What Have You Done Today That Is Healthy

Options

Replies

• cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,373 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    9,700 steps today (3 mile hike with a friend this morning, then walking all over the property trimming trees with my husband).

Went to dinner with friends... had a bacon burger (no bun) and fries - so that's not so great ..
  • connierandel
    connierandel Posts: 1,708 Member
    Options
    Kim - hope you are feeling better. I am still bad, but today I at least stuck with my 8-16 intermittent fast, and I moved HEAVY furniture in the bedroom. I am trying to widen walkways and the worst place was our bedroom on Bill's side of the bed. It is because of the marble topped antique dresser. The entire top is marble, with a marble back that goes up to another all marble shelf and the mirror frame. I have those slider things to move heavy furniture, but getting it under the feet was terrible. I know that it hasn't been moved since we painted and carpeted the room, probably 15 years ago. It was just too heavy to move. Whoa - there way too much dust to even admit to!
  • cmsienk
    Options
    Whew! That's a lot of heavy furniture moving, Connie. I hear you on the dust...

4 mile walk with another friend (my friend Beth, who just had her 3rd eye surgery). That's about 8,300 steps. I need to repot my tomatoes... so will try to get that done before it gets any hotter.

• Restfinder
    Restfinder Posts: 2,347 Member
    Options
    You are a walking fiend, Cindy. Wow! I can hardly take 3,000 a day! Connie, good to hear from you! That furniture sounds beautiful though, but I'm sure super heavy. I hope you didn't hurt anything moving it! I would have, but I would have tried - but then again, Wade won't let me even help him move stuff - so...

No more pain, praise the Lord. Still having those antibiotic side effects, but they have slowed down today, I praise the Lord for that as well. Four more days and counting! LOL!

Our garden is looking awesome. Time to trim the zucchini I think, it's growing like crazy! We watched a video on it and if they don't have good air circulation they can get that mildew stuff and the bees can't find the flowers to pollinate them! Who knew?!

Have an awesome day, ladies.
  • connierandel
    Options
    I need to get back to being good. It is just so hard right now. I have been sticking to the fast times at least.
  • cmsienk
    edited June 2023
    Options
    I've been holding steady at 3-4 lbs lost, so at least I'm not gaining. BUT... I still need to lose weight, so I have to get back to better eating. On the upside, I'm walking with my friend, Beth, later this morning, so I'll burn a few calories there
  • Restfinder
    Options
    I finally lost one of the pounds I gained while I was sick - phew! I wore my compression wraps yesterday so it makes me think it's lymphedema water weight. Eating better though, and keeping to my hours of eating as well.
  • cmsienk
    Options
    Nothing... I'm not doing anything healthy right now.😭I've done nothing but snack through my meals the last two days. I skipped my exercise class Monday night because I'd been gone all day and didn't want to abandon my husband. Then, I was supposed to walk with a friend early yesterday, but she texted that it was going to be too cold in the morning and could we do it later. I had already told Dave I was walking early but I'd be back around 10 to help him re-seed a section of the yard... so he changed his plans to accommodate me. So - no walking. I did do a little raking with him, so there's that. I don't know why I can't get myself motivated. It's very frustrating. I'm getting a little done with my container garden, so I've been at least outside, working on that. Thank you for letting me vent. This is just something I need to work on
  • Restfinder
    Options
    I think that this was a weekend to not do anything healthy. We had a double homeschooled Graduation party on Saturday and my dessert plate was full. It's not often there are very many things I can eat, but this time I took some of the three options I had! Yummers. I didn't finish it all, but still (insert piggy nose here)! :# Will get back on track today and actually will be eating lightly, trying to figure out exactly what might be causing the headaches.

Weight: 238.4
  • connierandel
    Options
    Well, I gained 2 pounds...non healthy options here! I have stuck to my hours, but Hershey Kisses keep making appearances between meals.
  • Restfinder
    Options
    It's amazing how those Kisses or M & M's just pop up when we least expect it!

I've been saying "NO" to treats more than I am saying "Yes". I did have a donut mid-week, but that is it for treats. I've even held off on jelly beans until Wade offers me one or two at bedtime! I've found a healthy cracker made from cauliflower that has been pretty good. The initial taste is "huh", but then as I eat more they taste better! When you don't have many options, fairly good is good! LOL! I've also had my sweet potato chips and yesterday got a bag of 10 sm bags of white cheddar puffed corn. I really like puffed corn, but my favorite hasn't been on the shelves lately - the Great Value puffed corn. I just looked at the Walmart site, and it says I can pick it up today at the Walmart that didn't have it just yesterday! Hmmm??? Oh well, we'll keep trying or I'll order them!

Still hanging around the 238 mark. I ordered some compression sleeves for my legs which will be much easier than the wraps. The ones I have a too tight because my legs keep getting bigger from the lipedema. I found a good price on E-bay.
  • cmsienk
    Options
    11,766 recorded steps yesterday. It was probably over 12,000, because several times I walked to the production office without my phone. I'm staying at the Venetian and working in the convention area and it's a long walk from my room to where I'm working.
  • Restfinder
    Options
    Oh wow! Awesome, Cindy!

It's the weekend, so treats are in the offing! I will be careful though and not go overboard like I am wont to do. (I looked it up and that is the correct spelling! My spell checker has it underlined, but I looked it up to be sure!)

I wonder if they make a body brace? I think today I could wear them all! LOL! Well, my knee, my hands, and my back - that's not too bad. Hopefully, this new natural pain reliever will start kicking in!
  • connierandel
    Options
    I have to get back to watching my diet. Those Hershey kisses are being eaten too often. And, we are eating so much pasta because of all of the different diets in the household.
  • Laura_TX
    Laura_TX Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Today I started Real Appeal which is a United Healthcare weight loss program through work insurance. So far it is very mental. I did Precision Nutrition in 2016 and it is very much like PN. Very focused on behavior change and self-awareness.
  • cmsienk
    Options
    A lot of walking this past week... but less sleep than I'd like to have gotten...
  • Restfinder
    Options
    Hey, Laura, so glad you chimed in. I think the mental is 3/4 of any weight loss program. I struggle keeping myself wanting to move in that direction and give in too easily when I want something to eat. I try to make healthy choices, but am not always successful with that. I'm struggling right now to get my determination in place!

I do praise the Lord, as I was praying this morning I realized that I had a lot less headaches than I had been having, and very few of the ones I do have are migraines. God is very good always!

I will say "NO" with determination, and I'm going to begin to do my arm workouts again.
  • Laura_TX
    Laura_TX Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Restfinder, Real Appeal and Precision Nutrition would say that small steps lead to big changes. I know it sounds trite but I have found it to be true. One tiny thing I did during Precision Nutrition was to lay my workout clothes out on the bed so when I got home from work, there they were, nudging me to exercise. I think it actually helped! For that year I also changed the word "workout" to "funout." I felt "work" had a negative connotation.

Yes, God is always good, regardless of our circumstances. :)
  • Restfinder
    Options
    Great ideas!
  • connierandel
    Options
    I need to stop the sugar kick! I am a mess as far as the weight loss goes. It is terrible when you know what to do, have had success with it, and still don't do it. I think the sugar is stress induced.... hmm.