What do we want to acheive today?

Options

Replies

• marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    You only have to floss the ones you want to keep! Regardless of age, my patients who floss have much better oral health.

On a different note, on my way to the mountains for 5 days, may not have Internet. Thank you all for your support . Happy Holidays!
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Today, my 10 day old broken ankle got a red cast instead of a pink one. The swelling is way down - I'm supposed to keep it elevated, yes - and I'm doing well.

• UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 13,060 Member
    Options
    @marekdds, that is more or less what my dentist said. And since I wanna keep 'em...

@MostlyWater, red sound festive and I remember being very frustrated by the swelling & requirement for elevation... although a few minutes with my foot down was usually enough to persuade me...
  • MostlyWater
    Options
    I'm really OK although my world is very small, I just go to work and to the grocery store (which is on the block of my apt). I'm not even going to the library this week!

The main thing that bothers me right now, is that when he changed the cast, I had to hold my leg at a certain elevation for a while. Now my quads are sore. That means I lost muscle tone ....

• djscavone
    djscavone Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Today in Connecticut it is 68 degrees F. I am going to run outside in my summer gear not my winter gear! That is what I will accomplish.
  • BBee5064
    BBee5064 Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    djscavone wrote: »
    Today in Connecticut it is 68 degrees F. I am going to run outside in my summer gear not my winter gear! That is what I will accomplish.

Sounds great
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    I'd just like to survive one more party day (today) intact.......LOL

Stepped on the scale this morning and was surprised to find I have maintained since Thanksgiving which was my goal so I'll do one more party, eat a little of what looks good and probably skip dessert. That seems to have worked!

• UncleMac
    Options
    It snowed overnight in Ottawa. Everything is covered in a blanket of white. A bit late for Christmas.
  • MostlyWater
    Options
    My big activity today is returning some DVDs that I can't renew anymore to the library. That's pretty lame.
  • BBee5064
    Options
    Today January 1st 2016
    I'm going on a nice long walk with the family :smile:
  • BBee5064
    Options
    Today I'm back at my spin class. Need to get back into routine
    Have a great Saturday everyone x
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    After vacation, and then a nasty cold, I finally feel like my normal healthy self again. I managed several walks and one abbreviated trip to the gym last week but today starts my normal routine again.

I'll be at the gym for about 90 minutes this morning and I'm hoping to work weight lifting back into my regimen. I'll have to start a little lower than where I was a couple of weeks ago but hopefully I'll be back to a more solid routine in no time.

Have a great 2016 everyone!! May all your dreams of health, happiness and prosperity come true! ;)
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    I think we will all be refocusing, some to lose, some to maintain. There is just something about the new year. Today is house cleaning for me.
  • beverlyjlarson
    beverlyjlarson Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Today I would lie to focus on going to bed earlier. I work nights and tend to stay up too long after I get home.
  • Fugley01
    Fugley01 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Today I'm going to download map my walk and take the dog for at least 2 miles.
  • E_Brault
    E_Brault Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    My broken ankle is a week old today.

Sorry to hear about your injury. I saw a woman at the grocery store with a broken leg, ankle, foot? Who knows? But she had a cast on from just below her knee and her knee was bent and resting in some type of ... here's a pic - and she didn't have crutches. She got around just fine in the crowded grocery store. I wish you well.

supportknfpdpxomqky.png

• Mccmack
    Mccmack Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Cleaned my bathrooms, washed all the floors in the house, destroyed my old desk and put it in a trash barrel. I got a new desk for Christmas. Took down the Christmas lights. Ran 4 miles in 40 minutes. Went out and watched football game and drank beer.

• UncleMac
    Options
    Mccmack wrote: »
    Cleaned my bathrooms, washed all the floors in the house, destroyed my old desk and put it in a trash barrel. I got a new desk for Christmas. Took down the Christmas lights. Ran 4 miles in 40 minutes. Went out and watched football game and drank beer.
    Good work!! You more than earned the beer!!
  • BBee5064
    Options
    gym at 6 am for spin class & 7 am weights class. I need a lie down
    now :)
  • nikkib0103
    nikkib0103 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    Tree down, all my delicious favorites are out of the house, Christmas is over. I have set only three daily goals for this month - at or under goal, 8 glasses of water, 30 minutes of exercise. So that is what I want to achieve today.