tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    tryingagain5
    Wednesday
    Week 4
    PW: 188.4
    CW: 188.4
    maintain, with my eating all over the place a maintain is great

I looked back at my weight journal and in March I show I lost 4.4 pounds and in April I found 4.2 of them back.🙁 Time to get completely back on track.

• Freeglerock
    Freeglerock Posts: 2,864 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    User ID: Freeglerock
    Week Number: 5 (?)
    Previous weight: 194
    Current weight: 192.7

Wasn't really expecting a loss as have only been back on track since Sunday, but happy I have :-)

Tuesday check in:
    Food: logged and under
    Water: didn't measure (but did substitute a couple of coffees for fruit/herbal teas, so better than normal!)
    Exercise: 80min of cardio (dance and step)
    Steps: 8,032

Yesterday and today have been ok, though really find I get stiff with lack of movement during my "working" day.  When in the office I am constantly walking to talk face to face with people, or taking a trip to the cafe or kitchen, but at home I just don't move!  A day in the office is normally about 5-6k steps, but at home I am lucky if I get up to 1.5 k.  Thankfully I have found some time to get some exercise in to combat the stiffness.

Today after "work" we did go for a short walk to Donnington Castle which was good (if a little muddy!)  Think kids benefited from getting out as weather has been a bit too rainy for the garden the past couple of days.
    4zlft29gg9tt.jpg
  • Freeglerock
    Freeglerock Posts: 2,864 Member
    Options
    @tryingagain5 I feel your pain - this year so far has been lose, gain, lose, gain.  Always the same 5/6 pounds!  A new month is a good time to refocus and get fully back in the game :-)
    @Cafelelia sorry, I did not realise you had been unwell - so pleased you are feeling somewhat better, and well done on the hike!  Take care of yourself x
    @GingerPwr fantastic loss!  Well done!
    @podperson1 that burger bowl sounds amazing!  I love a salad, but have been getting bored with the standard "toppings".  Will have to give a burger a try.
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    @Cafelelia
    It is hard having a mask on for the whole shift. I know it's not just me since others have said something about it too. One lady said she gets dizzy and nauseous and one of the guys said it's hard to breathe with it on. I don't find the mask irritating to my skin but it is very hot, the disposable ones and the cloth even more.

Yes, I've been trying to keep it off as long as possible at breaks. Everyone adjusts their masks all the time, pulling them away from the face to get a little air in.
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    @Freeglerock
    Sounds like you and I have the same goal. Trying to get our food and exercise back on track. I know it's harder right now with our routines all messed up but you'd think that if we can stay on track with all our busyness that we should be able to do it now that we have more time. I'm sure a lot of it is the stress of all the unknowns in the world right now. We all just need to do the best we can.
  • CassieGetsFit2013
    CassieGetsFit2013 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    podperson1 wrote: »
    @CassieGetsFit2013 - Sadly, it's pretty impossible to 'spot reduce' weight from certain areas (I tend to lose from my boobs first - come on now, that's the only area it can stay if it wants to :D ). I think it's good to get into habits of toning up muscle areas for strength and flexibility but you might not see the full benefits of it until you lose more through cardio. A friend of mine used to say she had a perfect six pack, you just couldn't see it through the layer of fat on top lol! That said, you're making progress, you're pushing forward and don't let anyone else make you feel bad about yourself. I hear you on the negative thoughts being hard to shake though.

Haha, yeah...I don't really want to lose any fat in my boobs, they aren't very big to begin with! Lol...🤣😂 Haha, that's funny what your friend used to say, wonder if mines under there somewhere! Yup, I am pushing myself and trying to make progress! I'll try not to let anyone make me feel bad about myself, it sure isn't easy though!

• CassieGetsFit2013
    Options
    Cafelelia wrote: »
    @CassieGetsFit2013 - I am so happy that you are staying on track and focusing on your goals. I don’t know anything about TMS therapy and perhaps that is something you can discuss with your doctor and counsellor, if you have not already.

Thanks! I'm definitely trying! I wasn't doing very well through this month, but I am doing better at the end of it and want to continue through May to do good! That's okay, I was just seeing if anyone here had any infirmation on jt maybe from someone they knew that did it, etc. I've already talked to my Psychiatrist and Counselor about it, but it would be nice to hear some things from people that have been through it, just not sure where to go to find some of these people! 😋

• CassieGetsFit2013
    Options
    Well, I am bummed out! I started my period today! Really weird and sucks cause it's the SECOND one this month!! Wish that meant I won't have one in May! But I probably will anyway...🙄 So, this means now I will have back, knee and hip pain, get horrible sleep and not sure how my weigh in will go this Sunday. Ugh!! I'm going to stay on track with my calories and try and be more active so I hope my weigh in isn't a bad one!! Wish me luck!
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    @lennoncpa
    Aww, Sunny! That looks really uncomfortable but he looks pretty content.
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    Thursday 4/29
    Food: good
    Water: 40 oz
    Exercise: 20 minute low intensity, 30 minute walk

I got up early today on purpose so I could listen to my church's midweek livestream check in.

My neighbor and I were planning on walking but it was raining so we waited an hour and then it was clear enough for us to go. We walked around our condo complex since we didn't want to be too far away in case it started raining again.

We saw several of our neighbors out with their dogs. That's always fun. We like to call it a "dog party" because the dogs that were out all like each other. It's almost like people standing around the water cooler at work. Of course the dogs want each other's attention and our attention. If one person is petting one dog, another will get jealous and want to be petted by that same person, even if someone else was already petting them. They're all silly dogs but a lot of fun.

I got a nice compliment from one of my neighbors who was driving past. She saw me yesterday in shorts and a t-shirt (it was 70 degrees yesterday and 50 today). She said it looked like I had lost weight. I haven't but it made me feel pretty good.
  • ProfDawnLee
    ProfDawnLee Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Wednesday weigh in
    144 last week
    144 this week

Hopefully will
    Be down next week. Started a consistency calendar to make good eating habits so hope that helps . I think May will be better.
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    04/29 steps 3716
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,077 Member
    Options
    Ljdanny
    Thursday
    Week 4
    Pw 189.8
    Cw 189.8
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,077 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing my scale really likes that number it's been the same for 3 weeks. I have been eating pretty well and walking, some exercise. I had a little picnic with my friend yesterday, social distanced of course. It was a beautiful day. Its raining today, I didn't think it was going to start raining until later so I thought I was going to get some yardwork done. Tomorrow is going to rain all day also. I have a meeting today with my bosses, we will see what information they are going to give me.
  • nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Nstephenson01
    Thursday
    Week 5
    PW: 170.4
    CW: 172.2

Yikes I’m several pages behind on posts but I’m so happy to see you guys are coming on here and posting. Way to go Team!! I will get caught up on how everyone is doing. I was hoping to be back in the 160’s at the end of the month so this big gain is a real bummer. We did go for a drive the other day to a state park we hadn’t visited before which was a lovely diversion but coming back through town we grabbed takeout burgers & fries. I hope this gain is due to the extra sodium. Been upping my water to compensate. Regardless I need to get my head straight and back on track.
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Since my last check in
    Food: bad
    Water: good
    Exercise: Doing well-30 min walk or stationary bike, PT, stretches and strength

I am up in weight even more than when I checked in last. Not sure why. I think fluid because my ring is really tight. I am hoping if I drink a lot of water today some of that may go away. I need to stop with the snacking. It is amazing how good habits go out the window so quickly. I think part of the problem is that I have a hard time planning because my day depends on Jim's day. This morning was good. He had a call at 9:30 so he was up and showered and in the office by 9. I won't need to worry about him until 11 for his OT and then lunch. He is doing more and more on his own. I don't need to be with him all the time when he walks around the house or needs to use the bathroom. I have to set everything up for him and then he does things himself. I set the shower up, lay his clothes out, things like that. I also have to be with him on the steps but that will end soon I am sure. He also has walked around the block at least once a day for the past 2 days. He does still get tired very quickly. Just showering and getting dressed wipe him out. He has progressed quicker than I imagined.

So for today-water, exercise and no snacking unless it is fruit. Hope everyone has a good day!

@kenzierenzieroo Welcome!! Looking forward to getting to know you! Love your name too! That is fun to say!
    @nstephenson01 What a nice idea to take a drive through a state park. I wonder if ours are open to drive through at least. Jim likes to go for drives since he has been cooped up. That gain could absolutely be from the burger and fries. I am with you, I need to get my head back in the game too. I need to get back into the IF. I was doing the 14 hours on and off. If I get the timing right (I like the 7p to 9a), I do well.
    @1theresamcvean How scary this virus is and how different the symptoms are. Jim had crazy dreams and hallucinations. We thought it was from the strong medications but I was starting to get concerned because it was lasting so long. I wonder if it was a combo of both. Of course they couldn't be pleasant dreams. He thought he was in a war. It was very vivid. We keep telling him he should write a fictional story.
    @tryingagain5 It must be hard to learn day to day if you are working or not. Especially being on night shift because you have to plan you sleep. I know when I didn't work the next day, I got myself up earlier. You have been doing great with your exercise and activity. I think it is now so much part of your lifestyle that you would miss it. I also struggle with the food aspect of this all. Let's just take one day at a time and try to get that on track. I know you are doing well for the most part, I need to overhaul lol! Let's make May our month! I also have the same problems with my glasses fogging up. Someone told me I need to clean my glasses with shaving cream. I haven't tried it yet but I will let you know how it works when I do.
    @JillyBT Ugh! What a horrible way to wake up. Good thing you have an alarm though. I am with you, I am looking forward to May.
    @Freeglerock Sounds like you have gotten yourself back on track! Great job! It is so nice you have a place to escape and garden. Is that green house part of the allotment for you to use? What a cute pic of your little one! Is there another little one by the door of the castle? I can't imagine being able to take a walk and see a castle! Can you explore in there or is it dangerous or off limits? That is so awesome! Looks like a beautiful day too!
    @Cafelelia I am glad that you were able to get out and take a hike with your family. I think it is smart that you plan to alternate days with your activity. You were sick so long it is good to ease back into it since you are just starting to feel back to normal. I think that I am also going to go start back officially on Sunday. I am going to still try to get back on track in the mean time because I am so far off but Sunday gives me time to get things organized.
    @lennoncpa Hope all is well with you too xoxo. I just love that Sunny pic! I want to give him a little belly rub!
    @kirsten11872 Sounds like you have been productive during the quarantine. I know now that you have your mind set you will start getting those pounds off. You will get to your goal! Are you doing WW? Just curious what they are doing during this? Guess you have to do it online?
    @Cassiegetsfit2013 You will have to tell us how the TMS therapy goes. I hope you have success. I don't know too much about it.
    @GingerPwr Nice loss! You have been doing great! You will reach your goal in no time!
    @podperson1 It must have not only been strange to be in your office that was empty but also the cab ride must have been strange with there not being the usual traffic out. That burger bowl sounds delicious! I am going to have to try it. Sounds so much better than just having a burger without the bun.
    @ProfDawnLee Maintaining isn't bad. I bet the consistency calendar helps. I use a free app called habit share I really like. I am looking forward to May too!
    @ljdanny Maintaining isn't bad at all. I know you have been doing well so I bet you have a drop soon. Good luck with your meeting at work. I know you are probably curious what the plan is.
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    d8dykd08alzy.jpeg

Our May team thread is up and we officially move to it on Sunday, May 3rd. Please continue to post your weigh ins for Week 5 here, but you can post your step totals for the week on the May thread on Sunday morning.

Here is the link and feel free to go on now to post an introduction and your May goals:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10794366/weight-no-more-team-chat-may-2020#latest
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, Yesterday was another good day. I am weaning myself off of snacking and eating more regularly at meals. As I did before I got sick, I am incorporating 12 to 14 hour IF everyday. I continue to get tired at the end of the day and in the evening, so I am really taking it easy with exercise. A lot my everyday tasks seem to be exercise enough when it comes to my energy levels. Still not great with water, but I will get there. In non-quarantine times, our boys attend a goalie coaching school a few times per week. The school is small and run by former professional goalies. The school is closed during quarantine, but they are doing all kinds of fun things on Zoom & Instagram. Last night they had a Zoom call and interviewed one of their older students who was just drafted into the NHL. All the kids were so excited to talk to him and our boys were very inspired!

@sleepymom5 - Slowly but surely, you will get back to your routine. Jim’s progress really is amazing!

@nstephenson01 - The sodium certainly could have caused some issues. May is coming and it is a good time for many of us to reset.

@ljdanny - Sounds like a lovely day yesterday! You have been doing well with your eating and exercise, and your scale will catch up eventually. We are having a lot of rain here too.

@ProfDawnLee - A consistency calendar is a a great idea. We have an online habit tracker link under announcements that you can also use if you like. Here’s to a better May!

@tryingagain5 - That compliment from your neighbour is a lovely NSV!

@lennoncpa - Sunny is such a cutie. I love that sweater too!

@CassieGetsFit2013 - Hope that you feel better soon and way to go sticking to your plan regardless!

@freeglerock - Fantastic loss! Your kids are adorable and the weather looks lovely there!

This discussion has been closed.