Exercise and Weight Loss Challenges

Options

Replies

• dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    33 lbs lost is really good gayle but I know what you mean as a life time thing.

I am sorry that I have been so absent. A family friend, who was like a brother to me, has lost his battle with cancer. I am still watching what I eat but I am not logging or anything else. Just need some time to absorb the blow.
  • gaylebodine
    gaylebodine Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Marney I am so sorry for your loss! Take time to recover from the blow of course!
  • gaylebodine
    Options
    Giving myself props for recording everything I ate today for the first time in a long time.
  • gmabethof3
    gmabethof3 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    33 lbs lost is really good gayle but I know what you mean as a life time thing.

I am sorry that I have been so absent. A family friend, who was like a brother to me, has lost his battle with cancer. I am still watching what I eat but I am not logging or anything else. Just need some time to absorb the blow.

Marney, so sorry for your loss. Take care and when you are ready to come back we will be here.

• gmabethof3
    Options
    May 6 180.6
    May 13 184.0
    May 20 184.6
    May 27 186.0
    June 3 186.6
    June 12 188.0
    June 17 186.4
    June 24 189.6

Not doing as well as I thought I would. I can't just keep blaming the leg/foot, so I guess I will have to also blame the high humidity(LOL) No really, sitting around a lot in this heat, I find my self drinking a lot of soda's, not good for me I know, I should just drink water/decaf ice tea. I'm still not writing this challenge off, but I know I will do better in the next one. :)

You ladies all have a great day and great weekend. Hope the weather lets up and all this humidity goes away.

• merrygrannie
    merrygrannie Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Fri. May 20-204.0
    Fri. May27-199.5
    Fri. June 3-201.5
    Fri. June 10-205
    Fri.June 17-205.5
    Fri.June 24-201.5
  • dasher602014
    Options
    Fri. May 20-204.0
    Fri. May27-199.5
    Fri. June 3-201.5
    Fri. June 10-205
    Fri.June 17-205.5
    Fri.June 24-201.5

Wow mary! Good going!

Beth, we have lost our humidity. Painting our kitchen has gone into overdrive as is straightening out the rooms that the kitchen stuff took over! Preparing for family dinner and overnight so that they can attend the funeral more easily (we are only 1 hour away while they are 4 and 6 hours away). (You can tell a Canadian - we tell distance by driving time :) )

And, Beth, I have discovered lemon-lime low sodium soda water. Add a wedge of lime or lemon. Just like a soft drink but no carbs or calories.

My weight has stayed the same. I count that as a win this week.
  • dasher602014
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Anyone heard from Charlie?

and I am issuing a 1 week challenge. Log for one week, everything, starting today. Anyone with me?
  • merrygrannie
    Options
    Anyone heard from Charlie?

and I am issuing a 1 week challenge. Log for one week, everything, starting today. Anyone with me?

I'm with you!!!
  • dasher602014
    Options
    Great!

I am doing alright today although I have to stay off the cheese but I am logging it!
  • gaylebodine
    Options
    5/07/16: 183.8 (yikes)
    5/15/16: 185
    5/22/16: 183.7
    5/29/16: 183.5
    6/05/16: 183.7
    missed a check in
    6/19/16: 185.4
    6/26/16: 184.4
    At this point I would like to end up below 183.8 for this challenge, or at least break even. Dealing with bad sinus again and the related exhaustion. My doc is letting me start on meds today so hope to feel better soon. Get to start silver sneakers in July so hopefully that will be a new leaf! Mary you are doing so well! Marney things for you commitment and yeah to everyone else who is still working on it.
  • MapDancer
    MapDancer Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Fri June 24: 133.8
    Cheering everyone on for your one-week all day/all log challenge. I guess I was so simple minded that it never occurred to me not to log when I started MFP. At that time a friend asked if I took the "weekends off". I was puzzled. Off from what? I want to lose weight - that would be two steps forward and one step back. For 18 months 98% of what went into my mouth was logged and I stayed close to my daily totals.

I think that is what was the real path to my success - and watching Korean dramas on the treadmill :p

If you can do one week, then do two weeks...
  • dasher602014
    Options
    Yes, Pam! I logged all the time, then it started falling off until recently when I rarely logged at all. Just logged on. Not logging.

That is why I thought this challenge would help me and maybe others who are struggling.

I know it is the path to success - it worked before, it will work again. Thanks for the reminder from the other side of the fence.
  • merrygrannie
    Options
    Pam,I kept falling off the wagon.I would be really faithful about logging in my food and exercise.Unfortunately ,I had plenty of days where I would become discouraged and stop.Little challenges help me refocus on what I need to be doing plus having someone else who is doing the challenge with me.
  • dasher602014
    Options
    Well, I am finding my challenge, challenging.

Family came for dinner yesterday and I was so tired from preparing the house (we are in the middle of painting the kitchen) and clearing and cleaning bedrooms and making dinner, that I did not log last night's dinner.

Today, we all took off after breakfast and went the memorial of my oldest brother's friend. My brother was MC of the event and did very well. The slideshow was mostly about occasions that were spent with my family over the 60 years that we all knew Alan. Both delightful and hard to watch at the same time.

But food today? Big breakfast because we did not know when the next meal would be. Then sandwiches and desserts offered 5 hours later. Three homemade peanut butter cookies just blew the whole day.

However, I logged it!

Tomorrow a new day. Trying not to think that the week is blown on the challenge. So I will log tomorrow.

Mary, how are you doing with the logging? Are we declaring you the winner for this week?
  • merrygrannie
    Options
    Well, I am finding my challenge, challenging.

Family came for dinner yesterday and I was so tired from preparing the house (we are in the middle of painting the kitchen) and clearing and cleaning bedrooms and making dinner, that I did not log last night's dinner.

Today, we all took off after breakfast and went the memorial of my oldest brother's friend. My brother was MC of the event and did very well. The slideshow was mostly about occasions that were spent with my family over the 60 years that we all knew Alan. Both delightful and hard to watch at the same time.

But food today? Big breakfast because we did not know when the next meal would be. Then sandwiches and desserts offered 5 hours later. Three homemade peanut butter cookies just blew the whole day.

However, I logged it!

Tomorrow a new day. Trying not to think that the week is blown on the challenge. So I will log tomorrow.

Mary, how are you doing with the logging? Are we declaring you the winner for this week?

I'm doing very well.I've logged in everyday.Even though you've had some challenges you have still logged in which was our goal this week.That's fantastic.

Yesterday is gone and today is a new day.let's make it a great day!
  • dasher602014
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Mary and I both logged in every day! Yeah! Step 1 nailed. But I did not log all my food. How about you Mary? Did every bite get logged?

Next week's challenge. Rinse and repeat. Logging all food, every day. Every. Single. Bite. Are you still with me Mary? Anyone else?

I stopped the upward climb in weight. I stayed the same again but without the .5 increases (and losses) every other day. So I feel it isn't as precarious a "stayed the same" as it was. In other words, fighting to lower ground not fighting to stay the same.

Thanks for your support gang.
  • merrygrannie
    Options
    I'm still with you.I don't think I logged in every bite but will try harder next week.
  • merrygrannie
    Options
    Fri. May 20-204.0
    Fri. May27-199.5
    Fri. June 3-201.5
    Fri. June 10-205
    Fri.June 17-205.5
    Fri.June 24-201.5
    Fri. July 1-200.0
  • gmabethof3
    Options
    Mary and I both logged in every day! Yeah! Step 1 nailed. But I did not log all my food. How about you Mary? Did every bite get logged?

Next week's challenge. Rinse and repeat. Logging all food, every day. Every. Single. Bite. Are you still with me Mary? Anyone else?

I stopped the upward climb in weight. I stayed the same again but without the .5 increases (and losses) every other day. So I feel it isn't as precarious a "stayed the same" as it was. In other words, fighting to lower ground not fighting to stay the same.

Thanks for your support gang.

Count me in on the Rinse and Repeat, I will log in all my food this week!