'Korean' puffed cereal cookies?

Options
There is an absolutely amazing Asian food market walking distance from my home, and after finally trying (and loving!) shirataki noodles I went yesterday to buy a bunch. Spotted these dinner-plate-sized 'cookies' on my way to pay, boggled, looked at the nutrition info to see just how horrible they were... only to find they're 72 calories and 2g sugar/carbs for *two*. I couldn't believe it, so of course had to buy them.

The 'serving' weight measured up (20g for two -- by my scale it was 23g for two), and the taste was just how I like: very slightly sweet. The texture was odd - like crunchy styrofoam - but I'm a weird texture kind of person (find the texture of the shirataki noodles very appealing, to give you an idea!).

Anyway, I was thinking these would be *amazing* for a 'skinny' strawberry shortcake (I actually hate the texture of shortcake...), or with cinnamon or pb2 sprinkled on top, or even just by itself if I'm craving a lot of something crunchy... but not sure I believe the nutrition info.

Anyone have any input? Should I trust the info? I found them online here, and they already existed in MFP's database, but haven't been able to find any real information about them.

(I should note these are NOT the 'puffed cereal cookies' that are kind of like rice crispy treats or rice cakes, which are apparently a loved treat by several Asian cultures. They are flat like tortilla shells and the sweetness is VERY subtle... kind of remind me of 'kix' cereal)

Thanks!

Replies

• spoonyspork
    spoonyspork Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    bump... anyone?

Made this with them tonight! 150 calories if the label is correct:

nv76w5h70exz.jpg

These puppies are almost 9" across...