Slimquick pills?

Options
Has anyone had any success using these? Do they work well?

Replies

• ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    If any diet pill worked, we would have no fat people. Get real.
  • williamwj2014
    williamwj2014 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    None of those pills work. They usually advise you to essentially starve yourself which is obviously bad. Just eat better than you currently are and do some light exercising to start you off. Easier said than done, but it's really the best way to do it. There are no secrets to weight loss.
  • UltimateTrashBae
    UltimateTrashBae Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    It told me that I had to take them with breakfast and lunch, count my calories, and follow the exercise routine. I'm not looking for a quick, no effort fix. Counting calories hasn't been working for me and I was hoping this would give me the extra boost I need to shed the extra poundage.
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    The only thing those pills will do is making you go to the bathroom more
  • williamwj2014
    Options
    Yeah..no. Pills don't work and have you tried to adjust your calorie intake as well as your exercises? You might not be pushing yourself when it comes to exercising which can lead to a plateau. Your body eventually gets accustomed to a certain routine and if it hasn't changed, you won't notice much of a change.
  • UltimateTrashBae
    Options
    Except fat people who take these expect a miracle pill that will shed the weight with no effort on their part. I'm willing to put forth the effort, I was just wondering if they helped any... Holy crap, I wasn't expecting such sarcastic remarks.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    It told me that I had to take them with breakfast and lunch, count my calories, and follow the exercise routine. I'm not looking for a quick, no effort fix. Counting calories hasn't been working for me and I was hoping this would give me the extra boost I need to shed the extra poundage.

Read bolded....

• williamwj2014
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Except fat people who take these expect a miracle pill that will shed the weight with no effort on their part. I'm willing to put forth the effort, I was just wondering if they helped any... Holy crap, I wasn't expecting such sarcastic remarks.

What sarcastic remarks? There was no use of sarcastic remarks in this thread. You asked if it helped and we answered.

nvm, just saw one. but don't get sensitive about them.
  • UltimateTrashBae
    Options
    RGv2 wrote: »

Read bolded....

I can read. Thank you. I haven't taken the pills yet, have just been counting calories and exercising when I can.
  • pscarolina
    pscarolina Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Counting calories hasn't been working for me and I was hoping this would give me the extra boost I need to shed the extra poundage.

What do you mean counting calories hasn't been working? Have you been counting & why do you think it's not working?

You'll still have to count your calories with pills or injections or tea or sauerkraut juice or whatever the trick of the day happens to be.
  • shmulyeng
    shmulyeng Posts: 472 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    You must be new here. Otherwise you would have known what you're getting yourself into.

Yes, if you take the pills, count your calories and exercise, you'll lose weight. Or, as my father always says, "that and a token will get you on the subway".

If counting hasn't worked for you, you're probably not counting accurately. As a rule, don't measure solids by volume. Always weigh all your food. You'll see how deceiving volume can be.
  • marinabreeze
    marinabreeze Posts: 141 Member
    Options

Wait - so the directions tell you to count calories, but you say counting calories hasn't worked for you? What makes you think you can count calories with the pills if you say you can't do it without them? If people who take the pills lose weight, it's because they're counting calories, staying in a deficit, and exercising, not because they took the pills.
  • redfisher1974
    redfisher1974 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    pscarolina wrote: »
    Counting calories hasn't been working for me and I was hoping this would give me the extra boost I need to shed the extra poundage.

What do you mean counting calories hasn't been working? Have you been counting & why do you think it's not working?

You'll still have to count your calories with pills or injections or tea or sauerkraut juice or whatever the trick of the day happens to be.

You're awesome.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Sorry hon, people are awfully harsh on here. I myself tried many pills in the past and all they did was make me either sluggish, twitchy, crabby or wonky. Therefore I suggest B vitamins instead of diet pills when you are looking for some energy to fuel your workouts.
  • UltimateTrashBae
    Options
    pscarolina wrote: »

I've been following the myfitnesspal suggestion for how many calories I could limit myself to. I have been counting on my own, writing things down since I'm not always able to access the internet. I haven't lost any weight and it almost looks like I've bee gaining.
    I have no intention to stop counting calories or exercising. Like I said, was only looking for a boost or something to help lose the weight.
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Hi!! If counting calories was not working it is either because you are not at a deficit or you are not logging accurately. You have to weigh and measure everything!! It really works if done correctly. Dont waste your money on pills...I have tried them all:) Good luck! If you want help with your logging, friend request me with an open diary
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Regarding the calories, I guess the next question is whether you have a food scale and accurate measures so that you know exactly how much you are eating and therefore have an accurate and true calorie count. If you don't have these things, they are cheap and I highly recommend you buy them; it can make all the difference to have accurate measurements versus guessing/eyeballing/whatever.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    gothchiq wrote: »
    Sorry hon, people are awfully harsh on here.
    Pffft. No one has been harsh yet.
  • UltimateTrashBae
    Options
    gothchiq wrote: »
    Sorry hon, people are awfully harsh on here. I myself tried many pills in the past and all they did was make me either sluggish, twitchy, crabby or wonky. Therefore I suggest B vitamins instead of diet pills when you are looking for some energy to fuel your workouts.
    Thank you.