Replies

• SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    Options
    Username: Fitness327wk πŸ’ƒπŸŒΈπŸŒΊ
    Week: July week One
    PW = 136.6
    CW=137.4

Comments: I am working out πŸ‹οΈβ€β™€οΈ and eating within my range. I was a little disappointed of going up, however, it happens. Here is to next week! πŸ€Έβ€β™€οΈπŸ‘πŸ’•πŸ”₯
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    PW = 136.6
    CW=137.4

Comments: I am working out πŸ‹οΈβ€β™€οΈ and eating within my range. I was a little disappointed of going up, however, it happens. Here is to next week! πŸ€Έβ€β™€οΈπŸ‘πŸ’•πŸ”₯

@Fitness327wk It does happen, sometimes you gain a little muscle if you're working out...so take that as a bonus, that helps burn more calories... :smile:
  • Intrinsicat
    Intrinsicat Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: July 3rd

Track: Yes
    Calories under goal: Yes
    Exercise: One hour of Zumba

Ooof, hard to follow that post, so sorry for so much bad news, Cindy! Fingers crossed for benign. I had some big mass on the right one. It was benign but large enough they wanted it out because it had a 50/50 chance of being some sort of mass that goes from benign to not so benign (it wasn't that kind). He never really explained it other than it was harmless, I think it was probably filled with Diet Coke.

I had a good day but also a frustrating day. With everyone weighing in on digital scales I decided to upgrade to digital from our ancient needle scale. Well, that needle scale must have rust in its springs because the new scale found another ten pounds... ugh. And if that wasn't enough its a smart scale - and before I knew it - it was connected to my Apple Health and here so there is no correcting with a handicap score for this competition. I can either change my original weigh in to ten pounds more and go from there or bow out until next month - I certainly don't want to cost the team ten pounds because I upgraded to an accurate scale!!
  • jeapri17
    jeapri17 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Wednesday, 7/3/19

Calories: No
    Exercise: Yes. 45 min. Stretching. Gentle exercises: Arms with 2 lb weights. Hips bumps, circles, figure 8's. Leg lifts. Pelvic lifts. Joint circles.

About 400 calories over. Ate too many veggie straws.

• mylosinggametowin
    mylosinggametowin Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Wednesday, July 3rd)

Track: Yes βœ…
    Calories: Yes βœ…
    Exercise: Nope
    Goals/Day/Comments: Today was all about family. We had a framily get together at my BFF’a house for a cookout and fireworks. I stayed under calories but no exercise. My plan is to get up at 6AM and get some running/walking in.

Happy 4Th of July eve everyone!!
  • AB0215
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Daily Post (Wednesday)

Calories: I am going to say no, I ate a lot of food today.
    Exercise: Yes 60 mins walking, 45 mins weight training--Power Snatches, Power Clean + Push Jerks, Jerk Recoveries and Clamshell situps.
    Comments: Today has not been a great day for me either, not feeling great today, did make it through my workout and work and still up, shouldn't be but I am.
  • cydneebauman
    cydneebauman Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Daily check in

July 3rd
    Tracked: yes
    Calories: over 😭😭
    Exercise: none

Today I went over by 700 calories. This is the first time in 82 days ihave went over. I feel like crap. My stomach hurts, I'm stressed about it.

I know I know. Tomorrow is a new day. Don't worry. All that motivation stuff. But doesn't help. Im going to hit the gym extra hard tomorrow.
  • AB0215
    edited July 2019
    Options
    @13point1runnermomma Nice day and great plans for tomorrow!

@jeapri17 Nice day, great exercise!

@Intrinsicat Nice day, and as for the scale that might be the best course of action considering and it's also still the beginning of the month, better now than later anyway.

@CindyJNC1963 That is definitely not good news. Not good at all, hoping for the best case scenario on that, but none of those options are particularly great. And sorry to hear about your friends, that's not easy either. Tough day all around. Hang in there.

@cydneebauman It's one day, and it's not necessarily the best action to punish yourself by working out harder. Just shake it off, and move forward, that's really the best you can do, we all have those days, I do too, today was one of them for me.
  • cydneebauman
    cydneebauman Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    @AB0215 its really not punishment. When im stressed I need a release so it's more like to calm me down. I know it's one day. Its my first really crappy day so I think I'm taking it harder.
  • Kin59vara
    Kin59vara Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: July 4
    Calories: over :/ problem with night snacking
    Water: 12 cups
    Exercise: Daily Burn: 18974 steps, Zumba

Goals July goals
    1) Track: track as soon as a meal over :/ not dinner of night snacks
    2) Steps at least 100,000 steps a week :/ ( week total 95180)
    3)Strength at least once a day <3
    4) Diet one salad, one fruit: <3
  • Kin59vara
    Kin59vara Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    @AB0215 I thought that I was the only one that had a fear of the blood pressure cuff. I always envision it not stopping and my arm exploding with blood everywhere........of course I have never heard that ever ever happening so I know it is not a rational fear.

• o0kody0o
    o0kody0o Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    @CindyJNC1963 I’m so sorry to hear you had such an awful day. I am hoping that your biopsy result comes back all-clear 🀞🏻 Stay strong πŸ€—
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Options
    @ABO215 thanks for your encouragement and information on blood pressure. Today I was in the normal range.

I am trying to work my way out of the obese category. I hate that word and had not thought of myself in that way. Yikes! This week I am feeling good about my journey.
    Nice loss.
    Weekly weigh in

July week 1
    Day: Wednesday
    PW: 178
    CW: 175.8
    Im officially half way to my goal 😯😯
    Never thought it would go this smooth so far. I honestly never crave junk food, I'm super nervous when/if I start to crave it I won't be able to stop.

SW 216
    CW 175.8
    GW 136

πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰

Fantastic!
  • vicky2767
    Options
    skrowe88 wrote: Β»
    I think I was told that I'm on this team! I weighed in today (my weekly):

SW: 208.2
    CW: 207.6
    GW: 150

Please let me know if I'm not doing this right, @AB0215!
    skrowe88 wrote: Β»
    @AB0215 I don't want to clog up the thread with questions - but are we able to edit posts? I see now that there was a suggested format for the weekly check-ins. Also, is it alright if I only participate in the weekly and not the daily? Thank you! My updated/corrected weekly is as follows:

Username: skrowe88
    Week: July Week 1
    PW = 209.8
    CW=207.6

I also never introduced myself! I'm 30f, recently married, recently became a homeowner and trying to lose some weight to get healthy! I also recently became a pescatarian, so I've been experimenting with ways to get all my protein! I'm happy to have some accountabili-buddies!
    Nice loss.
    @AB0215 here ya go:

Week: July 1st, Week 1
    SW =243.8lbs Weighed in June 24th)
    CW=245.6lbs...womp womp
    GW=200lbs by December 31st
    You got this!!
    tinak33 wrote: Β»
    @AB0215
    please put me on cheer squad for this month....

Having issues with eating my feelings and I am going through some major struggles with it right now... Not sure how long it will be before I pull myself out and get back to business. But for the past 2 weeks, and the foreseeable future... I have an IDGAF attitude, and am eating all the things. :( I will keep it in check, and I don't want to leave the team. Just won't be losing anything this month..... except maybe what I gain this week and probably next week... :(

Hugs my friend.
  • vicky2767
    Options
    PW = 136.6
    CW=137.4

It happens. Could be muscle or your body just adjusting. You have this off in no time.

Calories under goal: No, a little over
    Exercise: 11,100 steps

This has been a really terrible day for me personally. There was a house that blew up in Charlotte yesterday, the husband survived but his wife was killed. I found out this morning that it was someone I knew. About an hour after that I found out that a long time co-worker has been moved to hospice with only days to live (metastatic breast cancer). To top all of that off, I had to go in for a repeat mammogram this afternoon because the first one was abnormal. It was abnormal too. Now I need to go for a biopsy next week. If it is cancer, the doctor said that it is stage 0 which is a really early stage. They told me that more than likely it is totally benign but they don't want to take any chances.

So, yeah, this has been a lousy day.
    So sorry to hear of All this. Prayers that everything will be ok.

Calories under goal: Yes
    Exercise: One hour of Zumba

Ooof, hard to follow that post, so sorry for so much bad news, Cindy! Fingers crossed for benign. I had some big mass on the right one. It was benign but large enough they wanted it out because it had a 50/50 chance of being some sort of mass that goes from benign to not so benign (it wasn't that kind). He never really explained it other than it was harmless, I think it was probably filled with Diet Coke.

I had a good day but also a frustrating day. With everyone weighing in on digital scales I decided to upgrade to digital from our ancient needle scale. Well, that needle scale must have rust in its springs because the new scale found another ten pounds... ugh. And if that wasn't enough its a smart scale - and before I knew it - it was connected to my Apple Health and here so there is no correcting with a handicap score for this competition. I can either change my original weigh in to ten pounds more and go from there or bow out until next month - I certainly don't want to cost the team ten pounds because I upgraded to an accurate scale!!
    Happens a lot with new scales
    Daily check in

July 3rd
    Tracked: yes
    Calories: over 😭😭
    Exercise: none

Today I went over by 700 calories. This is the first time in 82 days ihave went over. I feel like crap. My stomach hurts, I'm stressed about it.

I know I know. Tomorrow is a new day. Don't worry. All that motivation stuff. But doesn't help. Im going to hit the gym extra hard tomorrow.

Hang in there.
  • vicky2767
    Options
    Check in for July 3
    Tracked yes
    Calories over (by ALOT)
    Exercise yes.
  • AB0215
    Options
    @AB0215 I thought that I was the only one that had a fear of the blood pressure cuff. I always envision it not stopping and my arm exploding with blood everywhere........of course I have never heard that ever ever happening so I know it is not a rational fear.

@Kin59vara Nope, the struggle is real. It got a little easier when I got one of those home testing ones and test it regularly, but it's still a struggle for me. I can't say that my fear goes that far, but as it tightens, I just get more and more stressed, which of course does nothing for my blood pressure...they had to stop testing it with the automated machines and do it the old fashioned way before they'd get normal readings, at least they will do that instead of just telling me I have high blood pressure. I really don't, I just stress out when tested!
  • AB0215
    Options
    Check in for July 3
    Tracked yes
    Calories over (by ALOT)
    Exercise yes.

@vicky2767 Same. Not a great day for my eating, but it's one day, we will get back to it!
  • AB0215
    Options
    @AB0215 its really not punishment. When im stressed I need a release so it's more like to calm me down. I know it's one day. Its my first really crappy day so I think I'm taking it harder.

@cydneebauman Personally, when I'm downstairs in my gym, it's my happy place. I get it. I just don't want to see you punish yourself, that's not going to help!
This discussion has been closed.