Trying to gain weight

Options
hey guys I'm new to this , giving this a try well I'm triying to gain weight but also trying to gain muscle, I've always struggled to gain weight.I'm 18 & rn I'm currently 85 lbs & 5'3, can anyone help? Thank you ! (:

Replies

• ELiCiT23
    ELiCiT23 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Find out your caloric needs as well as your TDEE from a calorie calculator site. Eat 500 calories OVER your maintenance calories. Easy.
  • jma310
    jma310 Posts: 1
    Options
    Keep in mind you want to eat enough food to have a caloric surplus. I like to stick to the basics and wholesome foods like Yams, brown rice/bread etc. You can do it!
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    It's pretty easy really just find your maintenance and add 250 to 500 cals per day and lift on a good novice program like Strong Curves or Stting Lifts 5x5. The more you eat the more goes to fat but this might be what you want for the first bit.
  • shilpz3
    Options
    i am in the same boat as u, very naturally thin, the problem is that i eat alot of fruits and vegetables to be nutricious which does not help me gain weight :(
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options
    shilpz3 wrote: »
    i am in the same boat as u, very naturally thin, the problem is that i eat alot of fruits and vegetables to be nutricious which does not help me gain weight :(

Eat more bananas! :)
  • Vcorz
    Vcorz Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Yeah your weight is so low right now you shouldn't be afraid to gain a good 10-15 pounds of fat or so. Then you can always add muscle once you have a base.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options
    Vcorz wrote: »
    Yeah your weight is so low right now you shouldn't be afraid to gain a good 10-15 pounds of fat or so. Then you can always add muscle once you have a base.

You can also add muscle as you gain unless there is a huge hurry to put on fat. Certainly, adding muscle and adding fat are compeltely compatible goals. :)
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Vcorz wrote: »

Why just add fat- no reason to add muscle along the way- that's a waste of good time.
  • liliacft
    Options
    hey guys I'm new to this , giving this a try well I'm triying to gain weight but also trying to gain muscle, I've always struggled to gain weight.I'm 18 & rn I'm currently 85 lbs & 5'3, can anyone help? Thank you ! (:

• liliacft
    Options
    Make sure u eat a lot and take protain shake and do some weight