started on 'our head of state'! :s :-(!!!
    What a lovely picture of a beautiful elegant lady! Your hair looks 'well coiffed' as we say here. I quite trying to do my hair and have not afforded the beauty shop much since my accident. I just wash and finger fluff the curls and let air dry then run a pick through it... very rustic and 'countrified'!
    Glad the compression boots are doing their job! Love your pic of the lady carrying fat and healthy treats...you made me laugh!

Lin - I too have just watched others and 'clips' to learn different crafts, isn't it fun! Sometimes I get very frustrated when my results are not like others, but I put it down or away for awhile then go back to it with fresh eyes and new resolve. :) :-) Your cards make people happy and gives them something nice to look forward to or is an unexpected surprise that brightens their day. It is an appreciated gift that you have.
    You sound handy as well, changing your water filter and such. I get frustrated that I can not do many things, but am thankful for what I can do. There are many who are worse of and have more troubles than I.

Jackie – It is a good thing my veggie gardens and major gardens are behind a fence or my neighbors would be laughing heartily when I do my gardening. Once I am down/on the ground I stay for 2-3 hours (til my bladder calls LOL!) . I crawl from raised bed to raised bed. Unfortunately last year was difficult and I got very little done so this year I have a real mess in several beds to contend with. There is nothing like picking and eating your own fresh fruits and veggies! Two winters ago I lost my Blueberries so have ordered new ones to put in.
    Getting back up from the ground can be quite comical so am glad most of my gardening is behind the fence. ;)

Anne – I love to listen to different accents. I have a friend who is French Canadian with quite an accent. When I visited him when in the service in Texas his supervisor's wife laughed so hard at my accent. She asked where Dave was and I said “ he is out parking the car in the side dooryard” and she just cracked up laughing. She did not think my friend Dave had an accent though. I found her accent adorable, she was from the Tenn. Hills. I do not have a strong 'Downeast' accent, just a mix of 'Downeast' and a Mass. Type Maine accent. There was an older gentleman that danced in a group I belonged to that had a wonderful Downeast accent that I could listen to all day.

Well, my son has finally washed a few loads of laundry that are calling my name to be hung &/or folded. He does 'mega' loads. I worry he is going to stress the machines and they will break but he does not care. I counted 14 pair of grandson's size 10 jeans with 5 pair of adult jeans in just one load! Another load had 6 extra lg. bath towels/sheets with 5 hand towels and 17 washcloths! :# Granted I did buy machines that could handle lg.loads but he is ridiculous. Oh, how I wish my balance were better so I could go down to the basement to do laundry.I told him if the machines wear out he has to buy the new ones! These are only 4 and 2 yrs. old respectively (washer/dryer).
    Going to finish the seafood plate up tonight. I have already had 3 meals from it. When son said had BOGO coupon to my favorite seafood restaurant the other night I could not resist, my will power went out the window. LOL. At least I have split it up over several meals. So off to do therapy exercises then supper and laundry.

Mae

• maeadair
    maeadair Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Sneakers, just read my post, I should proof read before I post... please ignore the typos and errors ..... Quite for quit,... etc. Mae
  • linder4866
    Options
    Mae, no need to apologize. I always make mistakes and so far no one has reprimanded me. :) oh and before I forget, yes, I do have a Sizzix Big Shot and embossing folders so I do my own embossing. I love to see the lovely designs that are available. It is an obsession.

Maddie, hello. Thanks for stopping by and thank you for the updates!!

Sandy, hope you had a wonderful day.

Anne, cold rain expected here tomorrow.

Jackie, Marie, Buzz, Jeri....hello and I hope you are well.

It has been quite a day. No need to elaborate on everything. I found out when I returned home today that a I had another sympathy card to make. The lady from church that I had been sending cards to for so many years as she fought cancer passed away this morning. Not unexpected since she was in hospice care. Her son's birthday is tomorrow and it is likely the card I made for his birthday was delivered today or if not it will arrive tomorrow. Crummy timing for him. What a thing to remember each year. Anyway, sorry my friends, I have little to say this evening. I have been on the go to the point of exhausting myself. Time to read a bit and then sleep.

Hugs. Thanks for being here!!

Lin
  • delraybuzz
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Well, I'll be darned, if it isn't dear friend MADDIE visiting us! Nice to see you again, luv, and I don't think you know my Mike passed on last October 26th. Sorry about hurting your back and hope you feel better quickly, and sorry about your SIL passing. Mike was also in Hospice, but right here where we live, since the nursing floor helps make Hospice very available! As far as weight, I'm fighting my gain again, and very slowly it's coming down, like a couple of ounces per week! But DOWN!!! {{{{{{{{ <3 }}}}}}}}
    SANDY, I love the cut and it's perfect on your lovely face! As I looked at it, I got a yearning to duplicate it Friday at the beauty parlor! I think I love it around the face, but the back of my hair has thinned out and when layered, I worry about sparse spots like I see on many white-haired women. It's why I let the hair grow in the first place. Luckily, my hair requires almost no care other than washing and fluffing with the dryer and my fingers.---Hope you are lucky today at Bingo!
    LIN, I'm thinking how tempting it might be to get one of those new shower heads that have nozzles positioned at various levels of the body. If not now,---when? I know, I'd probably say exactly the same thing you are thinking,...but you deserve special treatment! So sorry about your lady, and agree her son's birthdays will be tough the first several years!
    MAE, I couldn't find any errors, and really scoured your entertaining post. Ayeh, I liked it just fine! As far as the laundry, my word, let your son take over the entire job and learn how it feels!
    Whoa, I just awakened and went into a glaze! I spent a couple of hours this afternoon with a fellow in hospice, on our first floor (so convenient that everything is under one roof!) and I was concerned that I would not know what to say. However, another friend plus our wonderful chaplain came shortly after I arrived and we all had an easy entertaining visit that the patient enjoyed immensely! What a huge relief!
    JACKIE, I hope you have recovered after that dreadful man ran into your car! Did he at least carry insurance? Thank goodness you were not hurt, just your car, but I would have reacted exactly as you did! GRRrrrrrr! Well, bedtime, for sure. Sleep well, y'all! :o
    <3 Buzz
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    Winter seems to have returned just as I removed potted plants from my greenhouse that took shelter there for the past 6 months! Not much is going to be done outside as the hail crashes down do I've contacted a friend who is recuperating at home from an operation on her hand and invited myself, along with George, for afternoon tea!

Buzz ~ You have a genuine caring soul and your presence would I know have been so appreciated by your friend in the hospice whatever you talked about although I know it's a subject some find difficult to deal with. At my lunch gathering on Saturday one friend who has secondary cancers was telling me how well her sister dealt with her initial breast cancer diagnosis but now it has unfortunately spread she seems unable to talk to her at all and has distanced herself so I did my best to explain that her sister probably struggles with the emotional aspect of dealing with an end of life diagnosis of someone she loves. My latest news on the crazy driver who damaged my car is that yesterday a couple of friends walking their dogs saw the buggy parked outside a local farm so took photos of it for my use then realised the driver was sitting in it when he wound down the window. He shouted what's your problem at them and one said nothing but friend Jill (Scruff's mum) told him she had a problem because he damaged a friend's car who was then too upset to take his registration number to report to the police. His only response was Oh! which confirmed to her she had the right man! I've checked on line that it is taxed for road use which it is so nothing to be done but at least he now has food for thought that I might take it further with the police! Another friend I had a long chat with yesterday told me that the night before she had seen the movie Hidden Figures and at the end everyone in the theatre applauded so if you haven't seen it yet I'd say it's one you'd definitely thoroughly enjoy.

Mae ~ Being English Microsoft is always questioning my spelling to the point where I ignore the red underlining so no doubt a few errors creep in! You seem to have a similar attitude to mine in that my thoughts go to all the tasks I plan to do forgetting my body sometimes says NO WAY! Luckily the neighbours I share the plot at our local allotment with to grow our fruit and veggies know me so well that when they see me sometimes rolling on the ground to find a position to get myself up they say something rude about my posture that makes us all laugh but I get the feeling the ladies who go to my yoga class just look the other way when I'm getting up off the floor although our teacher is full of positive comments about how much I'm improving. At this week's class she had us stretching muscles I didn't know I had or maybe had just forgotten and told me to visualise any position I couldn't do.... wouldn't I just love to sit on my garden swing seat with a cup of tea and imagine everything tidy and weed free. One day! Those washing machines of yours must be very sturdy to take such loads. My electricity supply is cheaper at night so I set my washing to go on around 3 am but if I overload the machine it takes itself on a walk across the kitchen floor and next day I have to sit on my backside to push it back under the counter with my feet.... another contortion!!

Sandy ~ Your hair does suit you short so don't be in a rush for it to grow! I hope your bingo evening was successful and you won a few dollars to take to the casinos. Yes, the news from London is so sad and mad and I can never comprehend what these murderers think they will achieve mowing down innocent people. It's certainly not anything to do with the teachings of their Koran!

Lin ~ So sorry to read of another of your friend's passing and as you say, rotten timing for her son. Keep warm if your winter is also returning!

Maddie ~ Lovely to hear from you after such a long time and sorry to read of your back problems, something that stops us doing so many things. Sounds like fun with your grandkids and actually quite BRAVE!!

Must get on. Have a good day everyone.

Jackie

• jacean2017
    Options
    Somewhat subdued today. I found a website where we can offer condolences to the met police and the family and friends of the brave stabbed police officer PC Keith Palmer.
    Anne.