Weigh in Wednesday

Replies

• ramblinirishrose
    ramblinirishrose Posts: 42 Member
    I think having a weigh in day is great and will start on Wednesday.
  • petunia773
    petunia773 Posts: 473 Member
    petunia773 wrote: »
    August 14, 2015 - 234 (started low carb)
    Today's weight - 184
    50 pound loss since starting LC 10 months ago
    Height - 5'7"

I'm thinking I may be at my goal weight...ultimately I wanted to get down to 150 but I haven't lost any weight since April. Well, I take that back, I got down to 179.8 on May 4 but I've been bouncing around the 185 mark all along. My logging is non-existent and I know I don't follow low carb as closely as I had been at the beginning. I'm fine maintaining through the summer I think. I do exercise most days. I feel pretty good in my size 10 pants and medium shirts. I do have quite a bit of loose skin but that's from weighing almost 300 pounds before I underwent gastric bypass surgery in 2008. That will never go away without surgery. I was able to get down to 160 after surgery but that weight slowly crept back because...well...life. I'm ashamed I let myself get back up to 234. I didn't want to be one of "them people" that has surgery and then gains all the weight back. :(

Today's weight - 180.6
    53.4 pound loss since starting LC August 2015
    Height 5'7"
    I haven't been sneaking carbs as much this last week and I've been more consistently exercising. I've been taking my 120# Neapolitan Mastiff for a 2+ mile walk in the morning instead of getting on the treadmill and she LOVES it. And even though it's a pain when she has to keep stopping to sniff and poop, it nice to be outside and I can pick a different route so I have a change of scenery. Shark week is due next week AND I'm going to be at a motorcycle rally over the 4th of July weekend. I plan to stick to low-carb as much as possible, but with only food vendors to choose from, I have already decided I will indulge, but not to the extent I have in the past. I will choose low-carb foods as often as possible, but I'm also not planning to deny myself some yummies. Oh, and much alcohol will be consumed! My drink of choice this year will be "summer hummer" which is lime vodka and orange juice but I will be taking the orange sunrise flavored packets of generic crystal light to mix with water instead of high sugar orange juice. Oh, and probably Bud Select 55 since that is pretty low carb. I will weigh in next week before it's off on the bike, but most likely will NOT weigh in on July 6!

Have a great day everyone!

Today's weight - 180.8 (+.2)
    53.2 pound loss since starting LC August 2015
    Height 5'7"

Shark week this week. I woke up Monday morning gat 185.2 so I'm happy for the 180.8 reading this morning.

Today's weight - 180.8 (stayed the same)
    53.2 pound loss since starting LC August 2015
    Height 5'7

I'm more than happy with this weight considering all of the adult beverages that I consumed this weekend. I honestly had no intention of staying low-carb. My eating was ok....it was all the damn alcohol I drank but I don't regret it. I've been eating decent since Monday and I'm extremely happy I wasn't actually about 185 when I weighed in yesterday morning. I was expecting the worst and was pleasantly surprised. My goal for the summer is till to maintain in the low-mid 180's. I'll start trying to actually lose again this fall when all of my fun summer plans are done.

Today's weight - 184.0

Looks like it's been a while since I did a weigh-in...mostly because I've been a real slacker this summer. But like I said before, if I can maintain through the summer in the mid-180's I'm calling that a victory. I was at an outdoor country music festival last week and when I left on Thursday I weighed 183. After a weekend of eating way off plan and drinking way too much beer, I was 187.6 on Monday. Totally expected. Also, it ended up being shark week. The 184 number on the scale this morning is a welcome site after seeing Monday's number. I also broke up with my long-term boyfriend at the end of June so that has added some extra stress in my life. He's living with me and has not found a new place to live yet. I'm getting very anxious for him to move so I can move on with living my life!

Height 5'7"
    Goal weight - not sure yet but I'd like to be a normal BMI. I think that's like 165 at the high end.

Have a great day everyone. Low carb rocks!!! Now...if I can just get rid of these carb cravings I've been having, I'll be good to go!

Today's weight - 183.4 so a .6 loss since I last checked in.

I'm still bouncing around in the mid-180's and I'm still ok with that. I continue to walk 2.25 miles every morning and I think that's really the key to helping me maintain this loss during the summer when I'm definitely consuming a lot of beer!

Ex-bf still hasn't moved out and I gave him a drop-dead date of September 30 to be out. I can't take this anymore. I need my house back and I need to get on with my life!!

Height 5'7"
    Goal weight - not sure yet but I'd like to be a normal BMI. I think that's like 165 at the high end.
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    bametels wrote: »
    5'6" - 6/22 - 162; 6/29 - 161.5; 7/06 - 161; 7/13 - 160; 7/20 - 159; 7/27 - 158; 8/03 - 157

My weight has been bouncing around this past week. I kicked up my exercise and am holding water weight, which I believe are connected. This a.m., I'm the same weight as last week. Hopefully, by staying the course, I'll see a loss next week. If not, I may need to reduce my calorie level.

8/10 - 157
  • mskeyaj
    mskeyaj Posts: 76 Member
    5'7"
    SW: 186
    CW: 162.4
    GW: 138
  • MaryDeLoria
    MaryDeLoria Posts: 45 Member
    SW: 172
    CW: 168
    GW: 135

Too much vacation, too little exercise. Not logging foods, need to get back to it. Climbing back on the wagon!!
  • BaconSan2
    BaconSan2 Posts: 260 Member
    3 lb loss this week \0/ SW 184 CW 172.2 - length of time on LCHF 22 Days - met some great friends, had fun trying new recipes just HAPPY
  • BaconSan2
    What am I SAYING @*$ 284 pounds not 184 I WISH SW 284 CW 272.2 - sorry about that
  • BaconSan2
    5'6" - 6/22 - 162; 6/29 - 1Dr. 61.5; 7/06 - 161; 7/13 - 160; 7/20 - 159; 7/27 - 158; 8/03 - 157

My weight has been bouncing around this past week. I kicked up my exercise and am holding water weight, which I believe are connected. This a.m., I'm the same weight as last week. Hopefully, by staying the course, I'll see a loss next week. If not, I may need to reduce my calorie level.

8/10 - 157
    Dr. Phinney says if you are exercising hard the body shuts off fat burning because it goes to heal the muscles first after they are OK, fat burning begins - I don't know this from personal experience I have to say but only YouTube watching.

• procolorer
    procolorer Posts: 326 Member
    SW: 277
    CW: 214.4
    GW: 130-140

I'm 5'6"
  • bjwoodzy
    bjwoodzy Posts: 593 Member
    Looks like you are all doing wonderfully :) Keep up the great work! \o/

Happy to report another small loss this week (even though it's SharkWeek). I think I must be doing something right.

SW: 248
    CW: 230
    GW: 150
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    bump
  • anewlifeat40
    anewlifeat40 Posts: 179 Member
    I ate under 30 net carbs everyday, drank at least 9 cups of water everyday, exercised 4 out of 7 days... and gained 1.7 lbs this week. :neutral:

I'm also very inflamed in my neck, shoulders, lower back and hips... very constipated, fighting a virus, and had terrible insomnia all week. It'll come off eventually, but not going to lie, I was pretty disappointed. I have SO much to lose (started at over 300 lbs) and I'm only 15 lbs down in 11 weeks...
  • ramblinirishrose
    ramblinirishrose Posts: 42 Member
    I went two months like that. Stick to it and do something different with your activities like a longer walk or more hills. You will start losing again.
  • anewlifeat40
    anewlifeat40 Posts: 179 Member
    I went two months like that. Stick to it and do something different with your activities like a longer walk or more hills. You will start losing again.

I wish I could do that, but I'm dealing with an old injury in my SI joint, so no hills for me... Chiropractor is having me dial it back and do a short walk every other day to allow the inflammation to calm down. Also icing my hip and lower back too... Cleaning up my diet a bit and introducing intermittent fasting to see if that makes any difference to my inflammation. Fingers crossed!