100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Options

Replies

• hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    I’m enjoying yummy homemade soup: couple of potatoes, carrots, celery, kale...in broth and curry spices, with a touch of cream. The puppies helped my dogs not freak with fireworks! The puppies wanted yo play, so I took them to the yard...and my dogs played instead of panicking while the fireworks were going off! That’s a first!!! Roger- that SSI article really pissed me off. The wife and kids shouldn’t have to pay...the deadbeat dad should have to pay!!!
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year!!!! Day 2!!! :D

Do you know how long it will take me to remember to write 2019, lol... :#

Val, your soup sounded so good!! That is so funny your dogs played during the fireworks!! So you need puppies every Dec. 31st!!!

I liked the trivia calendar Roger! That will be interesting for the whole year!! I sure did not remember the first Nobel prize, though I know I have read it before! I need a pill for my memory, but I take so many now, I can not take anything else for fear it would interact!! Probably need some ginko though!! :*

I am like Val, That story about the daughters was miscarriage of justice run a muck. I reposted it on facebook in protest...Actually all the stories were interesting, and of course, kind of crazy!!

It is very scary about refusing cash. I would just think that would be illegal. Common sense seems in short supply with some of these practices coming out.

It is gray here too, and rain expected. But it is quiet and peaceful so I can go with that! Planning on turkey and cornbread dressing leftovers, and some fried cabbage for luck!!

Hope everyone has an enjoyable day!! ...Jan
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    I did already post some humor FWIW.

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and once again no money was found. The Temperature out the door was 33 degrees and the walking was OK. There is a chance of snow showers or rain showers overnight into Thursday.

Coordinated all over the world, I found it interesting.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWXUWepSak4&list=RDILNDWCLVnpw&index=27

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/12/31/injection-halt-progress-alzheimers-available-within-decade/
    Injection to halt the progress of Alzheimer’s 'available within decade'

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/world/nasa-spaceship-ultima-thule-new-year-flyby-2019-brian-may-11075422
    NASA spaceship zooms toward distant Ultima Thule

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-arkansas-election/craps-dice-roll-sinks-arkansas-candidate-who-twice-missed-voting-for-himself-idUSKBN1OC1PV
    Dice roll sinks Arkansas candidate who twice missed voting for himself

So Wrong as I see it.
    https://www.sciencealert.com/washington-may-become-the-first-state-to-legalize-human-composting
    A State Is on The Verge of Legalizing Human Composting
    Now a bill being sponsored in the state's legislature could see Washington become the first state to legalize human composting.

https://www.kens5.com/article/news/local/armed-man-headed-to-fulfill-prophecy-at-church-is-from-houston-area/273-625427998
    Armed man headed to 'fulfill prophecy' at church is from Houston area

Have a Really Good Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    I’m enjoying yummy homemade soup: couple of potatoes, carrots, celery, kale...in broth and curry spices, with a touch of cream. The puppies helped my dogs not freak with fireworks! The puppies wanted yo play, so I took them to the yard...and my dogs played instead of panicking while the fireworks were going off! That’s a first!!! Roger- that SSI article really pissed me off. The wife and kids shouldn’t have to pay...the deadbeat dad should have to pay!!!
    Hi Val
    The Soup sounds Tasty, I would likely pass on the Curry however.

Wow, That must have been really helpful that Your Dogs did not freak out.

The SSI article was wrong on many levels. SSI would have to go after the estate if to much time has not passed since the Deadbeat Dad is Dead. IMO they should just waive the repayment and if that is not possible set a payment schedule for a Nominal Sum per month.

Enjoy Today's Links, I likes the coordinated music from around the world. Based on the headphones I'm guessing over the Internet.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Happy New Year!!!! Day 2!!! :D

Do you know how long it will take me to remember to write 2019, lol... :#

Val, your soup sounded so good!! That is so funny your dogs played during the fireworks!! So you need puppies every Dec. 31st!!!
    Hi Jan
    Hopefully not to long, You could go through Your unwritten checks and write in 2019 :wink:
    I liked the trivia calendar Roger! That will be interesting for the whole year!! I sure did not remember the first Nobel prize, though I know I have read it before! I need a pill for my memory, but I take so many now, I can not take anything else for fear it would interact!! Probably need some ginko though!! :*

I am like Val, That story about the daughters was miscarriage of justice run a muck. I reposted it on facebook in protest...Actually all the stories were interesting, and of course, kind of crazy!!
    My brother must have put some thought into it when he bought the trivia calendar. There may be a pill or injection for memory on the horizon :wink:
    I saw something recently about an advancement that might halt the progression of Alzheimer's, Hopefully so as that is a scary thing.
    It is very scary about refusing cash. I would just think that would be illegal. Common sense seems in short supply with some of these practices coming out.

It is gray here too, and rain expected. But it is quiet and peaceful so I can go with that! Planning on turkey and cornbread dressing leftovers, and some fried cabbage for luck!!

Hope everyone has an enjoyable day!! ...Jan
    Both my brother and I had problems with sleep New Years Eve due to the Snack foods that we overindulged with. I ate less than my Brother as I skipped 4 of each of the spicy ones and he did not so I ended up eating 17 vs his 25 snacks. Neither of slept good nor was the scale kind to us either.

Yesterdays New Years Meal was Some Ham, Some Turkey Breast and some home made stuffing AKA Dressing. The Turkey and Stuffing has Home made Turkey Gravy on them. All were leftovers from the freezer. I did not weigh and just winged it, Oops. I would likely have been OK if I had not eaten the Mini Panettone at 350 Calories, The worst of that was the High Carb Count :(

Weird weather here. Fried Cabbage is something I never had.
    No Gravy for the Turkey or Cornbread Dressing ?

You would think that Cashless would be illegal, OTOH is that not what Amazon is doing with the Stores where they bill You based on what You pick up in their stores ?
    This https://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=16008589011
    What is Amazon Go?

Amazon Go is a new kind of store with no checkout required. We created the world’s most advanced shopping technology so you never have to wait in line. With our Just Walk Out Shopping experience, simply use the Amazon Go app to enter the store, take the products you want, and go! No lines, no checkout. (No, seriously.)

How does Amazon Go work?

Our checkout-free shopping experience is made possible by the same types of technologies used in self-driving cars: computer vision, sensor fusion, and deep learning. Our Just Walk Out Technology automatically detects when products are taken from or returned to the shelves and keeps track of them in a virtual cart. When you’re done shopping, you can just leave the store. A little later, we’ll send you a receipt and charge your Amazon account.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi Again
    I just saw these
    Congratulations
    Roger

hope4change_val 4 hours ago
    lost 3 lbs since last weighing in! Hope4change_val's lost 5.6 lbs so far.

and

Buttons61 6 hours ago
    Buttons61's food and exercise diary was completed for 1/01/2019 and was under Buttons61's calorie goal
  • Buttons61
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Good morning!

Great weight loss Val!! :)

Oh, I cheated today and had a Panera cookie with real flour with my coffee this morning with the girls. We did not meet until 0830 so that was nice. I will see the damage in the morning..and if it kicked me out of ketosis. Hopefully not!!

Sorry about your New Years cheats--but you had fun!! :#

Most keto gravy must be made with Xanthum Gum. My daughter tells me you can not get it right often as it is either too thin, then goes to glue-like thick real fast and has a weird texture. I have not tried to make it yet. I may not, as I found a keto gravy that is some fat drippings, stock, then add cream cheese to melt and make basically a white to light brown gravy. It is so good over chicken, steak, and turkey so far!! I had that today with my turkey. I did not make it earlier when first doing the turkey as my cornbread had so much butter and calories, I did not really need it. I plan to have one more turkey and mashed cauliflower with gravy, and one gravy, cornbread and turkey if my turkey lasts, lol. It is so good, I may just buy another turkey, lol!!! :D

Loved the NASA story and the Be Happy video. Such contrasts in backgrounds and money, from the boat marina to more poor countries. Interesting and thought provoking! The title human compost remains were sure off putting. But I must say for me, handled respectfully, there is not much difference in a family getting a container of ashes, possibly in a carton, and a box of soil with the biodegraded person. I want to be cremated, and I asked my family if they wanted me to buy a place for ashes or what. They were fine with scattering them, if I wanted that. So my ashes are going to be divided ...1/3 to the beach or ocean, actually, 1/3 to where my horses are buried if possible, and 1/3 planted somewhere with a tree on top. (thinking somewhere on my son's 20 acres, unless they plan to sell that land.) I asked about an urn, and they said it seemed an expense if I was scattered anyway, lol.. Put in Chinese take out could be appropriate for the short term....lol. But a big no to combining people and selling soil made from people...too soylent green, IMO!!

Pretty sure my kids can not actually handle caskets, especially open ones. Not many people deaths in the immediate family. They are used to ashes from our past doggies....go figure.....

Now Amazon go seems just wrong to me, lol!!!! :/

Okay...My weirdest post ever. ...Jan
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Hi. I’m grateful that I haven’t destroyed my metabolism...if I don’t eat everything in site, i loose weight. The hernia pain really got my attention. Plus having gained back everything i lost. I need to drop weight for the hernia repair surgery (not scheduled but needed). I know, I need to drop weight for my health and happiness and function! I made an appointment with the gastrointestinal surgeon on 1/31. I hope to schedule the surgery during spring break. We’ll see.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    I just posted some more humor

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and once again no money was found. The Temperature out the door was 38 degrees and the walking was good. The chance of snow showers or rain showers overnight may have happened, The ground was damp and the cars had water spots on them, beyond that it was dry enough. From last nights 10PM weather forecast it appears that the Snow will be North and west and the rain south of here, so far so good :

https://www.apnews.com/f7ea2e42bf3a4892a8403b90fe02d1c4
    Low carb? Low fat? What the latest dieting studies tell us

https://www.kansascity.com/news/nation-world/national/article223797740.html
    Missing taco sauce sparks gunfire at Taco Bell drive-thru, Oklahoma City police say

https://www.digitaltrends.com/cool-tech/jetpack-aviation-racing-test-flight/
    The world’s first jetpack racing league is poised to take off in 2019

https://nationalpost.com/news/world/historys-oldest-woman-a-fraud-theory-says-122-year-old-jeanne-calment-was-actually-a-99-year-old-imposter
    History’s oldest woman a fraud? Russian researchers claim 122-year-old Jeanne Calment was actually a 99-year-old imposter

https://dailycaller.com/2018/12/31/climate-change-policy-protests/
    2018 Saw A Global Revolt Against Climate Change Policies

Just Sad
    https://apnews.com/e28b313197bb46bebef0faca24b333ed
    Garbage, feces take toll on national parks amid shutdown

Have a Really Good Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Good morning!

Great weight loss Val!! :)

Oh, I cheated today and had a Panera cookie with real flour with my coffee this morning with the girls. We did not meet until 0830 so that was nice. I will see the damage in the morning..and if it kicked me out of ketosis. Hopefully not!!

Sorry about your New Years cheats--but you had fun!! :#

Most keto gravy must be made with Xanthum Gum. My daughter tells me you can not get it right often as it is either too thin, then goes to glue-like thick real fast and has a weird texture. I have not tried to make it yet. I may not, as I found a keto gravy that is some fat drippings, stock, then add cream cheese to melt and make basically a white to light brown gravy. It is so good over chicken, steak, and turkey so far!! I had that today with my turkey. I did not make it earlier when first doing the turkey as my cornbread had so much butter and calories, I did not really need it. I plan to have one more turkey and mashed cauliflower with gravy, and one gravy, cornbread and turkey if my turkey lasts, lol. It is so good, I may just buy another turkey, lol!!! :D
    Hi Jan
    Are You using Keto Sticks to determine Ketosis ?

Xanthum Gum can be tricky to work with as I understand it. Congratulations on finding a Gravy that works.

I love a good Gravy over my Turkey, It adds to the taste and the Moistness of the Turkey Breast Meat.

I can get Rotissery Turkey Breast at the Grocery store here, Already cooked and ready to eat, is there nothing like that availoable where You are ?
    Loved the NASA story and the Be Happy video. Such contrasts in backgrounds and money, from the boat marina to more poor countries. Interesting and thought provoking! The title human compost remains were sure off putting. But I must say for me, handled respectfully, there is not much difference in a family getting a container of ashes, possibly in a carton, and a box of soil with the biodegraded person. I want to be cremated, and I asked my family if they wanted me to buy a place for ashes or what. They were fine with scattering them, if I wanted that. So my ashes are going to be divided ...1/3 to the beach or ocean, actually, 1/3 to where my horses are buried if possible, and 1/3 planted somewhere with a tree on top. (thinking somewhere on my son's 20 acres, unless they plan to sell that land.) I asked about an urn, and they said it seemed an expense if I was scattered anyway, lol.. Put in Chinese take out could be appropriate for the short term....lol. But a big no to combining people and selling soil made from people...too soylent green, IMO!!
    Soylent Green came to my mind too :smiley:
    We buried the Urn in the Cemetery family Plot rather than scattering the Ashes. That was in accordance To Moms wishes as laid out in the Prepaid Funeral plan. She planned it down to the Music in the church etc.
    Pretty sure my kids can not actually handle caskets, especially open ones. Not many people deaths in the immediate family. They are used to ashes from our past doggies....go figure.....

Now Amazon go seems just wrong to me, lol!!!! :/

Okay...My weirdest post ever. ...Jan
    I agree, What I suspect is that when You are not handing over actual cash You likley tend to spend more whether it is a Credit / Debit card or Amazon Go. Follow the Money :(

I watch a show called Storage Wars where people Buy Abandoned storage lockers, One episode I recall they found small boxes that turned out to have pet ashes.

I did See this, Congratulations
    Roger

Buttons61 3 hours ago
    Buttons61's food and exercise diary was completed for 1/02/2019 and was under Buttons61's calorie goal
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi. I’m grateful that I haven’t destroyed my metabolism...if I don’t eat everything in site, i loose weight. The hernia pain really got my attention. Plus having gained back everything i lost. I need to drop weight for the hernia repair surgery (not scheduled but needed). I know, I need to drop weight for my health and happiness and function! I made an appointment with the gastrointestinal surgeon on 1/31. I hope to schedule the surgery during spring break. We’ll see.
    Hi Val
    I have a problem with a See Food Diet too, If I see it I tend to eat it :(
    The Pain served a purpose then, I am just sorry that You had to experience it.

Lower Weight does help with a successful surgical outcome.

Good Luck with the scheduling
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    My baby turns 16 tomorrow! Bought her birthday cake this evening.
  • ssflbelle2012
    ssflbelle2012 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Hi Roger and Val
    I am not sure if you both remember me or not as I have not been around for a long time. I am back as I want to get off these last 40 pounds. I thought MFP, biking and going to Curves would help. I finally lost over 270 pounds and had so much excess skin that over the last 1 1/2 I have had 3 surgeries to remove the skin and a hernia repair. I still have at least 2 more surgeries to go but am still recovering from this last one which took 10 pounds of skin off my tummy. I wanted to share with you both the before weight loss and this lastest Christmas after tummy surgery and my first bike ride after 4 weeks of recovery pictures.
    282p01tpg9bj.jpg
    yvln27ugbcri.jpg
    bd12nd2rbkks.jpg

• Buttons61
    Options
    Good morning all,

Val, So glad you might get some relief from suffering with your hernia. You will do fine with the surgery I am sure. Though of course I hate you may need it!! Tell Em Happy Birthday... 16 is so special! You have raised an intelligent and beautiful daughter!! <3

We have deli turkey breasts they do for slicing. I guess they would sell a whole one. But I do not recall having the kind you have available. We are a strange place!!

I am so sick of rain!!!!! :s

I took my tree down also,,Just packed as is in the closet! :D

No gain from my real wheat flour cookie, Yay!!

I remember you ssflbelle!! I had horses on my picture back then!! What stunning pictures and what a great accomplishment!! I am so proud of you!! The surgeries sound kind of rough, But such wonderful news!! You give hope to us all!! I am thrilled for you!!

Stay dry and safe all!! ...Jan :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Some humor has been posted

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and once again no money was found. The Temperature out the door was 29 degrees and the walking was good.

https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2019/01/01/weight-gain-when-to-eat-food-clock-insulin-dr-michael-roizen/
    Expert: Weight Gain Appears Related To When We Eat

https://www.kansascity.com/news/local/article223820240.html
    Missouri teen was bleeding from eyes, then went blind — and doctors have no idea why

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/data/seattle-ization-american-cities-fear-whats-happened-here/
    ‘Seattle-ization’? American cities fear what’s happened here

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6547907/Study-funds-Vermont-state-inbound-moves.html
    Vermont has a higher proportion of people moving there from out-of-state than anywhere else in the U.S., study says
    Vermont has a low overall population, yet the highest proportion of people moving there from out of state compared to elsewhere in the U.S., a study says
    At the same time, a higher percentage of people moved out of New Jersey than any other state, followed by Illinois, Connecticut, New York and Kansas

No Surprise to me :(
    https://nypost.com/2019/01/02/more-people-moved-out-of-this-state-than-any-other-in-america/
    More people moved out of this state than any other in America
    New Jersey residents are on the outs with their state.
    More people moved out of the Garden State in 2018 than any other state, according to a new study by United Van Lines – though New York wasn’t far behind.
    New Jersey, which topped the list of the “most moved from” states, was followed by Illinois, Connecticut and the Empire State, the moving company’s study found.

Once again not a surprise
    https://nypost.com/2018/12/29/nycs-minimum-wage-increase-may-lead-to-a-business-exodus/
    NYC’s minimum wage increase may lead to a business exodus
    https://nypost.com/2018/12/28/millions-of-american-workers-will-get-a-pay-raise-in-the-new-year/

Have a Really Good Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    My baby turns 16 tomorrow! Bought her birthday cake this evening.
    Hi Val
    Congratulations on that happening. a small cake or fancy. I find that I like a Ice Cream Cake, it just does not like me :(

Enjoy that Cake and the Birthday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi Roger and Val
    I am not sure if you both remember me or not as I have not been around for a long time. I am back as I want to get off these last 40 pounds. I thought MFP, biking and going to Curves would help. I finally lost over 270 pounds and had so much excess skin that over the last 1 1/2 I have had 3 surgeries to remove the skin and a hernia repair. I still have at least 2 more surgeries to go but am still recovering from this last one which took 10 pounds of skin off my tummy. I wanted to share with you both the before weight loss and this latest Christmas after tummy surgery and my first bike ride after 4 weeks of recovery pictures.
    Hi
    Of Course I remember You, I do not remember if You were also on the old long gone NS forums OTOH.

I know that it is very hard to lose weight over a long period of time, Sometimes I backslide and have to get back into the right frame of mind. I congratulate You on Your accomplishment, It isn't easy, You have done so well.

Curves, I had one of those in the mall where I worked my last job. We did not even know they were open for a while since they had the windows and the glass in the door covered over.

Three Surgeries Plus a hernia repair, Wow. That must have been tough even if needed.
    I had thought about Tummy surgery for excess skin too, I just have this fear of hospitals and doctors that I do not know.

You Look great in the latest picture. Just from curiosity, is that the same bike I recall You having before ?

Carry On, I know complete success is just around the corner.
    Don't be a stranger.
    BTW the humor I mention is here, Mostly humorous images.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Good morning all,

Val, So glad you might get some relief from suffering with your hernia. You will do fine with the surgery I am sure. Though of course I hate you may need it!! Tell Em Happy Birthday... 16 is so special! You have raised an intelligent and beautiful daughter!! <3

We have deli turkey breasts they do for slicing. I guess they would sell a whole one. But I do not recall having the kind you have available. We are a strange place!!
    Hi Jan
    Val is so lucky to have a great daughter.

Deli Turkey Breasts are not the same, Around here they are shaped and formed then baked.
    The ShopRite ones are real Turkey Breast halves rotisserie cooked, Much better quality and taste. I know the tastes since when the price is really good I do buy the Deli Turkey ends. Usually really cheap compared to sliced price.
    I am so sick of rain!!!!! :s

I took my tree down also,,Just packed as is in the closet! :D

No gain from my real wheat flour cookie, Yay!!

I remember you ssflbelle!! I had horses on my picture back then!! What stunning pictures and what a great accomplishment!! I am so proud of you!! The surgeries sound kind of rough, But such wonderful news!! You give hope to us all!! I am thrilled for you!!

Stay dry and safe all!! ...Jan :)
    I wish I could put the tree away covered against dust until next year. I need to work on the top 1/3 lights as I see most of them are out, Fuse or bulbs, That will wait for a few days until we take it down.

I saw this, Congrats and congrats on surviving the cookie.
    Roger

Buttons61 5 hours ago
    Buttons61's food and exercise diary was completed for 1/03/2019 and was under Buttons61's calorie goal
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Hi Roger and Val
    I am not sure if you both remember me or not as I have not been around for a long time. I am back as I want to get off these last 40 pounds. I thought MFP, biking and going to Curves would help. I finally lost over 270 pounds and had so much excess skin that over the last 1 1/2 I have had 3 surgeries to remove the skin and a hernia repair. I still have at least 2 more surgeries to go but am still recovering from this last one which took 10 pounds of skin off my tummy. I wanted to share with you both the before weight loss and this lastest Christmas after tummy surgery and my first bike ride after 4 weeks of recovery pictures.
    282p01tpg9bj.jpg
    yvln27ugbcri.jpg
    bd12nd2rbkks.jpg

It’s so good to hear from you!!!! And I’m so happy that you’re doing so well. Congratulations. Keep up the good work.

I had lost 80 pounds and then had a year plus of uncontrolled pain and immobility...and now I’ve regained all 80 pounds so feeling glum.

Working 60 hr weeks...but my best buddy surpassed 100 hours this week.

I bought Em a couple mini bundt cakes, a full-length mirror, and a phone case, and I told her I’d share my car with her!

• Buttons61
    Options
    Good morning!!

It stopped raining and part way through the day turned colder. But I saw sunshine for a few hours and a blue sky with cool looking gray and white clouds here and there...It was like a miracle!! :)

Jenny and I went out for Indian food so I conscientiously had a non keto day. I was over my calories by about 450 calories and had about 70 gram carbs instead of my 20 grams. It was so good!! We will see how this sets me back however in time and cravings. I do use the ketone strips. Accurate enough...And checking them in the A.M. Useful info to see what my body does for a few days, but hoping I will not regret it for a few days...and lbs...

Saw Mary Poppins Returns. Bloody good!!! Fabulous score and choreography!! Respectfully done IMO.

Sounds like Em had a wonderful birthday!! <3

Chilly sounding in Jersey!! Stay warm!!! ...Jan