Share your Numbers

Replies

• Dante_80
    Dante_80 Posts: 479 Member
    edited August 2021
    Wow, @Dante_80 Losing that much in a week is usually a newbies good fortune. That must feel pretty good.

I'm not sure which double digit you are referring to?

Here in Europe we use kilograms as a measure of weight. My current weight of 99,9kg is a double digit figure! I think the last time I wasn't 100 or more kg was in 2003.. B)
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,594 Member
    Of course! lol...I was busy looking at the pounds. Congratulations!
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,730 Member
    Wow, @Dante_80 Losing that much in a week is usually a newbies good fortune. That must feel pretty good.

I'm not sure which double digit you are referring to?

I was assuming that he’s now under 100kg.

• Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,730 Member
    Official weigh day: Saturday

Height: 5'1"

Start Weight (17th March 2021): 211.2 lbs - BMI 40.0 (obese cat 3)
    Last week: 173.8 - BMI 32.9 (obese cat 1)
    This week: 171.6 - BMI 32.5 (obese cat 1)

39.6 lbs lost, 47.1 lbs to go (46.2% towards goal)

05fshkfu8vy7.png
  • lauriekallis
    Congrats! @Bella_Figura
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,547 Member
    Way to go Bella cat!
    And Dante too, of course 99.9 rocks!
    Keep it up (or rather down) glass girl!
    And you and I too ms Laurie❣️
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Joone you are doing really good….keep it up….it is so nice when your clothes feel comfortable and they fit right!
  • lauriekallis
    Big congratulations to you, @joone_9.

It is so sad to lose sight of your huge accomplishment because you haven't hit your goal yet. I'm so glad you found a way to bring your spirits up!

Yay to a new wardrobe!

• glassgirlw2018
    glassgirlw2018 Posts: 25 Member
    Don't keep us in suspense! It is weigh day????!!!!

Friday is weigh day for me! :smile: I'm hoping I get closer to my mini goal of 299 but if not, that's ok too!
  • conniewilkins56
    Age….70 ( groan )
    SW…350 May 28, 2019
    LW….240 June 19, 2021
    CW…244.8 August 1, 2021

My personal goal for the month of August is to get back to my lowest weight and lose 5 more pounds!….kind of ambitious but I am up for the challenge!…I am tired of playing around just because I feel comfortable at this weight…

Aug. 1 244.8
    Aug. 9 242.8

22 days to lose 2.8 more pounds and hoping for a few more!….I am really working hard right now and no urges to binge!

Aug. 24 243.0
    Lost 1.5 lbs…..

My lowest weight was 240 on June 19. 2021
  • conniewilkins56
    The post above isn’t right…..losing my mind….I am up .8 lbs….shoot I thought I had lost lol
  • Dante_80
    Great progress this week.

Height: 166cm - 5'5''
    SW: 177.8 kg - 392 lb - 64,5 ΒΜΙ (May 2020)
    GW: 69 kg - 153 lb - 24,9 ΒΜΙ

LW: 99.9 kg - 220.2 lb - 36,3 ΒΜΙ
    CW: 98.5 kg - 217.2 lb - 35,7 ΒΜΙ
    Variance: -1.4 kg / -3.1 lb / -1.40% TBW

OL: 79.3 kg - 174.8 lb - 28.8 BMI in 498 days

Weight class projections:
    Obese class II: Reached - 21.05.2021 - 401 days.
    Obese class I: 2.2 kg - 4.9 lb - 14 days.
    Overweight: 16.0 kg - 35.3 lb - 100 days.
    Normal: 29.8 kg - 65.6 lb - 187 days.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    dsueteel wrote: »
    Hi, not sure what kind of numbers to post really. So Ill just start throwing some out.

I'm 25, female, 5 foot (almost 5'1), I weigh 259 currently. Being so short, they say I should be about 110-130 lbs. yea right :s

My ultimate goal is to be around 150. My current goal is to get under 200. I'm only on day 2 of tracking. Day one didn't go so well. my only accomplishment was that I actually tracked all the crap I ate last night instead of ignoring it. Today is okay....I ate good stuff, but somehow I only have 150 calories for the rest of the day, and its only 1pm...

I'm new to this particular board, so you might not know me, but not new at all to MFP or the forums, as my profile and post count will tell you.

I started at 378 pounds. I'm 5'1, so basically your height. As of yesterday morning (havent weighed today yet) I weighed 184. Thats 194 pounds down. I am, quite literally, less than HALF the size i used to be. That is through the deaths of my grandparents (who raised me), 4 moves, leaving my ex, the death of my ex (suicide), getting married, going through the immigration process with hubby, and you know, all of life's other drama and stress. including 2 teenagers.

My only goal (like you) is to get to 150. I could have been there long ago, but did take a break at maintenance for several years (around the 130 pound loss mark). 150 isn't that far off, now. Is that going to be my END point? No. Do I know what my end point will BE? Also no. I think I may take it in 5-7 pound increments after i reach 150 and evaluate at each end point as to how I feel and look and want to proceed. I do not ever, in any world, see me going under 120 pounds, and that is really pushing it. I'm 43. I just dont see much need to be that thin at my age.

Back to my point, you CAN do this. And the reason I KNOW this, is because *I* did it. I may be inherently lazy, but I am also inherently STUBBORN. I also did not want to have the health issues that my ex (at that point my husband) did. You name it, he had it. And they resulted in 2 heart attacks and a stroke, that led to partial paralysis. then triple bypass surgery... the ultimately his death... all before he hit age 43. And ALL of it, could have been prevented.

I had (still do) good days and bad. its okay. theres more good than bad. thats all that matters. You are new to logging. It can be tricky at first. Learn how to do it correctly. Learn how to use a food scale. Learn how to find ACCURATE database entries (cause there's a WHOLE LOT of bad ones in there). Learn how to use the recipe builder! It is probably the most under utilized tool MFP has. Ask for help in here or the main forums if you need it or even just want someone to spot check and make sure you are doing it correctly. Try to be more active. Even if its small things at first. DON'T try to make a million changes at first (that's a surefire way to burn out fast). You didnt gain the weight fast, you wont lose it fast. This is a 100 inning game, not a 9 inning game ;) Pre-logging your food helps many keep on track for their calories for the day.

You've got this! Just take it one day at a time and each day try to do a little bit better :) Every pound lost is a win.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    edited August 2021
    jjlewey wrote: »
    Update, I bought a tape measure and it was to small for my biggest around the belly measurement. Talk about feeling *kitten* lol, I stayed strong and in my diet. Got to measure a few other body parts to get a "baseline". Also, I matched my recent low weight today, hopefully tomorrow will bring a new recent record low.

I work a lot with our community theater. When our costumer runs into that issue, she will take a piece of yarn and use that to measure the person and cut it, then lay it out flat on the floor and measure with the tape measure, mark it, then measure the rest and add the two numbers.

does that make sense?
  • PAV8888
    Because at our size our belly button will move... a lot... as weight changes, I suggest you find your pelvic bones and then follow them along the side of the body towards the highest tippy top (illiac crest). Only a short distance above that is your lowest rib. Try to put the strong non elastic rope/string halfway between the two and use the mirror to try to go around at a level and parallel to the floor. It's pretty tough to do actually!

This may not be the maximum point, but it is a repeatable point within reason.... at least for me, the belly button... not as much.
  • PAV8888
    @Dante_80 that's awesome progress!!!!

Are you back from vacation or still galavanting around?

How large of a deficit are you applying as a % of tdee, *on a rolling few week average* (not just the one week)? I knowz you've got spreadsheet moxy!
  • lauriekallis
    Wow, @Dante_80 - youve had a couple (at least!) good weeks in a row. So glad the weightloss fairies - and all your hard work - has been so kind to you.
  • Dante_80
    edited August 2021
    @PAV8888 @lauriekallis , many thanks for the kind words!

Back from vacation. CI has remained steady for the last month, at around 1750kcal, or a little more than a 900kcal deficit.

NN64pxk.png

What has changed is CO, with an increase in daily steps to around 10k (via walking outside). I don't like a priori quantifying exercise, so I have been using this month to gauge how much my new activity affects my deficit.
    On Sunday I'll up my CI to 2k daily and see how the next fortnight goes. I do want to hit the 1% total weight weekly loss sweet-spot if I can, and I wonder if I can fine-tune my nutrition to get it.
  • PAV8888
    edited August 2021
    Don't forget to consider things both ways. Both the 0.25 to 1.5% of bodyweight (or more realistically 0.25 to 1% with most people finding easier sustainability in the 0.5% range especially when they no longer carry obese levels of energy reserves).

But also as a % deficit from TDEE. 20% normal/overweight, 25% obese.... maybe 30% when starting out and at higher levels of energy reserve levels... but be a bit wary of potential side effects especially at 6+ months at much higher percentage rates.

Impressed that you're up to 10k steps given challenges.

You, Sir, are officially Active 👍

And I admit I like your adjustment as you're increasing the size of the pie making your slice proportionately smaller even if the actual size is the same or larger