Monica's OMAD Journal

Replies

• brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Congrats on the loss!
    There’s something to those brains, huh? :)
  • pessxx
    pessxx Posts: 1,246 Member
    lol , :)
    we eat here like a gourmet dish, also beef tongue, kidneys, hearts, gizzards, bones for soup and so on, beef or pork organs are usually eaten in our dishes and very tasteful
  • pessxx

Wow thats a big overnight loss, nice work :)

Thanks!!
  • brittdee88
    How interesting!
    I have had beef tongue tacos before, and I remember them being very delicious. I can’t imagine eating the other parts, but there was also a time I couldn’t imagine eating a tongue so... lol. At least your dishes aren’t as wasteful in terms of using the whole animal.
  • pessxx
    edited November 2017
    Yes, in the past centuries people were not eating so much meat, but in modern times they started to eat it.Not so many people were however so rich to have so the people eat everything from animal, then there were also times like when we did not have so much meat in shops and the people when they bought they tried to benefit the maximum of this

Well today 122.3 kg so it goes well
    We have 4 days of holidays here because it is Saint Andrew today, the benefactor of our country and tomorrow is our National Day, then the weekend
    Hard days :) for Omad, but we will see

My meal of today is cous cous salad and tabouleh - lebanese salads with shrimps
    We have a lot of international food present here and so we mix from time to time

6dk3arzy7wrn.jpg
  • pessxx
    edited December 2017
    Same 122.3 kg but also Tom so I guess I have to be happy not to have an increase in kilos
    Today we have guests , I ll see how we can manage
    Have a nice day!!
  • brittdee88
    Good luck with entertaining tonight!
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    I love me some offal (innards of all sorts)! I don't think I've ever met one I didn't like :)
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    I love me some offal (innards of all sorts)! I don't think I've ever met one I didn't like :)

That sounds "awful"! :/
  • pessxx
    edited December 2017
    Hi again
    A lot of guests and a lot of food , of course today 123.2 kg
    So today I will be back on track I hope
    Today we will go visit a traditional food market where people from the villages come with their own home made food, before and during Christmas we eat pork so there are a lot of pork dishes,then pickles, cakes,beverages, all of them made at home
    Then mum wants some home decoration and will go to a center and then for my nephew will go buy some toys as we discovered it is a center where we can buy toys at kilo and will go visit this

Today meal , leftovers from yesterdays stuffed red peppers
    have a nice day everyone

dy9t95062ezy.jpg

• brittdee88
    Bob, you’re hilarious!
    Monica, you will definitely get back down soon! Your yogurt is definitely making me want some — I haven’t had it in so long, and I used to eat it everyday! Gonna put some on my shopping list.
  • Jim_fbr
    Jim_fbr Posts: 251 Member
    Ce faci Monica, I just wanted to mention that my ex wife was from Bucharest. I've been there 3 times.
  • pessxx
    edited December 2017
    Bine, multumesc that is Fine, thanks Jim! :smile:
    I hope you liked here
  • pessxx
    Well today another feast day , everybody was cooking there, so we tasted it and tasted it and tasted it
    I think the scale will be good to me only on Monday Tuesday, so I will wait
  • Jim_fbr
    Jim_fbr Posts: 251 Member
    pessxx wrote: »
    Bine, multumesc that is Fine, thanks Jim! :smile:
    I hope you liked here

Thx, I did enjoy my visits to Romania very much.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Love stuffed peppers!
  • pessxx
    edited December 2017
    Mornin'
    Same 123.2
    Yes, I love them too but I have to made them also without meat, my husband is vegetarian so we do meals in both ways, I personally cannot live without meat
    Well let's say for a day? Maybe two? ;);)
    But no more

Today we will go shopping for some vegetables, I plan to cook today
    And from tomorrow another week full of work
    But it's Sunday, let's enjoy it!
  • brittdee88
    What do you put in your meatless stuffed peppers? I might make that since I can’t imagine stuffing my peppers with fish. Although some cajun shrimp might be nice....
  • pessxx
    Without meat I put rice, mushrooms, sometimes I put quinoa instead of rice, you can also make a version with rice, nuts and raisins also, it gets much sweeter
    Also I noticed red peppers are sweeter than green ones
  • pessxx
    Morning
    Same 123.2
    So today starts work, a busy day of course after 4 of holliday
    My meal will be some fish cakes with red cabbage salad
    Have a nice day everyone!
    uicap0mv2jeq.jpg