Weigh in Wednesday

Replies

• genmon00
    genmon00 Posts: 604 Member
    So I have questions. I have my goal for fat set at 140 grams. I find it hard meeting that a lot. All I have read says eat fats, meet fat goal, meet fat macros, etc. So, am I okay to not meet it?

Hi! This is really how it should be:

Protien: Goal to try to meet!
    Carbs: Don't go pass your allotted amount
    Fat: Eat to satiety. You do not have to "meet" fat goals. If you are hungry, eat some fat. If you are not hungry, don't eat.

Its pretty simple if we think about it. Good luck and welcome to Lchf!
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Oh right, it is Wednesday. Well, since I've not posted this anywhere previously, I'll start here.

6/22- 155.1
    6/29- 152.3

Still dropping faster than I'd like, even after pushing the kcals up to 1700 per day, and having a couple of notably higher days during food prep.

6/29 - 152.3
    7/6 - 151.2

Going to let it ride for one more week and adjust to slow down as needed.

7/6 - 151.2
    7/13 - 151.9

About what I was hoping to see this week, though well within a margin of error either way. Going to see how the trend runs over the next two months, making slight adjustments every couple of weeks.

7/13 - 151.9
    7/20 - 151.5

Getting pretty static, and I'm seeing about what I would expect. Going to hold this caloric level (1700) for another couple of weeks and see how it runs.

7/20 - 151.5
    7/27 - 151.2

Still running well within the expected range, and seeing extremely low variance during daily weigh-ins.

7/27 - 151.2
    8/3 - 150.1

Welp, time to average and adjust upward.

8/3 - 150.1
    8/10 - 154.0

Going from completely sedentary to lifting six times per week, and being more active outside of that than I have ever been, is definitely having a clear impact on weight fluctuation. Feels good though. Looking forward to seeing how the upward trend actually runs, now that I am running a surplus.

8/10 - 154.0
    8/17 - 155.4

Seen all manner of weight fluctuation over this past week, from a high of 158.4 (yesterday), to a low of 152.9. It doesn't surprise me, given the change from doing nothing, to lifting (or some form of resistance training) every day for the last week and a half or so. Already starting to notice a lot of musculature being brought back to life, from it's previously unused state. Going to run for another couple of weeks before I bother photo updating my bulk thread though.

8/17 - 155.4
    8/24 - 158.5

Continuing with the pretty rapid fluctuations and swings, though I am seeing a defined upward trend. Going for a couple of more weeks before tinkering with anything. Lifts are up, measurements are acceptable, and calipers haven't changed much. I'll take it, for now.

8/24 - 158.5
    8/31 - 158.1

Weight has started to stabilize a bit. I should be able to get a better grasp on things from here forward. Still going to mostly be watching the tape, calipers, and my emerging abdominals.
  • jassnip
    jassnip Posts: 116 Member
    edited September 2016
    ... and my emerging abdominals.

I think this may be my favorite thing I've read all day.

• BaconSan2
    BaconSan2 Posts: 260 Member
    SW 284
    Last Week 268.2
    CW 267
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    I'm up 2 lbs over last week, but I've been nailing the workouts so I'm betting it's just water and will come off SOON!
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    @Kimo159 - Don't sweat a bad week here and there. It will happen. You are absolutely doing the right thing by posting even though it was a gain. At least for me, that is the type of thing that gets me motivated. Some people love to win. I hate to lose/fail. It makes my determination level skyrocket. I expect you will have a great week this week.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Oh right, it is Wednesday. Well, since I've not posted this anywhere previously, I'll start here.

6/22- 155.1
    6/29- 152.3

Still dropping faster than I'd like, even after pushing the kcals up to 1700 per day, and having a couple of notably higher days during food prep.

6/29 - 152.3
    7/6 - 151.2

Going to let it ride for one more week and adjust to slow down as needed.

7/6 - 151.2
    7/13 - 151.9

About what I was hoping to see this week, though well within a margin of error either way. Going to see how the trend runs over the next two months, making slight adjustments every couple of weeks.

7/13 - 151.9
    7/20 - 151.5

Getting pretty static, and I'm seeing about what I would expect. Going to hold this caloric level (1700) for another couple of weeks and see how it runs.

7/20 - 151.5
    7/27 - 151.2

Still running well within the expected range, and seeing extremely low variance during daily weigh-ins.

7/27 - 151.2
    8/3 - 150.1

Welp, time to average and adjust upward.

8/3 - 150.1
    8/10 - 154.0

Going from completely sedentary to lifting six times per week, and being more active outside of that than I have ever been, is definitely having a clear impact on weight fluctuation. Feels good though. Looking forward to seeing how the upward trend actually runs, now that I am running a surplus.

8/10 - 154.0
    8/17 - 155.4

Seen all manner of weight fluctuation over this past week, from a high of 158.4 (yesterday), to a low of 152.9. It doesn't surprise me, given the change from doing nothing, to lifting (or some form of resistance training) every day for the last week and a half or so. Already starting to notice a lot of musculature being brought back to life, from it's previously unused state. Going to run for another couple of weeks before I bother photo updating my bulk thread though.

8/17 - 155.4
    8/24 - 158.5

Continuing with the pretty rapid fluctuations and swings, though I am seeing a defined upward trend. Going for a couple of more weeks before tinkering with anything. Lifts are up, measurements are acceptable, and calipers haven't changed much. I'll take it, for now.

8/24 - 158.5
    8/31 - 158.1

Weight has started to stabilize a bit. I should be able to get a better grasp on things from here forward. Still going to mostly be watching the tape, calipers, and my emerging abdominals.

8/31 - 158.1
    9/7 - 162.5

Weight has stabilized at this exact point for the last few days, after a pretty strong falloff following my last refeed. This is likely the set point where I can finally start judging how intake is affecting weight, while also watching composition via tape and calipers.
  • rjc992
    rjc992 Posts: 20 Member
    New to this thread
    SW 303 (Feb 2016)
    CW 227
    GW 180
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    StacyChrz wrote: »
    Good morning!!

SW 251.8
    Last Week 192.4
    Today 191.6 (Down 60 lbs!!!!!)

My goal is to be down to 175 by Thanksgiving, that means I have 12 weeks to lose 16.6lbs. I think that's very do-able. I hope everyone is having a Happy Hump Day!!

Today I am at 196.4lbs, up a little more than 5 lbs. I know I ate way to much in general and went way over my carbs on Sunday and Monday. I have been back on track since yesterday and should see things starting to move back down by tomorrow. I'm sure it will take several days since there is likely a little fat gained as well as water weight. Now I have 11 weeks to lose 21.4 lbs, still doable and I'm going to do it.
  • Kimo159
    Kimo159 Posts: 508 Member
    cstehansen wrote: »
    @Kimo159 - Don't sweat a bad week here and there. It will happen. You are absolutely doing the right thing by posting even though it was a gain. At least for me, that is the type of thing that gets me motivated. Some people love to win. I hate to lose/fail. It makes my determination level skyrocket. I expect you will have a great week this week.

Thanks! I'm such a perfectionist and have been working on being more kind to myself when I'm less than perfect. Congrats on being in the 170's!! Here's to this next week and us killin it!
    Good morning!!

SW 251.8
    Last Week 192.4
    Today 191.6 (Down 60 lbs!!!!!)

My goal is to be down to 175 by Thanksgiving, that means I have 12 weeks to lose 16.6lbs. I think that's very do-able. I hope everyone is having a Happy Hump Day!!

Today I am at 196.4lbs, up a little more than 5 lbs. I know I ate way to much in general and went way over my carbs on Sunday and Monday. I have been back on track since yesterday and should see things starting to move back down by tomorrow. I'm sure it will take several days since there is likely a little fat gained as well as water weight. Now I have 11 weeks to lose 21.4 lbs, still doable and I'm going to do it.

You'll probably be amazed at how fast the 5 lbs comes back down. I think much more of it is water than you think. You got this!
  • Shadowmf023
    Shadowmf023 Posts: 812 Member
    Lost 1.8kg since I last posted here. :smile: not sure how much is water. Lol
  • lisajuly
    lisajuly Posts: 240 Member
    New here too , D1 from last week's weigh in

SW: 177 (July7)
    CW: 163.5
    GW: debatable 145-150ish
  • fablevins
    fablevins Posts: 111 Member
    5'2
    SW:195
    Last Week:154.5
    CW:154

I'm happy with any loss.
  • Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    No change from last Wednesday for me. Boo. Upping my steps for Sept to see if that helps.
  • Cyndi146
    Cyndi146 Posts: 411 Member
    Sarahb29 wrote: »
    No change from last Wednesday for me. Boo. Upping my steps for Sept to see if that helps.

Me too! Hoping the extra movement will start moving the scale down. Good luck!