Good butt excercises??

Options
anybody got some good butt excercises that work good????

Replies

• funfang
    funfang Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Highly recommend Strong Curves! get the book and pick the best program for you, lots people have great success with it ( including me ;-)
  • Mjones23456
    Mjones23456 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Squats and more Squats! Then lunges! Fun stuff!
  • saltlife2414
    Options
    funfang wrote: »
    Highly recommend Strong Curves! get the book and pick the best program for you, lots people have great success with it ( including me ;-)
    Really ok I'll see if it's on my iPad thank u that's what I need...when did u start seeing results?
  • dlvuyovich
    dlvuyovich Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    agree w/ Mjones23456, plus deadlifts. Also, youtube hip thrusts on the leg extension machine when you are ready to go heavy.

Sprints, box jumps, etc. have also helped me.
  • Delilahhhhhh
    Delilahhhhhh Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Bret Contreras is my go to guy for everything glute. Enjoy!!

http://bretcontreras.com/glute-secrets/
  • MmmDrop
    MmmDrop Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Bret Contreras is a freaking sexy man. I think I would do anything he told me to do. lol... great book too btw.
  • funfang
    funfang Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    funfang wrote: »
    Really ok I'll see if it's on my iPad thank u that's what I need...when did u start seeing results?

I could "feel"my butt after the first work out, I think I started seeing result on the 5th week, everyone is different,

I really don't have a butt so it might take me longer to get what I want. I am on the 10 week of the 12 weeks program. I plan to keep doing SC after this just pick a different program.

Good luck!
  • saltlife2414
    Options
    Ok so I am def ordering this book lol wow I had no clue thank u everyone!!! Can't wait to get started on this I'm excited lol
  • squirrlt
    squirrlt Posts: 106 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Just wanted to chime in (OP I think this book is just what you are looking for! Don't get the kindle/ebook version, it's a huge pain to use! Get the actual book!! ). I just started Strong Curves yesterday with my daughter (so maybe I'm overly excited). I'm a fairly experienced lifter, but have been on a loooong hiatus and my daughter has zero weighlifting experience, so we started together at the easiest level to build good form. I was pleasantly surprised. I felt like the program is deceptively easy! In the first workout/beginning level, we only did bodyweight/dumbbells, it felt like a cakewalk, but I am feeling it in my hammies and glutes a bit today, yay! I don't mean in a horrible "ouch I can't walk" way either, but just a tiny bit sore, so I know I know I hit the target "butt" muscles. I looked ahead to the more advanced workouts, and the authors ease you into it very gradually. It seems like a well thought out program, I am looking forward to the coming weeks.

PS I have not figured out how to search groups on MFP. Does anyone have a link to an active Strong Curves group? I joined one yesterday, but they don't seem to be very active, I thought there might another one out there.
  • rjmudlax13
    rjmudlax13 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Squats and deadlifts.

/endthread
  • Brolympus
    Brolympus Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    rjmudlax13 wrote: »
    Squats and deadlifts.

/endthread

+ glute raises if you have access to a machine like that for some isolation work. These 3 exercises are pretty much all you need OP.
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    glute bridges, hip thrusts, squats (all types), regular deadlifts and my fav- single leg stiff legged deadlifts. Concentrate on really activating the glutes when you are doing them.
  • saltlife2414
    Options
    djcrillz wrote: »
    Just wanted to chime in (OP I think this book is just what you are looking for! Don't get the kindle/ebook version, it's a huge pain to use! Get the actual book!! ). I just started Strong Curves yesterday with my daughter (so maybe I'm overly excited). I'm a fairly experienced lifter, but have been on a loooong hiatus and my daughter has zero weighlifting experience, so we started together at the easiest level to build good form. I was pleasantly surprised. I felt like the program is deceptively easy! In the first workout/beginning level, we only did bodyweight/dumbbells, it felt like a cakewalk, but I am feeling it in my hammies and glutes a bit today, yay! I don't mean in a horrible "ouch I can't walk" way either, but just a tiny bit sore, so I know I know I hit the target "butt" muscles. I looked ahead to the more advanced workouts, and the authors ease you into it very gradually. It seems like a well thought out program, I am looking forward to the coming weeks.

PS I have not figured out how to search groups on MFP. Does anyone have a link to an active Strong Curves group? I joined one yesterday, but they don't seem to be very active, I thought there might another one out there.
    Wow thanks sooo much I'm super excited to get the book myself and thanks for the advice on the ebook thing keep me posted on when you start seeing results I'm a see it to believe it kinda girl lol but I'm def gonna get this!!!

• drepublic
    drepublic Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Squats and deadlifts.
    /endthread

Not so simple as people have different body mechanics. Read this:
    http://www.t-nation.com/training/flat-butt-fix

"Heavy leg training doesn't automatically lead to better glutes. For many women, everyone's beloved compound movements (squats, deadlifts, lunges) only increase the size of their legs by training their quads, lower back, and hams without doing much for their butts.

Their glute-leg ratio is disproportionate because their quads take over and hypertrophy during their lower body work.

Muscular legs aren't the problem. Undertrained glutes are."
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    glute bridges, hip thrusts, squats (all types), regular deadlifts and my fav- single leg stiff legged deadlifts. Concentrate on really activating the glutes when you are doing them.
    This!

• elfman5150
    elfman5150 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I definitely find that dumbbell lunges are one of the best exercises for targeting glutes and quads. Definitely depends on the person though, as mentioned above.
  • saltlife2414
    Options
    elfman5150 wrote: »
    I definitely find that dumbbell lunges are one of the best exercises for targeting glutes and quads. Definitely depends on the person though, as mentioned above.

Thx I'm def gonna try that!
  • rjmudlax13
    rjmudlax13 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    drepublic wrote: »
    Squats and deadlifts.
    /endthread

"Heavy leg training doesn't automatically lead to better glutes. For many women, everyone's beloved compound movements (squats, deadlifts, lunges) only increase the size of their legs by training their quads, lower back, and hams without doing much for their butts.

Their glute-leg ratio is disproportionate because their quads take over and hypertrophy during their lower body work.

Interesting. I've never had this problem. My butt has gotten huge from squats and deadlifts alone. Usually, if you are working your legs more than glutes during a squat, you are not squatting low enough. I suppose I can see it being different for women as their hip structure is build differently and they have different goals (want a nice round butt but not big thighs).
  • liliacft
    Options
    anybody got some good butt excercises that work good????
    drepublic wrote: »
    Squats and deadlifts.
    /endthread

Interesting. I've never had this problem. My butt has gotten huge from squats and deadlifts alone. Usually, if you are working your legs more than glutes during a squat, you are not squatting low enough. I suppose I can see it being different for women as their hip structure is build differently and they have different goals (want a nice round butt but not big thighs).

• liliacft
    Options
    Squats it's really good one