Need help with exercises for petite women.

Options
Hello everyone,

Can someone give me suggestions of exercises for petite women?

My goal: to gain 3 lbs - 8 lbs and exercise to look fit. (like this girl Kacy Catanzaro http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfZFuw7a13E)
-
About me: 24 yrs old, 92 lbs, 5 feet tall.

Although I am skinny, but I do have belly fat. I walk after dinner for about 30-45 minutes M-F. I know that does not consider workout, but anyone has any suggestions? I also do triceps, lifting 5 lbs weight every other day.
I have a flat chest and butt since I am so skinny and have a petite frame. I looked up websites suggestion to do butt workout and yoga, I did the butt workout for a while and it didn't help.

Please let me know the specific workouts that you guys do!
Thank you! :)

Replies

• xmichaelyx
    xmichaelyx Posts: 883 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    There are no exercises for petite women; there are only plain old exercises. All you need to do is work hard at whatever you like enough to do consistently.

Check out the New Rules of Lifting for Women, or a bodypump/crossfit/bootcamp class at your local gym. Find what you like and do it. It all works as long as you push yourself and don't quit.

The butt workout didn't work because all those single-bodypart workouts are pointless. Work out your whole body HARD a few times per week for 6 months, and then you can decide what does and doesn't work.

Good luck!

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    they don't make exercises for women. or men. or big men. or big women.
    or small women. or small men.

they just make: exercises.

try starting strength, strong lifts, new rules of lifting or strong curves.
  • gemmamummy
    gemmamummy Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm 4'11 and 99lbs. I have been doing All pro workout for 5 months now. Its 3 sets of 10 of, bench press, squat, bicep curl, deadlift, calf raises, bent over rows, shoulder press. I go as heavy as I can, (eg 60kg squat). You need to also work out what your maintenance calories are and eat above them to gain about 0.5lbs a week. I am currently on 1800 kcals and slowly working up to find that point where a gain of 0.5lb a week is possible. Google All pro beginners workout.
  • graciiekim
    graciiekim Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    To lose that belly fat, I suggest running or biking, or even consider taking a spin class!
    And yes!! I love that woman; she's such an inspiration
  • dnamouse
    dnamouse Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    If you want a body like Kacy, be prepared to work your backside off.
    She's hardcore lol

And she trains just like the men.

I also suggest starting strength, strong lifts, new rules of lifting or strong curves.
  • DjinnMarie
    DjinnMarie Posts: 1,297 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Eat more, lift more.
    I'm petite as well, 5'4" and 115 lbs.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    You will never look like that with pink dumbbells in your hand. Pick up heavy things and learn to enjoy it.
  • MochiL1206
    Options
    Thanks for the advice, everyone! Some of you suggest to do those exercises, so that means that I have to hire a personal trainer or pay to go to the gym? No working at home? My main problem right now is I am unemployed, so I don't have the budget.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    MochiL1206 wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice, everyone! Some of you suggest to do those exercises, so that means that I have to hire a personal trainer or pay to go to the gym? No working at home? My main problem right now is I am unemployed, so I don't have the budget.

No need for a personal trainer unless you really want one. A gym is best for weight training but if you don't have the money right now look for body weight exercises.
  • MochiL1206
    Options
    MochiL1206 wrote: »

No need for a personal trainer unless you really want one. A gym is best for weight training but if you don't have the money right now look for body weight exercises.

Yes, I will start with that. I also downloaded the myfitnesspal to keep track of my calories intake as I need to gain weight. Thank you for the advice! I am looking into that now. :smile:
  • MochiL1206
    Options
    Oh, I am also thinking of combining it with yoga. Idk if that's too much all at once.
  • misselemental
    misselemental Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Fitnessblender.com!!! I love their workouts, husband and wife team, and they are all free!!
  • Phobos1618
    Options
    Read this article Train Like a Man Look Like a Goddess: http://www.leangains.com/2012/10/train-like-man-look-like-goddess.html

Put down those little 5lbs and start lifting heavy weights. You're not going to end up looking like a man.
  • dalecharles99
    Options
    Since you are a beginner, you will want to spend some time getting into condition for lifting. As many of the posters mentioned, there are good programs out there that can help you. I recommend that you start out with basic bodyweight exercises that hit your big muscle groups. Things like step-ups, bodyweight squats, pushups, handstands against a wall for time. You may need to start out with pushups against a wall or countertop and squats off a box or hassock. Ease into it but do something everyday. I am also a big believer in kettlebell swings. They are easy to learn and they will put functional bodyweight on you. You can find good form on UTube or through books or DVD.

Good luck and don't give up.

Dale
  • kjarvo
    kjarvo Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    there are no specific exercises for petite woman! Unless you count gymnastics where petiteness is an advantage, so do that. Cardio and strength, there you are.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,503 Member
    Options
    Kacy used to be a competitive gymnast. She also trained with weights along with her gym training. And it didn't happen in a short time.
    As mentioned there are no gender or frame type exercises, just exercises. You want to better your shape, you do the exercises that affect them the most.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • MochiL1206
    Options
    Hi All,
    I started out brisk walking today and only one min of jogging as my stomach starts hurting. I always had this condition BC I don't breath enough oxygen in. So I have to walk more often, then jog later. Anyway, I also did some weight lifting. I used to do 2 lbs and increased to 5 lbs after a few months. That are pretty heave for me. I tried the 10 lbs and I just can't lift it. I can only do like 10 reps on 8 lbs. But I will keep trying. My arms and legs are sore now. Lol. Thanks everyone for the advice. I know it takes weeks to see results.