Thoughts, Epiphanies, Insights, & Quotables

Options

Replies

• BCLadybug888
    BCLadybug888 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    Hey 👋 hope everyone survived Easter with fond memories and not too many lbs lol... My chocolate is gone, 2 more Hot Cross Buns to go and that just leaves some ham, and ham is not a problem lol.

I am down like .5 today, week over week, so feeling good about making some real progress...soon...

Is it Spring yet where you are - some frightful weather shown on the news!
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    Oh goodness BC! It’s past spring here in central Texas. We’re into early summer. It was nearly 90F today. Everyone running about in shorts and sandals.
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,879 Member
    Options
    We finally have sunshine today after a rainy start - spring is here but it's a soggy one!
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,639 Member
    Options
    It's what? :neutral:
  • BCLadybug888
    edited April 6
    Options
    Is soggy not used in the States?? Basically means wet, as in penetratively!

Here on the 'wet' coast of Canada we understand soggy lol 😆
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,632 Member
    edited April 6
    Options
    Yooly - I can't imagine!

I left my lovely Ontario spring - with flowers in the garden! - for a cold, wet snow and windy, easy coast.

It's okay though - my sunshine is right here ☀️

t6d6giwhcwa8.jpeg

• PAV8888
    Options
    Hey loooooook...... PUPPIES!!!!!!
  • PAV8888
    edited April 6
    Options
    Is soggy not used in the States?? Basically means wet, as in penetratively! Here on the 'wet' coast of Canada we understand soggy lol 😆
    Hmmm.... my sweet co-provincial BC Lady Bug... I wonder on which coast THIS sunny place is located! :lol:
    epqfcvnbpytx.png

TBH, I was mostly complaining that Ms Bella should not be trying to pull the sogginess card on more deserving individuals!!!

• BCLadybug888
    Options
    Ah PAV, I see said the blind man as he peed on the roses!
  • Creamtea42
    Creamtea42 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Hi Larie, Bella & BC LadyBug!
    Weatherwise - not sunny at all here & defo a bit wet - expecting a Storm Kathleen to visit this weekend!
    Such a tiny country, poles apart with weather! Need some sun!
    What a lovely pic of the grandson Laurie - he has grown! what a cutie
    Bella- can sympathise with feelings re MIL😂- though mine has had to go into a nursing home now as was unworkable at home - kept escaping & causing havoc in the community!!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    You’re in Ireland, Creamtea! Hope the storm goes by lightly.
  • Creamtea42
    edited April 12
    Options
    Decided to revisit the early posts for their sage advice following another night of insomnia ( a joyful side effect of high dose steriods 🙄) They are great! Fortunately, & unfotunately, there’s so much that resonates & I’ve enjoyed reading them - mostly again with “new eyes”, but many for the first time too!

I also love the humour interspaced with advice based on support & friendships you have all made.

Still loads to read & links to find again, but a post that particularly resonated in the early hours …& as the scales looms, was one stating the following: -

“I think the main thing that separates this time from all of my past fails is that I believe this time I figured me out. The mechanics of weight loss are really simple. I eat less than I burn. Managing myself is where I failed and it did take a little creativity to put together a plan that works for me but I think I got it right”.

I’m off sick from work at moment, as recovering from treatment & whilst not being at work is starting to “do my head in”, it is giving ME some head space to think about my health, my weight loss so far & grapple with how much further I have to go.

Not easy having to be a Larger Loser is it?

Yeah, so spot on …. managing myself….my biggest ask… need to get this right.

PS Oops rambling & tired & have a telephone appointment with boss re when I’m “Fit to Return” later today ….. bit anxious as I know I am definitely not recovered enough yet, but well aware of how things must be at work for my colleagues.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Stop.
    Creamtea42 first.
    Seriously.

Co-workers will either cope or will not; but you not giving yourself every opportunity to recover is not the way for them to manage
  • Creamtea42
    Options
    Oh yes Pav, I so agree & this is part of the managing me; getting this right. Too many times I’ve put others before myself. Has not done me any favours, and I’m sure led to further, later sick time when I’ve gone back too early.
  • BCLadybug888
    Options
    "The mechanics of weight loss are really simple. I eat less than I burn. Managing myself is where I failed..."

So true! Reading this just now helped me to get myself upstairs to go to bed when hunger was trying to convince me otherwise. I have hundreds of thousands of stored calories at my disposal, by all rights I should never be hungry! Brain, please take note and override hormones for goodness sake!

@Creamtea42 , as someone who was a very diligent workaholic I can assure you that your loyalty is misplaced when not on you and your family first, only in rare crisis moments should it take precedence on a very temporary basis (if even then).
  • Creamtea42
    Options
    Hi @BCLadybug888 - I do see this & tbf meeting went well & am now feeling supported - from past experiences, with managers have not often felt that, with poor results for my physical, & yes, my emotional health.
    So this is progress in me managing me!
    Just to say “ thank you” BC & Pav though - wise words.
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,632 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Stop.
    Creamtea42 first.
    Seriously.

Co-workers will either cope or will not; but you not giving yourself every opportunity to recover is not the way for them to manage

Fantastic advice PAV. This concept should be our tagline.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    edj6vfj9hh2o.jpeg
  • BCLadybug888
    edited April 17
    Options
    I eat what I want to be, well-rounded but correctly portioned😆
  • PAV8888
    Options