Exercise and Weight Loss Challenges

Options

Replies

• MapDancer
    MapDancer Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    My daughter came by today. She weighed herself at home and then on both scales at my house. We all really like the numbers on the old white scale but the glass one matches with her home scale. So all this scale back and forth may seem silly to those who follow the 1/wk or even 1/mo schedule but once I started on MFP I weighed every day to my goal and continue into maintenance. I guess it depends on what you do with the info. I don't get discouraged by a higher number. I drive down the road with my eyes open - not just peeking once every mile!

So I would like to get to 134 on the glass scale during the next 9 weeks.
  • gaylebodine
    gaylebodine Posts: 1,678 Member
    Options
    09/07/18: 197.3
    10/18/18: 197.1
    Getting back on the wagon after a long time in the weeds. Still struggling with night eating but continuing to work on it.
    I am so mixed on spiders Pam. They are a symbol of the Great Mother and the Great Weaver but I do not want them in my house! I usually capture them and put them outside. My first X husband was sure they were aliens. And they do have a very foreign, not like me feel. It's those 8 legs. 14l3v4rw4d1l.jpg
  • gaylebodine
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I do drawing classes with kids for Young Rembrandts. This month we've done taffy apples, scarecrows and spiders. The picture is from a second or third grader can't remember which. I don't choose the lessons. We have a local butterfly pavilion where kids can get up close with butterflies and other bugs. Most of the elementary kids in this class had held Rosie, the tarantula. My son held her (with me, behind him, gritting my teeth). He is 21 now so this is very many Rosies later, for sure. It is all about kids learning to see the shapes and this lesson was about patterns with a spooky October theme. Is Halloween a thing in Canada?
  • maryschwartzroby
    maryschwartzroby Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Hi gang , yep back again.Day1,step1.At this point my goal is to make it to day 2.Sweets,sweets,sweets,a hugh downfall for me.Back to drinking sodas too.Need tons of encouragement!!! 10-27-18 240.5
  • maryschwartzroby
    Options
    I hope 2019 will be a good year for everyone.
  • MapDancer
    Options
    Happy New Year to you all!

• maryschwartzroby
    Options
    Day1 244.0 2/2 /19
  • gaylebodine
    Options
    Been away for a while and the good news is that I didn't gain, and the bad news is that I didn't lose. Started some time ago, On July 7th, 1700+ days ago, what ever that is in dieter years, lol. Lost 50 the first year, gained back 25, have stayed around 200 lbs for a while. Now it's time to work on it again. My challenge to myself and whoever is interested is to do whatever has worked for you in the past, one day at a time, one season at a time. Since summer and my birthday is here again I've decided I'm tired of the spare tire around my middle and want to feel less like a tank. Let's do this. All of June, July, August.
  • maryschwartzroby
    Options
    Hello everyone.I'm starting over ,again. We are taking a vacation in Oct. and I know we'll be d oing a lot of sightseeing.I need to get in shape,as much as I can by Oct.
  • maryschwartzroby
    Options
    7/6/2019-242.0
  • gaylebodine
    Options
    Oct 26th, 2019: 192.9
    I've been fighting other fights and neglecting this group. But I've found a new lease on life with the Keto diet. I'm doing the Dirty Lazy Keto which means I mostly just count carbs (Lazy) and do eat foods that would be cheat foods for strict Keto folks (like sugar substitute, sugar free jello and like that) that's the Dirty. Course MFP keeps tracks of the other macros. I tell you, after being a low fat adherent for most of my adult life it is amazing to have butter and other fats back and weird to be struggling to get enough fat each day. Have lost 8 pounds in 11 days. I look at the scale numbers but don't really trust them, if you know what I mean. I do miss: bread, potatoes, bananas, corn, but seems worth it. I will explore garlic whipped cauliflower and the weird Keto bread as some point. I think corn was not good for me anyway.
  • gaylebodine
    Options
    Nov 1, 2019: 193.7
    Not worried about the little bounce. See a difference when I am over on my salt. Still gathering all the Keto supplies I need. Feeling short on money to buy the food I want/need. Feel good about losing about 7 pounds in a little over two weeks. Think the 192.9 was still about the water weight. But now my loss feels solid. Not sure what to do about Thanksgiving, but got through Halloween with no mini candy bars eaten.
  • gaylebodine
    Options
    Nov. 9th 2019: 193.1
    A little discouraged but bought some new Keto cookbooks and will try some new things. Can't believe that I spent over 200.00 on groceries last night (should not go tired, hungry) to get some Keto and Fast Metabolism staples. I am looking a Kaley Pomroy's Fast Metabolism Diet. I tried it before and it was "too hard" but now that I have been doing Keto for a while it looks easy. I know I am going to stick with trying to get the bulge budged so that is what I'm going to focus on. Like the no wheat, very low dairy, no corn, no soy, including healthy fat. so whichever way I go will stick with that. Have great recipes that are gluten free.

Let me do this ABCS style. A Method I am encouraging my students to learn.
    Aim High: I don't want to get totally wrinkled up (I'm a senior) so am aiming for 162. Just about 30 pounds to go
    Believe in Yourself: I know I can do it because I lost 50 pounds with tracking food before. I am not only looking to lose weight but to reduce inflammation and have a relationship with food that is healthy.
    Care and Commit: I really care about this goal--I want to reduce joint and foot pain and feel better about the way I look. I am committed to losing 30 more pounds, I believe this will make a big difference in my health.
    Specify and Self-Reflect: I have set a specific goal: lose 30 pounds in order to weigh 162 pounds. It seems I am losing about 5 pounds a month so I should reach my goal in 6 months (or sooner). I should reach my goal by Spring 2020 or sooner. In terms of self reflection I am tracking my progress via MyfitnessPal (free online tracker) and weighing myself each Friday (I do weigh most days). I will continue to reflect on the effectiveness of the food plans I am exploring.
  • gaylebodine
    Options
    Nov. 9th 2019: 193.1
    Nov. 15th, 2019:195.1
    Oops, going to the wrong direction. I am currently, because of a suggestion from the Haley people to do so, on the Haley Pomroy maintenance. I plan to eat within 1350 calories, include Haley carbs and fruits (vegis including winter squash, rice noodles, rice, oatmeal, sweet potatoes, apples, peaches, cantaloupe, honeydew, citrus). Avoid white potatoes, soy, wheat, except gluten free or sprouted grain baked goods, milk, dairy other than mozzarella cheese, some yogurt. I may add a one or two day weekly of intermittent fasting or 600 calorie days. Depending on how this goes will, in January, begin the Haley program. Limited caffeine.
  • gaylebodine
    Options
    Oct 26th: 192.9
    Nov 1st : 193.7
    Nov. 9th : 193.1
    Nov.15th:195.1
    Nov.22nd:193.1
    I'm feeling pretty good about no soy, corn, wheat, bananas, low sugar, low dairy.
  • gaylebodine
    Options
    Nov 26th: 190.8!
    This is Tuesday, not Friday, but had to record this. Little by little I am almost out of the 90's. Just have to avoid the foods that break me out in fat. No wheat, no corn, no soy, no refined sugar, light dairy. Keeping my carbs under 100 gm. 1350 calories a day and giving myself calories for extended activity.
  • gaylebodine
    Options
    Nov. 28th:190.8
    No corn, no soy, no wheat, limited dairy, sugar. moderate protein. Carbs 100 gm or under. Tonight going out for Thanksgiving meal so eating light today. Making turkey dinner tomorrow but will make cauliflower mashed and no dinner roles. May make dressing with sprouted wheat bread. Pumpkin pie (without crust for me).
  • gaylebodine
    Options
    Nov. 28th:190.8
    Dec. 7th :190.5
    I've been bouncing around in the very low 190's for a while, thought maybe I could just gradually lose weight by keeping my carbs between 50 and 150 gms and avoiding the food that are bad for me but think I will need to actually do Haley or start seriously with the two fasting days a week. Not sure which I will choose. Not sure if sprouted bread is working for me. May start drinking kombuchu because my gut is not that happy.
  • MapDancer
    Options
    Hi Gayle! I'm on extended hold with customer service so started looking up websites... and found my way back to MFP. Good to find a familiar face!
    It's almost time for my annual questionnaire from the National Weight Loss Survey. The most difficult question is how many flights of stairs (defined as 10 steps) I went up in a week - I keep a page at the top of each flight in my house to tally mark.
    Portion control (though without logging) and daily exercise (usually walking on the treadmill) keep me in my maintance range of 136-138.
    Our local community college has a dancer-cise class SHiNE and a belly dancer-cise class that has been part of my weekly exercise. Both are fun workouts. I could never enjoy a gym program!

Have a wonderful holiday and continued success in the New Year!
  • gaylebodine
    Options
    So great to see you Pam! I've been happy, sort of, talking to myself but grateful for your check in. So impressive that you keep your weight in the right range through your consistent effort. I'm going to start swimming with a friend, now that I've learned that I can wear tights with my suit, and hope to find a chair yoga class that works with my schedule. I have trouble with my Achilles tendons and feet so my old standby, walking is not a go. I do work three half days at Target and that is good to keep me moving.