100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Options

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    good morning,

I saw you seem to be getting some severe weather this week end for Texas. Hope it is not too bad, Val. <3 And hope you get to feeling better..Hard not to let idiots bother you, I know. So true about the eating out!!

My intention was to have a great diet day. Somehow Jenny and I managed to end up at our Thai restaurant after her getting a brand new Toyota Corolla as a loaner, for free. Toyota pays because the parts are on back order. It is a shiny red. She is having fun driving it. I actually only went over my calories by about 200, so it could have been worse. I have managed to eat out 4x this week. I really need some meals home!! Roger, your post had me thinking that food all sounded pretty good!! :D Congrats on the penny!!

I did not read about the ham right. I thought you were still waiting on yours but your brother got one also just by going to a different store. My bad...

Hang in there...resisting temptation!!! ...Jan
    Hello Jan
    The best made plans tend to go off the rails when it comes to eating :(
    Yesterday I ended up with a Sausage, Egg and Cheese sandwich on toasted Rye for breakfast. That was followed by a 16 ounce steak where I had them add mixed vegetables as a replacement for the French Fries and later a 1/3 pound cooked Cheeseburger that I had picked up at the Grocery store that came with no bread so I used 2 slices of the 40 calorie bread and some Ketchup. The scale this morning showed I weighed what I weighed two days ago so it could have been worse.

I am so tempted to go for Thai Food, Either Chicken Pad Thai or Chicken See You :blush: Thai Food is so tasty.

Hang in there, I know You can do it.
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    I’m miserable with this sinus infection. I thought my appointment was Monday but their text reminded says Tuesday. ☹️ non-stop coughing all day and all night!
    Took Em to post office at 7:30sm to renew her passport. I forgot that kids are only valid for 5 years. The line was horrendous!!!! The entire lobby was packed. They open at 8am. We left. Will try on a Friday when she hasday off. You csn only make appointments during the week, during school hours! My guess is thst the surge is due to Trump’s threat to close the southern border. Everyone except us was hispanic. I just couldn’t wait there forever.
    Roger- i very rarey(like 3 times in 8 years) have food delivered. I hate having strangers come to my house. My odd quirks and cheap habits are currently helping me lise weight. 🤣
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!!

Roger, Interesting articles. I wish everywhere in the country had abuse laws like the ones applied to that fish. I do think they were right to do that. If you have any pet you just need to be responsible. Period. I think ours are a little too lenient, most of the time. But they are getting better, slowly.

We do not have too much delivery at my location. Probably a good thing. My friends and I love to eat lunch out. Just a downfall. Or I need to have less friends, lol... :D Hopefully this next week will only be with 2 of my friends. Some I do not see regularly, but the timing when I do seems to be hazardous to my health. I was doing much better on keto, except for church.

Val, I am not much on people coming to the house either. We live comfortably..and a little laid back I am afraid! So I do know how you feel! I hate my house inspections for A/C, heater, and termites. It is hard to get excited about my yard guy, and he is very nice. I am just so private and get more so the older I get!

Val, just so sorry the infections are getting to you! Weren't you doing the netti pot at some point? I thought it had helped some, but then my memory is so bad lately! Frustrating scene about your passport they are so swamped. It took me forever to do mine as they had little info posted. It took three trips..but I was the only one getting a passport all 3 times...Like real estate..location, location... :|

We live in a crazy world!! :# ...Jan
  • BreadLady41
    BreadLady41 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon, all! I am a Nutrisystem newbie - day 3 on my "FreshStart" program today. I don't have 100 pounds to lose - but close. about 80-90. and it looks like basically all the activity in this group is on this thread, so I'm joining. :)

I was trying to just count calories and eat healthy and etc., but my life is busy and I just struggle when I have to make food decisions because everything else in life takes priority. My mom lost a lot of weight on Jenny Craig years ago, but that is too pricey, so I decided Nutrisystem was a good compromise. Yeah, it's odd to go to breakfast bars instead of oatmeal and packaged dinners instead of home cooked ones, but the problem I had was that in the stress of life I would say, "no time or energy to cook today. order a pizza." or chinese. or whatever. (i live in a big city and can order anything I can think of - even Starbucks delivers!). so after looking at what I spent in both calories and money eating out, i realized that Nutrisystem would probably be a good fit.

And it totally is so far - other than grabbing veggies to eat, it is very much "grab and go" food - no thinking. Exactly what I need at this stage when life is about my elementary age children, not me. And who knew - but my bank account already looks better. Apparently, I was eating out a LOT in february/march.

So here goes. The first week is rough - very, very low calorie. But it is just a week and then I get to have supplemental food. I'm hoping this works. It HAS too because I don't have the strength for anything else right now. And if all goes well, in a few months I'll start my husband on it.

Any NS tips for this newbie are welcome!
  • RogerToo
    edited April 2019
    Options
    I have posted more humor

The humor is posted here all 100 plus pages of it
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10166490/humorous-pictures#latest

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and not a single solitary cent was found. The Temperature out the door was 46 degrees.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/04/05/college-students-accused-of-900000-counterfeit-apple-iphone-scam.html
    Two college students are accused of scamming Apple out of $900,000 with fake iPhones

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2019/04/05/ohio-man-drinking-only-beer-for-lent-losing-weight/
    Ohio Man Loses More Than 30 Pounds Drinking Only Beer During Lent

https://nypost.com/2019/04/05/florida-man-gets-out-of-jail-immediately-steals-car-from-prison-parking-lot-cops/
    Florida man gets out of jail, immediately steals from car in prison parking lot: cops

https://www.studyfinds.org/sugar-doesnt-improve-mood-makes-people-feel-tired/
    Study: Sugar Doesn’t Improve Mood, Makes People Feel More Tired, Less Alert

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-ethiopia-airplane-reconstruction-insi/how-excess-speed-hasty-commands-and-flawed-software-doomed-an-ethiopian-airlines-737-max-idUSKCN1RH0FJ
    How excess speed, hasty commands and flawed software doomed an Ethiopian Airlines 737 MAX

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/meet-the-press/poll-americans-give-social-media-clear-thumbs-down-n991086
    Poll: Americans give social media a clear thumbs-down
    A sizable majority say social media does more to divide the country than unite it, according to the latest NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll

Have a Nice Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    I’m miserable with this sinus infection. I thought my appointment was Monday but their text reminded says Tuesday. ☹️ non-stop coughing all day and all night!
    Took Em to post office at 7:30sm to renew her passport. I forgot that kids are only valid for 5 years. The line was horrendous!!!! The entire lobby was packed. They open at 8am. We left. Will try on a Friday when she hasday off. You can only make appointments during the week, during school hours! My guess is thst the surge is due to Trump’s threat to close the southern border. Everyone except us was hispanic. I just couldn’t wait there forever.
    Roger- i very rarey(like 3 times in 8 years) have food delivered. I hate having strangers come to my house. My odd quirks and cheap habits are currently helping me lise weight. 🤣
    Hello Val
    That is no way to be well rested, I am sure that the coughing is disrupting Your sleep :(

Since I never had a passport...
    Our post office here does not seem to have that problem due to passports, More like when people are shipping things such as around Christmas.
    You could be right, On the other hand if they qualify for a passport why would they be worried ? I wonder if You need one to go back and forth across the border currently, You would be more likely to know than I.

I would say more that not wanting delivery is helping You lose weight.
    Especially in light of what I saw that I posted below :smiley:

hope4change_val yesterday
    lost 1.1 lbs since last weighing in! Hope4change_val's lost 24.8 lbs so far.

Congratulations
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Good Morning!!

Roger, Interesting articles. I wish everywhere in the country had abuse laws like the ones applied to that fish. I do think they were right to do that. If you have any pet you just need to be responsible. Period. I think ours are a little too lenient, most of the time. But they are getting better, slowly.

We do not have too much delivery at my location. Probably a good thing. My friends and I love to eat lunch out. Just a downfall. Or I need to have less friends, lol... :D Hopefully this next week will only be with 2 of my friends. Some I do not see regularly, but the timing when I do seems to be hazardous to my health. I was doing much better on keto, except for church.
    Hello Jan
    I had pet fish and sometimes things happen with them, One example I was on vacation and one of the aquariums started leaking so my brother moved that fish from that one to another and Blam that new fish ate the old ones :( I can home to a fat Oscar and no Guppies.

Delivery here is generally free with a minimum purchase amount, usually $10 or $15. Or You can get delivery from places that do not deliver using a service that You pay for such as Doordash. There is very little that can not be ordered if I were not to cheap to pay for a service like doordash.
    https://www.doordash.com/?utm_source=bing-sem-brand&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Search_Brand_New-York_Central-Jersey_Exact&utm_term=doordash&utm_content=1222657126135518&kclickid=1b8409c1-632f-4336-84d8-d3cc2a837827
    Order Today & Enjoy $0 Delivery Fee on Your First Order.

Timing is the big problem for me, I have money and the cravings start :(

Did You read the one about the menus from the Titanic, even the crew ate well
    The nearly 1,000 employed on the ship were not neglected, either, which we know from a crew menu that made its way off the ship in the pocket of steward Edenser Wheelton. He was asleep when the boat hit the iceberg, and after assisting others into lifeboats, he escaped himself.

His handwritten menu lists a lunch of fried sole, grilled chicken, porterhouse steak and lobster tail, among other substantial offerings.
    Val, I am not much on people coming to the house either. We live comfortably..and a little laid back I am afraid! So I do know how you feel! I hate my house inspections for A/C, heater, and termites. It is hard to get excited about my yard guy, and he is very nice. I am just so private and get more so the older I get!

Val, just so sorry the infections are getting to you! Weren't you doing the netti pot at some point? I thought it had helped some, but then my memory is so bad lately! Frustrating scene about your passport they are so swamped. It took me forever to do mine as they had little info posted. It took three trips..but I was the only one getting a passport all 3 times...Like real estate..location, location... :|

We live in a crazy world!! :# ...Jan
    It is beginning to sounds as if I would really need to have a passport to go through the aggravation.

The ones I worry about coming to the door are the ones selling scam services. I can tell that when they start off by saying I'm not selling something after I ask what are You selling.

There was a TV news thing about how they come to the door and knock and if no reply then they go around back and break in to the empty house. And a lot of Home invasions in the Metro area too.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Good afternoon, all! I am a Nutrisystem newbie - day 3 on my "FreshStart" program today. I don't have 100 pounds to lose - but close. about 80-90. and it looks like basically all the activity in this group is on this thread, so I'm joining. :)

I was trying to just count calories and eat healthy and etc., but my life is busy and I just struggle when I have to make food decisions because everything else in life takes priority. My mom lost a lot of weight on Jenny Craig years ago, but that is too pricey, so I decided Nutrisystem was a good compromise. Yeah, it's odd to go to breakfast bars instead of oatmeal and packaged dinners instead of home cooked ones, but the problem I had was that in the stress of life I would say, "no time or energy to cook today. order a pizza." or chinese. or whatever. (i live in a big city and can order anything I can think of - even Starbucks delivers!). so after looking at what I spent in both calories and money eating out, i realized that Nutrisystem would probably be a good fit.
    Hello Bread Lady and Welcome, Nutrisystem works if You stay on it, I lost over 200 pounds with it.

If You have a CostCo Membership or have a family member or friend that does they currently have a sale on the NS $100 Gift Cards for around $55 per $100 face value.

I had looked at Jenny as it is fairly close to me, It looked much more expensive too. After the first delivery I switched to the NS Program that gave me some frozen foods, then I switched again to be able to order all frozen after trying the frozen foods, especially the Breakfasts and Lunches. It does help that I have a freezer in the basement. The Various Rolls are tasty and for breakfast NS does have oatmeal and cereal, The Pancakes are tasty too as are the Muffins even if they are a little small, I warm mine in the Microwave FWIW.

The assorted Melts in the Frozen lunches are also pretty good.

I like the packaged Frozen Dinners and some of the Non refrigerated ones. The four Frozen Pizzas are tasty and have a nice crispy crust, add in the two no refrigeration need pizzas and that can satisfy some cravings. FWIW I sprinkle very lightly some Pecorino Romano Cheese to taste sometimes for variety. Also Not that If You have a Power Fuel for dinner You could use it as a extra topping on the Pizzas.

I have found that for me eating out or having takeout acts as a trigger that leads to overeating.
    And it totally is so far - other than grabbing veggies to eat, it is very much "grab and go" food - no thinking. Exactly what I need at this stage when life is about my elementary age children, not me. And who knew - but my bank account already looks better. Apparently, I was eating out a LOT in february/march.

So here goes. The first week is rough - very, very low calorie. But it is just a week and then I get to have supplemental food. I'm hoping this works. It HAS too because I don't have the strength for anything else right now. And if all goes well, in a few months I'll start my husband on it.

I copied this from another message thread
    "Roger I really like the fruits and veggies from Costco so much nicer, it is worth the trip for me"
    I buy the large bags of frozen vegetables at CostCo and I like the way they package the Apples and the variety of them.

BTW if You have Your Hubby join do the refer a friend
    https://www.nutrisystem.com/jsps_hmr/referral/share.jsp?traffic_source=header
    GET $30
    Give your friends $30 off their first plan, and you'll get $30 off too!

It should work unless they offer You a really god deal on a family plan if they have one, I never checked into that.

The NS plan will work when You stay with it.
    This information was from NS a while back
    Hi Roger,
    Here is how we make substitutions for our foods with the Day Off Guide:
    Breakfast Entree = 1 PF + 1 SC
    Lunch Entree = 1 PF + 1 SC
    Dinner Entree = 2 PF + 1 SC
    Dessert = 1 SC
    Since there is a range of calories within each category, you may find lunch and dinner entrees that are fairly comparable.

BTW I saved a bunch of recipes that might be helpful if You become interested in doing some cooking.
    You can find some here
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/106935-ns-plan-recipes
    Do not post there as currently I do not look at it due to lack of activity.

Do look at the Unlimited extras foods, You might find them helpful.

FWIW I found the MFP logging to be helpful, You could also log on Numi.com I found the MFP food logging more useful as You can add items You use with the Nutritional info here.

Feel Free to ask for anything You are having trouble with.
    Once Again Welcome
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    Options

Welcome BreadLady! In 2015, i used nutrisystem to lose 80 pounds. I was feeling great and wogging (walking/jogging) 3 to 10 miles daily. I remember my first few NS meals, i wanted to cry because the portions were so small compared to what i was used to. But it wasn’t long before my body and mind git accustomed to the portions.
    Unfortunately in 2016, while out wogging, a loose Doberman attacked and i hurt my hip. Gor that next year, I was in uncontrollable pain and immobile. And I turned back to food as a coping mechanism. And I gained back every single pound. In 2017, i was just in denial. Then I got really sick...hospitalized with sepsis. So then just staying alive was my focus for 2018.
    Beginning of 2019, I woke up again to the reality that I’m hurting my body by lugging around these extra 100 pounds. I’m avoiding or unable to do activities that I really want to do because of my excess weight. I’m now seeing a nutritionist and eating a healthy keto diet. I’ve dropped almost 25 pounds since the beginning of the year.
    Nutritisystem is great for busy people! It doesn’t make it simple. I am happy for you taking that first step and joining us here.
    Val
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    My added welcome BreadLady!

NS is really very good. I lost about 75 lbs.on Weight Watchers several years ago but I did struggle being really hungry at times. I gradually gained it back and then some. I always have a problem with portion size. I tried NS and the prepackaged things really helped.. I also spent less money. Everyone is a little different. I found all the foods so dense on NS I was full !! (I used the prepackaged foods for quite a while.) And lost about 20 lbs....At some point I grew hungry again and then when binging, :s I ate the NS snacks..like the whole month of chips in one sitting, lol...That is really bad.. :# I have switched to keto and found eating the fats does keep me satisfied. I am not hungry on it. Eating out though is tiresome on keto, and eating at church on Sunday means I give up almost everything but meat, lol...What I have learned is any diet will work if you stick to it. NS is really good and sensible.!! If you find you fall off the wagon, get back and/or (This is important!) Cut your carbs (including some veg) more and eat extra protein and some good fats. Only when the NS is not satisfying you . It will for a long time. Had I done this I would have been more successful on WW and/ or NS and done better than I did! It is day by day! Like an alcoholic.. Logging food is really good!! You can do it!! Good luck!! :) Lost 16, and stopped the gaining.. A win. Jan
  • BreadLady41
    Options
    thanks for the tips, all! i did get a cosco membership - don't have one really close, but I was able to join online and buy the gift cards to help with the price next month. And I did buy the more expensive plan so I could switch out for meals i look and use frozens. having some bars and muffins for grab and go is a good option (I bake all the time and have a habit of making waffles or muffins or bagels and doing the freeze and grab and go option anyway), but for dinners I really want something better than the shelf-stable meals. I dropped all my water weight fast - 5.5 pounds in 3 days - so I know it's working already. i intend to stick with this till all the weight is lost and then intentionally transition in a way that will ensure I maintain (I want a clear maintenance plan in mind up front - I refuse to yo-yo like my mother did my whole life). Oncei master the right size and calorie density for the baked goods, I'll stop using nutrisystems and switch back to my own (I sell baked goods, actually, so it's crazy I would use anything from a package). I hate to cook, though, so if the frozen meals are good they might just have a customer for life. ha.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Welcome BreadLady! In 2015, i used nutrisystem to lose 80 pounds. I was feeling great and wogging (walking/jogging) 3 to 10 miles daily. I remember my first few NS meals, i wanted to cry because the portions were so small compared to what i was used to. But it wasn’t long before my body and mind git accustomed to the portions.
    Unfortunately in 2016, while out wogging, a loose Doberman attacked and i hurt my hip. Gor that next year, I was in uncontrollable pain and immobile. And I turned back to food as a coping mechanism. And I gained back every single pound. In 2017, i was just in denial. Then I got really sick...hospitalized with sepsis. So then just staying alive was my focus for 2018.
    Beginning of 2019, I woke up again to the reality that I’m hurting my body by lugging around these extra 100 pounds. I’m avoiding or unable to do activities that I really want to do because of my excess weight. I’m now seeing a nutritionist and eating a healthy keto diet. I’ve dropped almost 25 pounds since the beginning of the year.
    Nutritisystem is great for busy people! It doesn’t make it simple. I am happy for you taking that first step and joining us here.
    Val
    Hello Val
    I remember that, we had a similar incident broadcast on the TV news where the Dog owner did nothing to help, People like that should be jailed.

I find that the simplicity of NS helps a lot, especially the tasty foods and and the healthy diet as long as You eat the Vegetables and fruits.

Good Luck Tomorrow
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    My added welcome BreadLady!

NS is really very good. I lost about 75 lbs.on Weight Watchers several years ago but I did struggle being really hungry at times. I gradually gained it back and then some. I always have a problem with portion size. I tried NS and the prepackaged things really helped.. I also spent less money. Everyone is a little different. I found all the foods so dense on NS I was full !! (I used the prepackaged foods for quite a while.) And lost about 20 lbs....At some point I grew hungry again and then when binging, :s I ate the NS snacks..like the whole month of chips in one sitting, lol...That is really bad.. :# I have switched to keto and found eating the fats does keep me satisfied. I am not hungry on it. Eating out though is tiresome on keto, and eating at church on Sunday means I give up almost everything but meat, lol...What I have learned is any diet will work if you stick to it. NS is really good and sensible.!! If you find you fall off the wagon, get back and/or (This is important!) Cut your carbs (including some veg) more and eat extra protein and some good fats. Only when the NS is not satisfying you . It will for a long time. Had I done this I would have been more successful on WW and/ or NS and done better than I did! It is day by day! Like an alcoholic.. Logging food is really good!! You can do it!! Good luck!! :) Lost 16, and stopped the gaining.. A win. Jan
    Hello Jan
    It is a shame that some foods are so addictive. If I open a bag of Potato Chips or Fritos before I know it the whole thing is gone and then the next day I crave more :(

Your experience with Keto is similar to mine and then I hit a wall and next thing I knew I was gaining weight. WW in the old days did not really teach healthy eating, Maybe today it does, I do not know, All I know is that it was a fail for me.

I agree cut the carbs, Look at the Nutrition info when ordering from NS, Some things are low carb like the tasty Stuffed Chicken Breasts and I have noticed that many of the Dinner Entrees are also low carb, OTOH the frozen Mac & Cheese is tasty if a bit high at Total Carbohydrate 33g As are the Pizzas, However they are important as they help prevent missing favorite foods :wink:
    If You match them up with a low carb dinner the next day they balance out.

BTW Jan The No Sugar added pickles add a sweet crunch.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    thanks for the tips, all! i did get a costco membership - don't have one really close, but I was able to join online and buy the gift cards to help with the price next month. And I did buy the more expensive plan so I could switch out for meals i look and use frozens. having some bars and muffins for grab and go is a good option (I bake all the time and have a habit of making waffles or muffins or bagels and doing the freeze and grab and go option anyway), but for dinners I really want something better than the shelf-stable meals. I dropped all my water weight fast - 5.5 pounds in 3 days - so I know it's working already. i intend to stick with this till all the weight is lost and then intentionally transition in a way that will ensure I maintain (I want a clear maintenance plan in mind up front - I refuse to yo-yo like my mother did my whole life). Oncei master the right size and calorie density for the baked goods, I'll stop using nutrisystems and switch back to my own (I sell baked goods, actually, so it's crazy I would use anything from a package). I hate to cook, though, so if the frozen meals are good they might just have a customer for life. ha.
    Hello Breadlady
    I have a suspicion that the homemade grab and go foods might be high calorie ?

As I mentioned use the Free foods list. I also Buy the No Sugar Added Gherkins and No sugar added Sweet relish from Mount olive at 0 calories and the Vlassic no sugar added Bread and Butter Spears at 0 calories.
    Due to the way the government regulates labels anything with a less than 5 calories a serving can be listed at 0 calories, Why, I do not know.

A inexpensive source of protein at CostCo are the large cans of Water Pack Chicken Breast add in a little Miracle Whip and the No Sugar added Sweet relish and use the 40 calorie bread and You have a sandwich You can grab and go with.

My maintenance plan is simple. When my NS order comes I delay the next one as long as possible and then intersperse the NS with healthy options from the store. This means avoiding their extra large baked goods and breaded foods. Pasta except from NS is pretty much a no go item as is the Hot foods section Mac and Cheese, Pastas and Pizza which is why I am happy that NS has those covered.

Read the Nutrition Labels, If You can not find the 40 calorie bread for example some of the Rye Bread has really large slices at 90 calories and If I use them for a sandwich I cut that slice in half and only use the one slice.

If You work Your way backwards I posted some Keto baked goods in this message thread that might help You with Your baking. Who knows You might be able to start selling healthy items too.

Have a Good Week
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    More humor is posted, enjoy

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and not a single solitary cent was found. The Temperature out the door was 57 degrees and the rain had moved out of the area, not that early from how wet things were. Today's forecast high is in the upper 70s, Too soon BTW.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/apr/07/how-many-birds-killed-by-skyscrapers-american-cities-report
    Skyscrapers are killing up to 1bn birds a year in US, scientists estimate
    New report ranks deadliest cities for feathered travelers, who often collide with glass-covered or illuminated buildings

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/deadly-germs-lost-cures-a-mysterious-infection-spanning-the-globe-in-a-climate-of-secrecy/ar-BBVFPi7
    Deadly germs, Lost cures: A Mysterious Infection, Spanning the Globe in a Climate of Secrecy

https://www.pressherald.com/2019/04/05/dog-owners-are-much-happier-than-cat-owners-survey-finds/
    Dog owners are much happier than cat owners, survey finds
    Pet owners and non-pet owners are equally happy (or unhappy) but among pet owners, there is a big difference.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6893863/Roswell-UFO-Incident-Area-51-hoax-orchestrated-Soviet-Union-journalist-claims.html
    'Area 51: An Uncensored History': Journalist shares photos connected to the infamous Roswell UFO Incident of 1947 as she claims it was hoax designed by Soviet Union and Joseph Stalin

https://nypost.com/2019/04/05/grandfather-goes-to-garbage-dump-comes-home-with-10-million/
    Grandfather goes to garbage dump, comes home with $10 million

Have a Nice Monday
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Hi all. Today I testified in court about my my motion on behalf of my daughter and it was granted. Feeling relieved. That was stressful. My mind flickered for comfort food to help me feel better...I said no because it won’t help me at all. Then it flickered that I deserve a celebration treat....and i said no, that would only derail my progress.
  • BreadLady41
    Options
    RogerToo wrote: »

Homemade baked goods CAN be terrible - if using traditional recipes. I always use WAY less sugar than called for with quick breads (cookbook says 1 1/4 cup sugar for muffins. I use 1/3 cup) and find anything purchased at a store is worse than mine in calorie content. But mostly I make breads - and for those, it depends on the recipe. I make everything at least half whole wheat - many things are fully whole wheat. Then cut out the oils, sugars, etc, and pay attention to portion sizes, and I have found that my homemade breads are less calorie dense and far higher in fiber than what I can get at the store, when comparing by WEIGHT. and that's the key - always weigh.

My issue with weight loss isn't a lack of knowledge of nutritional value or calorie density or anything like that - in fact, between my pregnancies I successfully lost and maintained the loss of 60 pounds using a whole foods, vegan diet. (I don't believe in cutting carbs. I believe in cutting simple carbs.) I then gained all the weight back during a subsequent pregnancy and simply haven't lost any of it since.

My failure to lose weight is that my life is so busy at this stage that I have been unable to keep up with planning and preparing wholesome foods, leaving me to rely on packaged food and deliveries and of course, eating out is what does it. I was eating out daily for lunch and multiple times a week for dinner, and sabotaging any weight loss efforts I made.

So I chose Nutrisystem. So far the food is not great, but I can eat it - and the convenience far outweighs the quality issues. I think this time my attempt will succeed because the convenience keeps me from eating out. Around the house our snacks tend to be what NS calls "power fuels" and "smart carbs" and veggies - things like bananas, yogurt, peanut butter, carrots, apples, lettuce, and cucumbers. So I do need to improve my veggie intake, but so far I am keeping up with this. 5 days in - I'm feeling good about the way this is working.

• RogerToo
    Options
    Humor has already been posted

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and not a single solitary cent was found. The Temperature out the door was 47 degrees and rain is in the forecast and the forecast high is 55.

I have a coupon for $1.99 a pound butter and a different grocery store has Grand Opening plastered on the front page of their circular even though we checked them out a couple of weeks ago. Sale items with a $15 purchase are 18 large eggs for $0.98, Kraft Mayo for $0.98, a 24 pack of 1 liter bottled water for $1.98 and a 30 ounce Maxwell House Coffee for $3.98, a free pizza with the purchase of another one, Pass on that. Bounty or Charmin 12 pack Essential Paper Towels. Sounds cheaper than the usual CostCo price, I need to check them out, the word essential makes me wonder.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/why-scandinavian-banks-clean-reputations-are-threatened-by-dirty-money/ar-BBVG8oJ
    Why Scandinavian Banks’ Clean Reputations Are Threatened by Dirty Money

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/2019/04/06/blaze-pizza-restaurant-des-moines-iowa-ia-offers-free-pizza-logo-tattoo-flame-twisted-ink/3387288002/
    Would you get a pizza shop’s logo tattooed for free food? These Des Moines residents did.

Serendipity ?
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/04/07/suspected-rhino-poacher-south-africa-killed-elephant-eaten-lions/3393755002/
    Suspected rhino poacher in South Africa killed by an elephant, eaten by a pack of lions

Have a Nice Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi all. Today I testified in court about my my motion on behalf of my daughter and it was granted. Feeling relieved. That was stressful. My mind flickered for comfort food to help me feel better...I said no because it won’t help me at all. Then it flickered that I deserve a celebration treat....and i said no, that would only derail my progress.
    Hello Val
    Good job resisting that little voice in Your head, Wait I have it You deserve a treat for resisting :wink:

Congratulations on removing one source of stress in You Life
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    RogerToo wrote: »

Homemade baked goods CAN be terrible - if using traditional recipes. I always use WAY less sugar than called for with quick breads (cookbook says 1 1/4 cup sugar for muffins. I use 1/3 cup) and find anything purchased at a store is worse than mine in calorie content. But mostly I make breads - and for those, it depends on the recipe. I make everything at least half whole wheat - many things are fully whole wheat. Then cut out the oils, sugars, etc, and pay attention to portion sizes, and I have found that my homemade breads are less calorie dense and far higher in fiber than what I can get at the store, when comparing by WEIGHT. and that's the key - always weigh.
    Hello Breadlady
    If I said the most succesful bread my brother makes is a beer bread using Dark Ale.

I completely agree, weighing everything is key. I weigh using the gram setting on the kitchen scale as that gives a finer weight gradient.

BTW when I started to get serious about losing weight the first thing I did was ditch my digital scale and went to a balance beam scale.
    This one to be specific. I'm pretty sure I paid less than the displayed price too.
    Health O Meter 402LB Mechanical Beam Scale, Height Rod, 400 lb. Capacity, 10-1/2" x 14" x 3-1/4" Platform
    https://www.amazon.com/Health-402LB-Mechanical-Capacity-Platform-x/dp/B000FCF9EA
    My issue with weight loss isn't a lack of knowledge of nutritional value or calorie density or anything like that - in fact, between my pregnancies I successfully lost and maintained the loss of 60 pounds using a whole foods, vegan diet. (I don't believe in cutting carbs. I believe in cutting simple carbs.) I then gained all the weight back during a subsequent pregnancy and simply haven't lost any of it since.

My failure to lose weight is that my life is so busy at this stage that I have been unable to keep up with planning and preparing wholesome foods, leaving me to rely on packaged food and deliveries and of course, eating out is what does it. I was eating out daily for lunch and multiple times a week for dinner, and sabotaging any weight loss efforts I made.

So I chose Nutrisystem. So far the food is not great, but I can eat it - and the convenience far outweighs the quality issues. I think this time my attempt will succeed because the convenience keeps me from eating out. Around the house our snacks tend to be what NS calls "power fuels" and "smart carbs" and veggies - things like bananas, yogurt, peanut butter, carrots, apples, lettuce, and cucumbers. So I do need to improve my veggie intake, but so far I am keeping up with this. 5 days in - I'm feeling good about the way this is working.
    I eat Vegetable twice a day with my lunch and my dinner, each time 170 grams of the frozen vegetables, usually some of the weight is baby carrots and the rest the frozen ones.
    If I buy the frozen vegetables at the Local Grocery store when they are on sale a $0.99 cent bag is good for the day.

I noticed that NS has some new Lunch Melts one is tagged as new and the other two were not around for my last order. I have hopes that they will also be delicious. Those are the:
    Thai Style Chicken Melt
    BBQ Chicken Melt and the
    Beef Stir Fry Melt
    A note about the ratings, when You see Zero reviews and no rating it is because the item is to new for users to have reviews and rated them.
    With the melts I have started not eating the ends where it is all dough and no filling to reduce the carbs. Too many Carbs give me cravings as do snack foods and prepared foods from the stores.

When I started doing maintenance I also found that eating out was a sure fire way to gain weight.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger

Hi Jan