To all moms with flabby bellies: There's hope! 30 pounds lost! :D

Options
Hey moms, hey everyone,

about 21 months ago I gave birth to a little miracle. With the miracle came a lot of fat on my hips and belly and let's just be honest- my body looked like a battlefield. I was pretty depressed for a while, especially because I was not allowed to exercise for quite some time and I just wanted to get my old body back sooo bad. Also, I didn't think I could ever have a decent looking belly again- considering all the stretch marks and the loose skin. Good news, ladies! It is possible! For me, it took about a year and a half of more or less regular exercise and eating yummy healthy stuff as well as chocolate (I fell off the horse a bunch). I think It's not about being super strict all the time and not enjoy life anymore. It's about having a long-term goal and seeing each day as a new chance. Don't be too hard on yourself, you can always jump back on the horse. Just stay in the race- slow and steady rather then exercising like crazy and starving yourself for a week and then giving up because it sucks. I've tried that, too. Didn't work.

Here some data:
Body fat: from 30% to 27%
Weight: from about 190 pounds to about 160
Weight lost: about 30 pounds

Me and my horse are still running. My goal is 24% body fat and 150 pounds.

So, mommies and big bellied people- I did it and SO CAN YOU! Just jump on that horse, push hard and don't forget to love yourself and cut yourself some slack sometimes! :)

bellywow_zpsc8e2137a.jpg

Replies

• anovak1009
    anovak1009 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! I'm in a similar situation. After 2 kids and a total of about 60lbs gained, I'm finally getting really motivated to lose that extra weight. Thanks for the inspiration to keep going. I've lost 4lbs so far in about 3 weeks but seeing other success stories makes a huge difference! Great job!!
  • jouttie
    jouttie Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hehe my daughter is almost 16 so I think I have missed the boat there ;-)
    Good on you though!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Win! (*)
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    You look great! Good on you.
  • raysmyth
    raysmyth Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • raysmyth
    raysmyth Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    How tall are you?
  • daffyfroz
    daffyfroz Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Well done, you look great. I have a slightly lower BF % and weight than you but my belly still looks way bigger than yours. I have a fair way to go because I am only 5' 2" so it will take me longer to get back into proportion.
  • momwantsbodyback
    momwantsbodyback Posts: 83 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    raysmyth wrote: »
    How tall are you?

I am 5.7 :)
  • hellosay
    hellosay Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Wow, good for you! Thanks for the motivation, my son is 3 and I am (almost) half-way there. :persevere:
  • lillyrose2020
    lillyrose2020 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Wow, amazing progress! Well done and thanks for sharing your positivity! I've not had children... I would love a tum like yours :smile:
    Slow and steady wins the race!
  • momwantsbodyback
    momwantsbodyback Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    And another picture from the side:

belly2_zps2edb539f.jpg
  • Ladybug1250
    Ladybug1250 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this. you look fantastic!
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • bebenevaeh
    bebenevaeh Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!
  • sixpacklady
    sixpacklady Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Amazing!
    I am the before pic now, hoping to get to your after pic!

Just have to keep reminding that it will take time and there are no shortcuts. Keep working out and enjoy life!
  • TheRealNoodlette
    TheRealNoodlette Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Wow you look great! Awesome work! I love your quote: "I think It's not about being super strict all the time and not enjoy life anymore. It's about having a long-term goal and seeing each day as a new chance."

Great job.
  • rhonellewaldron
    rhonellewaldron Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! You stayed focused and are seeing results because of it. Keep on keeping on. I too had a baby recently (17 months ago) and have only just because disciplined. I am happy to see you say there is hope for the battle scars and war zone. Lol
  • DiamondDiva914
    DiamondDiva914 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hmmm...my kids are 20, 18, and 17; and I have a one year old grandson! I can't blame it on baby weight, anymore! LOL!! But you look marvelous, and you're very inspirational! Thank you!
  • Iansmommy123011
    Iansmommy123011 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Hey Amazing progress! I am going through the same issue. My son will be turning 3 on Dec 30th. I can't get this nasty fat belly gone. Its always sticking our or jiggling when I walk. I wold love the motivation :)
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Well done and thank you for sharing! I've lost more than 40 lbs so far, and my current status is about the same as your before shot. I feel great about my progress and my lifestyle changes but have recently been feeling like the baby belly will never leave, just fall closer to the floor. My hope is renewed with your success story.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!