Using Bento Boxes for lunches.

Options

Replies

• Lndarden50
    Lndarden50 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I've been on clearing-out-the-freezer lunches recently (it's pretty much random what I get to eat), so I haven't been using my bento boxes since I've been back at work. Slow cooker ham and bean soup isn't exactly bento-able lol.

Maybe it isn't bento-able, but it sounds dang tasty!!! :love: Most of my clearing-out-the-freezer stuff just ends up being, "lets put this vegetable next to this protein and see if that works." I know. It definitely sounds appetizing, am I right? :D
  • Lndarden50
    Options
    Y'all, I've packed breakfast, lunch, and dinner today! I'm so excited! I have no excuse to go and buy something to nibble on! I'll be back on track to purchase a home by summer in no time! I'll post pictures later!

My new bento is a bit bigger than I expected, so that's been interesting to work with. On top of that, today there's something very fishy in the office refrigerator, and I'm not sorry. I am the worst kind of person. :#
  • Lndarden50
    Options
    onsh4m39ijls.jpeg
    Lunch bento in my new box! Fish, broccoli, peas, carrots, and a fruit salad! The bananas didn’t, uh, turn out so well. Altogether delicious!

My cute new lunch tote!

n25iddvg64e7.jpeg

Pic of my dinner bento to come after I’ve heated it/made it to class!
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Haha, a lot of cut fruits don't last that long unless you squeeze some lemon or lime juice over it. I usually stick to berries, melon or citrus (or whole fruit if it will fit in the box). Can't wait to see the dinner one!
  • Editme12
    Editme12 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Lndarden50 wrote: »

My cute new lunch tote!

n25iddvg64e7.jpeg

Cute tote!

• Lndarden50
    Options
    Editme12 wrote: »

My cute new lunch tote!

n25iddvg64e7.jpeg

Cute tote!

Thanks! Amazon's the best. It was under $10, too!
  • Lndarden50
    Options
    Haha, a lot of cut fruits don't last that long unless you squeeze some lemon or lime juice over it. I usually stick to berries, melon or citrus (or whole fruit if it will fit in the box). Can't wait to see the dinner one!

Yeaaah... My bananas had been doing well when I cut my grapes, so I guess that's what I'll have to do.

Dinner was delicious! And very pretty! However, I was so hungry by the time I got to class that I forgot to take a picture! :# I didn't pack anything pretty yesterday. I had tomato soup for lunch and forgot my dinner, so I suffered through my presentation until I got home and had wine and cheese for a 10:00 snack. Very nutritious. Lots of good antioxidants there. :D
  • mangrothian
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Lazy bento Friday...
    Ham mustard and vintage cheddar sandwich (we’re still going through our Christmas ham lol) and some mixed veg with olives. The tomatoes and mini capsicums are from my garden :)
    ppufk1780mjv.jpeg
    I tried to use the pokeball press on the inside of the lid on my sandwich, but the bread wasn't big enough :(
  • Lndarden50
    Options
    Lazy bento Friday...
    Ham mustard and vintage cheddar sandwich (we’re still going through our Christmas ham lol) and some mixed veg with olives. The tomatoes and mini capsicums are from my garden :)
    ppufk1780mjv.jpeg
    I tried to use the pokeball press on the inside of the lid on my sandwich, but the bread wasn't big enough :(

It looks so yummy! I wish I was able to grow anything other than potted plants! Is that a peach I spy in there?
  • Lndarden50
    Options
    Hey everyone! I just finished my lunch hour, of which 30 minutes was spent climbing stairs in very creative ways. >.< All I can say now is “Ow!”

Here’s a photo of my lunch! It’s Szechuan chicken with carrots and peas, and a handful of frozen peaches. Drunk Lisa thought she put in enough peaches last night. Sober Lisa thinks she was sorely mistaken.

clkeo8vomn5q.jpeg

Dinner looks similar, but I’ll take a picture if I remember anyway! :)
  • Lndarden50
    Options
    Class is cancelled (whoo!!!), so dinner is staying at the office for tomorrow! :)
  • SpecialKitty7
    SpecialKitty7 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I just finished my lunch hour, of which 30 minutes was spent climbing stairs in very creative ways. >.< All I can say now is “Ow!”

Here’s a photo of my lunch! It’s Szechuan chicken with carrots and peas, and a handful of frozen peaches. Drunk Lisa thought she put in enough peaches last night. Sober Lisa thinks she was sorely mistaken.

clkeo8vomn5q.jpeg

I agree with Sober Lisa! That chicken looks great, did you make that? This week has just been leftover chili and fritos for lunch. I still pack it cute, though. I should probably take a pic before snarfling it for lunch every day :blush:
  • Lndarden50
    Options
    Dinner last night - More Szechuan chicken stir fry with grapes, 5 calorie sugar free jello, and a tiny bit of cheese, mutilated to the best of my ability.
    I also picked up dehydrated okra later because I couldn’t resist. Yum.
    51zoapfy78rd.jpeg

Lunch - Homemade chili and sour cream (it looks pink because I may have snuck a Takis or four when I was packing last night) and black grapes. They can’t all be pretty.
    7e0cxmgbsrc7.jpeg
  • Lndarden50
    Options

clkeo8vomn5q.jpeg

I agree with Sober Lisa! That chicken looks great, did you make that? This week has just been leftover chili and fritos for lunch. I still pack it cute, though. I should probably take a pic before snarfling it for lunch every day :blush:

Yes! I made it Monday night to take to work/class for lunch and dinner! Thank you! :blush: I had leftover chili for lunch, too! How do you make yours, if I may ask? And, please take a pic! I bet it’s super cute! My lunch today wasn’t so cute, but I was tired...
  • SpecialKitty7
    edited February 2018
    Options
    It's pretty simple. Brown the ground chicken, toss on the chili powder, and mix, then literally dump the rest of the ingredients in and heat through. Even though everything is listed in grams, it's actually a whole can/package of each item.

hx9mrng5gb23.png
  • SpecialKitty7
    Options
    Here's what it looks like:

g4ugzk8hz7hk.jpg
  • SpecialKitty7
    Options
    This week's lunch, green tea soba noodles & shrimp sauteed in sesame oil, garlic, soy sauce and ginger, with broccoli. I did up my snack box too.

4o03lwtpc61t.jpg
  • mangrothian
    Options
    I made a thingy! I also actually remembered to snap a pic of said thingy for once!
    s916ry0iqney.jpg
    Today's lunch is rice with 5-spice pulled pork (recipe right here) and mixed veg, including tomatoes and a mini capsicum from my garden as well as a couple of strawberries.
  • couturebody
    couturebody Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I live in Tokyo and I meal prep every week, but on Fridays I eat a bento from the supermarket. I'll post the next one haha.
  • SpecialKitty7
    Options
    I've been bento-ing my snack box, and since it's cute I thought I'd post it.

3gejo3thqglv.jpg