Downsizers - April 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    @Beautyofdreams
    I love that you took a chance and ordered white pants!! I ordered some slacks, not the ultra forgiving stretchy Zella brand I live in, for a wedding this Summer. I ordered one size smaller than I currently wear. Keep us posted on how you like them. I will do the same😊
  • transparentenigma
    transparentenigma Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Username: transparentenigma
    Weigh in Day: Monday
    PW: 300.9
    CW: 303

I believe I enjoyed Easter Sunday a bit too much, also my salt intake as I reviewed my diary from last week was way way over. Need to work on not only looking at the calories but the salt... I will do better this week because my goal of 290 still hasn't changed.

Sorry about the step challenge. Is it ongoing or if you miss a week you are out until next month?
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,522 Member
    Options
    Username: transparentenigma
    Weigh in Day: Monday
    PW: 300.9
    CW: 303

I believe I enjoyed Easter Sunday a bit too much, also my salt intake as I reviewed my diary from last week was way way over. Need to work on not only looking at the calories but the salt... I will do better this week because my goal of 290 still hasn't changed.

Sorry about the step challenge. Is it ongoing or if you miss a week you are out until next month?

It is ongoing until you tell me you no longer want to be in it
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 570 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    @lelbarou , @azkunk, @Megan_smartiepants1970 , @lindamtuck2018 , @rwood566 , @Beautyofdreams
    Thank all of you so much for the well wishes for my surgery. I am feeling pretty good today, just a bit tired. All went well yesterday except for the darned IV. They had to stick me twice and dug around a bit with the needle. Ouch! But, other than that, no problems. I rested all day today. No exercise for two weeks:(

@azkunk
    You have a lot going on right now. I am not sure how the schools think that working parents can just be off in the middle of the day for all of this testing. I am so sorry about your sweet dog. It is so painful when they have to leave us.

@lindamtuck2018
    Yes, please excuse me from the weigh-in this week. This morning I was up about four pounds. I am assuming it is from the salty crawfish on Sunday and then all of the IV fluids from the surgery yesterday. So, it is not a good reflection of my week:)
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    @iradi8 grats on the successful surgery. can you use light weights and just use your arms? like cans of soup or beans?

@lindamtuck2018 no new meds, unfortunately. i've actually came off all of my b/p meds because of this. it started about october last year and they took me off one, it stabilized for a bit and then started dropping again so they reduced the other, then took me off when it continued. it stabilized for a while again after i got off the last one but now it flares up pretty bad at times.

checkin for 4/6.
    steps - 3729 not to bad but i don't know how i'll feel tomorrow.
    calories - under 1800. about 1580 before figuring my exercise. didn't want desert. woohoo
    exercise - bowling. played almost 2 games. i had to call it quits when i strained/pulled a hamstring or butt muscle. i didn't feel a pop so i doubt there's a tear, but i've been hobbled the rest of the day. if i can i'll stretch it a bit tomorrow and do a walk. i had a blast bowling, though. scored 91 first game and had a 90 thru 8 frames in the second. ate lunch at a sub shop and ordered a small with only a few toppings. i felt like it was a victory.

@Bluetail6 hope your phone call was a really good opportunity. good luck.
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    Just got off another long phone call to Amazon Customer Service. A whole order got marked as "undeliverable." This was a couple of days ago. Ok, stuff happens. I replaced the items in town. They were more expensive than online. Well, Amazon tells me there is no problem..... Order is shipping.... Customer Service couldn't see where the order said "undeliverable." Anyway, it was just so bizarre, as I was calling to see when my refund would be processed. I got it figured out, I think. I was able to email them a screen shot of what I was looking at finally. Amazon hemmed and hawed, then agreed to refund as I had replaced the items. Also, they could finally see the screen shot. I'm supposed to get a call from another supervisor tomorrow to confirm said conversation and refund...

@rwood566. Thank you for the reminder to post about my phone call that I referred to earlier. Basically, I got a phone call from someone I haven't thought about since Middle School... They tracked me down. It is a long story as to why, but I will go into it tomorrow.

@iradi8. I'm glad that your surgery went well. I wish you a speedy recovery.

@Megan_smartiepants1970. My smartwatch has been on the charger most of the day!! Anyway, put me down for 3,500 steps. I know it's a lot more, but let's stick with that.

@lindamtuck2018. I don't want to forget this. I have been listening to Binaural Sleep Sounds, or Deep Sleep Music for the last 5 nights. As you know, I have bouts of insomnia. I did a search on Youtube, out of the blue, for "sleep music." I wanted some Delta Wave sort of music, to fall asleep to. Well it appears to be working. Not only have I fallen asleep, but have stayed asleep!! A couple of the nights the music has stayed on all night. That wasn't my intention, but I didn't wake up to turn it off!! I'm happy that I have been averaging over 7 hrs., not my usual maybe 6.5 to 7 hrs., lol. Also, 2 nights ago, my husband woke up (he doesn't have insomnia) and was able to get right back to sleep. He said that the music was quite relaxing. I don't have it very loud, and I darken the screen. Anyway, just a thought.

Off to bed. Long and totally weird, but good day overall.😉

• 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    @363days Are you still with us on our step challenge or do you need to be excused ?

I got really off track with posting. I know I must have skipped last week entirely, but if you can use any of this for our group goals, please do. I will post from now on. Thanks, Megan.
    4/1 6658
    4/2 7006
    4/3 8340
    4/4 7790
    4/5 7858
    4/6 6446
  • 363days
    Options
    @Bluetail6 I'm late in saying this but I definitely want to acknowledge the life of your friend, and the passing. It is difficult to be restrained, with Covid, in not getting to be with loved ones to support and care for them. I enjoyed reading all of the closeness you shared with him and with family and extended family. Blessings in healing.
    @Theresam787 I love it! Butter and cream are the new food group!
    @lelbarou I totally get the addiction of food. Having struggled with another, I've said that food seems more difficult for me. With the other addiction, I knew I couldn't have ANY, but with food, ya gotta eat, and it is such a pleasure for me. I've started writing in the mornings again to try to figure out why I'm not losing. I'm pretty sure it is a mental issue because I keep using food to medicate. Also, with my age I'm sure my metabolism has slowed down, so I need to get more activity. I realized just this morning, that I always eat on the "Blue couch" , at night, and so tonight, if I do nothing different, I am not sitting on the blue couch and hopefully it will be a reminder for me to not eat blindly. I've been very down, I think I'm the only one in the group who has lost -0- in 7 months. In other times I would have dropped out and found something new, but I truly don't think there is anything better than this group. I don't think I've stayed with a group this long, and it has shown me that it will "work if you work it", because it is working for so many of you. I'm not allowing me to be my best self and I want to figure out why.
  • 363days
    Options
    @jimboden3 @azkunk I'm living vicariously through you guys! I can't wait to hear how you like your new rowers!
    @jimboden3 - Oklahoma is doing very well on vaccines, too, and it seems that anyone who wants a vaccine has been able to get them. Glad you are able to get yours.
  • 363days
    Options
    @azkunk Uggh, it hurts my heart to hear about you losing another dog, with another senior in the house, as well. It is so very hard to say goodbye. I have a 15 year old that I had to carry the remaining steps home, two days ago, he can't see very well, wet the bed last night, but is actually very frisky and energetic. I also hope you have found transportation for your daughter that is convenient. I get very surprised at the strain they put on parents with the revised school systems.
    @lindamtuck2018 How fun to have a destination at the end of your walk. Good for you to go the distance!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,511 Member
    Options

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    I am not using the reminders to move enough. Half the time I don’t feel the vibration to tell me to move.

@azkunk
    I really want an Apple Watch. I just can’t justify it while my Fitbit is working. Fitbit recently replaced mine as the previous one wasn’t working correctly. There are zone minutes on the Fitbit but I don’t trust them. You get a minute when in fat burning zone and 2 minutes for every minute in cardio. I got 49 minutes yesterday. Some of them came from cleaning so I don’t think those minutes should count. I really need to order the book. Thanks for the insight on the book.

@888Angie888
    Great job on the steps and the mini workout challenge.

@Tazaria87
    Thanks for the recipe. It is now added to my collection.

@rlaskey2
    Dinners on the fly are bad for me. I usually end up with pizza. Great job on not getting takeout.

@TheresaM787
    Great job on the biking!

@Beautyofdreams
    Great check in! It is awesome that you moved out of your comfort zone and ordered the pants.

@iradi8
    Glad your surgery went well. Water retention after iv fluids can be bad. In a few days it should go down.

@rwood566
    Awesome check in! I hope your muscle feels better today. Bowling is a lot of fun and really good exercise. My problem is I am a terrible bowler.

@Bluetail6
    Dealing with customer service can be a pain. I hope you get your refund. We have had good luck with Amazon customer service and getting refunds. That music sounds interesting for sleep. Is it an app you are using?

• lindamtuck2018
    Options

Just a reminder on the weigh in format. It makes it a lot easier for me to find.

Username:
    Weigh in Day
    PW:
    CW:

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Tuesday’s check in
    Daily Goals
    ✅Steps 5,424
    ✅Sleep
    ✅Walk
    ✅Water

I didn’t get to walk for my tea yesterday but I did walk. We ended up deciding to switch dentist due to all the trouble we had with the old one. I had to fill out paperwork to have our records transferred so I walked to the new office. I took a longer way back so I ended up with a decent walk. I have to finish the housework I didn’t get done yesterday and I am walking to get a cup of tea in a few minutes. It is beautiful here today so I am looking forward to the walk.

Have a super hump day!

• 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Steps 4/6: 19,008
    Daily mini-workout ✔️
  • 363days
    Options
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Daily Post April 6
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 116oz
    Steps 9006
    Exercise 45 min walking/jogging intervals on treadmill

Basically all I did yesterday during the day was organize consignment sale stuff. My drop off day is Friday and I'm looking forward to being done with it haha. I should be all done tagging stuff by tonight and tomorrow I will try condensing it down into fewer bins and fitting it into my vehicle.

Last night I needed like 6000 steps to hit my goal so I decided to get on the treadmill. I was just planning on walking the whole time but sometimes I just get these urges to go faster. Part of that stems from wanting to be done faster I'm sure lol. I ended up jogging 3 different times for a period of time and set it faster than I ever have before. A lot of times when I jog, it's my knee or hip that makes me have to go back to walking vs my breathing. I wanted to go fast enough that my lungs were working just as hard as my joints. I felt pretty darn good when I got done.

Right now I'm finishing up eating lunch (homemade primal pizza) and then my husband and I are heading out to get our 1st Covid vaccines!

That's exciting to see you can go faster and jog more. How motivating. Glad you are getting to start your Covid shots.
  • TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    4/7
    Stationary bike 35 minutes. 9 miles, moderate effort
    Steps 4,200
This discussion has been closed.