Non Scale Victories

Options

Replies

• Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    On Teams today, a colleague said my face looked thinner. I’m not sure I know how to take these comments when made … uncomfortable muttered some indistinct comment, all flustered! Is a victory tonight though and I’m buzzed!
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    Now that I've lost 17 lbs and have been working out more, I've noticed I don't have as much pain in my hips after a long retail shift!

Also, I walked 3 miles today! I'm pretty tired, but that's the most I've walked since I was in high school!

That is a great accomplishment!
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,618 Member
    Options
    pdd1216 wrote: »
    Walked for exercise for the first time in ever....pretty stoked!

Good for you! I took up walking last year and enjoy it tremendously. More than anything it is so good for my brain! And I am so much more a part of my neighbourhood now :) plus of course it burns calories pretty nicely.
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Walking is such a great exercise!….I wish I could walk more but my hips get tired!…..still I do better than I did two years ago when I could barely get 1500 steps in a day!…swimming is another story!….love the water!….congratulations on your walk pdd1216….
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    eliezalot wrote: »
    Somewhat if a scale victory but nonetheless. My BMI finally just dropped below 35!! I'm now in the lowest risk obesity category, and on my way to just plain old overweight. Considering I started in the 40s, I'm pretty thrilled!

That is wonderful!
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,784 Member
    Options
    eliezalot wrote: »
    Somewhat if a scale victory but nonetheless. My BMI finally just dropped below 35!! I'm now in the lowest risk obesity category, and on my way to just plain old overweight. Considering I started in the 40s, I'm pretty thrilled!

@eliezalot Yay, that's awesome! I too started out in obese category 3 and I'm now in obese category 1 (BMI 33.0) and I agree, it's a great feeling! Won't it be fantastic when we're both merely overweight!
  • eliezalot
    eliezalot Posts: 620 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Mine has dropped from 51 to 35!….

Connie and Bella - that is incredible!!! It feels so good to watch it slowly tick downward!
    I officially started at 44 and today was 34.3. Cheers to category 1!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I'm needing this moral boost this morning. I went from 41.3 to 24.7 within the normal range!! now I'm back up to 25.8 in the overweight category. But I'll get back down there. Just feels like so much more of a battle these days. lol. So much for the moral boost.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,611 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with a moral boost? Hey, the OLD normal weight for a brief period of history was up to BMI 27, I think when they were doing quartiles or something. And you're right on the distribution for longevity! :wink: now go do things gently!
  • eliezalot
    eliezalot Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I'm needing this moral boost this morning. I went from 41.3 to 24.7 within the normal range!! now I'm back up to 25.8 in the overweight category. But I'll get back down there. Just feels like so much more of a battle these days. lol. So much for the moral boost.

That is amazing!!!! I'm not sure I'll ever get to a "nomal" range, it seems so far away still. And 25.8 is pretty darn close. As Pav said - you're on the right part of the curve for health, regardless of the specific number!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Thank you, both. I'll absorb these lovely doses of positivity to power through the rest of the day....staying strong...and eating what I know I should :)