Downsizers - November 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,511 Member
    Options
    azkunk wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018 - I average 95 oz/ day. It’s just a migraine, I’ve been getting them since puberty

That’s not good! I hope it settles down!
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I made a challenge that I will post in a bit. If you guys have any ideas for weekend challenges let me know.

I'm in for the weekend challenge. :)
  • ScorpioGirl70
    ScorpioGirl70 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

thank you for those workout ideas. I am going to print them out and get at least that done. I have been doing miserable at eating and working out and the not smoking.... sigh.

Why is it that when i get my mind set to do something and mess it up, I mess it up big time?
    Example not smoking... I was doing so good for 3 weeks then gave up and now am smoking more then I ever have. It's like I have this self destruction issue.
  • ScorpioGirl70
    ScorpioGirl70 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Scorpiogirl70
    weigh in day is Friday

Steps 1520
  • littleflutterby
    littleflutterby Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Nov 12th Check in

* Track food ✅
    * Stay under calorie goal ✅
    * Not restrict ✅
    * Drink 2L water minimum ✅
    Walks this week- 1 (goal of 3)

Steps 2759

Ugh, so I was going to take a long walk at some time today- but jeeze, I am so burned out! Went for my pedi and the guy doing mine, even though he did a fantastic job, ranted about covid the whole damn time! And being afraid of confrontation I just nodded and said "huh" "yeah, thats terrible" etc repeatedly haha

And then at the dentist, the hygienist is lovely but chewed my ear off the whole time haha.

I love talking but my god I felt tired!

I did, however, get my wife to drive me to the store and i bought some bits for lunches etc. Some deli meat, and eggs for my brekkies (so i don't run out). I'm also going to pack my meals for tomorrow since I am closing at work.

I have been all out of my sugar free squash/cordial for a few days so drinking water has been haaaaaaaard. But I bought some water enhancer today (sugar free of course) and I am on my second glass in an hour- to get my 2L in!

Also, at lunchtime (after my pedi) I went to the mall and they have a little asian place that you can pick and choose up to 3 different meats to go with either rice or noodles. Usually i get the pick 2 or 3 and have a couple of spring rolls with it. TODAY I went for noodles (less calories) and a beef and black bean sauce. so compared to the 900+ calories for the meat portions, I had a cool 250 calories (plus the noodles). And most importantly I don't feel restricted or hard done by!

Tomorrow my meals are already planned out- eggs and cheese (maybe an omelette if I am feeling adventurous) for brekkie, leftovers for lunch and a shake for dinner (since I'll be having it late) and I'll take a couple of clementines as a snack too. I'm on my feet a lot at work, so I'll be burning off some calories for sure!
  • littleflutterby
    Options
    5oaus5yybpat.png

* Runs Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
    * 1 point for each item completed for a possible 5 points a day

Challenge

1. Sit at the table whenever you eat. This prevents mindless eating!

2. Make a list each day and tell us each day what your list was about. Some ideas:
    - things that make you happy
    - what you are grateful for
    - shopping list
    - words of wisdom when things get tough
    - things you love about yourself
    - gift ideas ( Christmas is near)
    - happy memories
    - bucket list

3. One song workout
    - do one or both
    -do it a few times during the day if you want
    - find one you like online
    - I will post 2 below

4. Set a water goal and meet it. I know I find it harder to stay hydrated on weekends.

5. Track! Track! Track! The good, the bad and the ugly!

Let’s crush this weekend

I really like this! I usually eat in my recliner when I'm home but I can make an effort this week! I do a mental gratitude list every day, and setting it on paper/ on my phone is even better! I might just post it here during the weekend :)

The workout one makes me nervous. I am so self conscious and being so big, the workout seems a bit beyond my physical abilities but you KNOW I am going to give it a try (and if i don't lost 10lb this week because of the workout alone I am gonna cry haha)

Water goal- 2L seems like a good target to stick too for now- especially because of my lack of cordial, butttttttttt, it's a good reminder

Tracking is always my go-to for now. It's getting easier as the days go on, now that I'm navigating myself around the site a little easier!

I am ready to rock this challenge for sure!
  • littleflutterby
    Options
    One song workouts

75xp203ax0st.jpeg
    u8xmantbxswb.jpeg

LMAO love how it's giving 3 seconds to get from doing crunches lying down to standing up doing jumping jacks.

Usually takes me a good 15 seconds to do the beached whale roll over to get myself up :D:D:D:D:D
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    5oaus5yybpat.png

Challenge

2. Make a list each day and tell us each day what your list was about. Some ideas:
    - shopping list
    - happy memories
    - bucket list

3. One song workout
    - do one or both
    - I will post 2 below

4. Set a water goal and meet it. I know I find it harder to stay hydrated on weekends.

Let’s crush this weekend

I’m in but this one is not suited to my strengths but I will give it a shot. I’m not big into the mindfulness stuff but I do make grocery lists and I told my daughter we can start planning our Christmas decorations. We moved into a new house so we need some new stuff. Plus, she is a bit down because COVID is starting to surge here and I am not letting her perform in any of the holiday dance performances her studio is putting on. One is at a nursing home ... in the middle of a pandemic! You gotta love AZ, it’s still very much the wild west out here. Sorry for the rant. Anyhow, I am going to let her pick what she wants to help boost her spirits.
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Check-in: Thursday Nov 12

• 30 active minutes - 152 min ✔️
    • Water 2L - 2.5 L ✔️
    • 10,000 steps - 16,191 ✔️
    • no carbs for dinner - fail ✖️

Happy Friday team!

Well I had a bit of a Halloween sweet binge yesterday. I didn’t have very many left so the good news is I can’t have any more. My emotions were all over the place yesterday and I still struggle with comfort eating when I’m feeling down.

Today is a new day, a new opportunity to get it right. I will do my best to go out for my walks and to continue on my healing process from my surgery. I’m doing better each day and am now no longer on pain meds. I still have pain but I’m pushing though it without the meds.

Blessed day ❤️

November goals:

•Achieve at least 30 active minutes daily.
    •Drink at least 2L water daily.
    •Reach at least 10,000 steps daily.
    •No Carbs for dinner.

• mari_moulin
    Options
    lelbarou wrote: »
    Hi everyone. Had a nice day yesterday. I went for a coffee with a friend which is happening only because of the unseasonably warm weather as we can sit outside. The weather has returned to normal and is much cooler today though sunny.

Funny thing that after the coffee with my friend I felt so sad. I don't know if I realized I might not be able to meet her again... funny about the emotions. Sometimes so hard to figure out.

Anyway, I hope everyone is well. Wishing everyone a great day!

Well even if you felt sad afterwards I’m so happy you got to spend that time with her. Sadly it’s gonna be like this for awhile. We have to be strong and get though it all. We will be back to normal one day and we will appreciate our loved ones even more.
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    The walking video was definitely better than the treadmill, it somehow seems to pass the time a lot faster and is more fun. I think I get more steps too, due to how fast the songs are. It even feels like a better workout with the varying speeds and different movements. I'm gonna try some different ones out and find ones I like. I did another one this morning that I didn't like as much. I prefer to walk outside but it's just too cold, especially for my daughter who I had been taking with me a lot. I figure when I have time I can do a longer video, and when I'm shorter on time maybe I could do a couple different shorter videos at different times.

I also love doing videos rather than on a machine just waiting for time to pass. There are so many on YouTube and I also have many that I’ve collected over the years. It’s always fun to change them up 💪🏻
    Had a headache all day yesterday and still have it today. My energy and appetite were both low. I got in my exercise and steps but calories were low. Still low energy today but will try to get those steps in.

Oh no I’m so sorry your dealing with headaches. I do home you can get some relief soon. Make sure you listen to your body. Maybe a rest day is needed. ❤️
    Bluetail6 wrote: »
    Realized that we just have to throw some things out. Refrigerator/freezer are both 68 degrees :/ . Still was able to save most of the frozen stuff. Spaghetti tonight with ground beef and chicken. I am so grateful for my crockpots!!

For those of you who meal prep for families, you have my admiration!!

Ahh what a shame. But I’m glad you managed to save most of it. I also love crockpot cooking. I should do it more often. I tend to not meal prep as my family is quite picky and hubby doesn’t like reheated food. So I’m preparing fresh meals daily here.
    5oaus5yybpat.png

Challenge

- shopping list
    - happy memories
    - bucket list

3. One song workout
    - do one or both
    - I will post 2 below

Let’s crush this weekend

Yes! Great challenge Linda! I will not be doing the workouts but will be doing walks during the songs instead. I still have to be careful with my back.

• Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    Thanks for adding the take 5 for the weekend challenge!

I love the idea of the workout you posted :):)
  • darleenturner
    darleenturner Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

PW 189
    CW 188

a little disappointed with only a 1lb loss this week but haven't been drinking enough water this last few days so need to up that again. Have been been walking more so could be gaining muscle.

• Bluetail6
    Options
    11/12 Check In

Steps: Yes, 7,528
    Calories: Yes
    Water: Yes
    Sleep: Yes :)
    Eating Time: Yes
  • Bluetail6
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    Um, does sitting at my computer desk, I mean table, count for the weekend challenge? :D:D
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Why is it that when i get my mind set to do something and mess it up, I mess it up big time?
    Example not smoking... I was doing so good for 3 weeks then gave up and now am smoking more then I ever have. It's like I have this self destruction issue.

We all have our vices that we struggle with. Don’t be too hard on yourself and just do a little better each day until you get back to where you were. We are here for you ❤️
    Ugh, so I was going to take a long walk at some time today- but jeeze, I am so burned out! Went for my pedi and the guy doing mine, even though he did a fantastic job, ranted about covid the whole damn time! And being afraid of confrontation I just nodded and said "huh" "yeah, thats terrible" etc repeatedly haha

And then at the dentist, the hygienist is lovely but chewed my ear off the whole time haha.

I love talking but my god I felt tired!

I did, however, get my wife to drive me to the store and i bought some bits for lunches etc. Some deli meat, and eggs for my brekkies (so i don't run out). I'm also going to pack my meals for tomorrow since I am closing at work.

I have been all out of my sugar free squash/cordial for a few days so drinking water has been haaaaaaaard. But I bought some water enhancer today (sugar free of course) and I am on my second glass in an hour- to get my 2L in!

Also, at lunchtime (after my pedi) I went to the mall and they have a little asian place that you can pick and choose up to 3 different meats to go with either rice or noodles. Usually i get the pick 2 or 3 and have a couple of spring rolls with it. TODAY I went for noodles (less calories) and a beef and black bean sauce. so compared to the 900+ calories for the meat portions, I had a cool 250 calories (plus the noodles). And most importantly I don't feel restricted or hard done by!

Tomorrow my meals are already planned out- eggs and cheese (maybe an omelette if I am feeling adventurous) for brekkie, leftovers for lunch and a shake for dinner (since I'll be having it late) and I'll take a couple of clementines as a snack too. I'm on my feet a lot at work, so I'll be burning off some calories for sure!

I’m glad that ou at least got your pedi done even if it could have been more relaxing without his rants. Next time bring headphones and let him know you are t listening lol.

Good luck with your 2 L. That’s also my goal and I try to get in even more if I can. Well done planning your meals! Clementines are also my go to snack!

• mari_moulin
    edited November 2020
    Options
    I really like this! I usually eat in my recliner when I'm home but I can make an effort this week! I do a mental gratitude list every day, and setting it on paper/ on my phone is even better! I might just post it here during the weekend :)

The workout one makes me nervous. I am so self conscious and being so big, the workout seems a bit beyond my physical abilities but you KNOW I am going to give it a try (and if i don't lost 10lb this week because of the workout alone I am gonna cry haha)

Water goal- 2L seems like a good target to stick too for now- especially because of my lack of cordial, butttttttttt, it's a good reminder

Tracking is always my go-to for now. It's getting easier as the days go on, now that I'm navigating myself around the site a little easier!

I am ready to rock this challenge for sure!

I agree that eating at a table is such a good idea. It’s so easy to mindless eat on a sofa in front of a TV. I’ve learned that sitting at a table with no distractions helps me realize when I’m full and contour the quantity of food I eat. Don’t worry too much about how hard the workouts are. You can modify any workout as best suits you. The important thing is to give it your best shot and do your best.

LMAO love how it's giving 3 seconds to get from doing crunches lying down to standing up doing jumping jacks.

Usually takes me a good 15 seconds to do the beached whale roll over to get myself up :D:D:D:D:D

This made me giggle. Half my workout would be me trying to get off the floor 🤣🤣
    I’m in but this one is not suited to my strengths but I will give it a shot. I’m not big into the mindfulness stuff but I do make grocery lists and I told my daughter we can start planning our Christmas decorations. We moved into a new house so we need some new stuff. Plus, she is a bit down because COVID is starting to surge here and I am not letting her perform in any of the holiday dance performances her studio is putting on. One is at a nursing home ... in the middle of a pandemic! You gotta love AZ, it’s still very much the wild west out here. Sorry for the rant. Anyhow, I am going to let her pick what she wants to help boost her spirits.

Just do the best you can and modify the areas you struggle with. It’s great that you can do this journey with your daughter ❤️
    a little disappointed with only a 1lb loss this week but haven't been drinking enough water this last few days so need to up that again. Have been been walking more so could be gaining muscle.

No! Never be disappointed for any loss no matter how small it is. We cant always come in with huge losses. Sometimes our bodies need to process what’s happening and it’s never ever linear. Be proud of every success! You are doing great!

• mari_moulin
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Weekend Challenge

My goal: Breakfast Lunch and Dinner

2. Make a list each day and tell us each day what your list was about.

My goal: Goals list ; Christmas list ; & must have shopping items list

3. One song workout

My goal: Music during my walks. 30 min walk each

4. Set a water goal and meet it.

My goal: Minimum 2L

My goal: track it all!
  • Z10Rtza
    Z10Rtza Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    5oaus5yybpat.png

Challenge

- shopping list
    - happy memories
    - bucket list

3. One song workout
    - do one or both
    - I will post 2 below

Let’s crush this weekend

I love it! I find funny that the other day I said I was proud to sit at the table to eat and now I need to do it 3 days!
    I will try to get all the points 😁
  • 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    @lelbarou I think it is great you recognized the emotion of sadness after doing something enjoyable. I wonder what that means?? I sometimes have that feeling, too, and I've wondered why I would have it after doing something fun. Sometimes it happens when I am with several people who have partners and come home alone thinking it could be that I would like to have someone to share these things with. I'm not sure either but I'm rather glad to know someone else experiences something similar....I would love to hear yours and other's thoughts.

• 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    How are you copying and pasting what others have written so it shows up how it does? I can't figure this out.
This discussion has been closed.