i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,308 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    ameirose wrote: »
    Daily Post: April 4

Track: Yes
    Calories: Over :neutral:
    Exercise: No

My boyfriend and I went out for Chinese food and as i was looking through the menu I noticed everything had sauce on it. I need your Help! We love Chinese food but what items do you recommend? How can we still it eat it but minimize the macros? any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Hi-- I love Asian foods, Korean, Vietnamese, Japanese, Chinese, Thai---LOVE.... it can be healthy --- just ask them to omit the sauce and nix the rice or noodles. My friend is a trainer...if he gets orange chicken, he'll ask them to give him the steamed chicken instead of the fried stuff and then he orders brown rice instead of white rice and extra veggies.

If I order Chinese food--I always go for the steamed seafood or chicken with veggies meal and nix the rice all together.... you can always ask for sauce on the side to add a small tablespoon (duck sauce, etc).

The biggest realization I've experienced on my journey losing the grunt of my weight--- was how excessive the calories can be when eating out... the restaurants do not care how many calories their plates add up to-- their goal is to make it taste as good as they can--which adds up to lotsa sodium (msg), fat and sugars you don't want or need.
  • thelandkraken
    thelandkraken Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    April 5th
    Tracked: Yes
    Under calories: No, for the second day in a row
    Exercise: Yes, lots! Walking and badminton
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,308 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Friday , April 5th
    Username: SLIMn2016

✅ Track: Yes
    ✅ Calories: Yes, under
    ❌ Exercise: No, Rest Day
    ✅ Water: 209.8 oz.
    ❌ Steps: 736 (forgot my watch this morning🤦🏻‍♀️🙅🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️)

🗣Comments/Goals: 😊✨HAVE A GREAT FRIDAY!✨
  • dtp17
    dtp17 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Friday. At last
    Tracked yes.
    Ate chocolate 🙈
    Walked for couple of hours
  • ashanna2019
    ashanna2019 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    SLIMn2016 wrote: »
    ameirose wrote: »
    Daily Post: April 4

Calories: Over :neutral:

My boyfriend and I went out for Chinese food and as i was looking through the menu I noticed everything had sauce on it. I need your Help! We love Chinese food but what items do you recommend? How can we still it eat it but minimize the macros? any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Hi-- I love Asian foods, Korean, Vietnamese, Japanese, Chinese, Thai---LOVE.... it can be healthy --- just ask them to omit the sauce and nix the rice or noodles. My friend is a trainer...if he gets orange chicken, he'll ask them to give him the steamed chicken instead of the fried stuff and then he orders brown rice instead of white rice and extra veggies.

If I order Chinese food--I always go for the steamed seafood or chicken with veggies meal and nix the rice all together.... you can always ask for sauce on the side to add a small tablespoon (duck sauce, etc).

The biggest realization I've experienced on my journey losing the grunt of my weight--- was how excessive the calories can be when eating out... the restaurants do not care how many calories their plates add up to-- their goal is to make it taste as good as they can--which adds up to lotsa sodium (msg), fat and sugars you don't want or need.

Thank you!!! this will help. i will just have to make them adjust my order next time.
  • o0kody0o
    o0kody0o Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    🔶Daily Post: Friday 5 April

🔶Track: Yes
    🔶Calories: Under
    🔶Exercise: Just a short walk today and some housework
    🔶Comments: Today was another good day for me. I’ve came to the conclusion that I might be addicted to oatmeal/porridge though...I love the stuff. I’m going to try and add some different fruits into it this week instead of my usual, just to switch things up a bit 🥣🍎🍊
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Daily Check in 4.5

Hey Slimsons!
    👙 Tracked - yes!
    👙 Calories - Under!!
    👙 Exercise- sore as hell from yesterday but did a 45 min SoulCycle & 10 min arm weights💥

I hope my weigh in is good tomorrow and not holding water from all this strength training! 🙏

Today is 10 weeks away from my summer vacation! - Im working towards wearing a 2 piece bathing suit. It’s on. 🏋️

So many inspirational posts! Yeah!! 💪🏻💪🏻

I took this photo in SoHo - Sending good vibes and positivity your way!

rwsixmnqiyxv.jpeg
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    Daily post for Friday

Track: yes
    Calories: yes under
    Exercise: stairs at work and 270 squats
    Water: 160 oz and counting

So tempted at various points in the day to say screw it, and just eat what I want. But I didn't.
    I pre-planned most of my weekend meals and bought the food for it after work today.
    I am glad I didn't indulge.
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    Options
    4.5 Fri Daily Check in
    Track: Yes✔️
    Calories: Yes ✔️
    Exercise: Four hours at golf course walking while hubby golfed. 4 miles.
    Comments: Back is still tweaked, walked at times while hubby golfed. 🏌️‍♀️⛳️ Back is gettin better! 🤗💃❤️

Happy Friday all!
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Options
    o0kody0o wrote: »

🔶Comments: Today was another good day for me. I’ve came to the conclusion that I might be addicted to oatmeal/porridge though...I love the stuff. I’m going to try and add some different fruits into it this week instead of my usual, just to switch things up a bit 🥣🍎🍊

Love oatmeal too and forget to have it for breakfast!! Here is a good article!

https://www.self.com/story/national-oatmeal-month-unique
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Options
    SLIMn2016 wrote: »
    Daily Post: Friday , April 5th
    Username: SLIMn2016

✅ Track: Yes
    ✅ Calories: Yes, under
    ❌ Exercise: No, Rest Day
    ✅ Water: 209.8 oz.
    ❌ Steps: 736 (forgot my watch this morning🤦🏻‍♀️🙅🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️)

🗣Comments/Goals: 😊✨HAVE A GREAT FRIDAY!✨

Have a great weekend with Goldie my fp! Back is doing better! Hope by Monday back to Barre.
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Options
    @gjaholy33 Awesome job on your breakfast and achievements! 💜🤗💃🥳
  • o0kody0o
    o0kody0o Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    o0kody0o wrote: »

Love oatmeal too and forget to have it for breakfast!! Here is a good article!

https://www.self.com/story/national-oatmeal-month-unique

Thanks for that! I love the idea of using almond milk and adding shredded coconut 🥥 I think I’ll give that a try this week coming. Some great ideas there, thanks again 💟

• DeshotelK
    DeshotelK Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: April 5

Calories: Over

Family movie night complete with ice cream and cookies. I’m so weak. ☹️
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: April 5th

Calories under goal: Yes
    Exercise: Rest day (4100 steps)

Feeling weak and tired. Hope I feel better tomorrow.
  • nbatch456
    nbatch456 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Fri, 4/5
    Calories: Over
    Exercise: Elliptical 30mins
    Goals/Day/Comments: TGIF!
    Sending everyone WILLPOWER for the weekend! 🤣
  • Wildmage69
    Wildmage69 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Friday 4/5

Calories: Under
    Exercise: Yes! I graduated from private lessons with my karate instructor to the normal class this week! I attended 4 times, hour long sessions each. It’s a heck of a workout, especially for someone so out of shape like me. My instructor is allowing me to test for my next belt on Monday! Yikes! 😀
    Goals/Comments: I’m hoping to not blow it this weekend, and waste the hard work I put in exercising this week. I brought home pizza tonight, but only a salad for me. If you knew how much I love pizza, you would know I’m in agony! 😆
This discussion has been closed.